ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do as well! My mom and I make a point of getting up early to go for a walk so I can take pictures when nobody else is around :rotfl2:

That's great! I think I will bring sneakers this time and do early morning jogs since I'm training for the ToT 10 miler :)

That's great! I think I will bring sneakers this time and do early morning jogs since I'm training for the ToT 10 miler :)

Good luck!!!! That should be an awesome experience!!

I find that the time we go out in the morning (6:30am) there are quite a few people taking jogs from the Poly to the GF and back.

Good luck!!!! That should be an awesome experience!!

I find that the time we go out in the morning (6:30am) there are quite a few people taking jogs from the Poly to the GF and back.

Thank you! Do you have any idea what the distance on that is?

Thank you! Do you have any idea what the distance on that is?

I did some research, and I am unfortunately not good with measurements, but online a person said that the distance between the TTC and the Grand Floridian is 2 miles (including using the walkway between the GF and Poly). So I would presume that just the walkway between the GF and the Poly would be less than a mile or close to a mile (like 0.7).

I did some research, and I am unfortunately not good with measurements, but online a person said that the distance between the TTC and the Grand Floridian is 2 miles (including using the walkway between the GF and Poly). So I would presume that just the walkway between the GF and the Poly would be less than a mile or close to a mile (like 0.7).

This is very helpful! Thank you so much!!

They do! I believe they have to be folded up prior to boarding. Maybe someone else can confirm :)

Guess we can't take the ferry. DD cannot transfer and wheelchair doesn't fold.....oh well!! Monorail and bus for us!!!

You can take the TTC ferry. But not the Poly ferry. I would not suggest taking the TTC ferry at opening or closing of MK. The lines are long and the people are miserable!

my bet is DVC. There are rumours of something big coming to the Poly. That is a part of the property where they potentially have room and a larger structure wouldn't block the views of the existing longhouses. They could take over the area of the luau and only have to sacrifice one or two longhouses. It's also close in proximity to the GF construction site, so they could essentially just slide on over once they are done over there.
When is GF DVC construction scheduled to be complete?
Yikes I hope they don't start anything until AFTER our trip!!!:worried:
Me Too! My trip is after yours in DEC!
BTW - I've wanted that Mickey Head ring for years too. I'm not sure they still
have it but I have to look again next trip.

I don't think they would start construction on any DVC until they are a little further along with the GF construction. My more immediate concern is about the rumours of a hot tub installation for "the end of the year." We are waiting to book a cabana for the last week of October and so far IPO is telling us that "for some reason" those dates haven't been released yet for reservations (normally it's 180 days & we're 2 weeks past) :scared: Hoping it's just a bad coincidence!
This one is really a concern for me, we'll really be there at the end of the year.

How about this for a thought... I've read they need to address the building code and other issues with the GCH but given it would be a serious disruption to the resort to put it our of commission during construction maybe they will build a new GCH over in that spot so that everything can stay open while they work on it? A new GCH could incorporate a new Luau stage into the design and then once it's built they could use the real estate of the current GCH to build the DVC addition. Just running off an idea here - pure speculation.

You have excellent vision. I would have never come up with that theory but hearing it from you I can totally see it!

Thanks for the ferry info. I'm glad we were pre warned as not to stand in line for the TTC boats when it is busy at closing, which is when we may have used them to come home from evening dinners. Appreciate all the great tips prior to leaving.

I need a little clarification on the cabanas, if you don't mind :) What comes with a regular cabana and what comes with a deluxe? The pictures on page 1, post #6, are those regular or deluxe cabanas? And the price for the deluxe is not listed on the first page either, is that correct? TIA for any info!!

When is GF DVC construction scheduled to be complete?

I read elsewhere on the DIS that the GF DVC is supposed to be done for late 2013.

I need a little clarification on the cabanas, if you don't mind :) What comes with a regular cabana and what comes with a deluxe? The pictures on page 1, post #6, are those regular or deluxe cabanas? And the price for the deluxe is not listed on the first page either, is that correct? TIA for any info!!

The pictures on the first page are kind of confusing because they mix the two grades of cabanas together. The two large pictures (one at the beginning of the cabana pics & one at the end) are the premium cabana. All of the smaller pictures are the standard cabanas. With the standard cabana you get a ceiling fan, small fridge (stocked with soda & water), a fruit platter, a phone, an attendant, flat screen tv, loungers, a table, & cushioned chairs. They are in a raised area with a rope that you can put across the steps to keep others from entering the area. I believe with the deluxe cabana you get furniture that is more like living room furniture than lounge furniture, a tv, fridge, etc. You also get an outdoor dining table on a patio area and a little roped off section of beach with some loungers. The last price I saw was $638 for a full day & $319 for a half day.

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking here for a couple of months, reading all the posts. We head to the Poly for the first time on June 12th. This will be first trip for twins - DD5 and DS5. We took DD7 to Disney World when she was 4, but left the twins at home with grandparents. We are planning to surprise the kids with the trip, not telling them until the day we leave.

My question is about the day bed. Will it be made up as a bed since we have 5 people in the room, or will we need to make it up ourselves? We are not staying club level. I think that they will all fight over it if it appears as a bed, but if they think they have to sleep on a sofa, they aren't going to be too excited about it!

Thanks for all the help you have given me without even knowing it!

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking here for a couple of months, reading all the posts. We head to the Poly for the first time on June 12th. This will be first trip for twins - DD5 and DS5. We took DD7 to Disney World when she was 4, but left the twins at home with grandparents. We are planning to surprise the kids with the trip, not telling them until the day we leave.

My question is about the day bed. Will it be made up as a bed since we have 5 people in the room, or will we need to make it up ourselves? We are not staying club level. I think that they will all fight over it if it appears as a bed, but if they think they have to sleep on a sofa, they aren't going to be too excited about it!

Thanks for all the help you have given me without even knowing it!

The day bed will appear as a couch when you come into the room, even with a party of 5 (no sign of sheets!), but when you fold it down you will see that it is already made up and ready to sleep in. Our kids always fight over it! Good luck with that! (they report it is quite comfortable) The nice thing is it just kind of folds down and remains the size of a twin bed and doesn't pull out like a sofa bed that takes up a lot of floor space. You can leave it out like a bed for your entire stay and it doesn't disrupt the space in room at all.

wishuponastar, we arrive on Thursday, the day after you. If you see us around the Poly with a lime green mickey head, stop and say hi.

Scarlett24, I will be on the lookout for the lime green mickey head...:goodvibes I would love to meet a fellow Poly lover... I'm always getting the old "disney again" from friends and fam back home when they ask where we're vacationing... I say, don't ask me then.. :rotfl2: Have you started packing? I think I'm starting tomorrow...::yes::

Scarlett24, I will be on the lookout for the lime green mickey head...:goodvibes I would love to meet a fellow Poly lover... I'm always getting the old "disney again" from friends and fam back home when they ask where we're vacationing... I say, don't a me then.. :rotfl2: Have you started packing? I think I'm starting tomorrow...::yes::
Get to polyp in two weeks. Don't worry about comments about your trips. I get them every year. I just say we are going to our secondhome and no one ever replies. Enjoy

Thanks for the ferry info. I'm glad we were pre warned as not to stand in line for the TTC boats when it is busy at closing, which is when we may have used them to come home from evening dinners. Appreciate all the great tips prior to leaving.

Not a problem. My wife has knee problems and sometimes needs an ECV. We waited in line for MK departure on the Poly launch only to hear she can't ride this! Wasn't a very good night. The TTC launch is a big boat but it is packed during those times. We resorted to leaving 1 hour prior to closing riding the monorail and watching Wishes on the poly beach.

Good news - IPO has just confirmed that they have been able to book the cabana for my sister for our trip during the last week of October. Sounds like the construction/hot tub installation won't be starting by then, or it won't be affecting the main pool anyways. :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter