ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have time for a quick question!
We got home last night from our week at the Poly and LOVED it! But now, I am regretting not purchasing a tote bag that I saw in Boutiki. I looked at the Disney Store online and they don't seem to have it. Is there a way to order an item from the gift shop, maybe by calling? Will they ship it to me? I will really be kicking myself if they can't!
Thanks!

Try this website.

http://www.allthingsdisneyonline.com/index.htm if not you can always try calling the resort.

Speaking of mugs....Anyone know what drinks Poly has to offer for the mugs?? We generally don't let the kids have soda, are there any other options? Lemonade maybe? Any juices? Thanks!

Also, where can you get this Dole Whip you all speak of??? IN the GCH??

Thanks! We'll be there SOON!!! So excited!

Speaking of mugs....Anyone know what drinks Poly has to offer for the mugs?? We generally don't let the kids have soda, are there any other options? Lemonade maybe? Any juices? Thanks!

Also, where can you get this Dole Whip you all speak of??? IN the GCH??

Thanks! We'll be there SOON!!! So excited!

Besides soda you can get a "lite" raspberry lemonade in the mugs (and coffee too, I think, but I doubt you'd be giving that to the kids! :lmao:)

Both the refillable drink station and the dole whip machine are located in Captain Cook's in the GCH.

Have a great trip!

42e2063c.jpg

82ace2a4.jpg

533fefe9.jpg

a83fb7d2.jpg

9e108d53.jpg

Ahhhhh!!!! Looks like home :cloud9: Can't wait till I return.

QUOTE]

We just got back and as far as non-carbonated choices, there was a pomegranate lemonade that was a little funky tasting if you ask me, and a blue powerade and a separate containter of brewed ice tea. No juices.

We got the mugs and I'd make an iced coffee in it by pouring the brewed coffee over a LOT of ice.

Have a GREAT time and be sure to have some Dole Whip while sitting on the beach watching Wishes!

Thanks for the replies re: drinks available! My boys were excited about the blue poweraid! They also do lemonade! So, nice to know there are a few options! Thanks!!

this worked out great!!! we have a garden view room and we still can watch wishes from our room!!! i guess the only thing stopping this from being a mk view room is a few trees. anyone have a chain saw!!! :lmao:

9e1ea76d.jpg

89b77a2a.jpg

what a great resort. i never realized how big it is!! very quiet here. not sure if theres not alot of people or it is just this way. we walked to the ttc twice and i can count on one hand the number of people we have seen. unless you go to the pool or the grand cer. house, we havnt seen nor heard anyone. very nice.
it needs a dvc wing!!!!:rotfl:

heres where we are staying.

b060c811.jpg

theres a 35 percent bounce back offer in the room. between this trip and my 11 nights at okw, im out of vaction time. :furious:
this work thing is starting to get in the way of my vacations!! :lmao:

I'm at CBR right now. Made the mistake of taking the monorail from MK to the Poly. I made sure to go swimming while I was there...Just kidding :rotfl2:

I did shop a bit and then grabbed a dole whip from Captain Cooks and walked to GF. Even with the construction (or the walls up, I didn't actually see any construction), it was still a fabulous walk! The walls are only up between GF and the wedding pavilion. The dole whip lasted me the whole walk - it was divine :lovestruc

Wish I was staying at the Poly this time but at least I'm at Disney! I've struck up conversations with many a folk (especially on the bus) and inevitably they ask what my favorite resort it - and of course, it is the Poly!!!

this worked out great!!! we have a garden view room and we still can watch wishes from our room!!! i guess the only thing stopping this from being a mk view room is a few trees. anyone have a chain saw!!! :lmao:

9e1ea76d.jpg

89b77a2a.jpg

what a great resort. i never realized how big it is!! very quiet here. not sure if theres not alot of people or it is just this way. we walked to the ttc twice and i can count on one hand the number of people we have seen. unless you go to the pool or the grand cer. house, we havnt seen nor heard anyone. very nice.

b060c811.jpg

I think I am going to request your room for our trip :goodvibes. I hope you and your family are having an awesome time.

That's what I love about the poly! There at so many paths to choose from so everyone is well dispersed! Only the pool and the GCH show there are people along with you!

Okay, so I finally have some time to write a bit more about our trip! I should be on my way to drop DD off at daycare and head to work, but she is still sound asleep and I'm not gonna wake her - she needs to catch up, and honestly, I don't care if I'm late to work today. :-)

We were at the Poly from 5/5 - 5/12 and I have to say, despite a few very minor glitches, it was wonderful! We were in Rapa Nui, connecting rooms with my mom. We thought the rooms were HUGE, but yes, a bit on the dark side (seemed like we had to have every light on and the curtain open to read easily). The only issues we had were that the shower curtain rod was drooping in our room (seemed like it needed to be reattached to the wall, but it was fine) and that the TV in my mom's room didn't work (but she got a quick response from maintenance when she called and had it fixed - she likes the news in the mornings). Housekeeping did an 'eh' job - no towel animals, but they did spread out DD's stuffed animals on the bed like they were having a party on 2 mornings. For some reason, we kept getting more and more bottles of shampoo and conditioner and more bars of soap than we needed.

We loved being in Rapa Nui - very convenient for getting to the TTC, which we used more that the resort line. It was also VERY quiet - could hardly hear anyone in the halls or outside. Plus, we were 3rd floor, so I was very happy to not have anyone above us. We weren't at the resort much, since this was our first family trip to Disney, we really maximized our time in the parks. But the pools were fantastic (DD was in heaven!) and the grounds were so beautiful.

Watched Wishes from the beach 2 nights (one night in the park), enjoyed some Pina Colavas and Bahama Mamas, even a margarita from Tambu lounge one night. Dinner at Kona Cafe one night was delicious and the waitress was fantastic - even brought my daughter an extra dessert (she first said she didn't want dessert, so we chose the fruit to bring back to the room, but then she saw the ice cream sundae and decided she did want dessert after all - I guess when you're 4 1/2, you're entitled to change your mind). :-) Captain Cooks was pretty good, too, but the one evening DD wanted a pizza to eat in the room with Grandma while DH and I went out, they were down to one oven so it took FOREVER.

I unfortunately never got a Lapu Lapu or a Dole Whip, but hey - they're on the top of my list for whenever we go back. :-)

Oh - a few other little things. Had some monorail issues throughout the stay, but nothing horrible. Seems like there are definitely some bugs to be worked out, though! And, one evening on the beach, we daughter went up to a palm tree and grabbed it with both hands - and walked away all scraped up and with splinters in every finger!! We had no idea you can't touch a palm tree trunk! She was pretty upset, DH ran around trying to find tweezers or a straight pin, but she wouldn't even let him near her to try to take them out. We almost ended up taking a bus to the Orlando urgent care center (we were astounded that the only first aid is available in the parks!) but luckily, after a good night's sleep, they didn't seem to be bothering her. And the two big ones worked their way out after a big day of swimming softened up her skin. She still has a bunch of little ones, but I don't think they're anything to worry about.

So - all in all, a fantastic stay at the Poly. We got a TON done in all of the parks and I have over 1300 photos to go through, plus the PhotoPass ones to look at. :-)

Thanks to everyone here for tips, suggestions, etc - it was all very helpful!!!

Hi everyone.. Its been awhile since Ive been on the Poly thread! Stayed Poly CL twice and enjoyed it.

We had some real big service issues so DH asked to take a break from the Poly with a promise we will return..He adores the POLY CL so this is a big deal.. Unfortuantley we were treated very badly but I have gotten over it and look fwd to going back..

Have a GF stay next month and Ohana ADR so we will get to go to our beloved Poly atleast..

Sept is a disney cruise and then BC CL and no Poly Adrs planned this time.. :(

I enjoyed looking at the pics here.. Made me feel a bit home sick tho..lol

Nothing like watching Wihes from sunset pointe or shopping in wyland or boutiki or layng by the pool listening to the amazing relaxing hawaiin music!

Could someone please let me know which Long houses have the newer style larger bathrooms with separate water closets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter