~~Alissa2008 PJ 10/30/08 SBP~~ Update 7/3 (Cake Update)

Which Newsletter Should I Use? (See page 16)

• Newsletter with Cinderella Mice

• Newsletter with Figment

• Newsletter with Disney Pics

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am having a sand ceremony because I have two kids and it is a way to incorporate them into the ceremony. Now I am just wondering how I am going to get sand on a cruise and back and on a couple of flights home?

:rotfl: I never even thought of that! :confused3 Plus all the sand will get all shooked up! :lmao:

Thanks for the parking info, that was really helpful! Also, about MNSSHP...someone had mentioned that in my ADR stress thread, and I'm really glad, because that makes the transition a lot easier (plus we could have more time at the park!)... I'm so glad I have you guys!! ::yes:: :goodvibes

I think I was just looking for "mickey ears" and it came up as one of the choices....dont think I have enough posts to attach the link for you, but try that and see if you find it that way. :surfweb:

I'll have to try that, thanks again!! :surfweb:

More talk of welcome bags:

We decided, to save money, we only wanted to do welcome bags for our immediate family (the wedding party *parents* + our siblings + grandmas). We bought some great beach towels at disneyshopping.com and the total for all the towels (plus 2 for us, of course! :lmao:) was around $100.

I bought a lot of trading pins on ebay (50!) for about $70, which worked out to less than $2 a pin, so I was ok with it... and I think we're going to give all of our guests a couple...

ad6b_1.JPG

After hearing back from the fam about joining us, we have gone WAY over our 18 people (we're up to almost 40!), so after specifically telling people at the holidays that seats are first come first serve (we still wanted to keep it intimate, and can't afford the minimum room requirement for wishes), we've got our VIPs.

We told the rest they are still more than welcome to come down for a Disney vacation and our reception dinner. :banana: They seemed ok with this! Possibly because no one really likes the "ceremony" part anyway, plus it's only about an hour, so they'll get over it...plus then they can join us in the A/C instead of having to sit outside :rotfl:

Side note: While on ebay looking for pins I became incredibly addicted. I've never been a pin trader, but I'm about to become one!! (Part of me wanted to horde all of the pins for DF and me! :rotfl: So, I bid on a couple that I really needed to have...I only won two of them, but they're awesome.

5acd_1.JPG

e04a_1.JPG

I totally adore the dinah one -- I'm thinking of doing a cat lanyard... but there are so many good characters that I love (tink, eeyore, etc) I'm such a noob!! :hyper:

OMG I can't stop!!:eek: I need pin trading anonymous! I just bid on a whole bunch of amazing NBC pins to surprise DF with - he would totally flip!! He said he wants to start a Donald Duck one (haha, thanks TimmyDuck!), but I don't think he knows there are NBC ones! :lovestruc

Pin trading is awesome, addictive, and EXPENSIVE!! Watch out for those ones!!

Pin trading is awesome, addictive, and EXPENSIVE!! Watch out for those ones!!

You're not kidding!! I just bid on a NBC pin and it started at 3.00 -- fair enough, I put in a 10.00 max bid and it went up auto to 10.50, then I went up to 11, 13, 15, 18, and finally $19.50 then it auto bidded up to $20 and I was like :eek: I almost put in another bid! $20 for a freakin' pin is ridiculous!! For $20.50 that dude can totally have it!! (Plus there's 4 days still left!!)

I need to hitail it out of ebay fast!! :moped:

Wow! Those activity books you made are GREAT! And, I can't believe you got all those pins. My whole family went crazy with the pin trading a couple trips ago. Me and DF get one for each other on every trip but I don't trade or anything. It gets crazy and heavy carrying those lanyards around.

Wow! Those activity books you made are GREAT! And, I can't believe you got all those pins. My whole family went crazy with the pin trading a couple trips ago. Me and DF get one for each other on every trip but I don't trade or anything. It gets crazy and heavy carrying those lanyards around.

Thank you!! I know what you mean about the lanyards, some of the pins we got were HUGE! We just wanted to give everyone a little something, and we can't really afford to do something huge and elaborate...although I wish we could. :confused3 What are ya gunna do?

Hey gals, I was cleaning out my computer and found a whole punch of pics I saved when I first started brainstorming about wedding ideas -- I figured I'd post them in case any of you find yourself in that stage and need some inspiration.

CAKES:
1179605700_5951484ea8.jpg
1307565326_58c013922a.jpg
501768836_bbac9efed1.jpg
535437126_f8c274eda2.jpg
666279755_47b85edfe2.jpg

----------
DRESSES:
aletta03.jpg
dragonfly0-0.jpg
dress_09.jpg
leeanne04.jpg
moonspell03.jpg
sssk74.jpg
tiffany01.jpg
tiffany04.jpg

Holy cow, those books are amazing! Please tell me you didn't write every word! I can't get over how much work you put into them!

Oh wow nice job!!! :thumbsup2 Did you seriously write those books word for word?! I can't imagine...

Holy cow, those books are amazing! Please tell me you didn't write every word! I can't get over how much work you put into them!

Those books :faint:

:worship: Amazing!

Oh wow nice job!!! :thumbsup2 Did you seriously write those books word for word?! I can't imagine...

Thanks!! For the most part I copy/pasted a lot from different internet sources (disney.com, allears.net, mousesavers.com, hiddenmickey.com, doombuggies.com, and the list goes on)...I also had 4 book form references, Idiot's Guide to WDW, The complete WDW by Julie and Mike Neal and 2 imagineering field guides. Trust me, it took forever! (and this is only book 1!!) Book 2 has tips, tricks, and trivia - this one was more of a planning guide. The best part is, when I'm not busy at work (I get jobs handed to me from editors), I'm allowed to read a book or work on my own stuff (or surf the dis, lol) SO one week a couple weeks ago I had 32.50 hours of "overhead" (read: free time)... so, it took at least 32 hours! (but hey, the best part -- I got PAID to do it!! :rotfl2:) AND since it takes the format of our publications, it almost looked like I was doing real work! :rotfl: But yeah, it took forever -- if anyone wants a copy as a template, please let me know - it's got a lot of great info in it! To update the table of contents after you change it, just press F9. :bitelip: I'm really proud of it and I'm glad YOU GIRLS notice how much work went into it (DF does too) everyones like "wow this is great." But not, "wow, I can't believe you went through all this trouble just to help me plan" ... :confused3 It's ok though, I don't mind thankless jobs as long as they help people! Got to figure out how much it's going to cost to mail all of them though. :eek: yikes.

Oh yeah -- while I had the camera out, I took some pics of my e-ring and pics of the heritage ring that I was gifted for Christmas from my awesome aunt (cohost of my shower)... it's going to be my "something blue" because it's sapphire and pink gold. I love it. It was my great great grandmothers e-ring, and I actually wore it as mine for a couple months while my ring was at the jeweler. I'll post them as soon as I get back from our wedding errand day... ordering invites, printing stds, delivering some booklets... :) Have a great day gals!

:lmao: :lmao: sorry about your save the dates. Are you going to redo them?? Your website is on there, so i think it's ok.

WOW that booklet is great!! I soooo need you to send me that template! Isn't it great to have a job with so much free time you basically get paid to plan your own wedding!! My job is like that too! It's amazing how much stuff you can get done, and how cheaply you can make stuff too!:lmao:

Love the boquets and rings! I really think the STDs will be fine. Thank goodness you have the website on them! That would have aggravated me too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter