AKV CL PTR/TR - taking practically first timers -TR starts on P. 17 (completed)

I am playing catch up- and actually, I am re-reading some of it, because I can't really remember where I left off-

Anyway, in case someone else hasn't told you, the double doors at the end of the hall are Grand Villas- we stayed in one all the way at the end this past November, it was spectacular! There are actually 3 doors into the GV- the 2 you took a pic of, and one to the right. It is the entire end of the hallway. We LOVED it.

I love all your AKV pics- such a beautiful resort- can't wait to go again in May. :goodvibes

I knew about your gorgeous dog but didn't know his name. He's so beautiful! I know I talked about your dog a long time ago and had told you that we've always wanted one, but not sure if they do okay in the heat :confused3 otherwise we would already have one.

If you're up for a little bit of company, please let me know and I can perhaps meet up with you at DL? Just let me know. You're probably going to meet up with Alison too. She's fun!

Gotta admit, i'm really jealous of your relaxing pool days. It seems that there is never time for us to do pool time. I think you're able to do pool days more because you go way more often then us. At the rate we're going, we're only getting to WDW every 2 years, and we'd rather be touring the parks. One day, i'm just going to add an extra day onto our trip and make it strictly for the pool. :thumbsup2

:lmao: Poor M! Hope she didn't get too nervous on Maelstrom!

That trip will be 5/31-6/3, not sure how that corresponds with Gay Days.

I think I'm ok with the cruise. I was really excited about the itinerary but it was a little pricey, $1650 for 5 days and the January one I'm thinking of moving it to is $1027 for 5 days so that's a big savings.

So Alison, my official DL dates will be 9/3-9/9.

Thanks for listening :)

Gay Days is May 28th - June 3rd, not that it's a big thing, but everyone focuses on a specific park on a certain day. If you want to avoid crowds, better to go to one of the other parks that day.

Is that for one person or two? That fare does seem really pricey for October. The January one is more in line with what we are getting for our six day cruise per person.

I just checked studio availability and so far, there are still studios available. You might consider "walking" your vacation just in case. I plan on being around then. I will have been out to hopefully meet Ellen the week before. Sounds like a fun DL month! The Expo is less than a month before you come out too!

Ugh, so sorry about all the disappointment. :sad2:

Okay, I don't think i've heard of Conner? BF?

I cracked up when I read this! :lmao:

No BF right now. Conner's my lovey dog :)

d2abe980.jpg

My DL trip I'll be solo and so looking forward to it. There's something so nice about having no one to please but yourself :rotfl: hopefully we can get together while I'm out there. :)

No cruises for this year after March but I'm 95% decided to do a B2B next January for 10 days.

And what a cutie he is!

I knew about your gorgeous dog but didn't know his name. He's so beautiful! I know I talked about your dog a long time ago and had told you that we've always wanted one, but not sure if they do okay in the heat :confused3 otherwise we would already have one.

If you're up for a little bit of company, please let me know and I can perhaps meet up with you at DL? Just let me know. You're probably going to meet up with Alison too. She's fun!

:hug: at the bold!

We should all get together! Maybe you can sneak down for a couple days for a little all girls break! :)

Thank you. I thought there would be no problem since I put my requests in so early. I'm back in planning mode.

The sad thing about DL is that I'll be missing the Halloween party. Hopefully all the decorations will be up though.

Jambo House is my favorite so another trip there will be lovely. I was just really looking forward to BCV. That's back on the list.

I think the official Halloween season may start just after you leave. If I remember correctly it started September 14th in 2011 and September 12th in 2012. Still, they start putting up decorations before that.

This sounded like another really nice day and a very relaxing day at that.

Corinna

Looks like you all had fun...

And you got some rest that you needed,

It was a fun day. It really seemed that we had a turning point halfway through. And it was really nice to sleep in, that's one of my favorite things about vacation and it does not usually happen on trips with mom.

I am playing catch up- and actually, I am re-reading some of it, because I can't really remember where I left off-

Anyway, in case someone else hasn't told you, the double doors at the end of the hall are Grand Villas- we stayed in one all the way at the end this past November, it was spectacular! There are actually 3 doors into the GV- the 2 you took a pic of, and one to the right. It is the entire end of the hallway. We LOVED it.

I love all your AKV pics- such a beautiful resort- can't wait to go again in May. :goodvibes

This TR has been so spaced out I probably should reread it :laughing:

Thanks for the info. I was confused since I kept seeing them in what seemed like random places. I guess I need to look at the resorts floor plan to see where they all are. I'm sure it was gorgeous.

I can't wait to get back either, Jambo House has quickly become my happy place :) are you staying in a GV again?

You know the Karmel place is a must for David every time we are in EPCOT. He gets the German Chocolate bar, and I get the the soft shortbread bar covered in carmel..... It is so wonderful...

He actually LOVES the heat. He will purposefully lay in the sun. He also has a pool so when he gets too hot he'll go in and splash himself. I actually saw one in Cozumel last year.

I would love that. I can't remember how far away you live from DL. Hopefully we can figure out something. Oh yes, I'm hoping Alison can meet too.

Gotta admit, i'm really jealous of your relaxing pool days. It seems that there is never time for us to do pool time. I think you're able to do pool days more because you go way more often then us. At the rate we're going, we're only getting to WDW every 2 years, and we'd rather be touring the parks. One day, i'm just going to add an extra day onto our trip and make it strictly for the pool. :thumbsup2

This was the very first trip since I was a kid that I've lounged by the pool at Disney. All my other trips were always go go go. Thanks to R & M we took the mornings slow and it was really nice. With DVC you know there's always another trip so no need to do it all. You should definitely plan in pool days :)

:lmao: Poor M! Hope she didn't get too nervous on Maelstrom!

They were so bad, she really was getting worried!

Gay Days is May 28th - June 3rd, not that it's a big thing, but everyone focuses on a specific park on a certain day. If you want to avoid crowds, better to go to one of the other parks that day.

Thanks for this, I'll have to keep this in mind. That trip I'm thinking will be waterparks and relaxing at the resort. I'm sure I won't be able to resist heading to HS for some rides at some point.

Is that for one person or two? That fare does seem really pricey for October. The January one is more in line with what we are getting for our six day cruise per person.

That is for two, both inside staterooms. Even one category up jumps the price considerably. So I could do two 5 day cruises back to back for $2050 in January which I'm leaning towards.

I just checked studio availability and so far, there are still studios available. You might consider "walking" your vacation just in case. I plan on being around then. I will have been out to hopefully meet Ellen the week before. Sounds like a fun DL month! The Expo is less than a month before you come out too!

I haven't heard that expression before. I'm pretty much locked in with those dates since that's what the boss approved. I have enough I can do a 1BR if I have to. This past year I kept checking on Septembers availability and it remained open well past the 7 month window. Hopefully it'll be ok. Just as I'm writing this I'm realizing that is in less than a month, I need to mark it in the calendar.

And what a cutie he is!

Thank you :goodvibes

:hug: at the bold!

We should all get together! Maybe you can sneak down for a couple days for a little all girls break! :)

That would be great fun!

I think the official Halloween season may start just after you leave. If I remember correctly it started September 14th in 2011 and September 12th in 2012. Still, they start putting up decorations before that.

This sounded like another really nice day and a very relaxing day at that.

Corinna

That's what I was thinking. If I had been going when I first thought it was going to start two days before I left.

Thanks, it was a really nice change of pace. The only negative was people getting tired at the end. It's not like we did much, but maybe the whole vacation was just wearing them out.

You know the Karmel place is a must for David every time we are in EPCOT. He gets the German Chocolate bar, and I get the the soft shortbread bar covered in carmel..... It is so wonderful...

Oh my goodness, shortbread covered in caramel! I didn't see those! In December I had a caramel and marshmallow roll which was absolutely divine. Come to think of it I can't say I saw a German chocolate bar either. So many goodies I missed some, must go back :)

Oh my goodness, shortbread covered in caramel! I didn't see those! In December I had a caramel and marshmallow roll which was absolutely divine. Come to think of it I can't say I saw a German chocolate bar either. So many goodies I missed some, must go back :)

Yes you must return... That is why we all have DVC.... :)

I haven't heard that expression before. I'm pretty much locked in with those dates since that's what the boss approved. I have enough I can do a 1BR if I have to. This past year I kept checking on Septembers availability and it remained open well past the 7 month window. Hopefully it'll be ok. Just as I'm writing this I'm realizing that is in less than a month, I need to mark it in the calendar.
That would be great fun!

Walking a reservation means that you start ahead of your actual desired check in date and each day you add another day to the end and shave a day off the beginning. It's not entirely ethical, but I've heard people talk about doing it for high demand times.

You'll love the places in CA. Since we don't have Werther's to have a monopoly on the caramel market, every candy store sells chocolate caramel goodies!

Walking a reservation means that you start ahead of your actual desired check in date and each day you add another day to the end and shave a day off the beginning. It's not entirely ethical, but I've heard people talk about doing it for high demand times.

Thanks for explaining. That sounds like a lot of work!

You'll love the places in CA. Since we don't have Werther's to have a monopoly on the caramel market, every candy store sells chocolate caramel goodies!

I'm ready popcorn::

Your dog is SO cool! Really pretty with those blue eyes.

That chewy caramel bar - YUM!

Those empanadas - YUM!

I love beet salads. Love them! I hope you moms was good. That pizza looked really good, too.

So your brother did not want to eat at WPE? Where did they eat?

This update was all about the food. :cool1: Oh - and cool underwater pictures from Epcot.

Your dog is SO cool! Really pretty with those blue eyes.

That chewy caramel bar - YUM!

Those empanadas - YUM!

I love beet salads. Love them! I hope you moms was good. That pizza looked really good, too.

So your brother did not want to eat at WPE? Where did they eat?

This update was all about the food. :cool1: Oh - and cool underwater pictures from Epcot.

Lots of delicious food. That pizza and salad were both winners. We did a repeat trip to WPE last month and got them again.

I must have worded that wrong. They just didn't want to eat at the restaurant so we all got take out.

Oh and those empanadas were fabulous, I'll definitely get them again.

I couldn't believe I left the big camera behind that day. There would have been tons more pictures.

Thanks for explaining. That sounds like a lot of work!

I'm ready popcorn::

Most people do it for peak times or resorts with limited availability. If you want I can reserve a room there and if yours isn't available for your days, you can waitlist and I'll cancel and see if you get the waitlist! :laughing: Without the F&W Festival I'm not planning a lot of CA stays because we don't have advance notice of events we want to attend. I just booked a Grand Villa for one night for our band weekend next year because I COULD! :rotfl: We may just do a party in the room instead of our normal celebration.

My favorites in the candy shop are the (now) Mickey and Minnie Marshmallow treats. I think I've showed them in my reports. They're like three or four marshmallows with caramel coating and then red sugar. Minnie has white M&M polka dots and Mickey has yellow jelly bean polka dots. Both are fantastic. I also like the smores bars which don't have caramel, but they are REALLY good!

Most people do it for peak times or resorts with limited availability. If you want I can reserve a room there and if yours isn't available for your days, you can waitlist and I'll cancel and see if you get the waitlist! :laughing: Without the F&W Festival I'm not planning a lot of CA stays because we don't have advance notice of events we want to attend. I just booked a Grand Villa for one night for our band weekend next year because I COULD! :rotfl: We may just do a party in the room instead of our normal celebration.

Very cool about the GV. I hope you take tons of photos!

Thank you for the offer. I don't want to hold up any of your points if you need them though. That would be great if its not too much trouble. You think I should be worried? I thought September is supposed to be low time.

My favorites in the candy shop are the (now) Mickey and Minnie Marshmallow treats. I think I've showed them in my reports. They're like three or four marshmallows with caramel coating and then red sugar. Minnie has white M&M polka dots and Mickey has yellow jelly bean polka dots. Both are fantastic. I also like the smores bars which don't have caramel, but they are REALLY good!

I think Ive seen them in your reports. I know I remember Tigger Tails. Or was that Alicia's? They looked delicious.

This TR has been so spaced out I probably should reread it :laughing:

Thanks for the info. I was confused since I kept seeing them in what seemed like random places. I guess I need to look at the resorts floor plan to see where they all are. I'm sure it was gorgeous.

I can't wait to get back either, Jambo House has quickly become my happy place :) are you staying in a GV again?

No- have to space those Gv trips out a bit- they are a LOT of points!!! :eek:

For DISmoms we are staying AKV CL in a 1 bdrm. I think this will be my 4th CL stay- really like it up there, and it is so close to everything, which is very nice. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter