AKV CL PTR/TR - taking practically first timers -TR starts on P. 17 (completed)

It must have been an off day because everyone raves about it.

That salad is so good. We both love beets. I pick them in the summer at a 'pick your own' farm. They have a beet salad at Jiko which is fabulous as well.

Oh no, there's a few other favors. Orange, cherry, and melon I'm pretty sure. I think the sweet milk is just condensed milk but boy is it good. It's a little stand to the left of the temple in Japan. Never would have even noticed it except someone on here had one in their TR.

Ponyo is a must watch, it's wonderful. A twist on the little mermaid story.

A ballon?!!! What in the world? I'm super surprised that a cast memeber didn't take it away. I think I read somewhere that if you bring one back, the CMs will keep it at the desk area...or something like that.

Glad to read that there was no drama with your family;) And getting FPs for Soarin in mid afternoon is unbelievable!! Love that ride!!!!

Well everyone, my little traveling heart is broken. My boss is going through this years vacation requests and denied my June dates. That was my BCV trip. :worried: someone else requested those dates first and it's first come first serve.

I didn't remember doing it but I had put a second request for the weekend before which she approved. Of course I didn't book anything for those dates so I'm now in a quandary. I've already canceled the BCV which made me very sad. I'm trying to decide if I should just stay home with Conner or try to go down. This trip was booked with banked points so I have to use them or lose them. Everything is available except BCV and BWV. 1BRs are available but I'd have to borrow some points which I'm not crazy about. VWL are exactly the points I have but is so far from the waterparks I think it would be inconvenient. Or I could break it up into two weekends, taking one in late July. The problem with that is that they would be super short trips. One four days and one three days. I need some input. I keep going to the website and almost booking something but then don't.

One good thing is that she approved my whole March trip which is now 12 days since I added one to the beginning. Instead of flights for $307 I found some with AirTran for $115. I already booked VWL for that night.

Sorry to hear that you are having vaca woes!:hug: Hopefully everything will work out in the end.

Sorry to hear that you are having vaca woes!:hug: Hopefully everything will work out in the end.

Thank you :goodvibes

I feel a little like a spoiled brat complaining since I have so many things in the works but I'm still disappointed. Getting closer to a solution but not quite there yet.

I am sad to read your troubles with the vacation...

I have been trying to get David to do some small trips, so we can relax, and just hang out. I think a 4 or 3 would be great for that, I would not try to do all the parks for a three day, but would do CL and be lazy and visit resort and do a spa day. So I guess it is up to y ou and what y ou want out of your time there.

I would at least try and waitlist for the resorts that you want. If you don't need to book the airfare right away you never know what might come up for that week in June.

I don't remember your exact dates or the ones that got approved, but if it's during Gay Days, you could probably have a lot variance with availability (no offense guys if you're out there, but you know how changy spur of the moment you can be! :rotfl: said with love :flower3)

You can always make the decision later and stay home with Conner, but it doesn't cost to make reservations as long as you cancel 30 days in advance. Heck I just booked a Grand Villa for one night for our band weekend at DL in November!

I am sorry that your leave for June was not approved, but I am glad that everything else was approved and that you got a bargain on your flights.

Corinan

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. As of now I've shortened it to a 4 day vacation instead of the six I have off and booked a standard 1BR at Jambo House which happened to be the exact points I had to use. This way I'll have a day on each end to spend with Conner and still use up the points. After some thinking I didn't want to split it into two trips because who knows if those dates would be approved. That trip will be 5/31-6/3, not sure how that corresponds with Gay Days.

Today I got the second half of the years requests and I'm going to have to cancel the October cruise and my September trip to DL will now be the first week instead of the second. I thought I was safe putting in all my requests last August 16... Thankfully DVC is so flexible with bookings, and I can still change things if I want to.

I think I'm ok with the cruise. I was really excited about the itinerary but it was a little pricey, $1650 for 5 days and the January one I'm thinking of moving it to is $1027 for 5 days so that's a big savings.

So Alison, my official DL dates will be 9/3-9/9.

Thanks for listening :)

Well everyone, my little traveling heart is broken. My boss is going through this years vacation requests and denied my June dates. That was my BCV trip. :worried: someone else requested those dates first and it's first come first serve.

I didn't remember doing it but I had put a second request for the weekend before which she approved. Of course I didn't book anything for those dates so I'm now in a quandary. I've already canceled the BCV which made me very sad. I'm trying to decide if I should just stay home with Conner or try to go down. This trip was booked with banked points so I have to use them or lose them. Everything is available except BCV and BWV. 1BRs are available but I'd have to borrow some points which I'm not crazy about. VWL are exactly the points I have but is so far from the waterparks I think it would be inconvenient. Or I could break it up into two weekends, taking one in late July. The problem with that is that they would be super short trips. One four days and one three days. I need some input. I keep going to the website and almost booking something but then don't.

One good thing is that she approved my whole March trip which is now 12 days since I added one to the beginning. Instead of flights for $307 I found some with AirTran for $115. I already booked VWL for that night.

Oh course now when I go look VWL is no longer available for the full time.

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. As of now I've shortened it to a 4 day vacation instead of the six I have off and booked a standard 1BR at Jambo House which happened to be the exact points I had to use. This way I'll have a day on each end to spend with Conner and still use up the points. After some thinking I didn't want to split it into two trips because who knows if those dates would be approved. That trip will be 5/31-6/3, not sure how that corresponds with Gay Days.

Today I got the second half of the years requests and I'm going to have to cancel the October cruise and my September trip to DL will now be the first week instead of the second. I thought I was safe putting in all my requests last August 16... Thankfully DVC is so flexible with bookings, and I can still change things if I want to.

I think I'm ok with the cruise. I was really excited about the itinerary but it was a little pricey, $1650 for 5 days and the January one I'm thinking of moving it to is $1027 for 5 days so that's a big savings.

So Alison, my official DL dates will be 9/3-9/9.

Thanks for listening :)

Ugh, so sorry about all the disappointment. :sad2:

Okay, I don't think i've heard of Conner? BF?

So will you not be doing any cruises later this year? But yay for Disneyland! :cool1: Will you be doing DLR solo or with your mom?

I am sorry that you have so much trouble getting your vacation time confirmed at the moment. I am glad that you get to go to AKL and that Disneyland is still on.

Corinna

Pam - I am glad you got all your vacations worked out. I know that now that is complete the anticipation of those trips will outweigh the disappointment of the ones that could have been. :hug:

Ugh, so sorry about all the disappointment. :sad2:

Okay, I don't think i've heard of Conner? BF?

So will you not be doing any cruises later this year? But yay for Disneyland! :cool1: Will you be doing DLR solo or with your mom?

No BF right now. Conner's my lovey dog :)

d2abe980.jpg

My DL trip I'll be solo and so looking forward to it. There's something so nice about having no one to please but yourself :rotfl: hopefully we can get together while I'm out there. :)

No cruises for this year after March but I'm 95% decided to do a B2B next January for 10 days.

I am sorry that you have so much trouble getting your vacation time confirmed at the moment. I am glad that you get to go to AKL and that Disneyland is still on.

Corinna

Thank you. I thought there would be no problem since I put my requests in so early. I'm back in planning mode.

The sad thing about DL is that I'll be missing the Halloween party. Hopefully all the decorations will be up though.

Jambo House is my favorite so another trip there will be lovely. I was just really looking forward to BCV. That's back on the list.

Pam - I am glad you got all your vacations worked out. I know that now that is complete the anticipation of those trips will outweigh the disappointment of the ones that could have been. :hug:

You are so right. Now that I've done all the rejuggling I'm looking forward to what is ahead.

Continuing with Day 5 at Epcot

I left off with me relaxing on a bench in Germany waiting for everyone to catch up. R & M were still back in Italy looking at the masks in one of the shops and mom was looking at the miniature train. Right when mom found me it started raining hard again so we found refuge in Karamel Kuche.

She got one of these which is one of her repeat purchases at WDW she loves them so much.

WDWSeptember2012223-1.jpg

And I got one of these which I won’t get again because it had pecans or walnuts in it that I don’t care for.

WDWSeptember2012222.jpg

R & M found us and M got a giant chocolate covered rice crispy bar which she loved.

It was around 8:00 at this point and we started to head out of the park. Our plan was to stay for extra magic hours but we just weren’t up for it. We did stop in China to look at the Emperor’s Tomb display which is always fascinating. Then we stopped in Norway and explored the little church. I had no idea you could go inside but there is a little exhibit in there. We had a leisurely stroll out of the park and were back to the resort by 9:30.

We stopped for some movies again and then up to the CL to grab some desserts. These were the only two new ones that night. They still had the cookies, brownies, and rice crispy treats.

This was just ok for me but mom loved it.

WDWSeptember2012227.jpg

WDWSeptember2012224.jpg

And this one didn’t have that much flavor.

WDWSeptember2012226.jpg

WDWSeptember2012225.jpg

After picking up desserts I went down to the Mara to get us another flatbread and fries. I was getting tired of the place by that point but it was always delicious. We didn’t make it through the movie, National Treasure 2, and I did not get caught up in the journal that night.

It was a very nice relaxing day. No drama and I was surprised how much R & M enjoyed Epcot. They wanted to see the countries we missed so the plan was to go back the next day.

Day 6 - Return to Epcot

This morning was a little different than previous ones. Mom woke up before me and went down to the pool alone and let me sleep in. That was very nice. I got up around 10 and quickly went out to the CL to grab some breakfast before they closed up. I used the cooler again and took everything down to the pool and found mom where she was reading and enjoying the sun. I have to admit all the pool time was just heavenly. It was a scorcher so when I finished catching up in my journal I went in the pool. Ahhhh, how fabulous that was! It was a bit breezy so I didn’t stay in the water long and then enjoyed the sun for a while. At some point I went up to the CL to get us some drinks. That was so nice instead of having to buy some all the time. R found us around 2:30 and M joined us a little later. We relaxed a little longer and headed off to Epcot around 3:30.

When we got to Epcot we went straight to the Nemo ride which they thought was cute. We really wanted to see the aquariums so stayed and enjoyed those for a while. I had never seen the manatees so active; they had just been fed and were zealously eating their lettuce.

WDWSeptember2012228.jpg

We tore ourselves away from the manatees and went to the little exhibits around the corner.

WDWSeptember2012230.jpg

WDWSeptember2012231.jpg

WDWSeptember2012237.jpg

I managed to leave the big camera behind today so only had the phone, sorry for the lack of pictures today.

Not that many people at all which was fabulous.

WDWSeptember2012238.jpg

R had to stop for a pretzel, he was starving… Of course he did not take advantage of the FREE snacks in the CL before we left.

Then we headed to

WDWSeptember2012241.jpg

WDWSeptember2012243.jpg

We had a bit of a wait before the next show but it was nice to be in the air conditioning. I absolutely love this attraction and always fight back the tears when people start clapping for Michael. Everyone else also enjoyed it.

Figment is right next door and was a walk on so we couldn’t resist. We all enjoyed that a well. Then off to Mexico to finish our tour around the World Showcase.

We stopped at La Cantina de San Angel for some food where mom and I shared some absolutely delicious cheese empanadas.

WDWSeptember2012244.jpg

But it seemed that R & M needed a bit more sustenance.

WDWSeptember2012247.jpg

WDWSeptember2012245.jpg

After eating we headed inside the Mexico Pavilion and explored a bit. We went on the 3 Caballeros ride which was pretty cute and then M wanted to do a little shopping. After she found something for her sister we headed over to Norway to ride Maelstrom. This was at the top of R’s list for the trip so we had to do it. He loved it as much as he remembered which was cute. M had never been on it so R and mom were giving her a hard time about huge drops as high as Splash Mountain. They couldn’t help themselves.

We explored the gift shop for a little bit and then decided that we had done everything we wanted to in Epcot so headed out.

WDWSeptember2012249.jpg

I had wanted to go to DTD for a few nights but kept being thwarted by sleepy heads. Tonight they finally agreed to go with me so we grabbed a SSR bus which happened to be waiting when we got to the bus stop. I think there was only one other family on the bus who also needed to go to the Springs so we bypassed all the other stops at SSR and went straight to the boat when we got there. We had to wait about twenty minutes for a boat but it was a very nice evening. Problem was people were starting to get sleepy and a little grouchy.

There were tons of people at DTD and we suddenly realized it was Saturday night. We didn’t stop in any of the shops because mom was complaining she was tired. I had wanted to try WPE or EoS so we decided to do WPE that night. We got our food to go because R & M were also getting quite tired and didn’t want to eat there. We got back to the resort at 11:20 which meant quite a late dinner.

Mom had gotten a beet salad which she said was marvelous

WDWSeptember2012850.jpg

I got the macaroni and cheese which was just ok. I had to heat it up so it probably was better when fresh.

WDWSeptember2012851.jpg

We shared the 4 cheese pizza which was fabulous

WDWSeptember2012250.jpg

And mom also got a crème brulee which she enjoyed but stated that the one in France was much better.

WDWSeptember2012853.jpg

I had brought the Hunger Games which we watched while eating. I fell asleep around 1:00 and even though mom was tired earlier she managed to stay up and finished the movie.

Day 6 - Return to Epcot

This morning was a little different than previous ones. Mom woke up before me and went down to the pool alone and let me sleep in. That was very nice. I got up around 10 and quickly went out to the CL to grab some breakfast before they closed up. I used the cooler again and took everything down to the pool and found mom where she was reading and enjoying the sun. I have to admit all the pool time was just heavenly. It was a scorcher so when I finished catching up in my journal I went in the pool. Ahhhh, how fabulous that was! It was a bit breezy so I didn’t stay in the water long and then enjoyed the sun for a while. At some point I went up to the CL to get us some drinks. That was so nice instead of having to buy some all the time. R found us around 2:30 and M joined us a little later. We relaxed a little longer and headed off to Epcot around 3:30.

When we got to Epcot we went straight to the Nemo ride which they thought was cute. We really wanted to see the aquariums so stayed and enjoyed those for a while. I had never seen the manatees so active; they had just been fed and were zealously eating their lettuce.

WDWSeptember2012228.jpg

We tore ourselves away from the manatees and went to the little exhibits around the corner.

WDWSeptember2012230.jpg

WDWSeptember2012231.jpg

WDWSeptember2012237.jpg

I managed to leave the big camera behind today so only had the phone, sorry for the lack of pictures today.

Not that many people at all which was fabulous.

WDWSeptember2012238.jpg

R had to stop for a pretzel, he was starving… Of course he did not take advantage of the FREE snacks in the CL before we left.

Then we headed to

WDWSeptember2012241.jpg

WDWSeptember2012243.jpg

We had a bit of a wait before the next show but it was nice to be in the air conditioning. I absolutely love this attraction and always fight back the tears when people start clapping for Michael. Everyone else also enjoyed it.

Figment is right next door and was a walk on so we couldn’t resist. We all enjoyed that a well. Then off to Mexico to finish our tour around the World Showcase.

We stopped at La Cantina de San Angel for some food where mom and I shared some absolutely delicious cheese empanadas.

WDWSeptember2012244.jpg

But it seemed that R & M needed a bit more sustenance.

WDWSeptember2012247.jpg

WDWSeptember2012245.jpg

After eating we headed inside the Mexico Pavilion and explored a bit. We went on the 3 Caballeros ride which was pretty cute and then M wanted to do a little shopping. After she found something for her sister we headed over to Norway to ride Maelstrom. This was at the top of R’s list for the trip so we had to do it. He loved it as much as he remembered which was cute. M had never been on it so R and mom were giving her a hard time about huge drops as high as Splash Mountain. They couldn’t help themselves.

We explored the gift shop for a little bit and then decided that we had done everything we wanted to in Epcot so headed out.

WDWSeptember2012249.jpg

I had wanted to go to DTD for a few nights but kept being thwarted by sleepy heads. Tonight they finally agreed to go with me so we grabbed a SSR bus which happened to be waiting when we got to the bus stop. I think there was only one other family on the bus who also needed to go to the Springs so we bypassed all the other stops at SSR and went straight to the boat when we got there. We had to wait about twenty minutes for a boat but it was a very nice evening. Problem was people were starting to get sleepy and a little grouchy.

There were tons of people at DTD and we suddenly realized it was Saturday night. We didn’t stop in any of the shops because mom was complaining she was tired. I had wanted to try WPE or EoS so we decided to do WPE that night. We got our food to go because R & M were also getting quite tired and didn’t want to eat there. We got back to the resort at 11:20 which meant quite a late dinner.

Mom had gotten a beet salad which she said was marvelous

WDWSeptember2012850.jpg

I got the macaroni and cheese which was just ok. I had to heat it up so it probably was better when fresh.

WDWSeptember2012851.jpg

We shared the 4 cheese pizza which was fabulous

WDWSeptember2012250.jpg

And mom also got a crème brulee which she enjoyed but stated that the one in France was much better.

WDWSeptember2012853.jpg

I had brought the Hunger Games which we watched while eating. I fell asleep around 1:00 and even though mom was tired earlier she managed to stay up and finished the movie.

Looks like you all had fun...

And you got some rest that you needed,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter