AKV CL PTR/TR - taking practically first timers -TR starts on P. 17 (completed)

No- have to space those Gv trips out a bit- they are a LOT of points!!! :eek:

For DISmoms we are staying AKV CL in a 1 bdrm. I think this will be my 4th CL stay- really like it up there, and it is so close to everything, which is very nice. :thumbsup2

Oh I love CL! I'll be back in March for the third time. Taking the elevator straight down to the pool was so nice. And then back up if we needed any drinks was so convenient. I missed the savannah view but maybe I'll get lucky this time.

Any thoughts when a trip will be possible?

My work travel is so up in the air right now due to sequestration, stuff that I have no idea how anything will be this year...

We have the two cruises, but Disney might not happen this year... :(

My work travel is so up in the air right now due to sequestration, stuff that I have no idea how anything will be this year...

We have the two cruises, but Disney might not happen this year... :(

I'm sorry to hear that :hug:

I hope the cruises will be magnificent!

I'm sorry to hear that :hug:

I hope the cruises will be magnificent!

The Feb is just to get out of the cold here, and be somewhere warm. We meet up with friends that we have cruised with many times and we relax, been to all the ports before.

The TA will be a first for us. We have been to Barcelona before but not to all the different places that we go to on this one. I hope to start a TR soon...

The Feb is just to get out of the cold here, and be somewhere warm. We meet up with friends that we have cruised with many times and we relax, been to all the ports before.

The TA will be a first for us. We have been to Barcelona before but not to all the different places that we go to on this one. I hope to start a TR soon...

Sorry I missed this.

Are David's relatives still going with you? That'll be really nice to get away from the cold, it's starting to get bad!

I'll definitely follow along if you start a TR, love hearing about your adventures :) where will you be stopping that's new?

Sorry for the slowness again. I'm going to try and finish up the last two days of the trip this weekend since the cruise is in less than a week :cool1: thanks for your patience everybody :)

Sorry for the slowness again. I'm going to try and finish up the last two days of the trip this weekend since the cruise is in less than a week :cool1: thanks for your patience everybody :)

Take your time! Loving all your details!

:woohoo:for less than a week!

Sorry I missed this.

Are David's relatives still going with you? That'll be really nice to get away from the cold, it's starting to get bad!

I'll definitely follow along if you start a TR, love hearing about your adventures :) where will you be stopping that's new?

It is just David and I and some friends we met a couple of years ago. We met them on the cruise and this will be our third cruise together.

I will start on it today hopefully!

Hi there!:wave2: Just looking at some of your yummy food pics!! I don't remember having the fruit tarts at CL when we were there....not fair! :laughing: Of course the pic of your creme brule is my favorite!

I just realized that we are going to be traveling at the same time...you're leaving in 5 days for your cruise, and we'll be at WDW for our mini trip! :dance3: Aren't you excited??

So, are you going to do an extension to this TR with your cruise stuff??

Heather

It is just David and I and some friends we met a couple of years ago. We met them on the cruise and this will be our third cruise together.

I will start on it today hopefully!

Oh that'll be really nice. How fun you found such good friends on vacation. :)

Hi there!:wave2: Just looking at some of your yummy food pics!! I don't remember having the fruit tarts at CL when we were there....not fair! :laughing: Of course the pic of your creme brule is my favorite!

I just realized that we are going to be traveling at the same time...you're leaving in 5 days for your cruise, and we'll be at WDW for our mini trip! :dance3: Aren't you excited??

So, are you going to do an extension to this TR with your cruise stuff??

Heather

Hi :)

All the more reason to go back! I wasn't too crazy about the tart, it was on the bland side. I think mom really liked it though. Oh yeah, the creme brûlée was hers. She's like you, loves creme brûlée. Always has to try it wherever she goes. The one from France is on the top of her list right now.

I had no idea you were leaving so soon! You're going to love the new Fantasyland. Make sure you don't miss Tales with Belle. I didn't go and people say its really cool. I have three more work days so not really excited yet. It's a good thing though, I get so excited about trips I feel like one day I'll give myself a heart attack. I just love going on adventures!

I had really wanted to post all my pictures from OKW, but I'm not letting myself do anything until this one is finished. Im sure I'll take oodles of pictures so would be happy to share if anyone is interested :)

Oh that'll be really nice. How fun you found such good friends on vacation. :)

When you meet people who enjoy doing the same things you do, it is lots of fun. We call them MOM and DAD, I am the age of their children. So it is kinda fun.

Hi :)

All the more reason to go back! I wasn't too crazy about the tart, it was on the bland side. I think mom really liked it though. Oh yeah, the creme brûlée was hers. She's like you, loves creme brûlée. Always has to try it wherever she goes. The one from France is on the top of her list right now.

I had no idea you were leaving so soon! You're going to love the new Fantasyland. Make sure you don't miss Tales with Belle. I didn't go and people say its really cool. I have three more work days so not really excited yet. It's a good thing though, I get so excited about trips I feel like one day I'll give myself a heart attack. I just love going on adventures!

I had really wanted to post all my pictures from OKW, but I'm not letting myself do anything until this one is finished. Im sure I'll take oodles of pictures so would be happy to share if anyone is interested :)

Share Share and Share

Day 7

Today was planned to be our second day at MK since they had Magic Hours, but since we had done everything we wanted to at MK earlier this was a do whatever we wanted to day. I had made two reservations at Boma and this happened to be the day of the second reservation. I was thinking wed probably cancel it but I kept it just in case. It was a good idea because everyone loved it so much they were quite happy to go back. Our ADR was for 10:00 and the plan was to all meet down at the restaurant. Mom had woken up before me and was sitting out in the lounge enjoying some coffee and watching the Sound of Music. I eventually stopped hitting the snooze and got up around 9:40. I need to remind you guys of the huge bug M had found in their room earlier in the trip. She thought it was a cockroach and they eventually found it later that day and killed it. Of course that freaked me out and had me on bug alert the whole week. Well today was my day for a scare. A huge and I mean HUGE bug crawled out of the dirty clothes pile and scurried along the wall. All I could think to do was capture it under a glass. It was so monstrous I didnt dare squash it lest it mess up my shoe and the carpet. At that point it was 9:55 and I needed to get down to breakfast so I left it under the glass intending to show it to mom later.

Down to Boma where I found everybody already there, they were ready to eat! I only took pictures my meal; I think people had started digging in before I thought to take pictures. Well needless to say everyone had numerous plates of food and they all even had a second omelet. They must have been really hungry is all I can say, I cant imagine eating two omelets.

WDWSeptember2012253.jpg

This looks like a lot more butter than it actually was&

WDWSeptember2012254.jpg

Breakfast was as delicious as the last time and we will definitely be back in the future. R & M tried to treat us to breakfast but I wouldnt hear of it. They did pay for themselves though which was fine.

We headed out to the pool to check out the weather and it was pouring rain. Good thing we werent set on going to a park that day. We decided to go rent some movies where R & M picked up National Treasure 2 and I got Dumbo. It had been many years since Id seen it and couldnt pass up the free rental opportunity. We headed up to our perspective rooms and I was fully prepared to take care of the bug, but it was gone! Our room had been cleaned so I guessed that the CM had taken care of it but I had to make sure that was the case and that the glass just hadnt been tipped over. So I went on a hunt for Elsy, our CM, who happened to be next door cleaning. She said she had been vacuuming and saw the glass on the floor and freaked out when she saw what was in it. She vacuumed it up, whew! I had to make sure it wasnt crawling around somewhere. She took care of us all week, she was wonderful.

Bug problem solved mom took a load of clothes down to the laundry and I jumped in the shower. We were happy to stay put as long as it was raining. We watched the Sound of Music for a little bit on the TV, they must have been playing it back to back all day and since mom hadnt seen the end of it earlier she was happy to watch it again. At some point she went back to put the clothes in the drier while I caught up on the DIS. When I was all caught up and she hadnt returned I went in search of her. She had the laundry room to herself and was watching the Sound of Music down there. Too funny.

Around 2:00 the rain had fizzled out and we decided to head to AK. R & M stayed back at the resort and watched National Treasure 2. I think they planned to catch up with us but that never happened. We ended up meeting up at DTD later in the evening. By this point in the trip I had stopped carrying the big camera. Since it was brand new I didnt have a case for it and was carrying it around in a sleeve inside the back pack. Every time I wanted to use it I had to stop and open the back pack and get it out of the sleeve which turned out to be annoying enough to discourage me from using it. The top priority when getting home was to buy a good case for it.

At AK we headed for the Safari but of course got distracted along the way. We found the kangaroos for the first time. I only found out there were kangaroos at AK from someones TR from here. I love that there is always something new to explore.

WDWSeptember2012256.jpg

WDWSeptember2012257.jpg

WDWSeptember2012259.jpg

This was a huge vulture nest.

WDWSeptember2012258.jpg

Because of the rain there was hardly anybody at the park, it was wonderful. The Safari was a walk on. Some giraffes were taking over the road and they were there so long they actually got a feeding truck to come and distract them.

WDWSeptember2012260.jpg

WDWSeptember2012261.jpg

WDWSeptember2012262.jpg

The phone is definitely not the best for the Safari. I kept kicking myself for leaving the camera behind.

After the Safari we headed to the Pangani Forest Trail where we had a wonderful leisurely stroll.

This big guy was so cute playing with his foot. I could have watched much longer but he had attracted quite the crowd and others wanted a good view.

WDWSeptember2012263.jpg

WDWSeptember2012264.jpg

WDWSeptember2012265.jpg

Lily was out being quite playful but the phone couldnt catch a good photo.

After that we headed towards the Maharaja Jungle Trek all the while hunting for some popcorn for me and a Mickey bar for mom. When we got to Asia and still had not found any treats I asked mom if shed like to join me at the Yak & Yeti for some fried green beans. Mary Ellen had raved about them on her TR and I was intrigued. We were seated right away which was very nice. Our waitress didnt seem too thrilled that all we wanted was appetizers and desserts but we were not to be deterred.

The fried green beans were indeed delicious. We werent too crazy about the chili sauce that came with them and mom thought that tamarind sauce would complement them nicely. They actually had some and it did taste very delicious. I highly recommend requesting some tamarind sauce to accompany your fried green beans if you ever get them.

WDWSeptember2012266.jpg

We also got the Cream Cheese Wontons which were a dessert. They were magnificent! Covered in sweetened condensed milk with a side of vanilla ice cream.

WDWSeptember2012267.jpg

Mom also wanted to try the Mango Pie which we both thought needed to be a little tarter. It was good but we probably wont get it again. I much prefer key lime pie.

WDWSeptember2012268.jpg

I was a bit disappointed they didnt take the TiW card which I didn't know ahead of time. Our quick repast cost me a bit more than I expected but it was worth it. The waitress invited us to explore the restaurant after we finished so we did. It was quite impressive.

WDWSeptember2012269.jpg

WDWSeptember2012280.jpg

WDWSeptember2012271.jpg

The story behind the restaurant is that there is a hotel upstairs which they didnt fail to include. I love the Disney details!

WDWSeptember2012272.jpg

WDWSeptember2012273.jpg

WDWSeptember2012274.jpg

WDWSeptember2012275.jpg

WDWSeptember2012276.jpg

WDWSeptember2012277.jpg

WDWSeptember2012278.jpg

to be continued...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter