Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question about the main pool at Jambo...so, in some photos the pool looks very blue and clear like most swimming pools; however, in other photos it looks more greenish and murky...more like a natural pond. Which is it for real? Just curious.

Quick question about the main pool at Jambo...so, in some photos the pool looks very blue and clear like most swimming pools; however, in other photos it looks more greenish and murky...more like a natural pond. Which is it for real? Just curious.
My recollection is that when AKL opened the Uzima pool plaster was made to look more of a 'natural' color. At some point several years down the road it was redone to the color you see now (which usually looks more blue - depending on the color of the sky.) So pix with the 'pond' color are undoubtedly from the era before the redo. There was quite a bit of discussion about it at the time, seems to me the consensus here on Dis was that the new color was better for safety enabling the lifeguards to spot people in trouble in the pool compared to the darker/murkier color it used to be. If you look at the foliage around the pool in those early pix, it is not as lush as it is now as it has grown in in the intervening years.

1) Yes all the villas have a Balcony, and you could end up on any of the pods on the right side facing the front.

2)It depends. On the different floors you can see through the windows( Between the pods ) but I don't believe there are benches.
But down on the 2nd floor near the Community Hall/Arcade there is an Observation deck, which I believe has chairs n benches n stuff. Also on the lower level near Sanaa. Drink station is in the Johari Treasures ( just off the lobby)

3) Yes! The Mara is in Jambo. Although there are some packaged goods in Johari Treasures at Kidani that has a few items. It's roughly about an 8 minute walk or so. You can just hop on any bus heading to any park, because it has to stop at Jambo b4 heading to the parks. When returning from Jambo hop only on the DTD bus, for it has to stop at Kidani b4 heading to DTD.

Thank you so much! Very informative.

Does anyone know if the gift shop sells Vanilla Almond Milk? I am trying to decide if I should place an order with GG or not. We just do not need $40 worth of groceries (its just DS and I). On previous trips, we've had to give stuff away.

YES! Many of the savanna view rooms face Sunset savanna which typically has a small herd of zebras. Pembe savanna is the other savanna view at Kidani and didn't used to have zebras, although last January they were using part of it for a couple of zebras in the breeding program, don't know if they are still there, tho'. Ask for Sunset savanna view.
I know I'm late but I just wanted to say thank you!! I was panicking, thinking trying to switch from Kidani to Jambo for maximum zebra viewing but now I don't think we'll need to!

I suppose we can officially be added to the guest list now. My (then-will-be, eeek!) DH and I will be at Kidani from Nov 5-9 and then Jambo from Nov 9-11.

....originally it was green, although never murky [it probably just appears that way in photos] but they changed it a few years ago to look more like a man-made pool, hence the blue color...

Can I ask a stupid question about the studios? We're staying at AKV Jambo House in a standard view studio on rented points. We'll be using the sofa bed. Do I need to let them know in advance so they'll provide the linens? If so do they make up the bed the first night or do we need to do it (I know there's no daily house keeping)

Also am I correct that pool views are part of standard view at Jambo House? If so, is there anyway to request one?

....originally it was green, although never murky [it probably just appears that way in photos] but they changed it a few years ago to look more like a man-made pool, hence the blue color...

Must've been the 2 piece aqua bathing suit you had way back when...The colors must have run or something..LoL Hence the greenish colors.

:teeth:

Can I ask a stupid question about the studios? We're staying at AKV Jambo House in a standard view studio on rented points. We'll be using the sofa bed. Do I need to let them know in advance so they'll provide the linens? If so do they make up the bed the first night or do we need to do it (I know there's no daily house keeping)

Also am I correct that pool views are part of standard view at Jambo House? If so, is there anyway to request one?

Nope, no need to.

They won't make it up until day 8. On day 4 they will replenish all paper goods...Towels, toilet paper tissues n stuff.

Yes, believe it or not...Also some of the values face the pool too...You can request close to lobby pool view..

Nope, no need to.

They won't make it up until day 8. On day 4 they will replenish all paper goods...Towels, toilet paper tissues n stuff.

Yes, believe it or not...Also some of the values face the pool too...You can request close to lobby pool view..
Thanks for your help!

My question is more will the sheets already be on the sofa bed when we get there or will they be in the closet or somewhere else and we'll need to put them on.

Hello I know you posted this awhile ago but I just booked bunk bed pool view rooms for AKL for December. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me. I here the buses pick up at Kidani forst and since it is a busy time of the year were the buses always full by the time that stopped at Jambo House. Also are the bunk beds pretty small, I have 16 and 17 year old boys that will be sleeping in the beds. Any tips you can give me will be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

You are going to love AKL! We had one of our best Disney trips this past December! We were put in room:

Initially we weren't thrilled because we had booked a pool view and this room really had a "tree" view. From the balcony there was a huge tree completely blocking the view of the pool. We went down to the front desk and they told us they had one other pool view room available if we'd like to switch. So, they brought us to the "new" pool view room and something struck us immediately. In the old room was a HUGE dresser that was missing in the new room. We went back to the front desk to ask about it, and the woman working honestly thought we were crazy. "There's no bureau like that in any of the rooms," she said. She even called someone else over who confirmed this. So, then I started to think I was going crazy. I could have sworn there was a huge bureau in the first room! So, they finally agreed to walk up to the first room with us. And, lo and behold, there it was! They finally concluded that because of the jog in the building, this particular room had an extra nook that they filled with a bureau. We decided to stay in the first room because of the extra storage and they reclassified the room to a "standard view" after they saw the tree for themselves. As it all worked out, we were really happy to have that extra storage:

As for the bus situation, I don't have a ton of insight for you. We had our own car so we mostly drove. Also, this was a different sort of trip for us. We only did the parks 2 days. This was more of a dining and resort-hopping trip. We did take the bus to and from MK on December 30th. Because that's such a busy day at MK with the NYE fireworks preview, we got there super early and left really late after the fireworks. The bus situation was fine, but it was very busy.

As for the bunk beds...we loved them!! We have a DS12 and a DD15, so they loved having their own sleeping space. They were more than comfortable. My tallest kiddo is 5'6' and she fit easily.

Let me know if you have any more questions. AKL around the holidays is great!

Please add us to the list. We will be staying June 10 - June 15 at Jambo House.

June

Sinderelly, May 30th – 6th, Kidani

Dar-VM, 3rd – 10th, AKL CL

pmaurer74, 6th – 12th, AKL CL

Metz172, 7th – 10th, AKL CL

ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House

MinnieMomto2, 10th – 15th, Jambo House

Jennifer Mattson, 12th – 15th, AKL

think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

Susiec, 15th – 27th, AKL – DH 50th Bday

Coogz, 17th – 25th, AKL

Carissa1970, 21st – 26th, AKV

I am so excited! We have added a day to both the beginning and end of our trip. Staying December 13-23 now!

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th , Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 13th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

I know I'm late but I just wanted to say thank you!! I was panicking, thinking trying to switch from Kidani to Jambo for maximum zebra viewing but now I don't think we'll need to!

I suppose we can officially be added to the guest list now. My (then-will-be, eeek!) DH and I will be at Kidani from Nov 5-9 and then Jambo from Nov 9-11.

November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 3rd, Coronado Springs

Nascargirl0829, Oct 31st – 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, Oct 31st – 7th, AKL

brittbrat63, 5th – 9th, Kidani

Caldisneymomof2, 6th – 11th, AKL

brittbrat63, 9th – 11th, Jambo House

Busymommy2pink, 10th – 19th, AKL

Lacoccinelle, 11th – 18th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

Rere101399, 14th – 20th, AKL

Huey578, 14th – 21st, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 14th – 22nd, AKL

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

JenniferLea

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th , Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 13th, Jambo House

e
Hi, slight modification - we are moving over to BWVs for our last couple of nights, so we leave Jambo 12/10.
I'm not crazy about 3 moves - but a 1 br in BWVs opened up and I've been wanting to try it out. So could you change our Jambo end date from 12/13 to 12/10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter