Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the gift shop sells Vanilla Almond Milk? I am trying to decide if I should place an order with GG or not. We just do not need $40 worth of groceries (its just DS and I). On previous trips, we've had to give stuff away.
No Almond Milk sold in the Gift shop. We were there in May. We ordered it through Garden Grocer.

Hi, slight modification - we are moving over to BWVs for our last couple of nights, so we leave Jambo 12/10.
I'm not crazy about 3 moves - but a 1 br in BWVs opened up and I've been wanting to try it out. So could you change our Jambo end date from 12/13 to 12/10?

December

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

HI! So back from our AKV-Kidani stay in a standard studio and oh how I fell in love! Its amazing. I loved the short walk to jambo, the pool was fantastic, the room was close to lobby- and the viewing areas were awesome.

Is kidani the only place on site with the new displays at the bus stop that have ETA for the buses to each park? because those are brillant!

December will be at Jambo so I am excited to compare the two.

Is kidani the only place on site with the new displays at the bus stop that have ETA for the buses to each park? because those are brillant!

When we were there in February they did not have the monitors at Jambo. They had monitors at GF when we stayed there in November.

Just booked CL July 13-18th since the military cruise rate we were hoping for doesn't seem all too likely.
Excited either way! It will be my DH's first time at AKL and first time doing CL. :flower1:

If we do get the cruise by some miracle, I'll be reducing down to 2 nights after, but either way we will be there! :cool1:

We'll be coming home oct 31-Nov3 AKL-club level

November

RachelTori, Oct 28th – 4th, CSR-Business Class

PNO4TE, Oct 30th – 3rd, Coronado Springs

TeeterTots, Oct 31st – 3rd, AKL CL

Nascargirl0829, Oct 31st – 6th, AKL

Sarahbelle341, Oct 31st – 7th, AKL

brittbrat63, 5th – 9th, Kidani

Caldisneymomof2, 6th – 11th, AKL

brittbrat63, 9th – 11th, Jambo House

Busymommy2pink, 10th – 19th, AKL

Lacoccinelle, 11th – 18th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 13th – 18th, BCV

Rere101399, 14th – 20th, AKL

Huey578, 14th – 21st, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 14th – 22nd, AKL

shameless3, 17th – 20th, AKL

VeronicaBride, 18th -22nd, AKL

1buckeyegirl, 21st – 24th, AKL CL

YoCoLifSavr, 21st – 28th, Jambo House

1buckeyegirl, 24th Disney Magic

Jbausch, 25th – 28th, AKL

JenniferLea

Just booked CL July 13-18th since the military cruise rate we were hoping for doesn't seem all too likely.
Excited either way! It will be my DH's first time at AKL and first time doing CL. :flower1:

If we do get the cruise by some miracle, I'll be reducing down to 2 nights after, but either way we will be there! :cool1:

July

DisCatGirl, 4th – 11th, AKL CL

IceSkatingPrincess, 13th – 18th, AKL CL

Denamac, 20th -26th, Jambo CL

Octoberbaby, 23rd – Aug 2nd, Jambo House

OThopeful35, 28th – Aug 7th, AKL

So, I'd love to hear some thoughts on both the Wanyama and Night safari. Any opinions would be great. My only hesitations on Wanyama are the July heat (maybe it would be better suited to a winter trip?) and the food (I like Jiko, but I'm not super adventurous). I'm leaning towards the night safari.

So, I'd love to hear some thoughts on both the Wanyama and Night safari. Any opinions would be great. My only hesitations on Wanyama are the July heat (maybe it would be better suited to a winter trip?) and the food (I like Jiko, but I'm not super adventurous). I'm leaning towards the night safari.

I would do Wanyama. I have done both twice. The Night Safari is more about the novelty of using the Night Vision goggles. Actually, it just goes over one eye, so does that make it a monocle? if you're lucky, the giraffes will be sitting down for the evening, your vehicle will be able to stop right near them, and your tour guide will let you enjoy the magic of being so close to such big animals in the quiet evening.

If you're not lucky, people talking flash photos from their balconies will spook the animals so that they won't sit still.

And/or you will get the chatty tour guide I got the second time. He would not shut up. He was like a radio that you wanted to turn off. it detracted from the magic.

For me, the Wanyama Safari was more about getting pictures of the animals, and learning about the animals while I could see them in the daylight.

In March 2015, some of the dinner at Jiko was family style. The breads & dips, main courses and side dishes were in the middle of the table and you served yourself. For the appetizers and desserts, your plate containing 3 of each was put in front of you.

An unadventurous eater could certainly fill up on Mac & Cheese, green beans, and whatever else he/she found tempting.

I'm so sorry to ask this, because I know it's probably been asked a thousand times... I own at OKW and know that thread has the same questions over and over... I promised I have searched for the answer with no luck!

We're staying at Kidani in a standard, dedicated two bedroom (the one with two queen beds). I'm having a hard time finding info on this. Is the room layout the same as the lockoff, just has two beds instead of a couch & bed? Also, where are these rooms located? I'm searching All Ears room locator and just don't have the time to go through every single room. in the end, I'm trying to figure out what to request for online check in. I've heard some people get pixied dusted and upgraded to savannah, which would be amazing, this is my family's first trip together - fiance & stepkids and my daughter, and their first trip to Disney World, ever. Like everyone else, we'd love to not have a view of the parking lot.

So, any ideas of requests? Upper/Lower Floor, Near Transportation, Near Elevator, Near Lobby (Is this loud? I think you stay here to be closer to the pool?), Pembe or Sunset Savannah (is this an option for standard view??).

I don't think close to transportation matters too much, we have a car. We do have a child in a wheelchair and my Mom in an ECV, but since they aren't walking themselves I would rather have a fabulous view for them then be close to transportation. If I can't see animals, a pool view (or close to pool for the kids) would be nice.

I'm pretty confused. This AKL newbie some help from AK experts!

37 days to go! It will be our first stay at AKL. I am starting to read this thread and I'm very excited! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter