Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never done BC. AKL is our all time favorite so it's really hard to choose a different resort, but the kids have always wanted to go to Stormaway Bay and I have always wanted to just walk to Epcot, our favorite park so this makes everyone happy. Hope we enjoy it as much as AKL.
BCV is my home.

So we love it there, and just being able to walk to Epcot is so worth it.

BUT AKL is my second favorite

We are staying at AKL CL June 6-12

June

Sinderelly, May 30th – 6th, Kidani

Dar-VM, 3rd – 10th, AKL CL

pmaurer74, 6th – 12th, AKL CL

Metz172, 7th – 10th, AKL CL

ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House

Jennifer Mattson, 12th – 15th, AKL

think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

Susiec, 15th – 27th, AKL – DH 50th Bday

Coogz, 17th – 25th, AKL

Carissa1970, 21st – 26th, AKV

My sister and I are there 9/24-10/4 in a pool view. I had originally booked Savannah View but we are going on a cruise as well in August. I was able to take advantage of the Late Summer promotion and saved $3100 by switching to PV.

Second year in a row staying here, we loved it the first time.

wdwphan, 18th - 21st, AKL

DaisyMom09, 19th – 26th, AKL

dolphingirl47, 22nd – Oct 1st, DCL

Kel102, 21st – 28th, AKL

luvthemouse71, 24th – Oct 4th, AKL

punkin413, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

stitchfan75, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

cuppie, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

lelesansan, 27th – Oct 2nd, AKL

We are leaving tomorrow for Kidani! Our first time at AKL! Excited! We are in a 2 BR lock off. The only request I made when doing online check in was close to lobby. (Crossing fingers)
Thank you everyone here for all the helpful posts!

BCV is my home.

So we love it there, and just being able to walk to Epcot is so worth it.

BUT AKL is my second favorite

Glad you love BC! I am so excited to try it! I love the restaurants nearby and walking to Epcot just to see Illuminations will be awesome.

Hello folks. Got a question about the pools at AKL are there lockers located at Jambo house or Kidani pools?

Also does anyone have picture of the lockers area's?

TIA

There is one near the arcade/ bathrooms by Jambo I believe. just steps from the pool. and I think there are some up at the health spa/gym up at the top of the main pool at Kidani

Hello folks. Got a question about the pools at AKL are there lockers located at Jambo house or Kidani pools?

Also does anyone have picture of the lockers area's?

TIA

Here are photos of the lockers by the pool at Jambo House. Photos taken March 2015. Sorry I didn't look for lockers at Kidani.

I just changed our reservation from All Star Sports to AKL. My wife, daughter and her friend do not know yet. I'm hoping to keep it a secret until the Magical Express drops us off there.
I went back and forth on spending the extra on a Savanna View, but could not pull the trigger because I do not think we will spend much time there.
Even with the Standard View, I'm really looking forward to staying there.
The main reason for the trip this time, is my daughter's 16 birthday. She wanted to be in the Magic Kingdom on this birthday.

I just changed our reservation from All Star Sports to AKL. My wife, daughter and her friend do not know yet. I'm hoping to keep it a secret until the Magical Express drops us off there.
I went back and forth on spending the extra on a Savanna View, but could not pull the trigger because I do not think we will spend much time there.
The main reason for the trip this time, is my daughter's 16 birthday. She wanted to be in the Magic Kingdom on this birthday.
Although a lot of times when you go to DME they ask you were you are going when you check in, w/ AKL it's pretty typical to also stop @ the All Stars before heading on over to AKL - so if you sneak the info. to DME you might even be able to ride the bus while keeping the surprise until they pull up @ All Star Sports and you tell your party that it's not time to get off yet :) What fun that would be.

I tried something like this before. We took our daughter to Discovery Cove to be Trainer for a Day on her 13th birthday. I had rented an econo car, but when at the Enterprize desk at the airport, I asked if they had any Camaros available. This is my daughter's favorite car. As the lady was coming back, my daughter walked up and heard the lady ask me, coupe or convertible. I ended up taking the convertible.
My surprises usually don't turn out the way I want.

Congrats! What a special way to celebrate a Sweet 16 birthday! :thumbsup2 The only issue I see with your plan is that the resort name will be listed on the yellow luggage tags.

Good luck and have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

I am just sort of glancing around for a May 2016 trip. If I'd stay in a Kidani villa, standard view does it have a balcony and where does that put you (is it all villas)? Do the animal viewing areas through the resort have seating? Is there a drink refill station anywhere near? Would the only cafeteria be in Jambo? If so, how long a walk is it? I know I have alot of questions, but I like to get the total feel.

I am just sort of glancing around for a May 2016 trip. If I'd stay in a Kidani villa, standard view does it have a balcony and where does that put you (is it all villas)? Do the animal viewing areas through the resort have seating? Is there a drink refill station anywhere near? Would the only cafeteria be in Jambo? If so, how long a walk is it? I know I have alot of questions, but I like to get the total feel.

1) Yes all the villas have a Balcony, and you could end up on any of the pods on the right side facing the front.

2)It depends. On the different floors you can see through the windows( Between the pods ) but I don't believe there are benches.
But down on the 2nd floor near the Community Hall/Arcade there is an Observation deck, which I believe has chairs n benches n stuff. Also on the lower level near Sanaa. Drink station is in the Johari Treasures ( just off the lobby)

3) Yes! The Mara is in Jambo. Although there are some packaged goods in Johari Treasures at Kidani that has a few items. It's roughly about an 8 minute walk or so. You can just hop on any bus heading to any park, because it has to stop at Jambo b4 heading to the parks. When returning from Jambo hop only on the DTD bus, for it has to stop at Kidani b4 heading to DTD.

Congrats! What a special way to celebrate a Sweet 16 birthday! :thumbsup2 The only issue I see with your plan is that the resort name will be listed on the yellow luggage tags.

Good luck and have a magical vacation! pixiedust:

Hopefully my wife, daughter or her friend won't look too closely at the tags.
We bought her the "Happy Birthday Mouse Ears". She said she would wear it too. I also plan on having t-shirts made that say something like, "I'm Having A Magical Sweet 16 Birthday".
Her last surprise for her 16th birthday will be when we return home. I'll open the garage door and there will be a little red convertible with a bow on it. She's just a little spoiled. But it's hard not to when she does so well in school, sports and life in general.

We just decided to visit WDW during Christmas week! Have never stayed at AKL before. We booked a pool view with bunk beds. We have visited AKL before and know that we love the atmosphere, but I didn't really want to book a savanna room (call me crazy :rotfl2:). I think the animals are really cool, but I just have a thing with wanting to look out at water when I'm at Disney.

So, tell me about the pool view rooms? Are there better ones to request?

We have a son (11) and a daughter (15) so we are pretty excited about the bunk beds! Do the bunk beds make the room feel really small since they take up a lot of space?

Thanks!!
Hello I know you posted this awhile ago but I just booked bunk bed pool view rooms for AKL for December. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me. I here the buses pick up at Kidani forst and since it is a busy time of the year were the buses always full by the time that stopped at Jambo House. Also are the bunk beds pretty small, I have 16 and 17 year old boys that will be sleeping in the beds. Any tips you can give me will be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter