AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

I think the more reviews I read, the more I think Disney is going to see LC ADRs dwindle.

First time I ate at LC I LOVED it. Since though each time has been worse. On our last trip in December it was actually one of the worst meals we ate. I couldn't even eat my steak it was so salty..and my dessert was so hard I had to chisel at it with my knife and fork.(I had a berry tart) I won't be going back and spending 2 credits...that is for sure. Now... picking up some soup and pretzel bread... that may be worth an ADR and pay oop for just those two things. :goodvibes

Great update and pics. I totally agree about Le Cellier. that soup though is insanely good.

Okay, so I am coming in literally at the tail end of your trip, but I just discovered this report and had to say, I love your food reviews. They are so detailed and informative, and I feel like I've gotten a much better idea on what some of the Disney restaurants entail. :goodvibes

I'll definitely stick around for future reports and the wedding updates. (Ps-Congratulations!)popcorn::

Oh dear, Le Cellier was only meh for you and Wingnut. I think it's hard when there is such an unrealistic build up for a restaurant like that. While I like it there, I definitely rate (and prefer!) California Grill and Narcoossee's steaks to theirs. Did I spell that right, Narcoossee's? Looks like far too many "s's" to me.

That Red Maple drink looks goood! I might have to try that. I do like the filet but WITH the mushroom risotto.:snooty: Perhaps you confused your palate too much with the cream cheese mashed taters??;)

I hear the Maple Creme Brulee is excellent and plan on getting that for dessert next time. I had the chocolate whiskey cake previoulsy and it was almost too chocolately for me.

So what would you say is your favorite restaurant at Epcot? You and Wingnut seem to be quite the dining experts and I need some advice!:thumbsup2

(Fanfare tone) A-da-da-da-da-da-da-daaaaaa! Here comes a NEW challenger! I Starscream275 using my british intellect alone, has gone and infiltrated your TR and now I'm gonna hang around here for reasons only known to me! God knows how.

I'm currently reading through day 3 of your TR and I gotta say ya really like to critique a lot about food but then again I'm no expert myself so I wouldn't know. But like I said it I've only just gotten interested and have just joined your TR so I have a lot of catching up to.

I FINALLY caught up... and I just have to say I'm so excited for you guys in your engagement! AND a Disney wedding?! I can't wait to hear all about your plans! :banana:

Your Le Cellier review made me not too upset about not going there. Your TR has been very informative for me in terms of future restaurants!

I'm a total dork and am bummed out I missed out on your ADR guessing game! I totally would've won... maybe... :rotfl:

Oh and one other thing... My husband feels very very similarly to you guys about TSMM! Here just doesn't get the hype. I definitely like it more than he does, but I'll also admit that I don't get the lines for it. Like, I'll go on it if I have a FP or there's a short line, but otherwise I don't feel the need to wait in line for it. :rolleyes1 I think I mostly like it because it involves competition and I'm a competitive person (I'm a weebit in love with Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin)... Matt, on the hand, is not. Hahaha.

While I may have only gotten in at the end of this TR, I'm excited to hear about your plans for your October trip and of course you wedding and Disneymoon! :goodvibes

I think the more reviews I read, the more I think Disney is going to see LC ADRs dwindle.

First time I ate at LC I LOVED it. Since though each time has been worse. On our last trip in December it was actually one of the worst meals we ate. I couldn't even eat my steak it was so salty..and my dessert was so hard I had to chisel at it with my knife and fork.(I had a berry tart) I won't be going back and spending 2 credits...that is for sure. Now... picking up some soup and pretzel bread... that may be worth an ADR and pay oop for just those two things. :goodvibes

I agree, it just doesn't measure up to the other meals that are worth 2 credits.

Chiseling at dessert is never a good sign! The soup is great though!

Great update and pics. I totally agree about Le Cellier. that soup though is insanely good.

Thanks! That soup is amazing, isn't it?

Okay, so I am coming in literally at the tail end of your trip, but I just discovered this report and had to say, I love your food reviews. They are so detailed and informative, and I feel like I've gotten a much better idea on what some of the Disney restaurants entail. :goodvibes

I'll definitely stick around for future reports and the wedding updates. (Ps-Congratulations!)popcorn::

Welcome!!! Thank you!! :goodvibes

Thanks! :)

Oh dear, Le Cellier was only meh for you and Wingnut. I think it's hard when there is such an unrealistic build up for a restaurant like that. While I like it there, I definitely rate (and prefer!) California Grill and Narcoossee's steaks to theirs. Did I spell that right, Narcoossee's? Looks like far too many "s's" to me.

That Red Maple drink looks goood! I might have to try that. I do like the filet but WITH the mushroom risotto.:snooty: Perhaps you confused your palate too much with the cream cheese mashed taters??;)

I hear the Maple Creme Brulee is excellent and plan on getting that for dessert next time. I had the chocolate whiskey cake previoulsy and it was almost too chocolately for me.

So what would you say is your favorite restaurant at Epcot? You and Wingnut seem to be quite the dining experts and I need some advice!:thumbsup2

It really is unrealistic hype! Yes, you spelled Narcoosees right!! :thumbsup2 I always have to double-check it too :rotfl:.

Hahaha maybe I should have tried it with the risotto! I'm just not a fan of mushrooms though.

I should have had the creme brulee, I've heard it's great too. The mousse was good, but way too super-rich by the end!

Hmmm...favorite restaurant in Epcot? I think my vote is going to have to go to La Hacienda, the atmosphere is really nice, and I thought the food was great. I'm pretty sure DF would say that or Rose & Crown, he loves it there!

(Fanfare tone) A-da-da-da-da-da-da-daaaaaa! Here comes a NEW challenger! I Starscream275 using my british intellect alone, has gone and infiltrated your TR and now I'm gonna hang around here for reasons only known to me! God knows how.

I'm currently reading through day 3 of your TR and I gotta say ya really like to critique a lot about food but then again I'm no expert myself so I wouldn't know. But like I said it I've only just gotten interested and have just joined your TR so I have a lot of catching up to.

Welcome! Thanks! :)

I FINALLY caught up... and I just have to say I'm so excited for you guys in your engagement! AND a Disney wedding?! I can't wait to hear all about your plans! :banana:

Your Le Cellier review made me not too upset about not going there. Your TR has been very informative for me in terms of future restaurants!

I'm a total dork and am bummed out I missed out on your ADR guessing game! I totally would've won... maybe... :rotfl:

Oh and one other thing... My husband feels very very similarly to you guys about TSMM! Here just doesn't get the hype. I definitely like it more than he does, but I'll also admit that I don't get the lines for it. Like, I'll go on it if I have a FP or there's a short line, but otherwise I don't feel the need to wait in line for it. :rolleyes1 I think I mostly like it because it involves competition and I'm a competitive person (I'm a weebit in love with Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin)... Matt, on the hand, is not. Hahaha.

While I may have only gotten in at the end of this TR, I'm excited to hear about your plans for your October trip and of course you wedding and Disneymoon! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Hahaha I try to help! Yeah, I wouldn't be sad about skipping it in the future.

Aww I think a bunch of people missed it! I didn't keep it going long enough!

I just think I'm not competitive enough for TSM! That combined with the spinning, I can't see myself going on it again in the near future! I like Buzz, but not enough to wait in that much of a line for it!

(I feel like this post is a bit dull, so I'm going to toss in a few random pictures from our December 2009 trip here and there to spice things up...)

It’s funny, usually when the days get fewer and fewer between us and a Disney trip, my bouncing off the walls exponentially increases as well. This time, since we will be doing so many wedding-related things, I’m watching the numbers go down while going “Only this many days left??? There’s still so much to do!!”

(And then there’s all the other normal trip-related stuff, like remembering to pack socks.)

(Note to self: Remember to pack socks.)

Our day line-up is a bit different than previous trips…

Day 1: We arrive in the morning. Probably go to Epcot because, well, we’re us. Dinner at Rose & Crown. Begin the first of a few day schedules where I say “hopefully see Illuminations”.

Day 2: Breakfast at Kona with my parents. We all then go to the site visit. No set plans for the afternoon, then dinner at Sanaa with my parents.

Day 3: Breakfast at Grand Floridian Café with my parents. We all then go to the planning session. We all then go to the menu tasting. No plans after that.

Day 4: Hair and makeup session super-early. Morning engagement photo session in Epcot. We will probably then stay in the Epcot vicinity. Dinner at La Hacienda with my parents. Illuminations?

Day 5: Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Probably spend a good amount of time at the MK/DHS. Dinner at Boatwrights.

Day 6: Breakfast at Boma. Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. We leave later that day :(.

(The only potential changes I can forsee is if I am able to get an ADR for Crystal Palace for our last morning, and switch that with Boma. Unfortunately, no openings yet…)

Awwwww! I'm enjoying the pre-wedding trip plans already! I can NOT WAIT to see engagement pictures from Epcot!! :lovestruc

I had to chuckle at your "hopefully see Illuminations" note.... that was me this last trip. You would think with 12 nights at WDW I could have fit it in and no, seeing it from my balcony at BLT miles away doesn't count!!! :rotfl2: At least you have a pretty good chance of seeing it after your La Hacienda dinner! :lmao:

Your upcoming planning trip sounds exciting - especially since it you will have your engagement photos done. :lovestruc

And please remember to pack socks. :rotfl: I needed a note to self to remember to pack band aids due to the socks that I forgot to pack for the slip on shoes (Sketchers) that I wore.... soooo next time note to myself will be PACK SOCKS!!!

Happy Saturday!

Yay for Disney wedding planning...sounds like your agenda is full, but fun! I hope you get to see Illuminations!

And don't forget to pack socks!! :rotfl:

Sounds like you will have a pretty busy trip. I have illuminations penciled in on a few nights as well. WE didn't see it last time so much this time!!

P.S. Don't forget the socks! lol!

Just finished reading your trip report and loved it! Congrats on the engagement! Wedding planning, especially Disney wedding planning, is so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about your planning meetings and food reviews :goodvibes

Wedding planning AND Disney planning!!! How exciting!!!

Oh and on a side note I ALWAYS forget socks. Every single holiday.
I always end up making a trip to wallmart or wherever on the first night to stock up. :rotfl:

Love the "try to see Illuminations" plans. Seems as though the only night time show we ever manage to see is Wishes. :confused3

How awesome to get your engagement photos at Epcot! (nerd confession-I read your first TR the other night, so I feel as though I have a pretty good understanding of your love of Epcot now)

I really can't wait to hear about all of the planning! I love weddings!

I know you're in NJ-will you visit Kleinfelds to look at dresses? 'Cause I would love to hear about that too! :goodvibes

Your plans sound great! :cool1: I can't wait to see your engagement pics, do you know where in Epcot you're doing them yet?

The wedding stuff sounds so fun. I hope you get to see IllumiNations at least once!

I like all the random pictures thrown in, by the way. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter