AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

For our last ADR of the trip, we were headed to the one, the only, the/Le Cellier.

I had been to Le Cellier years ago on trips with my parents, but Wingnut had never been. I figured that it was high time that we changed that, and made sure when I raced to book the ADR exactly 180 mornings before our trip, I picked an ADR exactly when Le Cellier opened, for the maximum Canadian experience.

I was very excited when this plan fell perfectly into place. I even did a little fist pump in celebration.

(Here's where I should say "no I didn't". But I'm from NJ. OF COURSE I TOTALLY DID.)

"O CANADA..."

Even MORE steak on this trip?? Don't mind if I do!

For those of you that don't know, when Le Cellier first opens in the morning, the staff gathers and sings "O Canada". It's a nice start to the Le Cellier experience, if you're willing to eat steak at 11:30 in the morning.

(Which we very much are.)

Having read many a TR where people were seated in Le Cellier and promptly forgot which province they were in, I was determined to not let this happen to me.

(I took the picture of the A on the menu in the restaurant, then added the "Alberta" at home.)

(Isn't my Microsoft Paint "handwriting" beautiful?) :upsidedow

The view from Alberta:

The view from my side of the table:

The famed breadsticks soon arrived...

I tried the multigrain and pretzel varieties, and thought both were very good. Wingnut only had the pretzel bread, which he deemed "pretty good".

While I stuck with my basic usual seltzer, Wingnut lived it up with a Red Maple, which is raspberry puree and Sprite.

W: "That was a little too sweet, even for me."

For his appetizer, Wingnut got the Roasted Duck Meatballs - with a carmelized onion tartlet and a cherry gastrique.

W: The duck meatballs were really good. I hadn't had anything like that before. It had a cherry reduction on it, which worked well with it. And it was on puffed pastry, which was nice.

Going with the seemingly most popular Le Cellier order method, I chose the Cheddar Cheese Soup.

It was nice and warm and cheesy, just as I had remembered it. :goodvibes

For his entree, Wingnut went with the New York Strip Steak.

W: "It was pretty standard, a good steak, well-cooked. Nothing too special about it. The mashed potatoes were very flavorful, probably making them terrible for you." :laughing:

Continuing my ordering trend, I chose the Filet with truffle butter sauce - swapping the mushroom risotto for the cream cheese mashed potatoes.

The filet wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't at the level of the filets I had had throughout the week prior to it. I loved the cream cheese mashed potatoes, they had a great flavor.

When it came time for dessert, Wingnut passed. Not being one to ever turn down dessert, I convinced him to share something with me. He let me choose, and I was torn between the maple creme brulee and the chocolate "moose".

In the end, novelty won.

(Awwww.)

Wingnut took approximately one bite, and said he didn't care for it. I thought that the moose...er, mousse, was pretty good, if a bit too rich by the end. The maple cookies (the tongue cookie is the same flavor as the antler cookies, by the way) were nice and crispy.

Overall, while we didn't LOVE Le Cellier, we didn't hate it either. I really do not believe that it is worth the hype that it does get (but I had that same belief when I first booked the ADR, so no surprises there). Next year, when both lunch and dinner will be 2 credits each, it'll be interesting to see if the hype drops. Honestly, I don't think the food and atmosphere are on the same level as the other signature restaurants. It is certainly not a bad restaurant though (I would probably put the steaks on a level somewhere slightly above a Longhorn or Outback steakhouse).

I also don't think it helped our impression of Le Cellier that we went there AFTER all of the other places with fantastic steaks and other dishes and atmospheres such as California Grill, Artist Point, Jiko, Citricos, etc. But it did fulfill the main reason that I had wanted it for our last day - a nice and filling meal for the rest of our day and travels home.

Ahhh Canada, my home and native land. True patriot love! In all thy... never mind. Getting carried away here.
I love Le Cellier, but have to agree (but perhaps from a non-adventurous eater's point of view) that it's really not worth two meal credits. I'm going this year for lunch and most likely won't allot two credits for it in the future.
I'm glad you had a good meal nevertheless!

A very interesting review Sara. I've never eaten at Le Cellier, but even after all of the wonderful reviews I've read, I've wondered if I would have the same reaction...especially regarding the desserts. My mom used to make homemade maple syrup and candies and I must have OD'd on the stuff because I don't care to ever eat another maple candy in my life!

We LOVED our lunch at Le Cellier !!! But I wonder how busy it wil be when LUNCH goes to two credits. Le Cellier is good, but I am not sure it is two credits good.

Thank you for making me less disappointed that I will probably be giving up my Le Cellier reservation for our trip! I probably need to shorten the trip and my reservation falls somewhere around when I should already be in the car for three hours!:(

We LOVE Le Cellier!
I think going after all the other delicious restaurants might have not let it get up there for you.
It isn't the BEST signature, but for a nice lunch, it's filling and delicious ;)

I am glad you got to try it out!

I'm glad you had a good last meal but also glad that it wasn't the best meal in that it helps me to be willing to skip it!

So sad its your last day though! But thankfully you have a new trip soon that hopefully you will be sharing with us!

Clearly I have been sadly misinformed, because I was under the impression that real moose WERE made of chocolate. Well. There goes that idea. :rotfl2:

I love the pretzel breadsticks, but I think if you're a fan of pretzels and soft bread in general, you really can't go wrong with it.

I agree with you about Le Cellier. (let the others start flinging mud at me now). I think it's just okay also. Not great, but not terrible. There are other steaks on property that I just think are better. My favorite thus far was at the Yachtsman. ;)

I agree with you on Le Cellier. I haven't been there in a few years, but each time we've been has been OK, but now wonderful. I do like the soup, but for a good steak in the Epcot area I'll pick Yachtsman or Shulas over Le Cellier. I also think that it is ridiculously over priced, but that's another argument entirely.

That chocolate mousse looks pretty cute though! :goodvibes

I agree about the MOOSE. I couldn't even come close to finishing it after such a rich meal!

Last meal of the trip... sad. :(

Wow - sorry your steaks were just ho-hum. I have always had a good filet there, but I honestly have not eaten there in forever because (1) too much hype about the restaurant and (2) reviews of declining food quality.

That red maple looked pretty good. I think it might need a shot of Canadian Vodka. Just sayin...... :rolleyes1

See, now I don't feel so bad about missing our date night there last year when we all came down with the plague (that's what I'm calling it...close enough, right:confused3?). So THANK YOU for this!

(But seriously, those mashed potatoes look great, and I might shed a tear.)

I really appreciate the review of the famed Le Cellier. I've always felt like I should want to try to get an ADR there, but I really wanted to try some of the other steakhouses first.

I'm with you guys-I could eat steak every day. I don't blame you at all!

Yay Le Cellier! I love that place sooooo much! :lovestruc I don't think it should be a signature restaurant, especially for lunch next year, but still, it's really good! That chocolate moose is one of my favorite Disney desserts, but I agree, it is really rich and heavy, I am never hungry by the time I order it, but I have to get it, just because it's so good!

I love the Red Maple too, I always want to get a drink there, like wine or something, but I can't resist the Red Maple! :thumbsup2

I haven't eaten at LC in years but remember it fondly as one of the best meals on property. We're going in December, and I hope we're not disappointed because it'll probably be my last visit (I can't imagine using 2 TS credits for steak!).

I really do not believe that it is worth the hype that it does get (but I had that same belief when I first booked the ADR, so no surprises there).

I agree. Of course, I didn't try the steak, and I love steak. I plan to get that next time. The pretzel bread dipped in cheddar cheese soup was goooood, though! :thumbsup2 We got a mousse moose to share, but next time I will get creme brulee.

The Red Maple sounds good, but like Wignut, I bet it is too sweet for me. ::yes:: I mostly drink water, water, and water, so anything seems sweet.

I feel like I have missed a lot of fun on the DIS over the last few days of being out of the loop. Glad I got to catch up here this morning. :goodvibes

We do enjoy LeCell, but with it going to 2 dining credits all the time, this will probably be the last hurrah. I love the cheddar soup and the breads, always swap for the mashed potatoes with the filet. (you can never get enough good mashed potatoes :woohoo:).

Have enjoyed reading your food exploits-along with your poly path escapades!

Ahhh Canada, my home and native land. True patriot love! In all thy... never mind. Getting carried away here.
I love Le Cellier, but have to agree (but perhaps from a non-adventurous eater's point of view) that it's really not worth two meal credits. I'm going this year for lunch and most likely won't allot two credits for it in the future.
I'm glad you had a good meal nevertheless!

Hahaha go ahead and show your Canadian pride!! :thumbsup2 I'll be interested to see how the menu changes when it is a 2 credit meal all the time. Lunch while it is still only 1 credit sounds like the best plan!

A very interesting review Sara. I've never eaten at Le Cellier, but even after all of the wonderful reviews I've read, I've wondered if I would have the same reaction...especially regarding the desserts. My mom used to make homemade maple syrup and candies and I must have OD'd on the stuff because I don't care to ever eat another maple candy in my life!

I had thought maybe because we had been several times in the past (even back when it was a cafeteria-style restaurant!), I wouldn't be too overwhelmed this time around, but even Wingnut had the same reaction.

Mmmmmmm maple syrup candies sound amazing!!! Hahaha DF would probably LOVE those!!

We LOVED our lunch at Le Cellier !!! But I wonder how busy it wil be when LUNCH goes to two credits. Le Cellier is good, but I am not sure it is two credits good.

I'm VERY curious about that as well. Right now I really do not think it is worth 2 credits (I know the dinner menu is a bit different to compensate for that, but it doesn't really interest us to try it!)

Thank you for making me less disappointed that I will probably be giving up my Le Cellier reservation for our trip! I probably need to shorten the trip and my reservation falls somewhere around when I should already be in the car for three hours!:(

Hahaha you're welcome!!! Aww that stinks you'll have to shorten your trip a bit, but I wouldn't be too disappointed about giving up LC.

We LOVE Le Cellier!
I think going after all the other delicious restaurants might have not let it get up there for you.
It isn't the BEST signature, but for a nice lunch, it's filling and delicious ;)

I am glad you got to try it out!

I agree, Le Cellier definitely had much bigger shoes to fill at that point than it really could. But it is a pretty good restaurant, especially since it is nice and conveniently located in Epcot! And it kept us full for the rest of the day, which was my main goal! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you had a good last meal but also glad that it wasn't the best meal in that it helps me to be willing to skip it!

So sad its your last day though! But thankfully you have a new trip soon that hopefully you will be sharing with us!

Hahaha glad to help! I'm glad that we went, but I'm fine with skipping it in the future.

Yes, of course I will!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Clearly I have been sadly misinformed, because I was under the impression that real moose WERE made of chocolate. Well. There goes that idea. :rotfl2:

I love the pretzel breadsticks, but I think if you're a fan of pretzels and soft bread in general, you really can't go wrong with it.

I agree with you about Le Cellier. (let the others start flinging mud at me now). I think it's just okay also. Not great, but not terrible. There are other steaks on property that I just think are better. My favorite thus far was at the Yachtsman. ;)

Hahaha that would be amazing if they were! I'm a firm believer that if more things in the world were made of chocolate, it would be a much happier place. :thumbsup2

I'm glad we aren't the only ones who feel that way! I haven't tried Yachtsman yet, but I've heard awesome things about it! Their menu always looks very interesting.

I agree with you on Le Cellier. I haven't been there in a few years, but each time we've been has been OK, but now wonderful. I do like the soup, but for a good steak in the Epcot area I'll pick Yachtsman or Shulas over Le Cellier. I also think that it is ridiculously over priced, but that's another argument entirely.

That chocolate mousse looks pretty cute though! :goodvibes

Yeah, unfortunately the soup alone isn't worth attempting to get that ADR!! I haven't tried Yachtsman or Shulas yet, but my parents really enjoyed the steaks at Shulas when they went. I think my favorite steak went to California Grill, personally.

I agree about the MOOSE. I couldn't even come close to finishing it after such a rich meal!

Last meal of the trip... sad. :(

Me either!!! Very, VERY rich! (But adorably so! :laughing: )

Wow - sorry your steaks were just ho-hum. I have always had a good filet there, but I honestly have not eaten there in forever because (1) too much hype about the restaurant and (2) reviews of declining food quality.

That red maple looked pretty good. I think it might need a shot of Canadian Vodka. Just sayin...... :rolleyes1

It definitely wasn't bad, but it just was not measuring up to the amazing steaks we had had during the rest of the week. Le Cellier does get WAY too much hype, which I really think will stop when it is a 2 credit restaurant. And I also agree that the food quality has declined over the years. I remember it being a much better restaurant years ago (I believe it was a victim of the dining plan, personally).

Oooh, you may be on to something there!!! :thumbsup2

See, now I don't feel so bad about missing our date night there last year when we all came down with the plague (that's what I'm calling it...close enough, right:confused3?). So THANK YOU for this!

(But seriously, those mashed potatoes look great, and I might shed a tear.)

I think the plague is a pretty apt description of what happened to you guys!!! You're welcome, always happy to help!! :thumbsup2

The mashed potatoes were VERY good, but I still think the ones at Citricos were the best.

I really appreciate the review of the famed Le Cellier. I've always felt like I should want to try to get an ADR there, but I really wanted to try some of the other steakhouses first.

I'm with you guys-I could eat steak every day. I don't blame you at all!

I would skip it in favor of the other steakhouses, personally. Hahaha I really could eat steak every day! (Which I tend to do in Disney, actually!)

Yay Le Cellier! I love that place sooooo much! :lovestruc I don't think it should be a signature restaurant, especially for lunch next year, but still, it's really good! That chocolate moose is one of my favorite Disney desserts, but I agree, it is really rich and heavy, I am never hungry by the time I order it, but I have to get it, just because it's so good!

I love the Red Maple too, I always want to get a drink there, like wine or something, but I can't resist the Red Maple! :thumbsup2

I know how much you love LC, I thought of you guys when we were there!! It's too bad that it's becoming a signature restaurant, I think it's just becoming something that it's not. I can't even imagine finishing the chocolate moose, it was SO rich!!! But I couldn't resist ordering it!

I didn't try the Red Maple, but it looked really pretty! :laughing:

I haven't eaten at LC in years but remember it fondly as one of the best meals on property. We're going in December, and I hope we're not disappointed because it'll probably be my last visit (I can't imagine using 2 TS credits for steak!).

I hope you guys enjoy it there!! I definitely have fond memories of it as well, and it really isn't a bad restaurant at all, don't let me scare you away!!

I agree. Of course, I didn't try the steak, and I love steak. I plan to get that next time. The pretzel bread dipped in cheddar cheese soup was goooood, though! :thumbsup2 We got a mousse moose to share, but next time I will get creme brulee.

The Red Maple sounds good, but like Wignut, I bet it is too sweet for me. ::yes:: I mostly drink water, water, and water, so anything seems sweet.

I feel like I have missed a lot of fun on the DIS over the last few days of being out of the loop. Glad I got to catch up here this morning. :goodvibes

I loved the pretzel bread and soup combo, that was delicious! The moose is definitely a sharing dessert, I was torn between it and the creme brulee as well!

I'm a water-drinker as well, or, if I'm feeling particularly crazy, seltzer. :rotfl: Soda is always just too sweet for me!

Well you had a fantastic reason to be behind on the Dis!!! Congratulations again!!! :yay::yay:

We do enjoy LeCell, but with it going to 2 dining credits all the time, this will probably be the last hurrah. I love the cheddar soup and the breads, always swap for the mashed potatoes with the filet. (you can never get enough good mashed potatoes :woohoo:).

Have enjoyed reading your food exploits-along with your poly path escapades!

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!! :goodvibes

I agree, it'll be very interesting to see what happens when it becomes 2 credits for lunch and dinner. I love mashed potatoes too, I don't think I've ever had the filet with the mushroom risotto, actually! :laughing:

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter