AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

That pretzel looks yummy!!!! And like it has a face ;)

Boo to the end of a trip, but at least you have another trip soon- and a wedding planning one to boot!!! :D

Ahhh.. one last trip around the world and then time to say see you later! I'm with you for the acrobat dude in France. I wonder if he's ever fallen off those chairs?? I think it's a work comp claim waiting to happen! :lmao:

So what exactly is inside the almond pretzel? It really looks amazing - seeing as how I am an almond fan it is definitely on my future snack list. :)

Love that you are going back NEXT month!!! :yay:

The almond pretzel is the perfect treat for the airplane.

No matter what I always experience the "We're not in Disney anymore" feeling.

So sad the trip is over but definitely looking forward to all the other posts -- souvenirs? Yes, please!

He is amazing!

We retrieved our carry-on bags from Bell Services, and it was around 15 minutes before we were planning to leave Disney, so I started to go back into the lobby of the Polynesian to soak in the ambience just a little bit longer.

Wingnut: Where are you going?
Me: Oh, I don’t know. Sit in the lobby for 15 minutes?
Wingnut: Let’s just head to the airport. Seems silly to sit here.
Me: Oh, fine. :(

I would have chosen fifteen more minutes on the Poly grounds, too. ::yes::

One of my favorite snacks! :goodvibes

And with that, our magical trip came to its inevitable end. BUT there is still more to come: Souvenirs! A wrap-up! More PTR for our October trip! And much, much more! Stay tuned…

Sorry you had to leave. :sad: We try not to leave Disney property without our next trip being booked. It dulls the pain a little. ;)

I absolutely want to see souvenir pictures! :thumbsup2

You captured that last day feeling so well. One last walk around the World, looking for any ways possible to extend the magic. I too would have sat in the lobby until the last possible second - not silly at all!

By chance do you recall approximately how much cab fare was to the airport? While I have (knock on wood) never had a bad experience with Magical Express, I do often wonder about extending the magic by an hour and taking a cab or car service. If you do that, you can still check your bags at the resort, right?

So happy you are going back next month! Looking forward to seeing your souvenirs and hearing about your trip plans!

Wow, just read your last trip's Magical Express problem post and I have to say, I've never ever had to stop anywhere on the way to the airport! We always just fill up the bus with all the people from Pop Century and head to the airport. :confused3 (You watch, now this year I'll have a problem. :rotfl:) I can understand getting off and cabbing it though. I would have been panicking too (especially with an International flight.)
I'd be sad that this trip has come to an end, but I just can't be sad when I'm SO EXCITED to read all about your Disney pre-wedding planning trip! And of course the Disney wedding after that!

I loathe heights. So, yes, I hate even seeing pictures of those daredevil servers! I've never stopped to watch them for two reasons. 1) Makes me cringe, and 2) no doubt my kids would want to try that at home:scratchin.

LOVE the almond pretzel farewell!

The story of Wingnut's niece's cookies made me melt a little. You may not know this, but I have a bit of a soft spot for kids ;)...

ooooh! I am just bouncing off the walls with excitement for you guys right now (very late to the news, admittedly)!!!! Last I read, you had just gotten engaged, which is exciting enough. But a Disneymoon? And a DISNEY WEDDING? AND a trip beforehand?!?! That is just beyond wonderful. Plus, now the end of your trip report doesn't seem as sad, knowing what's to come! :)

Last time we went, we stayed at POFQ and loved it, so I know you'll have a great time in just a few weeks! Cannot wait to read along.

What a good idea taking a snack with you! I might have to ponder what to bring back with me. (other than gummies for dh)

I am aware that the phones in WS work. I have them in my contact list just so I can call them. :rotfl: Not randomly though... just when in disney (is that bad I am a bit of a prankster?:blush: - not in a mean evil way though, more in a "look someone is going in the booth, lets call and wish them a magical day" way) Also to call when I know a friend will be there to pick up on the other end. :goodvibes

I love your airplane food! It looks like something I want to try!

I did expect to see a schoolbread though lol!

Hahaha, I loooove calling the phonebooths in Epcot! It cracks me up while I'm hiding out near the Rose and Crowne watching unsuspecting people answer my phone call and have no idea how to react when I talk with a British accent and say my name is Pippen. :rotfl:

I enjoy the Almond Pretzel! Unfortunately, my heart lies with School Bread, so the Pretzel isn't often chosen by me, haha.

I've never had an issue with ME, though last time our bus stopped at BW and Caribbean Beach (after it picked us up at BC)... It wasn't so much the bus being a pain, but rather the PEOPLE on the bus holding us up!

This one family tried to insist we wait for their other family members who hadn't shown up... when it turned out the family took the wrong ME bus, as they were supposed to catch a different one 15 minutes later. They were annoying to say the least, and were delaying us getting to the dang airport.

I'm sad your trip is over BUT so excited for your PTR of course and then to hear all about your October trip! :yay:

You know, I always miss the Serveux Amusant, I'd really like to see it someday! I would be nervous he would fall the whole time though, it looks kind of scary! :faint:

I love that you bought a pretzel from Norway to take on the plane! I never thought of taking a snack from Disney home with me, I'll have to try that!

Going home from Disney is the worst! :sad: But at least you're going back next month! :banana:

I think anytime there is a wedding involved, you always go "there's only how many days left?!"

I will keep you in my thoughts and say "hopefully Stringbean gets to see Illuminations", over and over again.

It's so exciting that you guys have the pre-wedding planning stuff down already. I'm freaking out for you!

Serveux Amusant always freaks me out a little bit too. I'm so freaked out that he's going to fall down, even though I know he's a highly trained professional.....or Disney it just like "hey, he wants to do it, let him!" :rotfl:

Disney food on the plane is always a great choice.

Waaaahhhh, coming home to snow! That's just the worst.

Can't wait to hear final thoughts and most of all the Wedding Planning!

Great finale to the trip. I would have stayed inside and soaked up the Poly. :)

Nice to take some Disney magic on the plane home.

(I bet none of you saw THAT one coming…)
Nope, SHOCKED! :rotfl:

Am I the only person that is constantly cringing and wringing my hands and fighting back the urge to yell “get down from there!!”?
Well I don't want to yell at him but I can't watch, I get way to nervous! I feel like I'm going to be involved in some crazy YouTube video where someone gets injured. Must avert the eyes!

Yay for souvies and a PTR! :goodvibes

Sounds like an absolutely amazing trip. I'm interested in the wrap up. I'd love to hear your final thoughts on the Poly since I know you're an Epcot Resort gal.

Leaving is always so hard. I'm so glad that you have such wonderful Disney things to look forward to. :goodvibes

Yeah, the Poly was an interesting experience for us!

Aww thanks!!! :goodvibes

Awwww... The trip is over :worried: Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!! :thumbsup2 You are a wonderful writer! :worship: Can't wait for the wrap-up the Oct PTR and then the October trip report!!

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

First of all, NO... you are not the only person who is completely nervous the entire time during the French 'stunt' show. It drives me crazy!

Hahaha, I totally thought the pretzel looked like a face too!

Boo for returning home... but I'm so excited to hear about your future plans and the fact that your trip is NEXT MONTH!

Hahaha I always breathe a sigh of relief when he's back safely on the ground!!

I didn't even notice until I had put the picture up, like hey this pretzel has a lot of personality! :rotfl:

Unfortunately, I know they work only all too well and sometimes the person on the other end of the line is NOT feeling the Disney magic. :rolleyes1

Yes, I'm afraid you were wrong. :)

:rotfl2: Thanks for the laugh!

You are making me really depressed with that shot. Ugh - Disney sunshine to snow. BRRRRRRRRRR and yuck!

Loved youe final journey through the world showcase. Perfect snack for the journey home!

Can't wait to read your final thoughts and hear all about your Wedding Planning trip!

Hahaha I've never tried calling anyone that isn't related to me!!

LOL well it was worth a shot!! :lmao:

Ugh, I know, it was such a harsh reality weather change!! Thanks!!

Aww that final walk out of a theme park is always so depressing. Great idea to bring a Disney snack with you on the plane, I'll have to remember that for next trip!

I'm looking forward to seeing your souvenir wrap up, and of course hear more about wedding planning!

Thanks!!! I have to say, it helped a bit!!

That pretzel looks yummy!!!! And like it has a face ;)

Boo to the end of a trip, but at least you have another trip soon- and a wedding planning one to boot!!! :D

It was really good!! And cute too haha!

Ahhh.. one last trip around the world and then time to say see you later! I'm with you for the acrobat dude in France. I wonder if he's ever fallen off those chairs?? I think it's a work comp claim waiting to happen! :lmao:

So what exactly is inside the almond pretzel? It really looks amazing - seeing as how I am an almond fan it is definitely on my future snack list. :)

Love that you are going back NEXT month!!! :yay:

Hahaha he seems REALLY good at balancing on those chairs!!

There's no filling, it's just sweet pretzel with some sort of glaze and then a ton of almonds. It's very good!!

The almond pretzel is the perfect treat for the airplane.

No matter what I always experience the "We're not in Disney anymore" feeling.

So sad the trip is over but definitely looking forward to all the other posts -- souvenirs? Yes, please!

It is!! I was happy with my choice!!

Oh, so do I!! It's such a sad feeling!

He is amazing!

I would have chosen fifteen more minutes on the Poly grounds, too. ::yes::

One of my favorite snacks! :goodvibes

Sorry you had to leave. :sad: We try not to leave Disney property without our next trip being booked. It dulls the pain a little. ;)

I absolutely want to see souvenir pictures! :thumbsup2

He really is!!

I really liked the pretzel, I'm glad I gave it a try!!

Having a next trip booked really does help leaving for home. You know you have something fun to plan for!

You captured that last day feeling so well. One last walk around the World, looking for any ways possible to extend the magic. I too would have sat in the lobby until the last possible second - not silly at all!

By chance do you recall approximately how much cab fare was to the airport? While I have (knock on wood) never had a bad experience with Magical Express, I do often wonder about extending the magic by an hour and taking a cab or car service. If you do that, you can still check your bags at the resort, right?

So happy you are going back next month! Looking forward to seeing your souvenirs and hearing about your trip plans!

I really was dragging out the Disney of our trip as long as I could that day!

It's around $50 or so, plus tip. Wingnut and I honestly think it's worth it for the return back to the airport. Yes, you can still check your bags at the resort, which I love!!

Wow, just read your last trip's Magical Express problem post and I have to say, I've never ever had to stop anywhere on the way to the airport! We always just fill up the bus with all the people from Pop Century and head to the airport. :confused3 (You watch, now this year I'll have a problem. :rotfl:) I can understand getting off and cabbing it though. I would have been panicking too (especially with an International flight.)
I'd be sad that this trip has come to an end, but I just can't be sad when I'm SO EXCITED to read all about your Disney pre-wedding planning trip! And of course the Disney wedding after that!

I never thought we'd make THAT many stops!!! It was really ridiculous, and makes us hesitate to take the ME returning to the airport in the future.

Haha aww thank you!!!

I loathe heights. So, yes, I hate even seeing pictures of those daredevil servers! I've never stopped to watch them for two reasons. 1) Makes me cringe, and 2) no doubt my kids would want to try that at home:scratchin.

LOVE the almond pretzel farewell!

The story of Wingnut's niece's cookies made me melt a little. You may not know this, but I have a bit of a soft spot for kids ;)...

LOL yeah, you probably don't want to encourage that sort of thing!!!

Awww she was SO proud of them, it was a great way to end our trip!! :goodvibes

ooooh! I am just bouncing off the walls with excitement for you guys right now (very late to the news, admittedly)!!!! Last I read, you had just gotten engaged, which is exciting enough. But a Disneymoon? And a DISNEY WEDDING? AND a trip beforehand?!?! That is just beyond wonderful. Plus, now the end of your trip report doesn't seem as sad, knowing what's to come! :)

Last time we went, we stayed at POFQ and loved it, so I know you'll have a great time in just a few weeks! Cannot wait to read along.

Awww thank you!!!! :goodvibes

Yay I'm glad to hear that!!! We've never stayed there before!!

What a good idea taking a snack with you! I might have to ponder what to bring back with me. (other than gummies for dh)

I am aware that the phones in WS work. I have them in my contact list just so I can call them. :rotfl: Not randomly though... just when in disney (is that bad I am a bit of a prankster?:blush: - not in a mean evil way though, more in a "look someone is going in the booth, lets call and wish them a magical day" way) Also to call when I know a friend will be there to pick up on the other end. :goodvibes

I was very happy I had brought it along!!

Hahaha I don't think that makes you mean!! I have the numbers in my contacts list too!!! :thumbsup2

I love your airplane food! It looks like something I want to try!

I did expect to see a schoolbread though lol!

Thanks!! Hahaha I considered one, but didn't think it would hold up well without refrigeration!

Hahaha, I loooove calling the phonebooths in Epcot! It cracks me up while I'm hiding out near the Rose and Crowne watching unsuspecting people answer my phone call and have no idea how to react when I talk with a British accent and say my name is Pippen. :rotfl:

I enjoy the Almond Pretzel! Unfortunately, my heart lies with School Bread, so the Pretzel isn't often chosen by me, haha.

I've never had an issue with ME, though last time our bus stopped at BW and Caribbean Beach (after it picked us up at BC)... It wasn't so much the bus being a pain, but rather the PEOPLE on the bus holding us up!

This one family tried to insist we wait for their other family members who hadn't shown up... when it turned out the family took the wrong ME bus, as they were supposed to catch a different one 15 minutes later. They were annoying to say the least, and were delaying us getting to the dang airport.

I'm sad your trip is over BUT so excited for your PTR of course and then to hear all about your October trip! :yay:

Hahahaha that's hilarious how you call unsuspecting people from Rose & Crown!! I've never called strangers before!!

It's really good!! (Yes, the School Bread is probably just a BIT better, but the pretzel is a great choice!)

I'm not sure if that was just an isolated incident or what, but we'll see if we actually use ME both ways this time! Ugh, people can be so annoying!

You know, I always miss the Serveux Amusant, I'd really like to see it someday! I would be nervous he would fall the whole time though, it looks kind of scary! :faint:

I love that you bought a pretzel from Norway to take on the plane! I never thought of taking a snack from Disney home with me, I'll have to try that!

Going home from Disney is the worst! :sad: But at least you're going back next month! :banana:

Hahaha it's REALLY cool to watch, they're really impressive!! But I'm just a nervous person, I guess! :rotfl:

It really did make the plane ride home a bit more pleasant, I have to say!

I think anytime there is a wedding involved, you always go "there's only how many days left?!"

I will keep you in my thoughts and say "hopefully Stringbean gets to see Illuminations", over and over again.

It's so exciting that you guys have the pre-wedding planning stuff down already. I'm freaking out for you!

Serveux Amusant always freaks me out a little bit too. I'm so freaked out that he's going to fall down, even though I know he's a highly trained professional.....or Disney it just like "hey, he wants to do it, let him!" :rotfl:

Disney food on the plane is always a great choice.

Waaaahhhh, coming home to snow! That's just the worst.

Can't wait to hear final thoughts and most of all the Wedding Planning!

I agree...the days are FLYING by!! Awww thank you!!!

Hahahaha I'll go with "highly trained professional" there! I'm not sure Disney would just let random people scamper up stacks of chairs!! :rotfl:

It really was! I'm glad I brought something along! Ugh, yeah, the snow was not bad at all, but enough to remind us that we were definitely no longer in Disney!

Great finale to the trip. I would have stayed inside and soaked up the Poly. :)

Nice to take some Disney magic on the plane home.

Yeah, I knew DF wanted to get moving though, so it was fine to head off to the airport!

Nope, SHOCKED! :rotfl:

Well I don't want to yell at him but I can't watch, I get way to nervous! I feel like I'm going to be involved in some crazy YouTube video where someone gets injured. Must avert the eyes!

Yay for souvies and a PTR! :goodvibes

LOL :lmao:.

Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Everyone else always seems so calm watching the show!!

Stuff we bought:

One of the Animale Fantasticales (that's probably spelled COMPLETELY wrong) from Mexico.

I had originally REALLY wanted an adorable little porcupine guy, but I couldn't imagine how he would get home unscathed, so we got the crab. Then, as the CM was packing him up, he REMOVED THE LEGS AND CLAW and it totally dawned on me that that's how the porcupine is transportable too.

Moral of the story: There's a good chance our crab will have a porcupine friend after our next trip. :thumbsup2

Wingnut liked this elephant in the AKL gift shop:

My retro Epcot shirt:

I couldn't walk away without this one too:

And now onto the good stuff!

(Those were where our extra snack credits went to)

DF likes picking up different candies around Epcot to try.

He liked them all with the exception of the Crunchie (it had a honeycomb center) and the Troika (it had marzipan and raspberry, I ended up finishing that one).

Of course I had to replenish my stock of these:

Not sure that this counts as an actual souvenir - our uneaten cookie from WPE that I ate a few days later, still good!

A few gifts for people.

My replacement sunglasses (they broke a few days later, actually)

Things we thought:

It seems strange to summarize not only the trip, but this months-long TR in just one post. But I will. I can do this!

First, the trip, the basis of where this report came from! We had an absolutely wonderful trip, first with Wingnut not having to push me around in the wheelchair like the previous trip, but also we experienced so many new restaurants to us. We absolutely loved Artist Point, Citricos, California Grill, Sanaa, the list goes on and on. While the Polynesian probably won’t be at the top of our list of places we’d like to stay at again, we did enjoy aspects of it, such as the view of Wishes and the convenient transportation to and from the MK. But overall, we LOVE walking to Epcot from the Epcot area resorts, and that is probably the area we are looking to stay in during our honeymoon.

While the report obviously stems from the trip, it really does turn into something so much more, especially when it spans a few months in its timeframe. You guys have been there with me through all of our headlines during the past few seasons: when I lost my job, got a new job, and most notably, when Wingnut, the love of my life, and I got engaged. I am so lucky to have this forum here on the Dis filled with absolutely wonderful people where we can laugh, cry, and (of course!) be absolutely obsessed over Disney together. I am so happy that all of you even took the time to follow along with our crazy adventures. I mean it. You’re all awesome.

So what’s next for us? That’s an easy answer: wedding planning!! And of COURSE there will be a TR for our October trip!

There will probably be a few more posts here as we come nearer to our October trip. So really, this is like one of those awkward exchanges where we say goodbye, part, and then turn out to be taking the same path to the front door.

But I’m far from saying goodbye, this is definitely not a goodbye.

It’s more of a “see ya real soon…” pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter