AGLET – We're Gonna Tour The World Together! Updated 11/9!!!

Those Mine seagulls are awfully cute! Maybe the Disney merchandising gods will be smiling on you in October.

Wingnut is a Universe of Energy fan? That makes me smile -- I am glad someone loves it -- kind of like Connor and his Stitch's Great Escape.

We felt the same way about Le Cellier -- we were glad we ate there in 2010 and the food was good, but not quite what I was expecting from the hype.

Engagement pictures in Disney??? How perfect!!! I really need Chelsea to get married there in about ten or fifteen years!

I can see your pics! :cool1: And I'm so happy because I was pretty sure I missed an update and needed to go in search of it. Those pictures are lovely.

All of your meals sound wonderful and I am sure that all of your wedding planning will give you a whole new way to experience Disney. I can't wait to hear about all your final plans. So exciting!

Your plans sound great! I can't wait to hear more about the wedding and see the engagement photos!

Sounds like great plans for your planning trip. I'm sure you all will have a blast!

P.S. Don't forget to pack socks

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I am super behind, but I have started to log back into the Dis more often. So your TR is next on my list to catch up on. At least I can stay up to date on FB! Sheesh, when life gets in the way, it really puts me way behind on my assigned reading!

It will definitely be a bit different with the planning going on! We're eating at Sanaa too! Cannot wait! Where are you getting your engagement shots taken?

I just popped over from I don't remember who's TR where I'd seen your link. (I know)
Your TR is SO FUNNY!!!

I read a bunch of your dining reviews/experiences and all I can say is YUMMY!! Thanks for doing links to make it go so quickly too.

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!! What a lovely ring!! And a DISNEY wedding???? OH. MY. GOSH!!! Sounds fabulous!
When they announced those alfred angelo disney princess inspired gowns last year sometime, my DDs were picking out their gowns and planning their weddings. They are 9 and 11, so I've got time to save up!! Just need to find the perfect Disney-loving man like you have!!!

Awwwww! I'm enjoying the pre-wedding trip plans already! I can NOT WAIT to see engagement pictures from Epcot!! :lovestruc

Thanks!!! I can't wait for them either!!

Jam-packed wedding planning vacation, but it sounds exciting!!!!

Thanks!! I'm really excited for all of it!

Sounds like some good wedding planning!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I had to chuckle at your "hopefully see Illuminations" note.... that was me this last trip. You would think with 12 nights at WDW I could have fit it in and no, seeing it from my balcony at BLT miles away doesn't count!!! :rotfl2: At least you have a pretty good chance of seeing it after your La Hacienda dinner! :lmao:

Your upcoming planning trip sounds exciting - especially since it you will have your engagement photos done. :lovestruc

And please remember to pack socks. :rotfl: I needed a note to self to remember to pack band aids due to the socks that I forgot to pack for the slip on shoes (Sketchers) that I wore.... soooo next time note to myself will be PACK SOCKS!!!

Happy Saturday!

Hahaha awww I'm really hoping to see it at least one night!!! I'm sorry you didn't get to!

Thanks!! I'm excited for everything!

Oh no! Yes, socks are a definite must!

Yay for Disney wedding planning...sounds like your agenda is full, but fun! I hope you get to see Illuminations!

And don't forget to pack socks!! :rotfl:

Thanks!! I hope so too!!

Haha I won't! :thumbsup2

So fun to have engagement pictures in Disney World! :cool1:

I'm really excited for them! It sounds like fun!

Sounds like you will have a pretty busy trip. I have illuminations penciled in on a few nights as well. WE didn't see it last time so much this time!!

P.S. Don't forget the socks! lol!

We do have a busy trip!! Good luck seeing Illuminations too!!

Haha I'll try not to! :thumbsup2

Just finished reading your trip report and loved it! Congrats on the engagement! Wedding planning, especially Disney wedding planning, is so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about your planning meetings and food reviews :goodvibes

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Wedding planning AND Disney planning!!! How exciting!!!

Oh and on a side note I ALWAYS forget socks. Every single holiday.
I always end up making a trip to wallmart or wherever on the first night to stock up. :rotfl:

It really is exciting!! Hahaha I've never forgotten socks, but one time I did forget my toothbrush!

Love the "try to see Illuminations" plans. Seems as though the only night time show we ever manage to see is Wishes. :confused3

How awesome to get your engagement photos at Epcot! (nerd confession-I read your first TR the other night, so I feel as though I have a pretty good understanding of your love of Epcot now)

I really can't wait to hear about all of the planning! I love weddings!

I know you're in NJ-will you visit Kleinfelds to look at dresses? 'Cause I would love to hear about that too! :goodvibes

It used to be the other way around for us, but at the Poly we kept seeing Wishes!

Aww thanks!!! Yes, our love for Epcot definitely goes back!

I probably won't do Kleinfelds - as awesome as it would be to see Randy! - it seems a bit too overwhelming for me! There's a TON of places in NJ, actually!

Your plans sound great! :cool1: I can't wait to see your engagement pics, do you know where in Epcot you're doing them yet?

Thanks!! Not EXACTLY positive yet, but we do have a few countries in mind! (You can pick 2, or 3 if your time is running well - you get an hour for the photo shoot!)

The wedding stuff sounds so fun. I hope you get to see IllumiNations at least once!

I like all the random pictures thrown in, by the way. ;)

Thanks!! I hope so too!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Those Mine seagulls are awfully cute! Maybe the Disney merchandising gods will be smiling on you in October.

Wingnut is a Universe of Energy fan? That makes me smile -- I am glad someone loves it -- kind of like Connor and his Stitch's Great Escape.

We felt the same way about Le Cellier -- we were glad we ate there in 2010 and the food was good, but not quite what I was expecting from the hype.

Engagement pictures in Disney??? How perfect!!! I really need Chelsea to get married there in about ten or fifteen years!

Aren't they so cute?? I should have gotten them!

He is! Awww I wish I could love Stitch's ride, but I just can't! I do love Stitch though!

It really is just way too overhyped for its own good. It's not a bad restaurant, but not one that I would race back to either.

Thanks!! Awww I'd love to see what kind of wedding stuff Disney has then! They have SO much now!!

I can see your pics! :cool1: And I'm so happy because I was pretty sure I missed an update and needed to go in search of it. Those pictures are lovely.

All of your meals sound wonderful and I am sure that all of your wedding planning will give you a whole new way to experience Disney. I can't wait to hear about all your final plans. So exciting!

Yay!!! All still on Flickr, I wonder why they're temperamental for you?

Thanks!! It really will!

Your plans sound great! I can't wait to hear more about the wedding and see the engagement photos!

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Sounds like great plans for your planning trip. I'm sure you all will have a blast!

P.S. Don't forget to pack socks

Thanks!!! Haha I won't! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I am super behind, but I have started to log back into the Dis more often. So your TR is next on my list to catch up on. At least I can stay up to date on FB! Sheesh, when life gets in the way, it really puts me way behind on my assigned reading!

Welcome back!!! Awww no pressure about catching back up! I know I ramble a lot! :rotfl:

It will definitely be a bit different with the planning going on! We're eating at Sanaa too! Cannot wait! Where are you getting your engagement shots taken?

It really will be different! I hope you like Sanaa, we loved it there!!

Not positive yet about the engagement photo locations, but we do have a few countries in mind! (You can pick 2, or 3 if your time is running well - you get an hour for the photo shoot!)

I just popped over from I don't remember who's TR where I'd seen your link. (I know)
Your TR is SO FUNNY!!!

I read a bunch of your dining reviews/experiences and all I can say is YUMMY!! Thanks for doing links to make it go so quickly too.

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!! What a lovely ring!! And a DISNEY wedding???? OH. MY. GOSH!!! Sounds fabulous!
When they announced those alfred angelo disney princess inspired gowns last year sometime, my DDs were picking out their gowns and planning their weddings. They are 9 and 11, so I've got time to save up!! Just need to find the perfect Disney-loving man like you have!!!

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!! :goodvibes

Thank you!! Yes, I always like when TR's have links, they're very convenient! :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! :goodvibes Awww that's so cute that your daughters were already picking out their gowns!! Planning is definitely fun!! :yay:

An HOUR?!?!? :scared1: I'm a photographer and an hour goes really fast! I hope you have someone that really knows their stuff and can get you lots of great shots! :goodvibes I'm glad you liked Sanaa, I'm SO SO SO excited for it! It will basically be the first thing we do on the trip! Our flight arrives at 12:30 and we have a 3pm ADR!!! :cool1:

Whew, sounds like a busy wedding-related trip. At least you'll have plenty of moments where you can escape for a bit and enjoy the beauty of Disney. Makes all those hours in planning meetings more than worth it. :goodvibes

An HOUR?!?!? :scared1: I'm a photographer and an hour goes really fast! I hope you have someone that really knows their stuff and can get you lots of great shots! :goodvibes I'm glad you liked Sanaa, I'm SO SO SO excited for it! It will basically be the first thing we do on the trip! Our flight arrives at 12:30 and we have a 3pm ADR!!! :cool1:

Haha I'm not too worried about it! It's with Disney Photography, they have a ton of experience shooting in the parks, and I'm sure they know just what to do to get great shots!

That's a great way to start your trip!! :thumbsup2

Whew, sounds like a busy wedding-related trip. At least you'll have plenty of moments where you can escape for a bit and enjoy the beauty of Disney. Makes all those hours in planning meetings more than worth it. :goodvibes

We definitely still do have our parks time, which is great! But the meetings are about a fun topic, so I can't complain about them too much! :laughing:

After our lunch at Le Cellier, we still had a bit longer before we needed to head to the airport, so we, in typical us fashion, decided to take one last lap around the World Showcase.

(I bet none of you saw THAT one coming…)

You know these work, right?

I thought a picture from inside the booth would look cool.

I was wrong.

We then entered France, where the Serveux Amusant show was going on.

Am I the only person that is constantly cringing and wringing my hands and fighting back the urge to yell “get down from there!!”?

Of course, the show was wonderful and impressive as always, and we meandered on.

While we walked, I began to ponder what snack I should bring with me onto the plane (dual purpose, of course: to ward off those hunger grumpies, and to extend eating Disney food for as long as possible.) I wanted something that wouldn’t need to be refrigerated, and would be good and filling, and be as unique to Epcot/Disney as possible. I picked up a snack in Norway, and we made our way out of the World Showcase.

And then out of Future World.

Finally, yes, we leave Epcot, and went onto the monorail for the last time during our trip.

(Which calls for one last “MONORAIL!!!!”, don’t you think?)

We monorailed back to the TTC, and walked back along the path that we were now much more familiar with back to the Grand Ceremonial House.

The monorail track could use a wipe of a Magic Eraser.

We retrieved our carry-on bags from Bell Services, and it was around 15 minutes before we were planning to leave Disney, so I started to go back into the lobby of the Polynesian to soak in the ambience just a little bit longer.

Wingnut: Where are you going?
Me: Oh, I don’t know. Sit in the lobby for 15 minutes?
Wingnut: Let’s just head to the airport. Seems silly to sit here.
Me: Oh, fine. :(

I turned back around to the entrance of the Polynesian. Since we had had a less-than-magical experience on our previous trip using Magical Express to return to the airport, we had decided to take a cab and eliminate any potential stress.

Bye Disney. :sad:

I said my “see ya real soon”’s to the sign as we drove by, not realizing at the time that we’d be returning this year. (Next month!!!) With no bounceback offer booked, our next trip felt like it would be a longer time away.

We arrived at MCO, got to our gate, and waited a bit to leave, watching The Simpsons while we sat.

I also bought a bottle of water there, and Wingnut made fun of my apparently fancy water taste.

Ooh la la.

Soon enough, we were on the plane. I enjoyed my Disney snack partway through the flight: the Almond Pretzel from La Kringla. It tasted pretty much how I expected it to taste, which I don't mean as a bad thing at all. Slightly sweet, almondy, and good and filling - exactly what I had wanted.

(Random: my dad is allergic to almonds. I’m pretty sure just looking at this photo would make him itchy.)

I couldn't resist:

And then we were back in our home state. Wingnut’s dad picked us up (remember Wingnut’s car was still there?? That chapter was awhile ago!), and we visited his family briefly before heading back home.

(Adorable side note: our niece was there at the time, and had made slice-and-bake cookies with Cinderella’s slipper in them. I thought they were awesome, and she was thrilled that I couldn’t believe how she got the slipper into every cookie with her very impressive baking skills. ;) )

As we drove home, we noticed that it was lightly snowing outside.

“I bet it isn’t snowing in Disney,” I pouted.

We arrived home, and while the snow definitely wasn’t too bad, that “Wingnut, I don’t believe we’re in Disney any longer” feeling was pretty evident.

My car:

And with that, our magical trip came to its inevitable end. BUT there is still more to come: Souvenirs! A wrap-up! More PTR for our October trip! And much, much more! Stay tuned…

Sounds like an absolutely amazing trip. I'm interested in the wrap up. I'd love to hear your final thoughts on the Poly since I know you're an Epcot Resort gal.

Leaving is always so hard. I'm so glad that you have such wonderful Disney things to look forward to. :goodvibes

Awwww... The trip is over :worried: Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!! :thumbsup2 You are a wonderful writer! :worship: Can't wait for the wrap-up the Oct PTR and then the October trip report!!

First of all, NO... you are not the only person who is completely nervous the entire time during the French 'stunt' show. It drives me crazy!

Hahaha, I totally thought the pretzel looked like a face too!

Boo for returning home... but I'm so excited to hear about your future plans and the fact that your trip is NEXT MONTH!

Unfortunately, I know they work only all too well and sometimes the person on the other end of the line is NOT feeling the Disney magic. :rolleyes1

I thought a picture from inside the booth would look cool.

I was wrong.

Yes, I'm afraid you were wrong. :)

I also bought a bottle of water there, and Wingnut made fun of my apparently fancy water taste.

Ooh la la.

:rotfl2: Thanks for the laugh!

You are making me really depressed with that shot. Ugh - Disney sunshine to snow. BRRRRRRRRRR and yuck!

Loved youe final journey through the world showcase. Perfect snack for the journey home!

Can't wait to read your final thoughts and hear all about your Wedding Planning trip!

Aww that final walk out of a theme park is always so depressing. Great idea to bring a Disney snack with you on the plane, I'll have to remember that for next trip!

I'm looking forward to seeing your souvenir wrap up, and of course hear more about wedding planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter