Adults Who Play Video Games...

Over 50 and still playing. We have an X-Box 360 and Wii U. I have a high end racing cockpit setup for racing games and simulations. My Wife likes Skyrim, New Vegas, Bayonetta, Resident Evil etc. We have 2 big screen TVs in the garage lounge so one can play while the other watches television.

DH (36) plays quite a bit. I like to watch, and occasionally help him out. He just finished Pikmin 3 (twice), which was cute, but not as good as previous games.

Over 50 and still playing. We have an X-Box 360 and Wii U. I have a high end racing cockpit setup for racing games and simulations. My Wife likes Skyrim, New Vegas, Bayonetta, Resident Evil etc. We have 2 big screen TVs in the garage lounge so one can play while the other watches television.

Well that is super sweet! :thumbsup2

my father is in his 60s and still plays video games! lol mostly hockey, he's been a huge hockey fan all his life, but he plays some RP games once in a while, as well.

DH and i have the Wii system and we've played tons of games on it. since having my DS a few months ago that's slowed down considerable lol but yeah...we still love video games, too!

I play with the kids all the time. It really is something we can do together. Sure, some people frown on it. But a lot of kids and parents think it's neat I participate with my kids. I don't see being a video game tournament parent as any different than being a soccer parent when it boils down to it.

My surgeon & his interns couldn't stop laughing last January when they saw me playing my DS in bed. They teased me a lot! I'm 67. I play it because it makes me think.

OOOh. Next time I'm in the hospital, I'm bringing my DS.

45 year old husband and father of two. I've played since Pong, and haven't stopped yet. My wife, 43, also plays, along with our two kids. Everything from Wii Sports, to Lego games, to Skyrim, to Gears of War. The list goes on and on, LOL. We own all 3 major systems and plan on getting at least the PS4 this Christmas.

Once a gamer, always a gamer!!!! :goodvibes

DH (38) and I (41) are gamers. We played EQ1 for years and I only gave up when I got pregnant with DS and found that playing made me feel queasy. The EQNext announcement got us all exited about playing again so while we wait the 18+ months until it is released, we are playing DDO. :)

EQ is SO my wife and I back in the day. (45 and 43 now). We played EQ 1 back in it's prime ALL the time. So much so, we'd schedule work and weekends around it, LOL. When my wife became pregnant with our first child, time for it just started to slip away. We still game\gamed, but more stuff that was not so reliant on time, guilds etc. LOVED it though, and still miss sitting in the Freeport Tunnel hanging out and buying and selling. ;)

Now we game often, mainly consoles, with are now 11 and 5 year olds. Quality family time if you ask me. :rotfl:

Over 40 gamers here. DH and I each have our own XBox. He's currently playing Borderlands 2 and Saints Row. I'm playing Infinity, Skyrim and XCom.

DH (60) has been a gamer since the days of Pong and text based MUDs. I (45) started gaming with in 1999 when EQ was released. We tried WoW and hated it. We played EQ2 for a while and then LoTRO. We tried Rift and hated it.

Last month, we actually started playing EQ again. We are fortunate that our guild has remained strong through the decline of the game and several server merges. We are also still playing LoTRO and our guild in that game originated on our EQ server and has a presence in many MMOs.

We are looking forward to EQNext. The trailer looks amazing and the game play is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about groups breaking away from the trinity of healing/tanking/DPS.

I'm a geek and proud of it.

WOW!!! I was not expecting to get so many responses!! Glad to see so many of you keep the spirit of 8 & 16 bit alive still as well! And honestly amazed at all the different age ranges out there in the console and PC Gaming world! I must be hanging out with the wrong crowd! ;)

DH (40) and I (39)are avid WoW players, even let DDs7&5 create toons and do our farming at Sunsong Ranch :D
Message me if you want to team up; our 90s are Alliance, but I just made a nice lil undead rogue...

We also play Wii, have Disney Infinity all wrapped up for Xmas -- can't wait to try it! Ralph and Vanellope are being released in another month or 2...

Dh and I are both gamers in our 30s. We mostly play computer games, though we do have some console games we love.

I'm currently addicted to Crusader Kings
We are also going old school and playing through the Quest for Glory series together :rotfl:

I was an EQ addict back when it came out. We also played Dark Ages of Camelot pretty seriously before taking our turn with WoW. I haven't played WoW in years though. We also dabbled in Lotro and Rift, but those both wore off pretty quickly. I still really miss EQ, haven't found an MMO to fill that void since we left

I'm addicted to The Sims. I still play and create for the first game. My sister and I have been looking to buy some replacement wires for the SNES we have so that we can play Donkey Kong Country again. :thumbsup2

Mom and wife of 3 gamers (DS 10, DS 17, and DH 40). I have no problem with DH gaming, as he runs hot and cold with how much he plays. He likes Fall out, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, and Dishonored. He can go 1-2 months without playing anything, and then he can play for a week straight after work for 1 hour or so. We have 2 Xboxes and a Wii (and 3 Nintendo DS's). One Xbox is in our bedroom- crazy I know, but he is a night owl and I like to sleep, so at least we are still together when he plays!! He hates co-op games so he does not play on LIVE on Xbox, unlike DS 17. DH plays maybe like 2 hours a week, but if he gets a bug up his butt will play from 10 pm- 1 am-ish or until I tell him to go to bed :) His nighttime jaunts like that last for only a week or 2, then he stops playing for a month or so. DS's play more than him.

DH and I are both 35, and both gamers. My primary game currently is Diablo 3, though I'm looking for another game to start playing soon. DH is the bigger gamer, plays Fifa and Assasin's Creed on our PS3 and is on Steam on the console with more games than I care to think about.

We are looking forward to EQNext. The trailer looks amazing and the game play is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about groups breaking away from the trinity of healing/tanking/DPS.

I'm a geek and proud of it.

I am keeping an eye on EQNext. I played original EQ for 8-10 years. I was a part of the top guild on our server which was a top 5 guild game wise. Grad school really cut into my play time so I quit.

I am a 31 year old female who games. Not just video games, but also table top role playing and Magic: The Gathering. I also have a Guild Wars 2 account active. Right now I am not actively playing much besides Disney Infinity due to the fact that most of my games are packed for an upcoming move. Mostly I enjoy RPGs, Strategy RPGS, and the like. I want a story before anything else.

I just turned 40 and I love video games. So does my 43 year old DH. I play the Wii U and Xbox with my kids. Instead of board game nights, we have video game nights where we'll play different multiplayer games like Rio or Disney Think Fast or Guilty Party. Personally, I like the Lego games like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. I also like the Professor Layton games for the DS. After the kids go to bed, DH and I sometimes play the Lego games or Skylanders together.

Lately I've been hooked on Animal Crossing New Leaf. I love that game! I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but after watching my kids have so much fun playing ACNL together, I went out and bought a 3DS and the game for myself. Then DH felt left out so he bought a system and the game. Thank goodness for Viggle, Shopkick, and Best Buy rewards! So now all 4 of us have our own 3DS and our own Animal Crossing game. I do admit, though, that I have no regrets. We have had a lot of fun playing the game together, visiting each other's towns, making trades and playing mini-games together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter