AAA - 2013 Rates (We just booked!)

Just called this morning requested AAA discount.

Art of Animation-standard room

9 nights-March 8-17

$1488.40

Not impressed enough to book.

AAA discounts usually do not apply to the Easter and Christmas holiday periods.

What about the black out dates in October ? We are going to arrive on Oct. 14th which is blacked out for the free dining. So I just wondered if it is blacked out for all discounts.

What about the black out dates in October ? We are going to arrive on Oct. 14th which is blacked out for the free dining. So I just wondered if it is blacked out for all discounts.

I went last October during one of the black out periods and still was able to obtain an AAA discount on a room at POFQ. The discount was about 15% off the rack rates. There's only a limited number of AAA discounts offered at each resort and sometimes they sell out quickly. It never hurts to call Disney and ask if a discount is available for your dates.

I just booked Coronado for 6 nights (including Marathon weekend) for $1453.32 - 4 adults - preferred room. From what I can tell, I believe the e-mailed confirmation includes sales tax (????) in which case it was a big savings over the $1583 regular rate plus tax. (Not sure I calculated everything right but it is at least definitely less!)

I went last October during one of the black out periods and still was able to obtain an AAA discount on a room at POFQ. The discount was about 15% off the rack rates. There's only a limited number of AAA discounts offered at each resort and sometimes they sell out quickly. It never hurts to call Disney and ask if a discount is available for your dates.

Thank you, I currently do not have AAA but, I have had it in the past. I'm thinking of maybe getting it again.

Thank you, I currently do not have AAA but, I have had it in the past. I'm thinking of maybe getting it again.

I would call Disney and find out if they still have AAA discounts for your resort and dates before joining. I usually make my reservations at least 10 months out to be sure I can obtain the discount.

Will they let you do a AAA discount on Disney's blackout dates ?

This last April we got a AAA discount during the Easter break, which was blacked out by disney. Even though the discount was not much, we were pleased that the resorts we stayed at were so empty given the black-out that we were upgraded at both resorts!

Just book with my AAA girl for a week at Caribbean Beach 2/10/13 to 2/16/13 She a Disney Expert! But only got AAA discount of 2.62% Were hoping for some dining specials to come out next month. What are my chances?

TJA said:
This last April we got a AAA discount during the Easter break, which was blacked out by disney. Even though the discount was not much, we were pleased that the resorts we stayed at were so empty given the black-out that we were upgraded at both resorts!

I just booked April 6-13, 2013. It is around Easter but it is not the week directly before or directly after Easter. We only got about an 8% discount with AAA room only.

crazy4wdw said:
I would call Disney and find out if they still have AAA discounts for your resort and dates before joining. I usually make my reservations at least 10 months out to be sure I can obtain the discount.

I agree with this. You can go ahead and book the room with the AAA discount with out the membership they won't ask for the number when you book just when you check in.

I agree with this. You can go ahead and book the room with the AAA discount with out the membership they won't ask for the number when you book just when you check in.
They did take my number for the discount and I just booked last weekend.

dd53 said:
They did take my number for the discount and I just booked last weekend.

I guess it depends on the CM. I have never been asked for my number when reserving through WDW reservations.

That has not been my experience with Disney CRO. I've booked AAA discounts with Disney for the last three years (October) and they've always asked for my membership # and expiration date. However they've never asked to see the membership card at check-in.

I guess it depends on the CM. I have never been asked for my number when reserving through WDW reservations.

:thumbsup2You hit the nail on the head! It depends on the CM.

I have had it happen both ways in the past. Most recently, which was last Saturday (July 14), I was NOT asked for my #. I had it ready anyway... just in case.:upsidedow

I did not need my number but they said I would HAVE to show the card at check-in. I was surprised they didn't take it.

Figured out my discount was basically in the neighborhood of 10% if you go with final end price. Very happy with that. Especially since Marathon weekend so I doubt Disney will offer up anything.

Another one that has always had to provide the AAA # to CM when making, or applying that discount to our reservation. Seemed always straight forward to me that it was required, unlike AP discount.

Just my experience. :goodvibes

I checked on a reservation for October 2013. AAA discount for the Contemporary or Beach Club was 10%, POFQ or POR was 15%.

The CM did ask for my AAA membership # but not expiration date this time.

I can't believe I booked a room for 2013 this far out!

So crazy; I booked last Friday and the CM did not ask for my AAA number. I assumed they would and had dug it out of my wallet before I called.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter