AAA - 2013 Rates (We just booked!)

I just booked room only at POR this morning for Jan 2013 and think it was 20% off. Rack rate was $171 & AAA rate was $137 :cool1:

Which one is the bigger discount, AAA or AP?

In the past I would have said AP but lately either there was no AP discount available or it was about the same or less than the AAA rate. Mind you lately we have been at the Fort Wilderness campground where discounts are always small if there are any at all. I think it might depend on what type resort you want. Also keep in mind sometimes the discount may only apply to certain room/site types.

Thanks for this! There was a healthy discount through AAA for our Poly room (existing reservation), but we ended up switching to a 1 BR at BLT. The difference was pretty small, and I thought it was probably worth it since we will appreciate a separate room and washer/dryer since we will be visiting with our infant and 5 year old. Bonus - shortest call to Disney reservations ever. According to my phone, I was on for a total of 14 minutes and some seconds, including the wait at the beginning, taking the survey at the end, and putting Chapman, the cast member, on hold while my husband and I talked over making the change. Definitely a pleasant calling experience! If any additional discount is released from Disney, that will be gravy. We are very happy with the rate.

booked AOA with AAA for April vacation

Check in : Saturday April 13, 2013

Check out : Saturday April 20, 2013
7 Nights / 8 days
2 Adults
1 Junior - age 11
1 Child - age 9
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Little Mermaid Standard Room
2 Double Beds

Total Discounted Price: $943.68* including tax

Non-Discounted Price: $1,048.51
You are saving $104.83!

Glad everyone is having some luck with the AAA rates! We booked 10 days at the Polynesian and I subtracted the quoted price after the room only deposit from the remaining balance after the discount was applied.

we have AAA also and am thinking of doing a room only and then getting tickets through UT....what resort did you book?

We are going to do almost the same thing. I am getting tickets at my local AAA office so this way I pick up one of the AAA parking passes. I highly recommend this because the parking is AWESOME! I was able to get one in 2010 without a package hopefully I can still do this.
I called and got room only at POFQ with my AAA rate this morning it only saved us like 140 bucks but until something better comes along it is better than no discount:thumbsup2
I'm so excited!

would the AAA rate on tickets be better than UT ? what type tickets did you get? We are looking at 4 day tickets with hopping and water park... hoping for a better room discount!!!:hyper:

I have AAA but I've never used the discount because of other discounts offered throught WDW. Do I just call the regular WDW number and modify my reservation or did it need to be booked through AAA? Booked today online via the WDW website. Thanks!

You can book AAA rate through disney directly or with your AAA agent. I prefer to use Disney directly.

I just booked and got 10% off of my Royal Guest Room at POR. I'm not complaining, better than nothing! =]

I just booked at Poly for the end of January and got 15% off. Still hoping some better RO discounts or FD come out for then, but I figured I would go ahead and book my room with AAA before those run out because we are going one way or another! :banana:

Just wondering before I call. If a general public offer comes out and is better than the aaa can you apply the better offer after you've already booked with the aaa discount?

Just wondering before I call. If a general public offer comes out and is better than the aaa can you apply the better offer after you've already booked with the aaa discount?

Yes, you just have to call Disney and have them apply the public rate instead. Of course rooms are limited, so your particular room/resort may not be available. I've booked a AAA rate for my trip and am hoping something better comes along. Something is better than nothing.

Yes, you can. I typically book with the AAA discount with the hopes that a better offer will come along. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't but at least I have some type of discount. For my October trip, looks the AAA discount is all that I'm going to get. The recent free dining offer was not avaliable for POR, at least for my dates.

I booked the Poly for the end of March and got about 10% off. Thrilled to get the discount but surprised. In all the years we've been visiting and getting a AAA discount, I have never been asked for the actual AAA number on the phone. Usually I just have to show it at check-in.

After reading this thread I called Disney to price room only with the AAA discount and it was 10% off for our May 31-June 8 dates for woods view at Wilderness Lodge. Savings was $318
I happen to get a really chatty CM and after talking for a few minutes his exact words were "I wouldn't bother with AAA because Disney will come out with something to beat that by the time you go".
Of course my reply was Disney offers no guarantees so saving $318 beats nothing at all. He said "true but I have been here 10 years now and we always offer something".
Before we hung up he told me about a recent staff meeting where they were told once again that Disney would be getting away from free dining and then they turned around and announced the latest free dining offer. He was really laughing at that. He said it was just too popular for them to stop it.
I didn't mention that I had already booked a package a couple of days ago and he didn't seem to see it on his computer.
I just thought I would share my experience. ;)

Carla

This is actually the first time I have used my AAA discount on a Disney reservation. The CM I spoke to today said that I couldn't purchase the dining plan when I was using a AAA room discount. Is that correct? I know when I have booked with a Disney room discount, I was still able to add a ticket/dining package (at full price), so I was surprised when the CM said I couldn't add dining with the AAA discount.

Is that info correct, or was this a case of a CM who didn't have the right answer? I've crunched the numbers, and even with the increased prices, we still save a bit of money with the dining plan, so I hate to not have that option.

Still keeping my fingers crosses for FD or RO discounts, so hopefully my question is moot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter