AAA - 2013 Rates (We just booked!)

You can only get the dining plan if you have a a package, which means room+tickets. If you have that, you should be able to add dining thru AAA easily. If you have a room only AAA reservation, they would have to book you a package instead to add dining.

Edited: you can only book a AAA package with AAA, not thru Disney yourself. That's why the CM said what she did. Room only AAA rate you can book yourself.

Just booked our split stay trip for next June! Saved 10% on our 2 standard view views at POR and saved 15% on our 2 GV rooms at BC! Saved $683 with AAA!

luvdmouse said:
I booked the Poly for the end of March and got about 10% off. Thrilled to get the discount but surprised. In all the years we've been visiting and getting a AAA discount, I have never been asked for the actual AAA number on the phone. Usually I just have to show it at check-in.

Wow! I'm just a bit disappointed by this. My trip is early March, and I was hoping for a little more than a 10% AAA discount. Peak season + a deluxe resort should = a deeper discount IMHO. Do they give the deeper discount during value season or what?

Wow! I'm just a bit disappointed by this. My trip is early March, and I was hoping for a little more than a 10% AAA discount. Peak season + a deluxe resort should = a deeper discount IMHO. Do they give the deeper discount during value season or what?

Peak season and popularity of resorts (not level of resort) drive discounts. So you will find less discounts during peak seasons, not more. And if it's a popular resort, the same. Your theory actually has it backwards.

I just tried to get a aaa rate applied to a room only reservation for January but the cm I spoke to said they weren't out yet. I am so confused was she wrong???

I just tried to get a aaa rate applied to a room only reservation for January but the cm I spoke to said they weren't out yet. I am so confused was she wrong???

My cm also said that at first, but then said "let me try anyways" and then he found it and applied the discount. I'd call again.

newbie2013 said:

Definitely the cm is wrong. I just booked a stay in March with a AAA discount. Try again.

I just tried again but the cm now said the room we want isn't available. She also said the rates came out on thurs but I see from the boards that many booked them on wednesday - I called wednesday too - how come I keep getting cm's who don't seem to k ow what they r doing???? She also said to book through aaa but I know they can't get the room I have .... Why can't they take over the reservation? Who knew I needed an advanced degree in Disney trip planning to plan this trip
THis is really putting me off this trip ....

vicki_c said:
Peak season and popularity of resorts (not level of resort) drive discounts. So you will find less discounts during peak seasons, not more. And if it's a popular resort, the same. Your theory actually has it backwards.

I see ... Don't have to like it, but I do follow you.

Anyway... Just booked a stay for March. I was originally planning to stay at WL, but I chose to save the money and booked CSR (water view) for 10 nights beginning March 6th. I saved $273. Not as much as I would have liked, but it will do until Disney can help me do better.

I had a AAA rate applied to my rm only at POP when I called yesterday. It was 10% Jan 2-Jan. 7. We will arrive on Jan 1, but no discount for that date.

Does it matter what membership level you are on for a certain discount? We are looking to book for May 2013 at either POR or POFQ. Will it make a difference on the amount of discount between the two?

newbie2013 said:
I just tried again but the cm now said the room we want isn't available. She also said the rates came out on thurs but I see from the boards that many booked them on wednesday - I called wednesday too - how come I keep getting cm's who don't seem to k ow what they r doing???? She also said to book through aaa but I know they can't get the room I have .... Why can't they take over the reservation? Who knew I needed an advanced degree in Disney trip planning to plan this trip
THis is really putting me off this trip ....

I believe there is only a certain number of rooms designated for room only AAA rates at each resort and once they are gone they are gone. I do not know if this is the same for AAA packages.

You can only get the dining plan if you have a a package, which means room+tickets. If you have that, you should be able to add dining thru AAA easily. If you have a room only AAA reservation, they would have to book you a package instead to add dining.

Edited: you can only book a AAA package with AAA, not thru Disney yourself. That's why the CM said what she did. Room only AAA rate you can book yourself.
I understand about needing to buy a package, but seemed odd that I couldn't make it a package when booking directly through Disney (which you can do if you're booking a room-only discount through Disney).

So just to be clear -- if I book through AAA directly, I can make it a package and add tickets/dining plan? I generally prefer booking directly through Disney just for ease of making changes later, but I guess I can do that if it means I can still get the dining plan.

I understand about needing to buy a package, but seemed odd that I couldn't make it a package when booking directly through Disney (which you can do if you're booking a room-only discount through Disney).

So just to be clear -- if I book through AAA directly, I can make it a package and add tickets/dining plan? I generally prefer booking directly through Disney just for ease of making changes later, but I guess I can do that if it means I can still get the dining plan.

I don't think my original post & edit were that clear, so let me try to be clearer:

- you can book a AAA rate room yourself through Disney (or through AAA of course)
- you can only book a AAA package through AAA.

And you have to have a package of some kind (AAA or Disney) to get a dining plan.

Can someone help me please - I am looking for the page of rack prices for 2013, does anyone know where I can view these prices for all resorts? :confused3

Many Thanks

Can someone help me please - I am looking for the page of rack prices for 2013, does anyone know where I can view these prices for all resorts? :confused3

Many Thanks

Usually mousesavers has the rack rates listed for all of the resorts. Right now, they still only have the 2012 rates. I'm sure it will take them a while to get the 2013 rates posted.

I just waited over30 minutes to apply discount to February room reservation at POR. she said it was a 10% discount but I realized after I got off the phone it was more like 5%! Anyone call for a AAA discount recently at POR. If so, what rate did you get?

Update: I called back and spoke to another CM. Seems like this IS my discount and it works out to 5%. No discount for Saturday and Sunday February 16 & 17 and 5% off the 18th through the 21st.... My DH and I don't usually go this time of the year but this trip will a first mother-daughter trip and my daughter is a high school teacher and this is when she has off.

I booked POR for April 13-20th 7 nts....1,537.00. BUT with the AAA discount it came to 1,383.14. difference of $153.86.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter