A Vacation From My Problems (A Sept. 2010 Trip Report) - COMPLETED 12/14

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That's the second time I've gotten a DISDad to fix their siggie/link! Oh the power!!!! :woohoo:

Ah ha...I see thru your plan...thinking I'll go back and mis s-p-l it again...but no I'm no one's puppet...I shall leave it s-p-l-d correctly!!!

he did???:lmao: im a spelling major myself.:lmao:

Hmmm.... let me check out your siggie too, I'm on a roll.

Well, if I didn't already have plans tonight, I'd DISign the medal myself. Something like:

trnnr: The wun end ohnlee champeeun of Bevrlee Madnuss!!

Well, if I didn't already have plans tonight, I'd DISign the medal myself. Something like:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Congrats to trennr!! That was, by far, my favorite Beverly quote!

FYI--my family just went to World of Coca-Cola on Tuesday and my daughter was trying to get everyone to drink Beverly. No buyers this time. She did get some of her classmates earlier in the year when they went there for a field trip.

And dang work! I was so busy yesterday that I don't think I even got a chance to look on here. I may have to rethink this whole work thing if it's going to start limiting my internet time.

:lmao:

I'm glad to see everyone on board with the winner!

How is the World of Coca-Cola? If we ever get to Atlanta, we're interested in seeing it. And I'm shocked! Shocked! That no one wanted to try Beverly.

Good Morning, Mark. Just checking in to see what yuks can be had today. And lo and behold, it just doesn't get any better than "dogs licking their butts". :lmao: Congrats trennr!!!:thumbsup2

More approval! Excellent. (twiddling fingers)

Hmmmm... looks like I called that one! Perhaps I should get a point for that! :lmao::lmao:

Seriously, congrats, Nate!:thumbsup2 DW thought it was crude... but I still laugh ever time I read it.:lmao:

Crude?! She's not trying to inject class into this TR, is she? I think we've well established that we're not above anything here.

makes one think...

Does the Dog lick his butt because...?

a] He's trying to get rid of the taste of Beverly.
b] It reminds him of the taste of Beverly.

This is part of the reason you won. It's so versatile! :thumbsup2

Except he spelled "CaptAIn" wrong!!! Ha! Is Dan's creative technique rubbing off on him?? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

did i pass???:yay::yay:

Current Standings After 14 Entries and the Beverly Slogan Contest

FreezinRafiki 27.5
Trennr 27
Glennbo123 25.5
That's Nice 14
Afwdwfan 10.5
Marvali 10
MissLiz 6
Mom3sonstt 5
Middlepat 5
Goofy+3 3
Melk 3
Belle_princess 2
Pennylane1084 2
Wherem I Now 2
LegoMan3 1
jedijill 1
Flossbolna 1
Emma's Dad 1
3timesmom 1
sara98629 1*

World of Coca-Cola is fun, but it's definitely something that you can do in a couple hours. It's a lot of memorabilia and a couple short movies. The tasting room is like Club Cool....only larger. They have the drinks split by continent and there are more choices. We move pretty quickly through the memorabilia, but the movies are cute. The first one is like an extended commercial but it's animated and our favorite. The second movie is 4-D, but it doesn't come anywhere near Disney standards, so it's a bit of a let down.

We are so Disney-spoiled! :lmao:

It's right across from the Georgia Aquarium, so we usually do those together since we don't usually make the trek into the city without planning to spend the whole day there.

I asked Sarah and Dave if either of them wanted to try Rock 'n Roller Coaster, and they both declined. I have still never tried that one. One of these days, I'll get on it.

We worked our way over to the 50's Prime Time Cafe for our dinner ADR. Julie and Scotty were also on their way after meeting some more Playhouse Disney characters. As they walked, they took a few pictures on the way. Here Scotty runs free through the deserted streets of New York.

My name is Scott. I am a survivor living in New York City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the South Street Seaport everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.

IMG_5307.JPG

And here he did his pose on the Return of the Jedi speeder. I'm trying to come up with a way to describe the look on his face. The only phrase I can come up with is "intensely constipated".

IMG_5312.JPG

Eventually, Julie and Scotty found us and we all piled inside:

IMG_5316.JPG

It didn't take long before they were calling the kids in for dinner. Then we realized they meant all of us. Obviously, this was our first time eating here.

Sarah had heard about this place's reputation from us and was really looking forward to eating there. More specifically, she was looking foward to seeing Daddy get in trouble. I don't think she really cared about the food.

Our server (forgot her name, sorry) made us set the table and set us straight on the house rules: no hats at the table, no elbows on the table, eat your vegetables, and no whining. We all immediately removed our hats and were on our best behavior the rest of the night.

IMG_5322.JPG

To Sarah's delight, I got busted for having my elbows on the table before I even got my order in. Despite our frugality, we went above and beyond the dining plan by getting beer-battered onion rings as an appetizer. This was a good call--warm, crispy, perfectly fried. Great way to start the meal. Julie tried the meatloaf (which she liked) and I ordered the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. The server graciously allowed me to substitute corn for the Southern collard greens, which I'm pretty sure is just a fancy term for seaweed. You might disagree, but take another look at its appearance and texture. Maybe I'm onto something here.

Julie got worried when she received her plate. Apparently some joker in the kitchen decided to empty an entire can of green beans on her plate. The meatloaf looked like a side dish. She worried she wasn't going to be able to eat them all and would get in trouble. I assured her she'd be fine (and secretly hoped she'd get in trouble).

The server busted me for elbows on the table again. Sarah giggled. Then Scotty got busted for putting his hat back on. He turned white, and quickly tossed it to the seat. Julie asked for clarification on the vegetable issue and the server said that instead of finishing all of the beans, she had to see "significant progress." How come we get busted for minor offenses and Julie gets off the hook? She was adrift in the sheltered harbor of the server's patience. Booo.

Anyway, my fried chicken was absolutely perfectly done. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Mashed potatoes and corn were great, too. This meal and the experience were a winner. The server checked both my plate and Julie's and declare that we'd nailed 'em both and were eligible for dessert. Here, Julie checks out the dessert menu:

IMG_5325.JPG

I looked at it too, but apparently somebody switched the dessert menu with the top-secret plans for the 5th theme park at Disney World.

IMG_5328.JPG

I could tell you what I saw, but it's off the record. On the QT. And strictly hush-hush.

We both got Dad's brownie sundae, which was two brownie pieces with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel and chocolate sauces, M&M's, and caramel corn. Yes, caramel corn.

Our server seemed to get more energy as the night went on. A dad at the next table wouldn't eat his seaweed, so she had the whole room make airplane noises as she fed him. Another woman had to stand with her nose holding a sugar packet to the wall for some un-named offense. And when they asked the server to take their picture, she had them making bunny ears and goofy faces before turning around and taking pictures of their "cousins" sitting at all of the other tables. I tried whining about the bill and asking who ordered all the dumb vegetables, but didn't get in much trouble. She just said, "Geez Louise, quit whining!"

The 50's Prime Time Cafe gets two thumbs up from us. Loved the food, loved the experience. We'll be back.

As we left, Dave and I put our caps back on our heads. Scotty, bless his heart, didn't want to get in trouble again. So he carried his hat the whole way out the door until he was outside. Then he wore it proudly.

The park was closing down for the night, so we wandered back to the main entrance. I love the way the Old Hollywood streets are lit up at night with all of the neon. We also had a nice sunset/dusk light, so we took a few pictures. The combination of neon and sunset just caught our eye.

IMG_5338.JPG

IMG_5339.JPG

This was one of our favorites of the whole trip, thanks to Julie's lovely eye for composition:

IMG_5342.JPG

And finally, here's a bonus night-time POR shot. It was almost perfect, except for being slightly blurry due to being hand-held.

IMG_5355.JPG

Coming Up Next: The start of the Best. Day. Ever. We also attempt to save the world.

My name is Scott, I am a survivor living in New York City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. blah blah blah = I Am Legend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter