• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Quick Holiday Miracle - An All Girls Trip - Dec/12 *REVIEWS finally up! 03/30*

so you didn't make your ressie, but you were able to sit anyways!!! Yay!!! I've never been to the Wave, but it looks nice.

You got it! Considering our plane was delayed by over a half an hour, and we had to wait another almost 30 minutes for a DME bus, I think that we did pretty good! lol

All caught up! Ugh on being kicked for 3 hours. No one likes that and then a major bummer on just missing the bus. It's definitely turned around with a ready room, requested location and still making it for lunch. I really like the Wave and it seems that it is one of the few places you probably could walk in and still get seated no matter what, a little hidden gem.

Yes, it was a bit of a bumpy start, but things got on the right track pretty quickly once we got there. I agree about the Wave being a hidden gem.

I'm here (found the link in your siggy in my TR); back later after I catch up.

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I love the Wave! It's so neat eating there because I remember what used to be there before it was a restaurant! It was a food court and arcade!

Good point - that is interesting! This was our first time at the Wave, but I highly doubt that it will be the last!

Everyone got there... let the games begin...:cool1:

Agree on the Wave... had great meal there... not sure how many people know it's there?...:confused3

Yes, finally we were there and ready to let the vacation begin! We booked our reservations really late because this was a last minute trip, but there were still quite a few spots open at the Wave. I like that it isn't overly busy! Let's all try to keep it a secret!

Okay, Krysten, I'm back and all caught up.

First, I'm sorry on the loss of your baby. :hug:

I love the intros and so happy that you stayed at CSR. As you know from my TR, we were there the week before you...but we got stuck with the Pop Warner people; luckily, they left before you got there. We have now stayed at the CSR ten times and it is still in our top three resorts.

Like your array of dining choices; well, I'll be honest--all except one (we ate at H&V twice and we'll never go back :sick: The Plaza is a must do for us...always our last meal of our trip; we've not tried The Wave...I've read mixed reviews of it (although I've read very good reviews of breakfast). I have the Grand Floridican Cafe on our list for next year; DH hates the Grand Floridian, but I think I've convinced him to at least go here to eat.

Scarlett is just too darn cute for words.

Did you complain about how cold your hotel room was? That's crazy that you had to sit in coats.

I would have been all over that father whether he was really sleeping or fake sleeping. There is no excuse for 3 hours of kicking.

:banana::banana::banana: you arrived. I'm glad you got your request of Cabanas 9B...that is awesome.

It's good they were able to accommodate you for your lunch even though you were a little late.

Can't wait to read more.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry that you had an issue with the PW kids, it was pretty quiet for us when we were there. I liked the resort, but it isn't my favourite. The GF is my favourite - I cannot believe that your DH doesn't like it :rotfl: We didn't complain about our cold room - it was one quick night so we just turned the heat on as much as we could and got under the covers lol We were glad that our room requests and lunch worked out!

Caught up! What a great, multi-generational all-girls trip! I am loving it!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad that we got to take this trip. My grandma keeps saying "This trip could be my last" - and then I tell her not to speak that way :rotfl:

I skipped over via your link on my TR! So, far I am very much enjoying this PTR & TR!

Sorry you didn't get the opportunity to hold your baby in your arms, but I'm sure you will always hold him/her in your heart. I believe tough times make us more gentle. Hope you're gentle enough & this coming year will only bring you smiles.

As far as your PTR Very nice to meet you all.

I'm into your TR now. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the Wave, we keep meaning to eat there, but end up going elsewhere.

I like to try to squeeze in something new with each trip also. But, I seldom get as many as you are in this trip!

Thanks for joining in and for the kind words. You should definitely try to make it to the Wave at some point - we all really enjoyed it. I don't usually get in quite so many new things, it just sort of worked out that way on this trip!

Loving your TR so far! We were there the same time as you too! We got there the early AM on the 13th and left the night of the 16th - we stayed at the GF and came from Buffalo, NY. I TOTALLY agree with you about the MME lines, they were beyond crazy unlike I'd seen before!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in and commenting. How cool that you were there the same time as us and even left from the same airport - I might have seen you there! The GF is my favourite resort ever - it has always held a special place in my heart and I cannot wait to get back there. Are you doing a report?

Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry that you had an issue with the PW kids, it was pretty quiet for us when we were there. I liked the resort, but it isn't my favourite. The GF is my favourite - I cannot believe that your DH doesn't like it :rotfl: We didn't complain about our cold room - it was one quick night so we just turned the heat on as much as we could and got under the covers lol We were glad that our room requests and lunch worked

In with DH....don't like the GF either and have no desire to stay there (it all goes back to when we first visited when they first opened). But this is first time I could even get him to walk in....and it was only to see Christmas decorations. But I've convinced him to try GF Cafe.:goodvibes

In with DH....don't like the GF either and have no desire to stay there (it all goes back to when we first visited when they first opened). But this is first time I could even get him to walk in....and it was only to see Christmas decorations. But I've convinced him to try GF Cafe.:goodvibes

That's good that you've convinced him, it really is a great meal. Just like any other resort, the GF isn't for everyone. I'm sorry you had a bad experience there.

That's good that you've convinced him, it really is a great meal. Just like any other resort, the GF isn't for everyone. I'm sorry you had a bad experience there.

I agree; we did not stay there, but we had some very snooty CM's we dealt with and everyone was staring at us when our youngest son, who was extremely overtired, was crying his eyes out...you'd think I was beating him. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Now, if someone offered me a free stay there, I don't think I'd turn it down. ;)

Joining in !! Enjoying your TR so far. Looking forward to reading more !!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in and commenting!

I agree; we did not stay there, but we had some very snooty CM's we dealt with and everyone was staring at us when our youngest son, who was extremely overtired, was crying his eyes out...you'd think I was beating him. :lmao::lmao::lmao: Now, if someone offered me a free stay there, I don't think I'd turn it down. ;)

That's really too bad. People should keep their looks to themselves, it is very common for children to be tired and cry at WDW. I wish that someone would offer me a free trip to the GF!

Day 2 Part 3 - Thursday, December 13th, 2012

So I left us off after we had our lunch at the Wave. We didn't have any park tickets that day, so we were planning to just take it easy. We took a bus back to CSR and had plans to spend the rest of the day exploring there. We went in and got our refillable mugs and took a look around.

DSCN0028_zps8d9186f1.jpg

DSCN0029_zps3bd87416.jpg

I also took a few pictures of the room, since we just went in and dropped our bags earlier.

DSCN0031_zpsc882685f.jpg

DSCN0032_zps1080ad8d.jpg

DSCN0033_zps39e31643.jpg

Since we were up so early, we all needed a bit of a rest. So we laid down in the room for a half hour or so. When we got up, we decided to go to DTD. We left at about 5:30 and were there by 6. We looked around, and some of us bought a few things.

After a couple of hours we were finished at DTD for the day. So we went back to the hotel, walked around some more, and took some pictures of the resort when it was dark out.

DSCN0043_zps688c6516.jpg

IMG_1212_zpsa3ebdff8.jpg

DSCN0049_zps476c41f0.jpg

IMG_1223_2_zps3c8399e5.jpg

IMG_1227_zpsb3f58cd7.jpg

IMG_1238_zps61ce49d4.jpg

DSCN0063_zps7760cb98.jpg

We were all pretty tired from the long day and travelling, so we were in bed fairly early. We also had an early breakfast reservation to get ready for!

Up Next... Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe

your pics of the ruins with the girls are so awesome! That resort looks pretty nice. I love DTD. I'm so glad I will be able to go there durinng our mini-trip in March.

your pics of the ruins with the girls are so awesome! That resort looks pretty nice. I love DTD. I'm so glad I will be able to go there durinng our mini-trip in March.

Thanks! We had lots of fun climbing up there and posing lol I like DTD too (shopaholic here :rotfl:) and it looks really cool at night too!

Wow your pics of CSR... are really, really lovely...

Great tree in the lobby... and I LOVE the photos of the "ruins" by the pool...:thumbsup2

Your room is really very, very attractive...loving the beds...:thumbsup2

popcorn::

Krysten, great update. Always a good idea to shop at DTD. :goodvibes

You got some beautiful shots of the Coronado at night, AND an empty pool (something we didn't see when we were there :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

Wow your pics of CSR... are really, really lovely...

Great tree in the lobby... and I LOVE the photos of the "ruins" by the pool...:thumbsup2

Your room is really very, very attractive...loving the beds...:thumbsup2

popcorn::

Aww shucks! Thank you :) I was just using a little point and shoot that I borrowed from my dad. My camera died and I am on the market for a new one. I struggled, but I just kept on snapping so that I could hopefully get some good shots! And I agree that they did a really nice job with the new CSR rooms.

Krysten, great update. Always a good idea to shop at DTD. :goodvibes

You got some beautiful shots of the Coronado at night, AND an empty pool (something we didn't see when we were there :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

Why thank you! I'm pretty happy with the shots considering I was using a borrowed point and shoot (while I'm on the market for a new DSLR). It was quite cold our first couple of days so we experienced a lot of empty pools - it was nice!

I must agree your pictures are great! I had no idea how nicely themed that resort is!!

Definitely have to try The Wave next trip! Ordering your dish with Tofu instead of Chicken is a great idea - will add that to my list of dishes to try :)

CSR is so pretty - especially at night. We've been considering staying there at least for a few nights on our next trip (or if I can't get the whole gang together for a family trip, I'll stay there traveling solo!). The rooms are so pretty - it's hard not to want to stay again at the BWV but I'm ready for some new scenery :)

I must agree your pictures are great! I had no idea how nicely themed that resort is!!

Thank you! I didn't know much about this resort until this trip either. It really is pretty.

Definitely have to try The Wave next trip! Ordering your dish with Tofu instead of Chicken is a great idea - will add that to my list of dishes to try :)

CSR is so pretty - especially at night. We've been considering staying there at least for a few nights on our next trip (or if I can't get the whole gang together for a family trip, I'll stay there traveling solo!). The rooms are so pretty - it's hard not to want to stay again at the BWV but I'm ready for some new scenery :)

The Wave is definitely worth a shot. They did a really great job with the tofu too. I know what you mean about liking certain resorts, but it is nice to change it up sometimes as well. I liked CSR, but it isn't a resort I will want to stay at every trip or anything.

So glad you were able to eat at the Wave, despite being a little late! That must have been stressful. Glad you had a great lunch!

OMG. The Contemporary Christmas decorations. They're just perfect, that's all there is to it. (I'm slightly obsessed with the CR, which you may or may not know. Hahah!)

Coronado Springs looks gorgeous, from the actual resort to the rooms! So nice!

So glad you were able to eat at the Wave, despite being a little late! That must have been stressful. Glad you had a great lunch!

OMG. The Contemporary Christmas decorations. They're just perfect, that's all there is to it. (I'm slightly obsessed with the CR, which you may or may not know. Hahah!)

Coronado Springs looks gorgeous, from the actual resort to the rooms! So nice!

It was a bit stressful but I think that was only because we were so hungry :rotfl: I hadn't eaten since 5:30am. The CR really is beautiful - it is also on my bucket list of places to stay one day

How did I miss the beginning of this??? Joining in now!!! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great start to your trip - CSR looks like a really pretty resort! Your lunch at The Wave sounds really good!

How did I miss the beginning of this??? Joining in now!!! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great start to your trip - CSR looks like a really pretty resort! Your lunch at The Wave sounds really good!

:welcome: It must have been hiding :rotfl: Thanks for joining in! Lunch at the Wave was delicious, I would definitely recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter