A Quick Holiday Miracle - An All Girls Trip - Dec/12 *REVIEWS finally up! 03/30*

Since the next couple of days are really busy for me, and I don't know if I'll be on the board, I just wanted to say

Merry Christmas!!​

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday!

Hey! I'm joining in!!! I am so, so sorry to hear about you losing your baby. How heartbreaking. :guilty: I hope things will work out in the future for you and your husband.

I'm so glad you got to take this trip though! Hooray for arriving, finally... hope you made your ADR in time! :goodvibes

Hey! I'm joining in!!! I am so, so sorry to hear about you losing your baby. How heartbreaking. :guilty: I hope things will work out in the future for you and your husband.

I'm so glad you got to take this trip though! Hooray for arriving, finally... hope you made your ADR in time! :goodvibes

:welcome: Thank you for your kind words. And thanks for joining in!

I love that Mickey bag you have!

Thanks! It is from Avon actually and it even has wheels!

I am HERE!!!! Scarlett looks line a little stuffed doggie, she is so cute. I had to do a double take to make sure she wasn't a replica (Lisa stages her stuffies everywhere, so you never know :rotfl2:_)

The trip is off to a wonderful start; however, I wanted to take a moment to say:

Merry Christmas! I am enjoying your trip so far and am so glad you got to take an all girls getaway especially after the rough year you have had. Blessings and good wishes for the new year to come!

I am HERE!!!! Scarlett looks line a little stuffed doggie, she is so cute. I had to do a double take to make sure she wasn't a replica (Lisa stages her stuffies everywhere, so you never know :rotfl2:_)

The trip is off to a wonderful start; however, I wanted to take a moment to say:

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for the well wishes! We get told a lot in real life that Scarlett looks like a teddy bear, so your thoughts there make a lot of sense! lol

Merry Christmas right back at ya!!!

I hope that you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!

Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing more holiday wishes.

[/QUOTE

Thank you again for the holiday wishes, that is very kind of you!

Merry Christmas! I am enjoying your trip so far and am so glad you got to take an all girls getaway especially after the rough year you have had. Blessings and good wishes for the new year to come!

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for the well wishes! It really was nice to get away, and now I'm planning a trip for DH and I to get away together :rotfl:

I'm in for your TR. popcorn::

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I hope that you and your family had a great holiday!

It's time for an update!

Day 2 - Part 2 - Thursday, December 13th, 2012

Now where did I leave off?...

Oh right, DME!

So we were running late and running out of time to make our reservation! The DME bus got moving and we were hoping that CSR would be the first stop& thankfully, it was! This took us to about 12:30pm. We only had 45 minutes left before our reservation :scared1:

We went straight into the lobby to sign in. I had done the online check-in prior to our trip, so we were lucky enough that our room was ready! The CM at the desk said that we were very lucky to have our room requests met - Building 9B in Cabanas on the first floor! Woop!!

We quickly went over to our room to drop our bags. Our room was 9500. On the corner, first floor, facing the direction of the main pool. It was a wonderful location!

We then ran over to the bus stop to grab a bus to MK for our reservation. Apparently, I took one picture during all of this...

DSCN0018_zps1ebb0c53.jpg

Interesting...

It seemed to take f.o.r.e.v.e.r for our bus to get there. But it did show up, and it was a quick ride over to MK. We were originally going to walk over to CR, but because of the place where we were dropped off, we decided it would be quicker to take the monorail.

We FINALLY made it to our reservation, but we were about 30 minutes late
DSCN0019_zps67dd9533.jpg

Because it was nearing the end of lunch hour, they weren't very busy and were able to take us in... phew!

DSCN0020_zps82ed8250.jpg

I felt incredibly underdressed. The weather was quite cold, and I didn't have any nice cold weather clothes in my carry-on, so I have a sweatshirt on.

We had a lovely waitress, and service was prompt. I ordered the multigrain pasta dish but I had it with tofu instead of chicken.

Multigrain Penne Pasta - with Chunky Tomato Broth, Roasted Chicken, and Locally-sourced Basil $18.99 (Courtesy of Allears.net)

It was delicious! Far too much food, but it was delicious. We all ordered a different dessert so that we could try them all out.

I ordered the creamy indulgence. It was fantastic! I'm not a fan of creme brule, but this was the best I've ever had.
Creamy Indulgence - Butterscotch creme brulee with espresso macaroon, New York cheesecake with apple-cranberry compote, olive oil-infused chocolate truffle mousse with salted caramel sauce (Courtesy of Allears.net)
DSCN0022_zps58ca6891.jpg

Our waitress was also kind enough to take a picture of the 4 of us when we were finished eating.
DSCN0021_zpsf6c4af20.jpg

Overall, I loved the Wave, and I would eat there again and I would recommend it to anyone!

When we were finished eating, we walked around CR a bit and took some pictures and browsed the shops.
DSCN0024_zpsea74e877.jpg

DSCN0025_zps0eb3167b.jpg

DSCN0027_zps5bf3dde0.jpg

While we were there, my mom found the TSM game for wii. We had been looking everywhere for this for my brother!! So she had to buy it, and it turned out that it was on sale!:wizard:

Up next... Our first night

so you didn't make your ressie, but you were able to sit anyways!!! Yay!!! I've never been to the Wave, but it looks nice.

All caught up! Ugh on being kicked for 3 hours. No one likes that and then a major bummer on just missing the bus. It's definitely turned around with a ready room, requested location and still making it for lunch. I really like the Wave and it seems that it is one of the few places you probably could walk in and still get seated no matter what, a little hidden gem.

I love the Wave! It's so neat eating there because I remember what used to be there before it was a restaurant! It was a food court and arcade!

Everyone got there... let the games begin...:cool1:

Agree on the Wave... had great meal there... not sure how many people know it's there?...:confused3

Okay, Krysten, I'm back and all caught up.

First, I'm sorry on the loss of your baby. :hug:

I love the intros and so happy that you stayed at CSR. As you know from my TR, we were there the week before you...but we got stuck with the Pop Warner people; luckily, they left before you got there. We have now stayed at the CSR ten times and it is still in our top three resorts.

Like your array of dining choices; well, I'll be honest--all except one (we ate at H&V twice and we'll never go back :sick: The Plaza is a must do for us...always our last meal of our trip; we've not tried The Wave...I've read mixed reviews of it (although I've read very good reviews of breakfast). I have the Grand Floridican Cafe on our list for next year; DH hates the Grand Floridian, but I think I've convinced him to at least go here to eat.

Scarlett is just too darn cute for words.

Did you complain about how cold your hotel room was? That's crazy that you had to sit in coats.

I would have been all over that father whether he was really sleeping or fake sleeping. There is no excuse for 3 hours of kicking.

:banana::banana::banana: you arrived. I'm glad you got your request of Cabanas 9B...that is awesome.

It's good they were able to accommodate you for your lunch even though you were a little late.

Can't wait to read more.

I skipped over via your link on my TR! So, far I am very much enjoying this PTR & TR!

Sorry you didn't get the opportunity to hold your baby in your arms, but I'm sure you will always hold him/her in your heart. I believe tough times make us more gentle. Hope you're gentle enough & this coming year will only bring you smiles.

As far as your PTR Very nice to meet you all.

I'm into your TR now. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the Wave, we keep meaning to eat there, but end up going elsewhere.

I like to try to squeeze in something new with each trip also. But, I seldom get as many as you are in this trip!

Loving your TR so far! We were there the same time as you too! We got there the early AM on the 13th and left the night of the 16th - we stayed at the GF and came from Buffalo, NY. I TOTALLY agree with you about the MME lines, they were beyond crazy unlike I'd seen before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter