A Quick Holiday Miracle - An All Girls Trip - Dec/12 *REVIEWS finally up! 03/30*

I just wanted to post a couple of quick pictures for anyone who is reading this.

Every year, my family gets together and decorates my mom's Disney themed Christmas tree, while wearing Mickey-eared santa hats.

Here is a picture of me and my mom standing in front of the tree with our hats on
IMG_0615.jpg

It is such a fun tradition, and I figured that you guys would appreciate the hats!

I'm really excited for you... I know you're going to have a fabulous time...

I think that a multigenerational girls trip sounds like a blast...

MVMCP is really fun... snow on Main Street...:thumbsup2, the Wave is really good as is the Plaza... haven't been to Hollywood and Vine...

If you are planning to do ToT or Rock N Roller -you might want to send someone ahead to get fastpasses for TSM... that run is not for the faint of heart...:sad2:

As for snacks... do you prefer sweet or salty?

I'm really excited for you... I know you're going to have a fabulous time...

I think that a multigenerational girls trip sounds like a blast...

MVMCP is really fun... snow on Main Street...:thumbsup2, the Wave is really good as is the Plaza... haven't been to Hollywood and Vine...

If you are planning to do ToT or Rock N Roller -you might want to send someone ahead to get fastpasses for TSM... that run is not for the faint of heart...:sad2:

As for snacks... do you prefer sweet or salty?

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by! I like that we are all huge WDW fans, no complainers coming along on this trip! I am so excited for the snow on Main Street! No ToT or RnR for us - I'm a huge ride wimp, well I guess we all really are lol

And as for snacks… I like both, it just depends on my mood lol

This was the shortest wait for a trip ever!

Last night we decided to book a room at the airport hotel for tomorrow (Wednesday) night. This way we don't need to worry about crossing the border in the morning, or getting someone to drive us. We will spend the night at the hotel, and they have a free shuttle that takes you to the airport, plus continental breakfast. The car can stay there while we are gone, so we won't need to worry about a ride home either.

I have my last exam for school tonight from 7-10 and then I'm officially on vacation!

I am done almost everything that I need to do. I have to still finish my packing. I've thrown a bunch of stuff into my suitcase, and made a packing list, but I have to go through everything and make sure that everything is there and packed properly! Also, tomorrow I need to head to the TA and pick up my insurance stuff - but that won't take long.

Woop!! So excited!!

Well its 10:50 and Ontario is on EST... do you call it that there? (I know you have Maritime time... which we don't have -in Nova Scotia but I think that you do have EST....)

Anyway....

That's just a long way of saying Welcome to your VACATION...:goodvibes

I hope that it is FABULOUS...!

Well its 10:50 and Ontario is on EST... do you call it that there? (I know you have Maritime time... which we don't have -in Nova Scotia but I think that you do have EST....)

Anyway....

That's just a long way of saying Welcome to your VACATION...:goodvibes

I hope that it is FABULOUS...!

Thank you so much! I am so excited!!!

Leaving today!!!!

We are leaving for the airport hotel tonight after my mom finishes work! Until then, I have a fairly busy day ahead of me…

- Print Boarding Passes - Done! We got "A"
- Go to the bank to deposit some money, and get some American money for the trip
- Pick up a new memory card
- I need a couple of things from the drug store (new bottle of face wash, can't live without that!)
- I have to go to my moms this afternoon to help her with a couple of things
- Organize my suitcase - I have way more clothes than I need, so I need to organize it and get rid of a few things that I won't need. It is supposed to be really nice weather, but you just never know this time of year.

I won't be on the boards while I am in WDW - I am truly taking a vacation! So I will see you all real soon!

Here I am.....late to the party as usual, but I'll be here to hear all about your trip! I hope you are having a wonderful time!!! :cool1:

I'm back!!

I got home around 7 last night from my quick trip. Overall, it was a great trip! Crowds were good, weather was good, and well, it is WDW after all! I am glad to be home though, I missed my DH and my puppy! I am going to start the TR soon, I am just working on uploading some pictures now and photobucket is being incredibly difficult lately.

Alright, let's get this thing started!

Day 1 - Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
I had a really busy day before I could leave on my trip. I had a few things to pick up (travel insurance, shampoo, stuff like that), I had to help my mom with a few things, and then I had to finish up the last of my packing and get ready to go!

Scarlett helped me to get ready!
DSCN0003_zps1fbf0446.jpg

DSCN0004_zps43acfb78.jpg

DSCN0008_zpsfca44ed7.jpg

My grandma and cousin live pretty close to my moms house so they met there and then drove to my house to pick me up at about 5:30pm. We got on the road pretty quickly. The border wasn't very busy but it moved pretty slowly. By 6:30pm we were through the border and stopped at the Cracker Barrel for dinner. We love this restaurant and so we usually stop there when we go to the US. I always order the vegetable plate, and it was so yummy!

After we were finished eating, we headed to the hotel for the night. The check-in process went smoothly (there were even cookies!) and we got upgraded to a suite because of my moms loyalty program card. We got to our room at about 8pm. I texted everyone to let them know that we were there. The hotel we stayed in is the Sleep Inn in Buffalo, NY. It was cheap, clean, close to the airport, and we've stayed there before with no problems - everything we needed in a hotel for that short of a length of time!

It was freezing in our room! I took this picture as proof:
DSCN0012_zps757e5636.jpg

My grandma is never cold but she was al bundled up with a coat on in the room.

We didn't do much for the rest of the night. A little bit of reading, and watched a silly game show called Take it All. I've never heard of the show, but it was hilariously bad. We were asleep pretty early because we had to be up at 5am to get ready, eat breakfast, and leave for the airport!

Up Next& flying to MCO!

Yay!!!! It's started. So, where did you stay that first night? I like hearing about the routes people travel! ;)

Oh, and Scarlett is adorable!!!! Although she looks a bit sad that you are leaving.

Yay!!!! It's started. So, where did you stay that first night? I like hearing about the routes people travel! ;)

Oh, and Scarlett is adorable!!!! Although she looks a bit sad that you are leaving.

I just edited the post to add the hotel (oops!) We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Buffalo.

Scarlett definitely missed me. My husband said that she kept running to the door looking for me to come in, poor little thing. She was so happy to see me when I came home :)

Alright, so I'm going to get some more of the travel boringness out of the way so that we can get to the good stuff!!

Day 2 - Thursday, December 13th, 2012

Grandma and I set our internal alarms for 5:00am - and sure enough, that's when we were awake! We started to get up 1 by 1 and get ready for the day. We were all down in the lobby by 5:30am (we hadn't unpacked or anything so getting ready was quick!). We had some time to spare to grab some continental breakfast before we left for the airport. I grabbed a yogurt and an orange but neither one tasted good :( They were both warm and the orange wasn't fresh. So I had a little bit of orange juice and that was it. We were ready to get on the shuttle at 5:45am and it was scheduled to leave at 6. Because it was just the 4 of us in the lobby, the driver took us early! Score! He was really nice and talked to us about Disney - turns out CSR is his favourite resort lol We got to the airport by 6:00am. Check-in and security went quickly and smoothly - I love early morning flights! We made a bathroom stop and grabbed some seats in the terminal. I didn't sleep hardly at all at the hotel, so I used this time to rest.

After sitting around for a while (since we were so early) we found out that our plane was delayed. I distinctly heard the word "problem" used by one of the employees :O Not a word you want to use in an airport. There was no plane at our gate and even the pilot came over to ask what the delay was from. Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:55am, but we didn't even board until about 7:50am. The plane that finally arrived at the gate wasn't "warmed up" and they had to put antifreeze on it before we could fly, so we had to wait a bit longer for that. Finally, we took off!
DSCN0013_zps54f1bf0c.jpg

Once in the air, I had a cranky baby sitting in front of me - I played with her through the seats and made her smile a bit. She ended up taking a much needed nap! I had a young boy sitting beside me who drew pictures that were very detailed and looked like scenes out of the movie Pearl Harbour :O (also not something you want to see when flying). And I had a little boy behind me who kicked my seat for the entire 3 hours. He was kicking my head even so his bum was not on his seat at all. I turned around to give his father the side eye (make your kid behave) but he would close his eyes and pretend to be sleeping. I was not impressed. I have a bad back, and I don't appreciate it being kicked for 3 hours.

I tried to ignore all of this (I'm not a great flyer). So I put my headphones on, read some of my book, took a little nap, drank some tea, and took a couple of pictures out of the window.
DSCN0014_zpsf7db1316.jpg

DSCN0015_zpsef30f780.jpg

Our flight finally landed 30 minutes late. We were rushing because we had a lunch reservation and accidentally went to the wrong side of the terminal& We've been to that airport so many times, I don't know how we did this, but we did. So we had to do a bit of back tracking. We finally got to the ME desk and saw the sign for our stop
DSCN0017_zps15a821c2.jpg

The CM was JUST closing the rope as we got there - we JUST missed the bus! We were at the front of our line at least and knew that we would get the next bus, but waiting was not good for making our reservation! I have never seen the ME terminal so busy in all of the times that I've been there, it was crazy!

We had to wait a good 20 minutes or so before our bus came. We got on the bus (a Mears bus) with the people going to AKL. We were really hoping that we would be the first stop because it was now about 12 and we had a 1:15 reservation for lunch :O

Up Next& Did we make our lunch reservation?

Ok, so DID you make your ressies?? Yes, I AM impatient!! :rotfl2:

I hate it when parents don't have control of their children, especially in such cramped quarters. I have a bad back too, so I totally can sympathize with the kicking! UGH!

Scarlett is adorable... too bad that your hotel room was so cold though...

popcorn::

Aww thanks :) We love her lol I couldn't believe how freezing it was in there! Thankfully we weren't there for long!

Ok, so DID you make your ressies?? Yes, I AM impatient!! :rotfl2:

I hate it when parents don't have control of their children, especially in such cramped quarters. I have a bad back too, so I totally can sympathize with the kicking! UGH!

Yeah that guy wasn't even trying to have control, and because he was kicking me right up to my head, you can tell he wasn't sitting properly in his seat - anyone looking at him could tell. The sister of the boy was trying to entertain him, but she was young too so she didn't have control over the situation (and it isn't her responsibility).

As for our reservation… you will have to wait and see! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter