A Quick Holiday Miracle - An All Girls Trip - Dec/12 *REVIEWS finally up! 03/30*

Disney9.9.10

DIS Veteran
Hello Disers!

I have not been very active on the boards lately, but I am happy to report that I finally have an upcoming trip! I am so incredibly excited!!

My Journey to this Trip
My husband and I had a cruise booked for September but because of stuff with my job, we had to postpone it to January 2013. Then in June, I got laid off from my job because the company is going to be closing and I didn't have enough seniority to stay. We kept the trip booked and decided to see what happened. In August, I found out that I was pregnant. So we decided to cancel the cruise - I would be in my third trimester in January, and I didn't want to worry about paying for a trip if I didn't have a job and had a baby on the way. In September, we lost our baby. This has been the absolute worst experience of my life, but the pain is slowly lessening.
My mom and I have talked about taking a girls trip for a while now, and since I really need the time away, we are going to take it! My husband is in school right now finishing up his apprenticeship so he won't be coming, but he is okay with that. He is not Disney-crazy like me!
This morning we booked flights (I used my flight credit from the other trip, so my flight was free!). I am so incredibly excited!

Quick Details

Cast - Me, my mom, my grandma, and my cousin

Dates - September 13th to 17th (just a quick little trip)

Resort - Coronado Springs

Other - We have dining included, only 2 days of park tickets, and we are going to MVMCP!

Trip Stats
1 New resort
1 New Party (MVMCP)
4 New restaurants

I hope that some of you will follow along with me on my very magical Christmas trip!

Links

Cast
Details
Dining, Dining, Dining
Favourite Things and New Things
Schedule
Day 1 - 12.12.12 - Travel Day!
Day 2 Part 1 - 12.13.12 - Travel!
Day 2 Part 2 - 12.13.12 - The Wave
Day 2 Part 3 - 12.13.12 - End of our First Day
Day 3 Part 1 - 12.14.12 - GFC Breakfast
Day 3 Part 2 - 12.14.12 - Magic Kingdom!
Day 3 Part 3 - 12.14.12 - MK - Tomorrowland and Fantasyland
Day 3 Part 4 - 12.14.12 - MK - FLE
Day 3 Part 5 - 12.14.12 - MK - BOG!
Day 3 Part 6 - 12.14.12 - MK - BOG, FLE, Frontierland, Liberty Square
Day 3 Part 7 - 12.14.12 - MK - Main Street - End of Day 3
Day 4 Part 1 - 12.15.12 - DHS - Am. EMH
Day 4 Part 2 - 12.15.12 - CSR Afternoon and Santa Goofy
Day 4 Part 3 - 12.15.12 - Osborne Lights Part 1
Day 4 Part 4 - 12.15.12 - Osborne Lights Part 2
Day 5 Part 1 - 12.16.12 - CSR Pool Morning!
Day 5 Part 2 - 12.16.12 - MK and MVMCP Part 1
Day 5 Part 3 - 12.16.12 - MVMCP and Fireworks
Day 5 Part 4 - 12.16.12 - MVMCP - Parade
Day 5 Part 5 - 12.16.12 - MVMCP - Parade and End of the Party

Let's get this thing started!

Here is our Cast for this trip

Krysten (me)
DSC05078.jpg

I am 25 years old and am Disney crazy!! I took my first trip when I was about a year old and I've been hooked ever since. I married my wonderful DH two years ago at WDW, and it was the best wedding day a girl could ask for. We have a cockapoo puppy named Scarlett, she is the sweetest little dog ever. My hobbies include scrapbooking, yoga, crafting, dancing, and reading. I am currently in school pursuing a degree in Psychology.

Debbie (my mom)
DSC04412.jpg

That is a picture of the two of us on our trip in August of 2011. She is also Disney crazy and has been going since she was young as well. She owns a daycare and loves children. Her favourite character is Mickey and she is not a fan of Fantasia!

Carole (my grandma)
DSC04427.jpg

This is the two of us on one of our trips, riding IASW. This is her favourite ride, and the two of us riding it together always has a special place in my heart. She has been going to WDW for years and loves taking her grandchildren there. Her favourite character is Minnie. We are very close and see each other at least a few times a week.

Jessica (my cousin)
I don't have any pictures of her to share. But she is also 25, I am 3 days older! She started going to WDW at a young age, and really enjoys it. She works at a resort in the summers that isn't open in the winter so she has lots of time for Disney trips!

More details

We have our flights booked. We are leaving on an early morning flight to MCO. We should be arriving in WDW around 11:00am.

We are staying at Coronado Springs.
CoronadoSprings.jpg

None of us have ever stayed here before, which is part of the reason for choosing to stay there. I am excited to stay somewhere new again!

Schedule
Thursday, December 13th - Arrival day!
Friday, December 14th - MK
Saturday, December 15th - DHS
Sunday, December 16th - MVMCP!
Monday, December 17th - Departure night :(

We have very minimal plans at this point because it was such a last minute decision to go.

To Do:
- Schedule Dining - hopefully there is something left! We have never left dining this late before, we are usually early planners
- Figure out park day plans. I don't want to spend Saturday at MK, because they are always so busy, so I think we will try for Friday. The day we arrive and the day we leave will probably be pool/DTD days
- Get everything confirmed by our travel agent - sometime this afternoon this will be happening

JEALOUS!! Have a wonderful trip!

Love the picture of you and your grandmother.. That is so special.

I will be anxious to hear about Coronando Springs... I looked into there as well for our last trip!

Good morning everyone! So we heard back from the travel agent and confirmed our dining!

We are trying all new places this time, which I am very happy about. I always try to do new things on each trip (while enjoying the many things I know that I love).

So here is the lineup

Thursday, December 13th - Arrival Day
The_Wave_01.jpg

The Wave! We haven't eaten here before, and this isn't going to be a park day, so we are just going to have lunch and then browse around resorts or go to DTD.

Friday, December 14th
GFC.jpg

Grand Floridian Cafe. I haven't eaten here before but I passed it a few times when we stayed at GF and I just love it! Then we will hop on the monorail and head to MK!

Saturday, December 15th
HampV.jpg

Hollywood and Vine. We are having dinner here. Today is DHS day and I am so excited to be seeing the Osborne lights!! I haven't gone to WDW at Christmas time since 2002!

Sunday, December 16th
Plaza.jpg

Plaza Restaurant. This is also new for us. We have tickets to MVMCP on this night so we are having dinner at the Plaza before the party.

Monday, December 17th - Departure Day - No meals

** None of the pictures in this post are mine. Some have a mark on the picture, some are from the dis, and some from wdwinfo.

Alright, I am just going to keep plugging along here, hopefully some people join. Although I know many of you don't like PTRs, but I am so pumped about this trip, I had to start my report early!!

:rolleyes1These are a few of my favourite things:rolleyes1
(there is no singing emoticon… but that is what I was going for there lol)
So some of my favourite things, that will be on my list for this trip
- Ride IASW with my grandma
- Take lots of pictures (resort, Christmas decorations, everything I seeeee)
- Browse lots of shops

New Things
Every trip I make a point to try some new things, and this one is no different!
- Staying at a new resort
- MVMCP
- 4 new restaurants!! (GFC, Hollywood & Vine, The Wave, and the Plaza)
- Try a new snack (I haven't decided what yet, sell me on something!)
- New Fantasyland!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm wicked excited about this one, can you tell?)
- I have been saying forever that I am going to go to a DVC presentation, maybe this time?
- Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, maybe?
I'm going to keep updating these lists as I think of things...

I am going to leave this space for a schedule and update it as I go.

Thursday, December 13th, 2012
Arrival Day!
- Plan is set to land in MCO at 10:40am
- Hop onto the ME and then off to CSR!
- Unpack our luggage and head off to CR
Lunch
- We have a reservation at the Wave in CR for 1:00pm
The Rest of the Day
- Spending some time around CR, CSR, the Pool, and maybe even DTD

Friday, December 14th, 2012
Breakfast
- ADR at GFC for 8:35am
Magic Kingdom Day!!
- Park Hours - 9am - 7pm
- We will miss rope drop, but I don't think anyone is concerned about that
- The rest of the day will be spent at MK

Saturday, December 15th, 2012
DHS Day!
- Park Hours - 9am-9pm with am EMH!
- We plan on getting up early on this day and heading for rope drop to get on TSM and get fast passes
- We will probably spend a few hours here, and then go back to the resort mid day
- We plan to return to DHS for dinner and the Osborne lights!
Dinner
- ADR at Hollywood & Vine at 4:55pm

Sunday, December 16th, 2012
Magic Kingdom and MVMCP!!
- Park Hours - 8am-7pm
Dinner
- ADR at the Plaza at 5:25pm.
- This cuts into party time a bit, but we will probably be there early, to do a few things, take a break to eat, and then stay until the party is over!

Monday, December 17th, 2012
- Leaving day :(
- We don't have our flight booked yet, prices are really fluctuating, but TA said to book by Tuesday
- We are going to try and book the latest flight that we can so that we have the whole day to do stuff (pool, DTD, etc.)

Another quick little update!

I booked our flights home today, with Southwest. I am kind of sad because this means we will have to come home :rotfl2: I got a really good deal on flights though, which is awesome. It only cost us about $200 each to fly there and back, and I had a credit from SW from a previous booking, so I only have to pay about $40!!

I've also got my planning notebook all lined up and ready to go, including lots of space for TR writing!!

I made a packing list in said notebook and I plan on busting out my suitcase at some point today. And if you think I'm packing too early, this is nothing, I usually start packing months in advance!!

2 Weeks and 2 Days to go!

Oh what a rough summer you've hadi, I am so sorry for your losses, all of them. They aren't equal of course but all of that at once is hard on the body and mind for sure. Good for you for going back to school. You definitely need a girls trip to Disney during the holidays, that sounds absolutely like the best idea ever!

Wonderful news on flights, that's great. It is so nice to start seeing some actual deals again! I pray they are there next year when we try to go over the holidays. Your plans look lovely. I've eaten at the Wave twice (breakfast and dinner) and loved it! I think it's hidden gem food wise for sure. The Plaza is fun as well, such a change from most locations as it is so intimate and fun to be able to just look out the windows and soak it in.

Oh what a rough summer you've hadi, I am so sorry for your losses, all of them. They aren't equal of course but all of that at once is hard on the body and mind for sure. Good for you for going back to school. You definitely need a girls trip to Disney during the holidays, that sounds absolutely like the best idea ever!

Wonderful news on flights, that's great. It is so nice to start seeing some actual deals again! I pray they are there next year when we try to go over the holidays. Your plans look lovely. I've eaten at the Wave twice (breakfast and dinner) and loved it! I think it's hidden gem food wise for sure. The Plaza is fun as well, such a change from most locations as it is so intimate and fun to be able to just look out the windows and soak it in.

:welcome: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. It sure has been a rough summer but I'm doing my best to get back on my feet. I didn't think I'd get to WDW this year and honestly I was a bit sad about it lol I'm glad to hear that you like the Wave and the Plaza as well, although Disney is one place where I'm not too afraid of trying new restaurants. I hope you stick around!

I'm joining in...your trip sounds awesome!! I'm hoping to do an all girls trip someday. We will be there at the same time and at the same resort!!! Our first time staying at CSR as well!!

I'm joining in...your trip sounds awesome!! I'm hoping to do an all girls trip someday. We will be there at the same time and at the same resort!!! Our first time staying at CSR as well!!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! I hope that we all enjoy CSR and our wonderful December WDW trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!