A Grand Vacation: The 2012 Grand Floridian FAQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replying and posting pics!

I have to say, I just hate the fence. It may be for safety or access purposes but still I think it affects the open look of the GF grounds. I guess they are preparing the pools for the DVC - they may start checking Key Cards.

I think we'll pass on GF this stay. We love staying there esp at SL, but there's too much going on right now.

By constructing a new pool or renovating an existing one, WDW became subject to (Florida state?) laws or regulations that require a fence around the pool. I'm surprised it wasn't required before. Here in Mass., all pools require a fence around them. It's a safety thing, not a DVC thing (though I can imagine this will make it easier for them to check resort cards as they currently do at YC/BC).

I don't know because I wasn't at the pool during the fireworks.

At one time you were able to hear the music from the Magic Kingdom while the fireworks show was happening. This was heard in front of Gasparillas. Don't know if that has been brought back or not.

I agree with you completely. If they HAVE to put up DVC at the Poly, they should just keep it on one end - the GF end, and leave everything else alone. I am so sad they are going to possibly ruin one of the best WDW resorts like this. :sad1:

I could not agree more! With that being said we are looking into moving over from the Poly to GF because of all the impending construction there. Where is the best buildig for MK view rooms? It there a thread or website that has pics of the views? I thought all construction was done at GF? When will things be completed? Alot of questions I know! Lol

It's nice to hear that there is music in the background. Did you notice if the music is now piped in during the fireworks too?

You can hear the Wishes music by Narcoossee's. we have eaten there twice, last time in January. They pipe in the music, outside too as many go outside on the veranda to watch.

I could not agree more! With that being said we are looking into moving over from the Poly to GF because of all the impending construction there. Where is the best buildig for MK view rooms? It there a thread or website that has pics of the views? I thought all construction was done at GF? When will things be completed? Alot of questions I know! Lol

GF construction not done. DVC Villas still very much under construction. Some photos here at 2/3 the way down the page through this link:

http://wdwnt.com/dirk-wallens-513-52013-wdw-photo-report/

Blue walls up between Beach Pool and lagoon. The rest of the resort is pretty much shiny new, though, with refurbs complete in last year including big ones to Courtyard Pool and Gasparillas.

touringplans.com is working on publishing views from all resort rooms (or maybe it's just Deluxe rooms?) at WDW. Not sure the status of that project, though.

Just an FYI for those curious about when the construction will be complete. The DVC at GF has an opening date of Oct. 23rd 2013.

Just an FYI for those curious about when the construction will be complete. The DVC at GF has an opening date of Oct. 23rd 2013.

Thanks so much for this info. Nice to know that construction will be complete when we are considering staying at the GF!

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether Sugarloaf or the main building is more likely not to be affected by the construction noise? My in laws are joining us for vacation this year, and will be staying club level part of the time at the GF. They would like to book whichever one is farthest from the construction, and least likely to affect them. I thought I'd ask here, since we have never stayed at the GF so I don't know its layout well. I don't want to lead them astray.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether Sugarloaf or the main building is more likely not to be affected by the construction noise? My in laws are joining us for vacation this year, and will be staying club level part of the time at the GF. They would like to book whichever one is farthest from the construction, and least likely to affect them. I thought I'd ask here, since we have never stayed at the GF so I don't know its layout well. I don't want to lead them astray.

Thank you!

Sugarloaf is farther from construction. We were upgraded to Sugarloaf last year for our anniversary and it was lovely!

:sunny:

I know I've asked before but....:rolleyes1 anyone know when those blue walls will be down along the beach? Perhaps those of you there now could ask? I really hope they are down in August! Thinking of adding another day :upsidedow.

I know I've asked before but....:rolleyes1 anyone know when those blue walls will be down along the beach? Perhaps those of you there now could ask? I really hope they are down in August! Thinking of adding another day :upsidedow.

Last month, a manager-looking CM with a hard hat and I were chatting and he speculated they'd come down around June. And when I walked up the side stairs at Big Pine, you could see them working actively on the beach area. I believe they're replacing all the concrete work and such.

But I have no idea if (i) the CM really knew or (ii) how much will change as the project progresses. Fingers crossed for you. It will look even that much better once you can see the lagoon from the Beach Pool.

Best location for Tpv? We also want to be closer to the water so I guess main building is out. I think boca chica?

Best location for Tpv? We also want to be closer to the water so I guess main building is out. I think boca chica?

The RPC deluxe king room would get you both the tpv with marina view too!

The RPC deluxe king room would get you both the marina view is also a perk, it's like getting two for the price of one!

Last month, a manager-looking CM with a hard hat and I were chatting and he speculated they'd come down around June. And when I walked up the side stairs at Big Pine, you could see them working actively on the beach area. I believe they're replacing all the concrete work and such.

But I have no idea if (i) the CM really knew or (ii) how much will change as the project progresses. Fingers crossed for you. It will look even that much better once you can see the lagoon from the Beach Pool.

Thank you :worship: that's one of the things I am looking forward to, seeing the lagoon from the beach pool. I loved that at Poly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter