• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"A Fresh Start" WDW Vacation with a Newbie and the Boyfriend!- Nov TR COMPLETE 2/16!

Photo1593FourBySix.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

trying to pull the ol switcherooo on us huh? different shirts same day.:rotfl2:

just teasing you...didnt even see that on the menu when we were there, must have blown right by that stand.

That room is Christopher Robin's bedroom. Pooh and Tigger meet back there.

Now I know thanks!!!

Looks like yall had fun at MK! Gotta love it.

That's cool that you and Emily went to England together! I'm not certain but I think that little room is where Tigger and Pooh do meets!

Thanks someone else confirmed that too! Now I know. I didn't even know that Tigger and Pooh met there!!

I'm loving your pictures so much!
The ones in Buzz are fantastic!
You never really see any pictures from inside.

A well planned sleep in is always glorious!

And getting it through airport security...:confused3

Thanks for the compliment. I Know you would have to ship that knife or something it was so big!!

trying to pull the ol switcherooo on us huh? different shirts same day.:rotfl2:

just teasing you...didnt even see that on the menu when we were there, must have blown right by that stand.
Oh my gosh! Thats hilarious. I didn't even realize I did that. You are right the purple shirt is from the next day!! Oopsie!! Thanks for noticing that because I would have never noticed. I guess we were in such a rush to get fastpasses we didn't get any photopass.

Our lunch reservation was at 11:30 at Le Cellier.

Ta-Dah! I made them pose like that!!

IMG_2420.jpg

The gardens around the restaurant are so pretty! I could just live there permanently. See that little house back there?? I just put an offer on it, I will be moving in February 1st! :)

IMG_2421.jpg

Emily got an iced coffee beforehand that she really liked

IMG_2423.jpg

The restaurant actually opens at 11:30 so we got to hear the servers sing the national anthem which is really neat. They all get together and sing and then they seat you.

IMG_2425.jpg

We had a really nice booth in the back. Normally Corey and I are used to 2 tops where they cram you in.

IMG_2426.jpg

Once again our entrees were really good. Emily and I both got the filet and Corey got the strip steak. My risotto was a little too done and not creamy enough but it still had great flavor.

I also got the cheddar cheese soup which is always amazing. I love the smoky spicy salty flavor.

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

For dessert Corey ordered the chocolate mousse. Emily ordered the no sugar added dessert.

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

I ordered the pecan pie shooter. It is layers of pecan pie and mousse and it was just wayyyy tooo rich. I couldn't even eat half of it. I literally only ate 1/4 of it. It was so chocolatey and while I love chocolate I don't love dark chocolate.

IMG_2435.jpg

It was also HUGE! Check out the size of it in my hands! I had to use both hands lol!

IMG_2437.jpg

We had a bit of trouble paying at the end. First of all our server was good and nice but she was really sweaty! She must have been a profuse sweater.

When I went to pay my extra I had gift cards that I wanted to use. Well one of the gift cards I gave her I thought had $25 on it but it only had like $11 when she ran it. So then we got really confused because I thought it had $25 and then I couldn't figure out what card had the money on it. It took a long time, I felt bad for her.

I am sad Le Cellier will be two credits now for lunch. I don't think I will be using the dining plan here again. Heck, if the dining plan keeps increasing at the same rate it has been I won't be using that again either!

I didn't know Le Cellier had booths. :confused3 I guess we've always been crammed into a table top on top of a table top! I do still like Le Cellier but what's up with raising the prices every 6 months! ;) I agree, it is not worth a 2 credit lunch.

I'm a huge People Mover fan! I've never seen a line as long as the one that you had at MK.... wow! And I do like your pouty face on the tea cups ride!

I can't wait to hear about your business/pleasure trip earlier this month. I saw that you got together with Emmebear - how fun! :)

I love the painting of the toenails on the line waiting for the bus! It's airy out there instead of getting the room all stinky, so it's technically a great idea! I would totally feel weird though, haha.

I enjoy reading all the stories about the other people that were there at the same time. People watching is part of the fun of Disney! Haha, the comment about Americans getting desserts and foreigners getting fruit is hilarious though. You could probably write tons of sociology papers comparing things like that just by observing people in the parks!

Watching LMA is the greatest when you go with people that don't know the secrets! I had such fun when my mom and brother finally saw the show last April. I also really enjoy the show myself, so even when we're not with newbies, we have a blast! I hope they don't get rid of it ... sad!

Mmm, 'Ohana! I wish it didn't cost so much. I'd totally go there more often if it didn't. I just can't justify the cost when I can't eat a lot in a sitting. I wish they could charge me by the pound of food I intake! That'd be awesome.

Aww, I love the video message from Merida you recorded for your cousin! What a clever idea! I think it's much better than just an autograph.

It stinks that you had to feel so horrible in MK. It's the worst feeling to be in a park and not feel good. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy some things like the wacky Jungle Cruise skipper! I wish more of them would be really into it.

BTW when you go into the stretching room at HM, go to the spot underneath the girl holding the umbrella. That's where the door opens up to lead into the loading area. Once I read about that, we always do it because I HATE the "funnel problems" as you said. People get really pushy, and it feels like it takes forever even though it doesn't. I just don't like feeling squished. In the past, I would wait for everyone else to go, but on busy days, we might be at the back of the crowd for our stretching room, but then a new group would then come out of the other one!

I didn't know Le Cellier had booths. :confused3 I guess we've always been crammed into a table top on top of a table top! I do still like Le Cellier but what's up with raising the prices every 6 months! ;) I agree, it is not worth a 2 credit lunch.

I'm a huge People Mover fan! I've never seen a line as long as the one that you had at MK.... wow! And I do like your pouty face on the tea cups ride!

I can't wait to hear about your business/pleasure trip earlier this month. I saw that you got together with Emmebear - how fun! :)

We had a blast!!!! I have another trip report started for that!

I know, wasn't that line ridiculous!!!!!!! It was so busy that it wasn't any fun that day.

We actually are talking about going back together. I thought it would be so fun to meet you and go around the same time that you are going but I don't know if I can come back at the end of Feb, is that still the time around when you guys are going back?

I love the painting of the toenails on the line waiting for the bus! It's airy out there instead of getting the room all stinky, so it's technically a great idea! I would totally feel weird though, haha.

I enjoy reading all the stories about the other people that were there at the same time. People watching is part of the fun of Disney! Haha, the comment about Americans getting desserts and foreigners getting fruit is hilarious though. You could probably write tons of sociology papers comparing things like that just by observing people in the parks!

Watching LMA is the greatest when you go with people that don't know the secrets! I had such fun when my mom and brother finally saw the show last April. I also really enjoy the show myself, so even when we're not with newbies, we have a blast! I hope they don't get rid of it ... sad!

Mmm, 'Ohana! I wish it didn't cost so much. I'd totally go there more often if it didn't. I just can't justify the cost when I can't eat a lot in a sitting. I wish they could charge me by the pound of food I intake! That'd be awesome.

Aww, I love the video message from Merida you recorded for your cousin! What a clever idea! I think it's much better than just an autograph.

It stinks that you had to feel so horrible in MK. It's the worst feeling to be in a park and not feel good. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy some things like the wacky Jungle Cruise skipper! I wish more of them would be really into it.

BTW when you go into the stretching room at HM, go to the spot underneath the girl holding the umbrella. That's where the door opens up to lead into the loading area. Once I read about that, we always do it because I HATE the "funnel problems" as you said. People get really pushy, and it feels like it takes forever even though it doesn't. I just don't like feeling squished. In the past, I would wait for everyone else to go, but on busy days, we might be at the back of the crowd for our stretching room, but then a new group would then come out of the other one!

I absolutely love people watching in Disney. It is almost as fun as people watching at the airport! Haha. I love listening to conversations too! Its fun! The funniest is watching adults have meltdowns and get in fights, lol. I am always glad that doesn't happen to me!

Yeah I would feel bad going to OHana without the dining plan. We always get the DP so that is how I can afford it. If I wasn't using the Dp it would be a shock!

While I like LMA I am so ready for something new to go in there, like Cars land! Now that would be awesome. Maybe they can have some other car show to go along with Cars land. I really hope those expansion rumors are true!

I will have to see if I can post the video message on here. It is so cute. Gracie (my cousin) loved it soo much!

Late to the party but subbing in. I was already following your dining review for this trip so it's fun reading about the rest of the trip. I'm in Minnesota too. That snow was pretty but sure made driving messy. I'm so jealous that you got to go twice in just a few months. We try to go every other year!

Hi, joining in! I started reading your solo TR last night on my phone, then I noticed you had another one, so I started reading this one and I realized we were in Disney almost at the same time! I was there from November 8-17 (if you want to read my TR, my link is in my sig, I'm just starting Day 3 so not much to get caught up on yet!)

My DH and I were together for 10 years before he proposed AND he proposed in Disney, so don't worry, there's still time for your bf! :cool1:

Isn't the Art of Animation amazing? We stayed there for one night in November before we moved to POR and I loved it, I really want to spend more time there! We didn't get to check out the pools or walk around or anything!

Ahhh there's so much I wanted to comment on, and now I can't remember! :rotfl2: All I can remember is Le Cellier, because it was your last update! Le Cellier is my DH's and my favorite Disney restaurant and I'm in a bit of a depression because the changed the lunch menu! Not only is it 2 credits, but no more chocolate moose, no more cream cheese mashed potatoes...not good. I'm sure we will still go there, but I won't be using the dining plan anymore either, and we'll probably go only once a trip (we've been known to go at least 2 or 3 times in a week...I'm telling you, we're obsessed! :rotfl2:)

Can't wait to read more!

All caught up! I am also sad about Le Cellier being 2 credits all of the time, it isn't worth it IMO, but I do enjoy it. I've never been at lunch either, so I didn't know about them singing the National Anthem, that's kind of neat! (although I am Canadian and I like the American anthem better lol) And your dessert is huge! The one picture it didn't look too bad, but you can really see how big it is in the picture where you are holding it

After Le Cellier we decided to tour the World Showcase!

First thing we saw was Mary Poppins. We were talking to some guy in line about camping at Fort Wilderness. I guess he always comes to Disney every year and camps in Fort Wilderness. I am not sure if I would like that!

IMG_2438.jpg

I am not sure what we talked about, but we did talk about a spoonful of sugar!

Then we made our way over to France.

IMG_2439.jpg

I love these little art setups!

IMG_2440.jpg

We even stopped for photopass at my favorite spot in the World Showcase, the France fountain.

IMG_2441.jpg

Photo1449FourBySix.jpg

So funny story coming up. I asked if Corey and I could get our picture alone next.

Photo1453FourBySix.jpg

Next thing I know he asks us to kiss in the camera. Now Corey and I are not a PDA couple. I don't think anyone has ever seen us kiss in front of them.

So...this is what happened when I leaned in to kiss him!

Photo1460FourBySix.jpg

I couldn't do it!!! LOL I started laughing!!!!! I don't know why but I just don't like kissing in public with people watching even if it is a peck!

So he ended up kissing me on my cheek!

Photo1462FourBySix.jpg

After our photopass fiasco we looked around in the perfume shop in France. That is such a pretty shop!

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

At the Florida local stand I wanted to try the two wines, the Sangria and the Key Limen.

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

YUCK! The Key Limen was disgusting and the Sangria wasn't that great either, it was too sweet. I ended up giving Emily the Sangria and throwing the Key Limen away. I love this brand of wines, they have shops in almost every Florida tourist city. The tangelo is my favorite! Unfortunately, they didn't have tangelo here.

More World Showcase touring next!

We stopped for some beautiful sights of the Epcot ball in front of Italy!

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

I really wish they had a real gondola ride in Italy. That would be awesome!!!

IMG_2463.jpg

I loved these Italian Mickeys. They were so cute. I contemplated getting one.

IMG_2464.jpg

Emily wearing her Italian roots.

IMG_2465.jpg

And now a photoshoot of one my favorite drinks that I learned about in Epcot- Rosa Regale!

IMG_2469.jpg

And next up is my most favorite country in the World Showcase- Germany. I have a strong affection for Germany as I studied it in school and went to Germany in college.

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

I love this shirt and thought about buying it on my trip but I believe these are mens shirt and the Small was just too big for me

IMG_2473.jpg

We rode Maelstrom in Norway and then took some goofy pics in the gift shop. Boy do I love the smell of Norway. Good thing I got that Laila perfume for Christmas!

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

One of my other goals for today was to get margaritas at La Cava del Tequila. So, we went in and the line was ridiculously long! It was like 20 people deep. Great, there went my idea.

But, I went up to see if there were any tables and there was one! All the people waiting were for to go drinks.

Emily and I both got the infamous avocado margaritas. It was a little too sweet for me but the texture was really good. I liked the flavor just wished it had a little more kick.

Emily was upset they don't serve them in cool glasses during the festival and corey was mad they didn't have the chips and queso we wanted to get!

IMG_2478.jpg

Here was the aftermath. Emily finished hers, I didn't!! The table across from us was an odd couple. I think it was a son and mother but it could be a couple. The woman looked like she was 95 years old and the man like 60-70. I really hope that woman was using a scooter!

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

The Mexican pavilion is definitely one of the prettiest.

After this we went over to ride Mission Space. Bad idea- not good to ride this after drinking a marg. Emily felt really queasy after this and her stomach hurt. We met this really cool cool that was probably about 60. They were so excited for this ride and seemed so in love. I hope I am that way at their age.

IMG_2503.jpg

We passed the Test Track area on the way. So sad I couldn't ride it this trip.

IMG_2501.jpg

Haha, I can't take kissing pictures in public either! Before the wedding, I was like, "OMG, we have to kiss in front of my parents! AND MY GRANDPARENTS!" It's just so awkward!

Hahaha I love your 'almost' kiss picture. Too cute.

Too bad you felt sick on M:S! :( I'm sure I would too, with our without drinking involved! :laughing:

After Mission Try-Not-To-Puke I need to pick up tickets for our Mixology Seminar.

We headed to the Food and Wine Festival Center which I realized the last time I was in that building was probably 14 years ago!

I got my tickets and then had to make a pit stop before I left. I walked back to the chocolate room and got drinking chocolate!

IMG_2505.jpg

It wasn't that great. It was like drinking cocoa powder!

After I drank my chocolate which I only had like 1/2 of we went to use our fastpasses for Soarin.

IMG_2506.jpg

We had a weird experience in line. Right behind us was a tour guide with a VIP group. There was two moms with about 3 kids ages 5-9? You could just see tell they were rich by their jewelry and demeanor. They weren't conceited or rude though. Well the tour guide was acting really weird with the kids. He was like obsessively tickling this boy the entire time and he was being really touchy. It was almost like they knew him as a family friend but I don't think that was the case. It sounded like they have been to Disney multiple times and every time they come they get this tour guide. Wouldn't that be nice!!

Emily liked Soarin but this is the first time that those squiggles were noticeable. In the beginning there was squiggly lines throughout the entire screen. It was like a long hair was in the film or something. It was bad. Upgrade time for Soarin!

We had a bit of time to kill before our Mixology so we went into Mousegears. I found some PJs I wanted really bad!!

IMG_2511.jpg

And corey found a hat he really wanted!! ( Haha I pray to God he does not go on here)

IMG_2512.jpg

Lol he looks so bad***!

Now time for our drunk session:lmao:

The sponsor for our session was Cointreau and Mt Gay Rum.

Corey does not drink so I only bought tickets for Emily and I. Luckily, Corey could still listen. He just sat in the back of the room on benches.

IMG_2513.jpg

We had two drunk obnoxious guys to the left of us and it almost seemed like they were hitting on us. Then in front of us we had a couple that was making out the entire time and had their hands all over each other! Puke!!

There was a huge pitcher of water on the table and that was nice. I drank a lot of water!

The drink mixer was a goofball. He thought he was hilarious but he wasn't.

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

The first drink was a fall harvest sangria. It was really sweet and had cinnamon in it. I didn't care for this drinkl.

IMG_2516.jpg

The second drink was a Coronarita. It had a good marg flavor but that alcohol packed a powerful punch!

IMG_2518.jpg

The third drink was a tropical punch. This one was my favorite! It wasn't too sweet but not too strong.

IMG_2520.jpg

Heres Corey enthralled listening in!

IMG_2519.jpg

That person videotaping knew the presenter because he kept hooting and hollering for him.

All in all the Mixology was a lot of fun. It was only $14 so it was good fun! The drinks together were about 1 full drink so if you are looking to get a good value on alcohol this isn't it. But it was fun to dry different recipes and see how different flavors go together. We got the recipes for these drinks and a hot toddy that they serve at the PFTS!

We even got a goodie bag with a margarita glass and a corona holder! it was kind of awkward and annoying to carry around glass in the park after but it was a nice gesture!

IMG_2528.jpg

Before the seminar we decided to go to Via Napoli for dinner. I had two ressies one for the next day so we decided to do dinner tonight! Our reservation was at 6:45 and we didn't get out of the seminar until like 6:55 so we were a little late to Via Napoli.

Late to the party but subbing in. I was already following your dining review for this trip so it's fun reading about the rest of the trip. I'm in Minnesota too. That snow was pretty but sure made driving messy. I'm so jealous that you got to go twice in just a few months. We try to go every other year!
Thanks for joining in to this and my dining review!! I hate snow!!!! We try to go every year but lately its been more than once every year!!! Oopsie!

Hi, joining in! I started reading your solo TR last night on my phone, then I noticed you had another one, so I started reading this one and I realized we were in Disney almost at the same time! I was there from November 8-17 (if you want to read my TR, my link is in my sig, I'm just starting Day 3 so not much to get caught up on yet!)

My DH and I were together for 10 years before he proposed AND he proposed in Disney, so don't worry, there's still time for your bf! :cool1:

Isn't the Art of Animation amazing? We stayed there for one night in November before we moved to POR and I loved it, I really want to spend more time there! We didn't get to check out the pools or walk around or anything!

Ahhh there's so much I wanted to comment on, and now I can't remember! :rotfl2: All I can remember is Le Cellier, because it was your last update! Le Cellier is my DH's and my favorite Disney restaurant and I'm in a bit of a depression because the changed the lunch menu! Not only is it 2 credits, but no more chocolate moose, no more cream cheese mashed potatoes...not good. I'm sure we will still go there, but I won't be using the dining plan anymore either, and we'll probably go only once a trip (we've been known to go at least 2 or 3 times in a week...I'm telling you, we're obsessed! :rotfl2:)

Can't wait to read more!

Aw I am so glad I still have hope. My dream is for him to propose in Disney World!!! I did comment on your trip report! I didn't even realize about the chocolate mousse! Now I am p'oed! I love that dessert!!

All caught up! I am also sad about Le Cellier being 2 credits all of the time, it isn't worth it IMO, but I do enjoy it. I've never been at lunch either, so I didn't know about them singing the National Anthem, that's kind of neat! (although I am Canadian and I like the American anthem better lol) And your dessert is huge! The one picture it didn't look too bad, but you can really see how big it is in the picture where you are holding it
Haha thats funny that you like the american national anthem better!

Haha, I can't take kissing pictures in public either! Before the wedding, I was like, "OMG, we have to kiss in front of my parents! AND MY GRANDPARENTS!" It's just so awkward!

I am glad I am not the only person that feels that way. I hate kissing in public and i don't want people watching me.

Hahaha I love your 'almost' kiss picture. Too cute.

Too bad you felt sick on M:S! :( I'm sure I would too, with our without drinking involved! :laughing:

Lol I know isn't it funny? I couldn't stop laughing!

unless it's raining- if the line at the people mover is more than 5-10 minutes- you are at the MK at the WRONG day. This happened to us last year. We had given up on park hoppers a few years back when we had to start going when school was put instead of off peak times. Hopping just doesn't work with high volume times as all the FPs you get are for later in the day, and then when you go to the next park, all the FPs have been handed out...but last year we got a deal and added it on...good thing. It rained, no POURED on one of our MK days...Thunder and splash mtn were closed, and ther was even a 30-40 minute wait on People mover by people just looking to get out of the rain. So we did a few things we never do (Carousel of Progress) and hopped over to Epcot- thank goodness.

I am sad Le Cellier will be two credits now for lunch. I don't think I will be using the dining plan here again. Heck, if the dining plan keeps increasing at the same rate it has been I won't be using that again either!

Yes- likewise- just had to cancel lunch in june. We stopped doing the DP a few years back (started with the original that included appetizers and gratuity- felt new plan wasnt a great deal- tried the delux plan a couple of times -way too much food) - sicne they have reduced the value- would just rather order wha twe want and pay accordingly.

Just not going to drop $40 on a steak for lunch

Love the World Showcase pictures! Haha, my DH and I are the same way about kissing in public, we just don't like to! We put up with it at Disney, when the Photopass people make you do it, but we always end up laughing because it's just so awkward! :rotfl:

I love the Germany pavilion, not only is it really pretty but they have caramel! Yum!

I love La Cava's margaritas, I don't think I could drink the avocado one, considering I've never eaten an avocado in my life! But they look pretty!

Your seminar sounds like fun, except for the people making out in front of you, that's just rude. I mean, in public is one thing, but at Disney? It's just so strange to me! :confused3 :rotfl2:

unless it's raining- if the line at the people mover is more than 5-10 minutes- you are at the MK at the WRONG day. This happened to us last year. We had given up on park hoppers a few years back when we had to start going when school was put instead of off peak times. Hopping just doesn't work with high volume times as all the FPs you get are for later in the day, and then when you go to the next park, all the FPs have been handed out...but last year we got a deal and added it on...good thing. It rained, no POURED on one of our MK days...Thunder and splash mtn were closed, and ther was even a 30-40 minute wait on People mover by people just looking to get out of the rain. So we did a few things we never do (Carousel of Progress) and hopped over to Epcot- thank goodness.

Yes we were def in the MK at the wrong day. It was so crowded. I haven't ever seen the line that long! I gave up PH a long time ago! I miss it but not the cost and I have just as much fun not using it

Yes- likewise- just had to cancel lunch in june. We stopped doing the DP a few years back (started with the original that included appetizers and gratuity- felt new plan wasnt a great deal- tried the delux plan a couple of times -way too much food) - sicne they have reduced the value- would just rather order wha twe want and pay accordingly.

Just not going to drop $40 on a steak for lunch

The original DP would be sooo nice. I would feel guilty spending $40 on a steak at lunch too! unless we go cheap on dinner. I don't think how much it increases in price each year:sad1:

Love the World Showcase pictures! Haha, my DH and I are the same way about kissing in public, we just don't like to! We put up with it at Disney, when the Photopass people make you do it, but we always end up laughing because it's just so awkward! :rotfl:

I love the Germany pavilion, not only is it really pretty but they have caramel! Yum!

I love La Cava's margaritas, I don't think I could drink the avocado one, considering I've never eaten an avocado in my life! But they look pretty!

Your seminar sounds like fun, except for the people making out in front of you, that's just rude. I mean, in public is one thing, but at Disney? It's just so strange to me! :confused3 :rotfl2:
Obviously I don't even do well when Photopass people make us! I can't even do it! I want to try another La Cava marg. I think the blood orange sounds good! I love the caramels tooo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter