"A Fresh Start" WDW Vacation with a Newbie and the Boyfriend!- Nov TR COMPLETE 2/16!

Found your dining report over on the Restaurants Board and then came over here to read your TR. Great TR so far, I have enjoyed reading (read the whole thing today) Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! :)

I leave for Disney tomorrow at 6:25 am and have yet to pack!! Haha I am a procrastinator!

Hopefully I can check in once I get there. I have lots planned for the 3 days I am going to be there and then I have to go to the work stuff. Boo!

Well I guess I will pack. Good night!

I am at the airport and I feel so sick an nautious. It's a mixture of buttery popcorn I had at the movie last night and nerves. Lets hope I remembered everything I need!!

All caught up! What a fantastic meet and greet with Merida! That is why I love Disney. It is too bad that Pirates was down all day and the crowds were so bad. What a great Jungle Cruise skipper though - he looks like he would be a blast!

I hope that you are feeling better, have fun on your trip!

I love that you gave your wands away to little girls! I bet that meant the world to them!!!

I am totally bummed that you couldn't get into the previews. That stinks, but I do understand the reasoning… And I hate that you were feeling poorly! You aren't allowed to be sick or hurting at Disney! Doesn't your body understand that!?

I loved the meet and greet area in the Circus, but I do wish that Minnie was still over with Mickey in her red dress! I like her costume, but it's just not the same!

Hi Rachel! I'm now caught up with your TR. You really scored for Christmas - all of your gifts sounds great!

Evan looks like a hoot! (Well, he actually looks quite charming and easy on the eyes but I'll keep more of my opinon to myself!)

Sorry you couldn't see FLE! bummer for being there but not being able to see. :crazy2: Yikes, sore feet - no bueno. At least you were wearing your sneakers/runners.

I hope you have a wonderful trip to WDW this coming week. Enjoy your DxDP!

I'm all caught up, everything sounds great so far!
Thanks for reading!!
Sorry you were in pain and that you didn't get to see New Fantasyland! I'm so excited for you that you get to see it soon, though!!!!

Hahah... you don't think the Jungle Cruise is funny all the time? I find it hilarious. I love corny jokes. :lmao:
It is funny but some of the skippers just don't get that into it! This guy was so authentic!

Found your dining report over on the Restaurants Board and then came over here to read your TR. Great TR so far, I have enjoyed reading (read the whole thing today) Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! :)
Thanks! Hopefully I will finish it up soon. I need to start on my new trip report!:)

All caught up! What a fantastic meet and greet with Merida! That is why I love Disney. It is too bad that Pirates was down all day and the crowds were so bad. What a great Jungle Cruise skipper though - he looks like he would be a blast!

I hope that you are feeling better, have fun on your trip!
It was amazing!! I do feel better! It was just nerves!

I love that you gave your wands away to little girls! I bet that meant the world to them!!!

I am totally bummed that you couldn't get into the previews. That stinks, but I do understand the reasoning… And I hate that you were feeling poorly! You aren't allowed to be sick or hurting at Disney! Doesn't your body understand that!?

I loved the meet and greet area in the Circus, but I do wish that Minnie was still over with Mickey in her red dress! I like her costume, but it's just not the same!
I hope they liked their wands! I agree at Minnie. I loved meeting her and Mickey together.

Hi Rachel! I'm now caught up with your TR. You really scored for Christmas - all of your gifts sounds great!

Evan looks like a hoot! (Well, he actually looks quite charming and easy on the eyes but I'll keep more of my opinon to myself!)

Sorry you couldn't see FLE! bummer for being there but not being able to see. :crazy2: Yikes, sore feet - no bueno. At least you were wearing your sneakers/runners.

I hope you have a wonderful trip to WDW this coming week. Enjoy your DxDP!
Lol I thought Evan was cute too!!!! Really cute!! So handsome and funny! I did have a wonderful time! I will be adding my food pics to my dining and making a new trip report!

Yay, hooray, you're there! (Thanks, instagram.) I hope you're feeling better!

Haha gotta love instagram. I love instagram! I did feel better!

After we met Minnie and Daisy I didn't really feel that good. I felt like I was getting chills and I was nautious. So I decided I needed to sit in the air and have a snack. Since I had a counter service I went to Pinnochio's Village Haus and had a BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza.

IMG_2299.jpg

It was horrible. All of the toppings were piled in the middle and the chicken was bad and yucky.

I felt a little better after this even though Pinnochio's Village Haus was extremely crowded! Oh yeah and someone was rude to me in the line. I couldn't go anywhere (I was waiting for my food) and he was trying to get around her and basically yelled at and said EXCUSE ME!!!! really loud. I was not happy; I don't like being treated like that!

After lunch I was doing something I have never done before- go on Dumbo!! Well I might have went on when I was little. Never as an adult though! Emily and I used our fastpasses to go on Dumbo! I was excited.

I gave Corey my camera to take pictures of us to document this monumental occasion!

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

Please don't laugh at my god awful faces.

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

It was a cute ride but I felt like there was a delay when going up or down. It didn't move until a minute after moving the switch. The new Dumbo area is so cute and awesome!

After this Emily and Corey got ice cream. We wanted to go on the PeopleMover, but the line was ridiculous.

IMG_2311.jpg

I think during this time we checked out Pirates again to see if we could go on it but it was still closed. It never opened back up.

We left a little early because of the crowds and we decided to go to the Grand Floridian. Emily likes nice things so I knew she would like the grandeur of the GF!

We took a boat over which felt so nice. I love Disney boat rides.

IMG_2312.jpg

LOL, a little bright!
IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

The new play/water area is really cool.

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

We took the monorail then to the Contemporary.

We ran into a really happy CM at the monorail stop. (sarcasm). We were laughing along with him but now that I think about it it was a little inappropriate. Somehow we were talking about something expensive and I was like that is too expensive! The CM Was like you can afford it you are staying at the Grand Floridian! I was like no we aren't staying here we are cheap and staying at a value! Then he started talking about how expensive the GF was and how he would never spend that money. He then said he never would even stop foot in any Disney park and basically they would have to pay him to go to Disney World.

One of my goals was to take pictures in the cute Mickey ears outside of the contemporary.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

Next up: Dinner at the Wave

Getting caught up !! I love how you got a recording of Merida for your cousin. You are the best cousin EVER !!

We never go to MK on Saturday anymore. it is always the first park most people want to go to and most people get there on Saturday.

I can't wait to get some photos of Minnie, Donald and Goofy in their new outfits at the souvenir place.

I know you eventually got to see NFL on your short January trip though with emmebear. Didn't you love it ?? I can't wait until the coaster is done so I can see it all finished.

Susan

Ahhh I just love the Grand Floridian! What did Emily think of it??

AHHH CONTEMPORARY! I've never heard much about the Wave. Curious to see what you thought!

I got a couple updates behind. How did that happen?

Love this picture and I really like your pictures on Splash.

I really think a great captain on JC makes such a difference. But what's up with the ladies taking pictures non-stop with a flash.

That is the prettiest picture of a Dole Whip I have ever seen.

Sorry you didn't love your flatbread.

Weird that that CM made all those comments.

The Wave was good with the exception of our weird server! His name was Shiloh and he seriously went on for 5 minutes about the difference between Australian steak and Canadian steak. Also, when Corey was ordering he was like sorry I don't like certain things ( because he was subbing something out) Shiloh goes, it is okay I don't like things either- like car accidents. I am like what?? No one likes car accidents! Haha he was funny but a good server!

I got the steak and loooved the butternut squash risotto. The steak was very good also.

IMG_2330.jpg

I ordered the Creamy Indulgence Dessert. I loved the chocolate mousse. The other two were just meh!

IMG_2334.jpg

After dinner we went back to Magic Kingdom via Monorail to try to ride some rides. I literally think we went on 3 rides prior to this!

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

Our first ride of the night was Haunted Mansion! That stretching room always confuses me! There was major funnel problems leading to the inside. I hate that part. You just have to hold hands and go!

IMG_2345.jpg

Next we rode the Peoplemover. I never get tired of that. I could ride that repeatedly for 2 hours.

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

We then rode Buzz Lightyear! I let Emily and Corey go together and I took pictures.

IMG_2362.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

Here is my score. LOL

Haha, I was not doing it the entire time!

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

Here is their photo from the ride (staged of course!)

IMG_2375.jpg

Next Emily and I went on Space Mountain. That ride scares the crap out of me! I am so scared of getting decapitated! We had a fast pass but we still ended up waiting like 30 minutes! They have a horrible fastpass line. We also had obnoxious trashy people in line with us. They rode with us and the entire time he was screaming the f word. Obnoxious! Thankfully we weren't kids!

IMG_2376.jpg

Then we did another first: The Teacups!!! I had so much fun on this ride. I think I was getting slaphappy. I didn't want to spin because I was worried I would get sick but I ended up spinning it so fast!

IMG_2381.jpg

Dont ask on this pic! Lol I have no idea why I was pouting!!

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

On our way out I had to stop for a beautiful castle shot. We called it an early night because we were exhausted. I made up my mind that we were sleeping in tomorrow.

IMG_2391.jpg

We even stopped to watch a bit of the electrical parade. I absolutely love that parade so much more than Spectro. I Just love the music. Anytime I hear it I just start dancing!

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

I love that picture of you laughing on the tea cups :)

The steak looks so good, and creepy waiter! I think when they see a table of adults they get a little word vomit and don't really know what to say.

I'm afraid of space mountain for that reason.... Loosing my head!

I loved this update! That server did have a couple of very strange remarks… I ordered the same dessert as you at the Wave, it was so good!

I love the MK at night! You got some great pictures - silly Buzz faces, Teacups, the Castle (ahh!). You guys did a real great job showing your newbie around from the looks of it!

Getting caught up !! I love how you got a recording of Merida for your cousin. You are the best cousin EVER !!

We never go to MK on Saturday anymore. it is always the first park most people want to go to and most people get there on Saturday.

I can't wait to get some photos of Minnie, Donald and Goofy in their new outfits at the souvenir place.

I know you eventually got to see NFL on your short January trip though with emmebear. Didn't you love it ?? I can't wait until the coaster is done so I can see it all finished.

Susan

I know, I am a good cousin! She was so happy! I definitely will never go to MK anymore. It was horrible. I did love the new FLE!! It was awesome. I was soo glad I got to see it. I had soo much fun with emmebear!!

Ahhh I just love the Grand Floridian! What did Emily think of it??

AHHH CONTEMPORARY! I've never heard much about the Wave. Curious to see what you thought!
I think she loved the GF! She couldn't believe people pay that much though! I have an in depth review of the Wave on my dining review. I did enjoy it.

I got a couple updates behind. How did that happen?

Love this picture and I really like your pictures on Splash.

I really think a great captain on JC makes such a difference. But what's up with the ladies taking pictures non-stop with a flash.

That is the prettiest picture of a Dole Whip I have ever seen.

Sorry you didn't love your flatbread.

Weird that that CM made all those comments.

Yes it does make a difference. Some are just so dull! This guy was hilarious. I wish I could ride it with him again!!!

I love that picture of you laughing on the tea cups :)

The steak looks so good, and creepy waiter! I think when they see a table of adults they get a little word vomit and don't really know what to say.

I'm afraid of space mountain for that reason.... Loosing my head!

I know, I love that pic too! I am surprised it came out that good because he doesn't know what hes doing on my camera. Yeah he was a little off. Nice, but off.

I loved this update! That server did have a couple of very strange remarks… I ordered the same dessert as you at the Wave, it was so good!

I love the MK at night! You got some great pictures - silly Buzz faces, Teacups, the Castle (ahh!). You guys did a real great job showing your newbie around from the looks of it!

I think she really enjoyed it! I don' think she would go back anytime soon because she just isn't a disney person or ever will be but she did have a lot of fun.

Since I made up my mind the day before that we were sleeping in, we did sleep in, and it felt glorious. We all needed it!

We didn't get to Epcot until 10:40 but that was okay because the next day we were spending at Epcot too!

IMG_2403.jpg

I was happy to be here during the Food and Wine Festival.

IMG_2404.jpg

The first thing we did was head to Soarin to get fastpasses. The time was at 4:30-5:30.

IMG_2405.jpg

Photo1593FourBySix.jpg

After getting our fastpasses we headed into the World Showcase towards the right and I spotted my first Food and Wine booth: Greece. I wanted to try the Griddled Greek Cheese.

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

It was really good but maybe a little too much honey. I would have preferred it to be less sweet. The pistachios were great with it though!

We had a bit of time to spare before our 11:30 lunch reservation at Le Cellier so we headed to England. England is special to Emily and I because I flew in to Dublin where she had an internship and then we went to London for the weekend so we will always have great memories of England!

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

I love this little fountain. It is so quaint and cute!

IMG_2412.jpg

Some swords in the England shop. Can you imagine buying one of these and fitting in your suitcase? LOL. They are expensive too!

IMG_2416.jpg

Acting prim and proper..or just odd!

IMG_2417.jpg

Does anyone know what this room is in the back of the shop??? Is it supposed to be from Peter Pan??

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

It was at this point that Emily decided this would be her favorite park! I knew she would like it because she is a very international person. We traveled to a lot of countries in college and she really likes anything international.

Looks like yall had fun at MK! Gotta love it.

That's cool that you and Emily went to England together! I'm not certain but I think that little room is where Tigger and Pooh do meets!

I'm loving your pictures so much!
The ones in Buzz are fantastic!
You never really see any pictures from inside.

A well planned sleep in is always glorious!

Can you imagine buying one of these and fitting in your suitcase?
And getting it through airport security...:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter