A couple of questions about CM's...anyone know?

Petenboo04 said:
Spoke to my favorite bartender today before they left port
:banana: :drinking1 :banana: You are so right about those accents, totally irresistible :cloud9:

So nice to hear somebody calling the accent irresistible - I just had somebody in a shop here in Vancouver (BC) tell me "Oh, but you do have such a funny accent!" :confused3 And I wasn't even making a joke....:sick:

Rena75 said:
Well, the one that we saw was pretty darn cute! It's like our boys here in Southern California, only with an irresistible accent.

My daughter is sold.... :rotfl:

Could this be the young man you are talking about, he was very popular on our cruise see picture below hope you can see it he was very tired, we actually had to walk him up.

sfdisneycruise2005.jpg

I like Gede too!!!! He was a great assistant server, had a lot of fun with him and Micho. I also like a CM named Darren and can't forget about Nick!!!!!

I agree with the accents, I could listen to their accents all day long!!!!!

Rena75 said:
Yes, we really liked him, too. He was a little hard to understand sometimes but he was so sweet.

I've heard several people talk about the "repo" cruise - what exactly is that? I'm fairly new to the boards and I'm not sure what that is!

As for your other favorite CM - trying to keep him all to yourself, huh!? :earboy2: ;)
Rena, you are too funny. Yep, keeping this CM to myself. :rotfl: Glad someone explained the repo cruise to you. Gede is definitely hard to understand. He talks so quietly. His eyes would light up whenever we would see him. He said he would send us a pic of the wedding. Sure hope so.

Rena75 said:
Thanks so much, I'll let Breezy know! He's one of the reasons she wants to go on another cruise! :lovestruc

Tell Michael that if he ever makes it to Southern California, he has a tour guide that would be more than willing to show him the sights! :sunny: ;)

I will be sure to do that!! LOL :sunny: Hope you have a great weekend. Think about the May 28, 2006 trip that we are on. My DD is 18, will be 19 when we cruise :flower:

patche said:
So nice to hear somebody calling the accent irresistible - I just had somebody in a shop here in Vancouver (BC) tell me "Oh, but you do have such a funny accent!" :confused3 And I wasn't even making a joke....:sick:

:confused3 How is that possible? :confused3 Well I personally think the accent is irresitible and that person definitely doesn't know what they are talking about!! :flower:

patche said:

How rude! If they don't appreciate you up there, come down to the States - we love your accent....okay, well, I can't really speak for everyone down here but Breezy and I do (and we can be pretty loud)!!

:hug:

MyLove4Disney said:
Could this be the young man you are talking about, he was very popular on our cruise see picture below hope you can see it he was very tired, we actually had to walk him up.

Thanks for the picture but he isn't the right one - although he's a cutie, too!

jiminyC_fan said:
Gede is definitely hard to understand. He talks so quietly. His eyes would light up whenever we would see him. He said he would send us a pic of the wedding. Sure hope so.

There were a couple of times when he would talk so fast that we had a lot of trouble understanding him.

Breezy would look at me and say, "What did he say?" I'd say, "Haven't got a clue - just nod and smile." :teeth: Other than that, he was a doll!

If he does send you a picture, we'd love to see it!

MyLove4Disney said:
Disneyland at least 50 times 1st time at age 12 for only 3 hours when they had E tickets.

I grew up very close to Disneyland and growing up my family went there a lot (which wasn't easy with 7 kids). My mother had the ticket books for years - of course, all the E-tickets were missing 'cause they were the best!

For reasons unknown, she threw them out. What I wouldn't give to have those now.

We still go to Disneyland a lot and I love to tell my kids about all the old rides that used to be there. I have a little home movie of some of them that my father took. Ah, the good old days....

Petenboo04 said:
I will be sure to do that!! LOL :sunny: Hope you have a great weekend. Think about the May 28, 2006 trip that we are on. My DD is 18, will be 19 when we cruise :flower:

Wouldn't that be fun!? My Breezy will be 21 in April. I'll have to look into a way for us girls to head off without the boys again!

Hmmm, do you think "alien abduction" would work!? :scratchin :teleport:

Rena75 said:
Wouldn't that be fun!? My Breezy will be 21 in April. I'll have to look into a way for us girls to head off without the boys again!

Hmmm, do you think "alien abduction" would work!? :scratchin :teleport:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: "alien abduction"? You could try, but not too sure that would work. By May I won't have to worry about any boys!! LOL Long story.

If you get the chance, check it out. My girlfriend and her daughter are also going. Hmmm, think we could get into any trouble? :rolleyes1 ::yes:: :angel:

I can't speak for all the CMs but I do know that the entertainment people probably don't have it as bad as some of the other ones. As you know, they are there to entertain so they have their shows to do plus numerous other appearances but they do get time off and chances are when you are at port and are shopping, they are likely right beside you :smooth: .

I believe they are allowed to roam the ship as long as they are in "Disney attire", so you likely wouldn't even know who they are. They are also actually paid quite well.

Disney is a very good cruise line to work for and they treat the entertainers very very well. Their flights are paid for and in case of an emergency, Disney is absolutely top notch in what they provide to them. :sunny:

Petenboo04 said:
If you get the chance, check it out. My girlfriend and her daughter are also going. Hmmm, think we could get into any trouble? :rolleyes1 ::yes:: :angel:

Us? Get into trouble? Let's hope so!!! ;)

krzkat said:
I can't speak for all the CMs but I do know that the entertainment people probably don't have it as bad as some of the other ones. As you know, they are there to entertain so they have their shows to do plus numerous other appearances but they do get time off and chances are when you are at port and are shopping, they are likely right beside you :smooth: .

I believe they are allowed to roam the ship as long as they are in "Disney attire", so you likely wouldn't even know who they are. They are also actually paid quite well.

Disney is a very good cruise line to work for and they treat the entertainers very very well. Their flights are paid for and in case of an emergency, Disney is absolutely top notch in what they provide to them. :sunny:

Thanks for letting us know - that makes me feel better.

Geez, there for awhile I was imagining them having to be at the bottom of the ship with oars during their off-time - "Heave-ho!"

I'm so glad to hear that Disney treats them well and that they have a good time on the ship. It makes the whole experience even more special.

Thank you, krzkat!

Well, I still miss a certain South African.........I hope he comes back someday!! :smooth: All I say after cruising for the last four summers.........some of the CMs have been there for each of the last four cruises...so.....some of them truly enjoy the DCL cruise experience. It has been very special to see them each summer! :grouphug:

pogopossum said:
we were dismayed to find out that many cruisers don't tip the waitstaff, in fact skip the last meal in order to avoid tipping. i know that many feel that cruising is expensive, but would they think of eating out at their favorite restaurant and not tipping the waiter or waitress that they know there? it's kind of the same thing.
On our first cruise, we did not notice a drop in dinner attendance the last night. And many of us charged our tips to our shipboard account.
I'm sure there are a few scoundrels who skip out...but I would say that most people plan on tipping. Not looking forward to the tip bill for 5....(why DH & I will do our cruising w/o kids, except this Christmas Disney cruise!)
I am going to bring a few thank you notes, and some phone cards for kids club staff.
Happy cruising!
Kristin

KKB said:
On our first cruise, we did not notice a drop in dinner attendance the last night. And many of us charged our tips to our shipboard account.
I'm sure there are a few scoundrels who skip out...but I would say that most people plan on tipping. Not looking forward to the tip bill for 5....(why DH & I will do our cruising w/o kids, except this Christmas Disney cruise!)
I am going to bring a few thank you notes, and some phone cards for kids club staff.
Happy cruising!
Kristin

I would hope that people would not skip out on giving their tips - I saw how hard some of the CM's work and they should be rewarded for all that they do.

I have to say that after reading the helpful hints on this board and being told to put all the tip money in an envelope and leaving it in the safe helped me alot. Then I didn't even have to think about it until the last evening.

Petenboo04 said:
:drinking1 You are a girl after my own heart!!!LOL Hope you will be able to join us, and Not Get In Trouble, LOL :rotfl2:

Okay, but I have to warn you in advance - I have been known to wear jeans on occasion (as you can see in our picture). :earseek:

I'm not so sure you'd want to be seen with me! :earboy2: ;)

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter