A couple of questions about CM's...anyone know?

Rena75 said:
Are you in the path of Wilma? I hope you will be okay - it's supposed to be a bad one.

Sending good thoughts!

As of right now, it is still looking like we are definitely in Wilmas path. We are in Lee County/Cape Coral, not too far from Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte. We are keeping a close eye on her. Thanks for asking and the good thoughts! :sunny: I could really go for one of those special drinks that my fav. bartender from South Africa makes! :drinking1 :cloud9: When were you and your DD planning on going back on the DCL?

Petenboo04 said:
As of right now, it is still looking like we are definitely in Wilmas path. We are in Lee County/Cape Coral, not too far from Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte. We are keeping a close eye on her. Thanks for asking and the good thoughts! :sunny: I could really go for one of those special drinks that my fav. bartender from South Africa makes! :drinking1 :cloud9: When were you and your DD planning on going back on the DCL?

How scary for you all - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

If my daughter had her way, she would have never left the ship! We would like to go back as soon as possible - we'd like to wait until all this crazy weather is over, though!

We were SO lucky on our cruise. We were between hurricanes and the weather was absolutely gorgeous.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing down there!

We have a great friend who is a CM onboard and they do not get a day off in a 6month contract at all and they work up to 90hours a week. Disney pay for the flights to and from Flo, providing you complete your contract. Basic pay is very low, and many guests do not leave a tip. But is a good thing for young people to do, as you meet so many new friends from many countries.I wish that i wasnt too old to do it. ::MickeyMo

Rena75 said:
How scary for you all - I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

If my daughter had her way, she would have never left the ship! We would like to go back as soon as possible - we'd like to wait until all this crazy weather is over, though!

We were SO lucky on our cruise. We were between hurricanes and the weather was absolutely gorgeous.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing down there!

I will let you know how all is going here. Looks like they are now predicting it to hit sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning :confused3
My daughter and I are booked on the Wonder for May 28, 06 :banana: and are counting down the days :hourglass Are you and your daughter looking to go on the Magic or Wonder?
My fav. bartender is going to have a drink waiting for me :banana: :drinking1 :banana:

Rena75 said:
As for servers, we loved Gede. Breezy was very impressed with this trick he did balancing forks on toothpicks, perched on the cork of a wine bottle. He was so sweet and remembered how much she liked curry and brought some to her without having to be asked. Anyone that brings Breezy curry is her new best friend!
We absolutely love Gede as well. We had him in Oct of 2004 and bumped into him on our repo cruise. He is getting married and is very excited. What a great guy! We also have another favorite CM on the ship that I choose not to name. ;)

I believe CM's do not get FULL days off, but they do get alotted time off (and can earn more by good reviews- customer feedback)

Karen

Petenboo04 said:
I will let you know how all is going here. Looks like they are now predicting it to hit sometime between Sunday night and Monday morning :confused3
My daughter and I are booked on the Wonder for May 28, 06 :banana: and are counting down the days :hourglass Are you and your daughter looking to go on the Magic or Wonder?
My fav. bartender is going to have a drink waiting for me :banana: :drinking1 :banana:

Well, I hope that by the time it gets to you, it's just a little wind storm! :teeth:

We don't have any definite plans right now but we would love to do a 7-day cruise. Like I said, she wants to leave right now but she's always been like that - she prefers being on vacation where my son is a real homebody!

We are saving our pennies, though, because we will be going...and hopefully it will be soon!

patche said:
Hee hee, we do have cute guys in South Africa, don't we? :love:

Well, the one that we saw was pretty darn cute! It's like our boys here in Southern California, only with an irresistible accent.

My daughter is sold.... :rotfl:

jiminyC_fan said:
We absolutely love Gede as well. We had him in Oct of 2004 and bumped into him on our repo cruise. He is getting married and is very excited. What a great guy! We also have another favorite CM on the ship that I choose not to name. ;)

Yes, we really liked him, too. He was a little hard to understand sometimes but he was so sweet.

I've heard several people talk about the "repo" cruise - what exactly is that? I'm fairly new to the boards and I'm not sure what that is!

As for your other favorite CM - trying to keep him all to yourself, huh!? :earboy2: ;)

The "repo" cruises were the 14 day repositioning cruises that took the Magic from the Cape thru the Panama Canal up to Disneyland and the second Repo cruise went from the West back to Port Canaveral

- David

Rena75 said:
Well, the one that we saw was pretty darn cute! It's like our boys here in Southern California, only with an irresistible accent.

My daughter is sold.... :rotfl:

Spoke to my favorite bartender today before they left port
:banana: :drinking1 :banana: You are so right about those accents, totally irresistible :cloud9:

djs113 said:
The "repo" cruises were the 14 day repositioning cruises that took the Magic from the Cape thru the Panama Canal up to Disneyland and the second Repo cruise went from the West back to Port Canaveral

Thank you so much, David, I've heard people talking about it but wasn't sure what it was. Thanks for clearing that up!

Is DCL coming out of California something new?

Petenboo04 said:
Spoke to my favorite bartender today before they left port :banana: :drinking1 :banana: You are so right about those accents, totally irresistible :cloud9:

Oh, so you keep in touch - lucky you!

Send my daughter's "best wishes" to her favorite!!! :love:

Rena75 said:
Oh, so you keep in touch - lucky you!

Send my daughter's "best wishes" to her favorite!!! :love:

He knows who her favorite is so I will be sure to do that on Sunday for her!!! LOL ;) I usually get to talk to him on Thursday and Sunday. It definitely makes my day to hear that accent :flower1:

We met a "dancer/entertainer" in the hot tub one night and he told us that DCL was one of the best lines to work for in the entertainment field. They were allowed to hang out in public areas and enjoy the ship... he loved it. We also danced one night (70s night and yes I was in the Gloria Gaynor contest!!!) with about 5 staff from the SPA. They loved their jobs and danced at least 2-3 times a week in the disco!!!!

we were dismayed to find out that many cruisers don't tip the waitstaff, in fact skip the last meal in order to avoid tipping. i know that many feel that cruising is expensive, but would they think of eating out at their favorite restaurant and not tipping the waiter or waitress that they know there? it's kind of the same thing.

Petenboo04 said:
He knows who her favorite is so I will be sure to do that on Sunday for her!!! LOL ;) I usually get to talk to him on Thursday and Sunday. It definitely makes my day to hear that accent :flower1:

Thanks so much, I'll let Breezy know! He's one of the reasons she wants to go on another cruise! :lovestruc

Tell Michael that if he ever makes it to Southern California, he has a tour guide that would be more than willing to show him the sights! :sunny: ;)

MNmom said:
We met a "dancer/entertainer" in the hot tub one night and he told us that DCL was one of the best lines to work for in the entertainment field. They were allowed to hang out in public areas and enjoy the ship... he loved it. We also danced one night (70s night and yes I was in the Gloria Gaynor contest!!!) with about 5 staff from the SPA. They loved their jobs and danced at least 2-3 times a week in the disco!!!!

I'm really glad to hear that from someone who works on the ship because it sounds like a great job to me and I was hoping that they were treated well.

To be young, get to travel and meet new people all the time - that would be a dream for me. Hmmm, do you think they need middle-aged mothers!? :rotfl2: I'd be willing to wear one of the costumes, then no one would know how old I am! :teeth:

pogopossum said:
we were dismayed to find out that many cruisers don't tip the waitstaff, in fact skip the last meal in order to avoid tipping. i know that many feel that cruising is expensive, but would they think of eating out at their favorite restaurant and not tipping the waiter or waitress that they know there? it's kind of the same thing.

That's really sad and wrong. They work so hard to make sure your vacation is enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter