9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

What a great day! That sounds like a good plan for at least one day - stay through the parade somewhere, then head back to the room for pool time and dinner at the resort. I think I could do that...

I love how Hannah poses for some of the pictures. Reminds me of my DD - there's always a pose involved with her. ;) Thanksfor another update - keep them coming!

Sounds like a great day. It was nice for you to have sometime with just the girls. Glad you got Nemo and the parade in.

Great update! I love AK, it is themed so well. Do you have any pictures of your room? Were you in a refurbed room? Have they updated the tv's?

Yes, props for DH for taking Luke back to the hotel. Cold frosty drinks look like they go well with the parade! And yet another extra cool pool. Love those Mayan ruins!:thumbsup2

Em's sunglasses are so stinkin' cute!!!!! Where did you find those? Do you recall if they sold them in 'boy colors'?

You are really rockin' AK - so many rides and shows so quickly! I hope we can make it to FOTLK this time around, I hear its an awesome show. Henry did NOT like Nemo, but we were in the front row, so I think it was all just too much for him. We'll try again, especially now since he knows who Nemo is! :goodvibes Sorry you had to deal with the rude Mom's and kids. I agree---bad parenting!

Glad to read EE was a hit! :thumbsup2

The glasses are way old... probably from Hannah's first trip, so I am not sure if they still have them.

FOTLK is awesome. I am not sure which one I like best. I loved Nemo because it was new to us, but I always am thrilled to see Lion King, I am not sure I could pass it by.

I am so impressed with all the scrapping you got accomplished! I need to pull out our Disney album from last August and get that done before the baby arrives. I know I'll never get caught up if I don't!

Luke is almost to Disney... the girls are still in Dec. I hope to knock them out the next week or so, doing the Disney pages will be my reward!

You are rockin' on your scrapbooking! I cannot get motivated. I have pictures printed out but no desire to go upstairs to get it done.

I had a huge stack of pictures printed in May... they sat here for almost two months. Now that the mess is out, Luke is sleeping all night, it is time to get cracking for me.

You are inspiring me -- I will get some scrapbooking done today if nothing else gets done! :goodvibes

Did you get some done?

Love your AK update!! You had some great character meets and you are right Flik does have the best backdrop of any character!! It really does seem like you guys were having a great day!! Can't wait to hear more on what you guys decide to do!!

I haven't seen FOTLK but I'm in love with Nemo it was a fantastic show!!!!

Wow there are people who are caught up with their scrapbooking or close to it....I need to be inspired by this people LOL I'm so far behind its not even funny LOL

Last summer I was way behind... I swore never again. I find that summer is my time to get pages done. No great TV, no schoolwork!

I love your latest update. You guys really made the most of your AK morning. Wow - good fast pass attack and way to go - seeing both shows before noon.

If you decide to go to Vero beach, I think you will really like it. I stayed there for three nights last summer. If you want to see pics click on my June 2008 TR. I posted tons of pics. We stayed in a 1BR which had a fabulous view of the ocean. We were so lucky to get that room. My understanding is that the OVIR (ocean view inn rooms) are the nicest. They have the same amenities as a studio, but a different configuration. The best part is - the ocean view! Let me tell you - the ocean view is really something you want here. It is fabulous in the morning and fabulous at night! Not all of the studios have ocean views.

Your kids will love Vero because there is a ton for the kids to do here. It's really a lovely place and I look forward to going back!

Thank you so much for the advice on room type. I need to write that down. I for sure want an ocean view!

love the update! and the family picture of you all is great!!!

We were awfully hot and stinky but the picture is pretty good.

great day so far at AK--loved the Pocahontas' area--I haven't been there:thumbsup2

I had not seen any pics of that area or heard what they were doing there since the show was cut.... I was glad to share!

This was a better day than I expected. In terms of the heat, it was probably the coolest day weather wise that we had, which was fantastic for being at AK- the hot park. Our meals were good, our snacks refreshing, and the kids were good.

Great day, Laura! A complete turnaround! That pool looks amazing!!

How sweet of you to spread the magic by giving the FPs to those newlyweds... I'm sure they appreciated them tremendously!

Relieved you found the ziplock bag.... what a sweetie hubby was to take Luke back for his nap! :lovestruc

Kathy

My parents LOVE the Pepper Market. The best thing is on the dinning plan it counted as a Counter Service. But the food seems more like a Table Service! :thumbsup2

I really wanna try out that pool! How cool are those stairs!

-nat

My only complaint about Pepper Market is it take a while... to get your food and the whole process takes longer. The food was good, and the service I thought was great in there though. Lots of yummy choices... I was sure glad we were on the dining plan though... it was super expensive.

My DH and mom got the steaks that were super expensive, so they used the dining plan to their advantage that night.

The pool is great, fun slide. There were always chairs available too!

What a wonderful ending to your AK day. DH gets the prize for taking Luke back to the room. Yay!

I love Hannah's pose at the pool, super cute, she looks like a little Diva.

The set up of Pepper Market seems really weird. :confused3

They explain it to you, and it is a bit overwhelming. However the food was good, there were lots of choices and it is a great deal on the dining plan.

DH was great to take Luke... but he wanted a nap too!

I just love Hannah's pose in this one!

So glad the ziplock turned up, even though it wasn't important, it surely was a relief to have found it.

Sounds like you had a great day! Can't wait to read all about MK!

It was nice to have the second formula dispenser.... that way were were prepared for Luke and the fan too! Although he enjoyed pulling the fan off and playing with it a bit too much.

WOW!! I'm all caught up! We were gone for a long weekend in Dallas and I've missed so much! I loved your Epcot and AK pics!! You lucked up in the UK getting Mary Poppins, Alice, AND Pooh and friends. When we were there it was only Pooh and friends. That's awful about your wet bags!! But glad you found your lost one! AK looked like a great day! We just loved the Nemo show when we went! And where was that section where you met Pocahontas? We met her at Camp Minnie Mickey--but that was the day it rained 11 inches. We missed a lot of that park. The parade looks really cute, too! They canceled it the day we were there. Great updates! Can't wait for more!!

The parade was great, sorry you missed it. Pocahontas was back in Camp Minnie Mickey, where her old show used to be. Poor Mary and Alice were in a small space in the UK... it was quite cramped, but we were glad to catch them.

so glad you got to see the parade!!!
You mentrioned how well your kids behave at the same time I was thinking that--you have some awesome children who take great pictures:goodvibes

The kids were great that day, and really overall. Our next day though all the kids had a meltdowns though (and me too)

Great update Laura! Thos esunglasses Emily had on are SO CUTE, I love them!!!:lovestruc Geez, I can't stand it when parents don't follow through on threats, it is no wonder they didn't listen, they knew there would be no consequences!:sad2: Glad you got to see the show though! Your family picture in front of the tree is so cute!:thumbsup2

I actually feel bad for the kids... their parents are not helping them out at all!

What a great afternoon! I so want to see this parade, maybe Rob will take B. back to the hotel. A girl can dream. :)

Love Hannah's pose in the pool picture. :) Em is a champ w/the slides too. She needs to have a little talk with A. about pools and slides. :)

I'm so glad your bag was just misplaced and not lost. Like you said, not the end of the world, but still nice to have all of those things.

Yeah for MK!!

A would love the parade... maybe B will be asleep in the stroller and you will have to stay!

This was certainly a great ending to a great day!! Glad your bag was "found" and that the afternoon went well at the pool and dinner! Love those lemonage slushies, too!!! We had our fair share in the heat!!!! Your little girls are soooooooooo cute :)

Those lemonades were fantastic. Although AK had paper straws that made it a bit hard to drink.

I'm so glad you liked the parade! I think it's an awesome one - great music, fun characters, and those amazing, gigantic 'puppets'!

Look at Miss Hannah with her posing. Too cute!

Glad you found the missing bag. I hate to lose things!

Your love of the parade has caught me too. So fun! I could watch that everyday!

Love the parade pictures! THe CSR pool looks awesome!

It was a fun pool area, never too crowded either... unlike the other Moderates we have stayed at during the summer months!

when i first glanced at this picture i thought emily was holding a cigarette!!! :lmao: then i realized it was the paper straw from the frozen lemonade. :rolleyes1

so glad you got to see the parade! it's such a great little show. i love the music and it's so different from the other parades at WDW.

look at hannah posing!!! :rotfl:

Dawn that cracked me up....those paper straws are nasty... but better than no straws at all! We just did not drink them fast enough!

What a great AK day! Hannah was so brave to ride EE!

I love your parade photos. We have yet to see this and I am determined to see it next year!

I hope you can fit it in.. it is worth it!

YAY for seeing the parade!!! And for Em being so brave and riding on Kali river Rapids!! That makes for a great day!!!!

Glad you found your Ziploc bag of stuff and that you were able to enjoy the pool time!!

Pepper market sounds like a great place to eat!!!

It was my best ever day at AK, hands down!

OK...good to know I'm not the only one that thought it was a cig. :laughing: :laughing:

The rest of you AK was fantastic! Glad you finally got to see the parade. That is on my list for next time. So glad you found the Ziploc bag. That is sooooo something I would do...put it somewhere and then forget I put it where I find it! The TGM info is important! LOL

I really never looked at the TGM info other than the switch of EPCOT / AK days.

Hurray for DH taking Luke back, and hurray for Emily doing her first big ride and loving it! :banana:

We really liked the parade at AK also -- so colorful and fun!

I am so glad that you found the bag! What a relief!

Hannah and her bathing beauty pose cracked me up!

We really enjoyed the food at Pepper Market as well -- I still crave their nachos. :lmao:

I wanted those.. but I was afraid they would be so messy! Plus Luke ate a bunch of my chicken from my dinner.

I missed your parade update! You must have been posting yours as I was working on mine!:rotfl: The parade looks SO FUN! I would love to see it someday! We had a ton of lemonade slushies too! Yay to your DH for taking Luke!! The CSR pool looks like so much fun! Hannah's pose is TO MUCH!:lovestruc I am so happy you found your bag!!:goodvibes

The parade was great. I hope when we stay at AKV we can catch some late afternoons at AK or nights.

We hope to pool hop at CSR again someday!

GREAT day!!!! I am so glad everything worked out...that you got to see the parade, and that you found the BAG!!!!!!!

I cannot tell you enough.. your building for us was dead on perfect. We all said that was an awesome location!!!!!

Wonderful pictures of the parade and poolside, they made me fell the magic.

The pics don't do the pool justice. It is a great pool area!

What a great day! That sounds like a good plan for at least one day - stay through the parade somewhere, then head back to the room for pool time and dinner at the resort. I think I could do that...

I love how Hannah poses for some of the pictures. Reminds me of my DD - there's always a pose involved with her. ;) Thanksfor another update - keep them coming!

It is somewhat easier to stay and leave before night at times because of the bus time factor. I do have to say night at MK is my all time favorite... I could never give that up!

Sounds like a great day. It was nice for you to have sometime with just the girls. Glad you got Nemo and the parade in.

It was so fun riding Kali with Em. I cannot wait until she can do the big rides!

Great update! I love AK, it is themed so well. Do you have any pictures of your room? Were you in a refurbed room? Have they updated the tv's?

To be honest I have no room pics... we were stuffed with tons of junk in our rooms. Our room was refurbed and nice... flat screen tv and all!

Yes, props for DH for taking Luke back to the hotel. Cold frosty drinks look like they go well with the parade! And yet another extra cool pool. Love those Mayan ruins!:thumbsup2

I wish I had grabbed a popcorn for a snack... it was just hot though so drinks were all we really wanted.

Great day, Laura! A complete turnaround! That pool looks amazing!!

How sweet of you to spread the magic by giving the FPs to those newlyweds... I'm sure they appreciated them tremendously!

Relieved you found the ziplock bag.... what a sweetie hubby was to take Luke back for his nap! :lovestruc

Kathy

MK day was less magical. housekeeping issues, bus nuts, and three melt downs of kids and an ugly mom moment....

Nope, no scrapbooking for me today. We had the orthodontist consult this morning, and I think I was pretty worthless the rest of the day. I finally realized I wasn't getting anything done, so we headed to the pool. Tomorrow...I hope. :rolleyes:

I am so glad that location worked for you all!!! I was hoping it would! I am sure it was hard to come back to CSR after your time at the CR, but I hope your stay there was still good!

Great finish to your day at AK. Glad you got to stick around and see the parade. I love the AK parade. It's one of my favs. You really got to see and do a lot!

I wanted to try the Pepper Market while I was at CSR, but I was finished with the meal plan and had used up all my CS. The price just seemed a little high to pay OOP.

Did you start getting adjusted to your new room and move? I really had a hard time going from AKV to CSR. My organization was gone!

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for your MK update....:goodvibes

I will get started with the :scared1:day later tonight.

Nope, no scrapbooking for me today. We had the orthodontist consult this morning, and I think I was pretty worthless the rest of the day. I finally realized I wasn't getting anything done, so we headed to the pool. Tomorrow...I hope. :rolleyes:

I have been staying up too late scrapbooking, I think I am taking tonight off.

I am so glad that location worked for you all!!! I was hoping it would! I am sure it was hard to come back to CSR after your time at the CR, but I hope your stay there was still good!

We enjoyed CSR. Overall we have nothing bad to say about it, I personally like PO better but I am glad we stayed there.

Great finish to your day at AK. Glad you got to stick around and see the parade. I love the AK parade. It's one of my favs. You really got to see and do a lot!

I wanted to try the Pepper Market while I was at CSR, but I was finished with the meal plan and had used up all my CS. The price just seemed a little high to pay OOP.

Did you start getting adjusted to your new room and move? I really had a hard time going from AKV to CSR. My organization was gone!

Our room at CSR was always trashed. (part of today's update) My mom brought a lot of snacks, which with the heat and dining plan we did not eat. Plus strollers, etc.... we were stuffed!

I totally agree Pepper Market would be a killer out of pocket!

Way to go Doug taking Luke back like that. Looks like the girls had an awesome time at the parade. I know much you wanted to get there and I am glad you did! The pool looks so fun, and I think Pepper Market would be the #1 reason I'd want to stay at CSR.

Finally all caught up! Such a great report. Hope I can remember all I want to comment on!
We have some of the same princess shirts! Congrat on the upgrade! All your pool pics were so cute. Yay for Emily going all the way down the slide, Cayley stopped half way and I had to crawl down and get her at CBR-fun times LOL
CONGRATS on DVC. We are also buying and AKV is our front runner as of now. Though we are planning to go back in May and would like to try BLT for the monorail! Love the report so far!!

Ahhhh, loving all your CSR pictures! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great day at AK-your girls braving the 'big rides' and DH taking Luke! Plus accomplishing Nemo and the parade! I really enjoyed the parade there too-so unique and colorful and fun.

I'm glad to read you found the bag!!! :woohoo:

Hannah's pose at the pool is priceless. She's adorable! :cutie:

I am trying to get the update done. I am struggling with my photopass share copying (I got the CDs today... but grr I have two CDs with the same pictures, missing the last 120 pics. Of course I tried to call and the office was closed, so no resolving that today. Luckily my pictures are not the ones that I don't have, but I hoped to get the CDs out this weekend, and that is not going to happen now.

So the update is coming...

Saturday, June 20th

Magic Kingdom Day! This is always my favorite day, and this trip I was super excited. We had three MK mornings planned, and two nights, so we had lots of MK time. Plus dinner tonight was at Chef Mickey's does it get any better than that?

We were up and ready to go by 7:30 ish. Infact, DH called housekeeping to see if they could clean our room before we returned in the afternoon, we knew Luke would need a nap, and thought maybe it could happen. The CM assured him no problem, thanks for calling it would be done by 9! Great... and they would do my parents room too!

So we headed to the bus stop and had just a minute or two wait and we were off.

We arrived super early again, but we wanted to catch Dumbo and be in front of the rope drop crowd. I had tried to have our paper tickets put on our Keys to the World the day before at CSR... it did not work. Who knows why, but I was glad I kept the paper ones in my wallet... that would have been a mess!

We actually saw an old co-worker of DH's as we waited to get in...so we caught up with her and her husband.

We snapped a few pictures..

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

I have a picture of the girls sitting there from last year I tried to recreate... no go. they would not cooperate....

IMG_0380.jpg

We did not watch the show to open the park, but boy we sang along since we listen to it on our CD a ton. We promised we would watch it another day... we wanted to not give up our prize spot...

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Pretty empty... and we made it on the second ride of Dumbo for the day. We did witness a pusher upper who had not stayed with her group.... I cannot get why people think lines are not meant for them to wait in

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

As we were waiting for Dumbo we saw that Ariel was open, and the girls wanted to see her. I was not wanting to do this (they had their Tink dresses on, not the Ariel ones) but we went in... and once again the same lady pushed in front of us there... I need to get with my group. Luckily we did not see her again!

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

Then we rode Snow White and I headed over to wait for Tinkerbell. I was very specific... ride Winnie the Pooh and get the girls to me ASAP! The rest went on Winnie the Pooh, and I got over to Toontown. There were maybe five groups there, some with strollers which I knew they would have to park....I wanted the girls on foot so we would bypass that.

After waiting a few minutes I heard the CM say they would open at 9:45. I was getting a bit nervous that they would not be there... and people kept coming over. I see DH and the girls exit Winnie the Pooh...but they are not coming my way. At this point it is like 9:43 and my spot is a waste if I don't have the girls and I was just getting steaming mad. It was hot, and I had told him time and time again we needed to get this done today and first thing..... I gave up and went to find them, because the rope was dropping and I had no girls, who were in their beautiful dresses to see Tink. This was not my finest moment, and to be honest it is something I won't live down. It is referred to as the Tinkerbell Massacre!

I walked very briskly up to the Pooh Playful spot where they were all standing and lost it... I was so stinking mad that DH was just standing there with the girls. So after I screamed (yes I yelled) at him, I took the girls with me and off we went. We were now in the back of the pack that were entering Toontown, instead of the front. Looking back it probably only lost about twenty minutes.... but I was ticked I was standing in the heat and he did not listen. We did make up ground because we did not have the stroller...and I was not sure where the rest of them would be. I had my camera, no video camera though.

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0400-1.jpg

It was cool in there, and the line did move. I would suspect we waited less than twenty five minutes, but oh well. I did regain a bit of composure, but to be honest I did not enjoy this much because I was mad at DH, and mostly myself.... and I needed out of my funk!

Fawn greeted us... she was great!

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Then Tink... she was sassy! Funny though!

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Then Rosetta,

IMG_0409.jpg

(I have tons of Photopass pics I will post tomorrow from AK, EPCOT and the Fairies... to get caught up)

The girls loved it, they looked so cute in their dresses, and my number one thing to do was done, but my unmagical moment was just not something I could shake!

Luckily they were all in the hallway waiting for us. I felt somewhat bad DH missed it, but I was still mad that he did not listen. I also think once they saw the line was over an hour that quick they realized I was right (no one ever admitted that though).

Up next... would I get over my funk....all three children melt down, and a bus moment I will never forget!

I hate when husbands don't listen in Disney World.
They should all have known you knew what you were talking about... You are a Diser!!! :)
I hope you got out of your funk!

-nat

Way to go Doug taking Luke back like that. Looks like the girls had an awesome time at the parade. I know much you wanted to get there and I am glad you did! The pool looks so fun, and I think Pepper Market would be the #1 reason I'd want to stay at CSR.

I was thrilled to see the parade with my girls. I hope as they get bigger when can split more often apart and do what they want. Pepper Market was yummy!

Finally all caught up! Such a great report. Hope I can remember all I want to comment on!
We have some of the same princess shirts! Congrat on the upgrade! All your pool pics were so cute. Yay for Emily going all the way down the slide, Cayley stopped half way and I had to crawl down and get her at CBR-fun times LOL
CONGRATS on DVC. We are also buying and AKV is our front runner as of now. Though we are planning to go back in May and would like to try BLT for the monorail! Love the report so far!!

BLT and the monorail will be nice. I hope we do a short trip someday and just hit MK and EPCOT and stay there.

Ahhhh, loving all your CSR pictures! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great day at AK-your girls braving the 'big rides' and DH taking Luke! Plus accomplishing Nemo and the parade! I really enjoyed the parade there too-so unique and colorful and fun.

I'm glad to read you found the bag!!! :woohoo:

Hannah's pose at the pool is priceless. She's adorable! :cutie:

AK might have been our best day. I felt like we left there and had done a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter