• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

So we left off with two tired kids (Luke and Emily), a brave Hannah and four adults. This is where DH won a medal! He said he would take Luke back to the room for a nap/cool off! There was no arguing on my part, so I sent him with a bottle and pacifer and room key- nothing else and off they walked. Even a stroller would have been too hard. So Hannah and my dad rode Everest again... I tried to get a picture but it did not take them long enough, I missed them. We grabbed two FPs incase we wanted a ride later...

Our next stop was Kali River Rapids. We had six FPs but my dad did not want to ride. I was ready to cool off, so my mom and I took the girls. Emily was quiet, it was her first big ride, she was over 38 inches. After she rode it she said we got wet, but wanted to go again. The kind CM gave me an extra FPs so I could take the girls (we were short one) and we rode again. I had wrapped a poncho around my shorts, so that kept me a bit dry...

The girls played in the wet area for a few moments, and then we got 4 frozen lemonade slushies (we had a ton of these) and headed to find a spot to watch the parade! I was super excited as were the girls.

We found a spot across from Pizzasafari and then I took the girls in to their bathroom to put on some dry clothes. Then it was parade time!

IMG_0342.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

What an awesome parade. I am so thrilled we made it. We had two FPs that we had gotten for EE but the return time was not until 5:30, so we gave those away to the newlyweds we were sitting by for the parade. They had not rode it yet...

I really wanted to see this parade, and it did not let me down at all! We were ready to go... I would love to have stayed and explored some more, but I knew that everyone was tired. So while we did not get to do the Trails we did accomplish two biggies... Nemo and the Parade!

So we headed out... there were not many people exiting,which was nice. The bus arrived quickly and we were back to CSR after a brief run through at Blizzard Beach.

DH, the girls and my parents all were pool bound. Luke was sleeping, so I waited with him, thinking I would call the Lost and Found center to check on my bag. Just as I was getting a CM to describe my stuff I looked at our Mac Stroller in the corner... it had been in my parents car, and when we unloaded it we stuffed it there... and I saw it! THE ZIPLOCK BAG with all my stuff (the fan, mugs, sunscreen, TGM info book, formula dispenser-everything). STUPID ME! I was glad to have found the stuff, even though there was nothing that impt!

Once Luke woke up we met everyone at the pool! What a beautiful pool area! It was fun to splash around in, and once again Emily braved the slide... she was a pro!

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

We swam for an hour or so before deciding to head to the Pepper Market for dinner. The Pepper Market is certainly different. They seat you at a table, then give you papers to take up with your order. We received a drink, our entree and dessert. We did get our desserts after eating, and then you check out and pay at the end. We did not have any issues about the tip there. On this night I did not go up at all... I fed Luke and managed the girls, who colored away until their food arrived. I had the fajitas, they were great, and later had a chocolate cake that Hannah ate. The best dessert seemed to be the ice cream and apple pie that DH and my mom had!

We then roamed around the gift shop, filled our mugs and headed back to get ready for MK! Everyone went to bed pretty good and earlier because tomorrow was MK day!

This was a better day than I expected. In terms of the heat, it was probably the coolest day weather wise that we had, which was fantastic for being at AK- the hot park. Our meals were good, our snacks refreshing, and the kids were good.

My parents LOVE the Pepper Market. The best thing is on the dinning plan it counted as a Counter Service. But the food seems more like a Table Service! :thumbsup2

I really wanna try out that pool! How cool are those stairs!

-nat

What a wonderful ending to your AK day. DH gets the prize for taking Luke back to the room. Yay!

I love Hannah's pose at the pool, super cute, she looks like a little Diva.

The set up of Pepper Market seems really weird. :confused3

WOW!! I'm all caught up! We were gone for a long weekend in Dallas and I've missed so much! I loved your Epcot and AK pics!! You lucked up in the UK getting Mary Poppins, Alice, AND Pooh and friends. When we were there it was only Pooh and friends. That's awful about your wet bags!! But glad you found your lost one! AK looked like a great day! We just loved the Nemo show when we went! And where was that section where you met Pocahontas? We met her at Camp Minnie Mickey--but that was the day it rained 11 inches. We missed a lot of that park. The parade looks really cute, too! They canceled it the day we were there. Great updates! Can't wait for more!!

so glad you got to see the parade!!!
You mentrioned how well your kids behave at the same time I was thinking that--you have some awesome children who take great pictures:goodvibes

Great update Laura! Thos esunglasses Emily had on are SO CUTE, I love them!!!:lovestruc Geez, I can't stand it when parents don't follow through on threats, it is no wonder they didn't listen, they knew there would be no consequences!:sad2: Glad you got to see the show though! Your family picture in front of the tree is so cute!:thumbsup2

What a great afternoon! I so want to see this parade, maybe Rob will take B. back to the hotel. A girl can dream. :)

Love Hannah's pose in the pool picture. :) Em is a champ w/the slides too. She needs to have a little talk with A. about pools and slides. :)

I'm so glad your bag was just misplaced and not lost. Like you said, not the end of the world, but still nice to have all of those things.

Yeah for MK!!

This was certainly a great ending to a great day!! Glad your bag was "found" and that the afternoon went well at the pool and dinner! Love those lemonage slushies, too!!! We had our fair share in the heat!!!! Your little girls are soooooooooo cute :)

Then it was parade time!

What an awesome parade. I am so thrilled we made it.

I really wanted to see this parade, and it did not let me down at all! We were ready to go... I would love to have stayed and explored some more, but I knew that everyone was tired. So while we did not get to do the Trails we did accomplish two biggies... Nemo and the Parade!

IMG_0353.jpg

I'm so glad you liked the parade! I think it's an awesome one - great music, fun characters, and those amazing, gigantic 'puppets'!

Look at Miss Hannah with her posing. Too cute!

Glad you found the missing bag. I hate to lose things!

What a great AK day! Hannah was so brave to ride EE!

I love your parade photos. We have yet to see this and I am determined to see it next year!

YAY for seeing the parade!!! And for Em being so brave and riding on Kali river Rapids!! That makes for a great day!!!!

Glad you found your Ziploc bag of stuff and that you were able to enjoy the pool time!!

Pepper market sounds like a great place to eat!!!

when i first glanced at this picture i thought emily was holding a cigarette!!! :lmao: then i realized it was the paper straw from the frozen lemonade. :rolleyes1

OK...good to know I'm not the only one that thought it was a cig. :laughing: :laughing:

The rest of you AK was fantastic! Glad you finally got to see the parade. That is on my list for next time. So glad you found the Ziploc bag. That is sooooo something I would do...put it somewhere and then forget I put it where I find it! The TGM info is important! LOL

Hurray for DH taking Luke back, and hurray for Emily doing her first big ride and loving it! :banana:

We really liked the parade at AK also -- so colorful and fun!

I am so glad that you found the bag! What a relief!

Hannah and her bathing beauty pose cracked me up!

We really enjoyed the food at Pepper Market as well -- I still crave their nachos. :lmao:

I missed your parade update! You must have been posting yours as I was working on mine!:rotfl: The parade looks SO FUN! I would love to see it someday! We had a ton of lemonade slushies too! Yay to your DH for taking Luke!! The CSR pool looks like so much fun! Hannah's pose is TO MUCH!:lovestruc I am so happy you found your bag!!:goodvibes

GREAT day!!!! I am so glad everything worked out...that you got to see the parade, and that you found the BAG!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter