9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

I can relate, WHY don't they listen???
Don't you ever just want to reach over and push, the pusher upper? They make me mad!
I'm glad the girls had some fun with the fairies and I'm sorry you were in a funk. I hope you recovered quickly because I have a feeling you are going to be taking care of some meltdowns.... Three in fact!

You know I think everybody has at least one of those moments where things just seem out of control and you just lose it. I hope your day and mood improved. :goodvibes

Yes, everyone has their moments at WDW! I hope you were able to have fun the rest of the day!! I can totally relate to what you were saying about not wanting to get the girls pics taken w/Ariel b/c they were wearing their Tink dresses!! I was the same way! I made the girls wait to visit Ariel's Grotto until the day they wore thier Ariel dresses!! ;) The girls look so happy with the faires!! We saw Tink and Fawn, too!! But we saw Silvermist instead of Rosetta.

The Tinkerbell Massacre -- I love the name! Laura, you know I can relate to this! You were very specific about what to do with the girls and yet, no one was listening. :headache: I would have been furious especially since meeting the fairies without a super long wait takes a lot of preplannning! I am glad you were able to meet them though -- the pics with Tink are too cute! :goodvibes

I am very worried about the rest of your day though! :scared:

Oh gee.... my kids are not really into meeting characters, I don't know why, but I really understand how time consuming and important it is to get these in without wasting time overall, and so I get why you snapped! Obviously this was an important moment for your girls, and it meant a lot to you to get them there! I don't know if I should look forward to the next update... :scared: :goodvibes

I think we all can understand why you snapped and sympathize. I am hoping that my DH learns from these mistake4s before next week and we don't have the same event. I know Brooklynn wants to meet Tink but I know we will have to be there first thing because I am not trying to occupy a 2 year old and a 3month old in an hour long line! The girls are adorable in their Tink dresses.

Love the pictures of the kids before the park opened. I'm impressed that you guys are up and ready before the parks open. That's great!

UGH! I can so relate to the Tinkerbell Massacre. It's like they look at you and nod but don't hear a word you are saying. I've had a few of these moments but the worst was in MK, I think there are just so many things your have to get done first thing that it stresses me out.

I'm nervous about the rest of your day.

I understand about the the Tink line, DH wouldn't listen to me either, and the wait was 90 minutes by the time we got there. Needless to say, we didn't meet Tink! I was so disappointed!

I love the picture of all 3 kids with Ariel! Luke looks so happy!!! :)

Sorry about the melt down, I fell for you. When it just dh and I things are OK, but when we go with his family I have had a few melt downs. I finally tell myself go with the flow, even if I am wasting time, make line time family time.

Of course we are all adults and they are no children, just a few that act like children.

the dresses and the pictures looked wonderful:goodvibes
Emily is so photogentic:cool1:
so sorry about "your moment"--it seems to happen to the best of us;)

Ttoal bummer about the Tinkerbell Massacre. It looks like the girls enjoyed themselves in spite of the confusion and funk -- and in the end that's most important. The photos came out so cute. I hope the rest of the day improves!!

Seriously Laura, I know that WE get it....we totally know and understand what happened and why you became upset! I don't know what happens to our loved ones hearing at times, but it sure can drive you crazy when you have given specific directions, and no one follows them!!! I am glad to see that you did not have to wait long, and the girls got to see Tink in all their Tinkerbell finery!!!! THEY LOOKED SO CUTE!!! I sure do hope things get better as the day goes on, but I'm a little worried after your preview notes!!!! YIKES!

Tinkerbell Massacre. :laughing:

I hate it when something like that happens and even though you know you were right and you didn't handle quite right, you feel badly about freaking. I do that often. :hug:

The girls look super cute in their Tink dresses!

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

(This is for Hannah.)
Hannah, you have a ladybug on your head!!! :)

The dresses and Tink Crocs are too cute. I love Emily's expression here. Brooklynn does the same thing. She really checks out who these characters are while they are signing books.

I love that you named your moment the Tinkerbell Massacre. I can see it, in years to come, "Remeber the Tinkerbell Massacre of '09?":laughing: Seriously, we can all relate, and I'm sure a fair share of us have had our own versions of the Tinkerbell Massacre. I'm glad you got in to see those fairies. You lucky girl! We only saw 2, a different Fawn but the same Tink.

I'd say I hope your day got better, but it doesn't sound like it did right away.:sad2:

Saturday, June 20th

Magic Kingdom Day!

Then we rode Snow White and I headed over to wait for Tinkerbell. I was very specific... ride Winnie the Pooh and get the girls to me ASAP!

I see DH and the girls exit Winnie the Pooh...but they are not coming my way. At this point it is like 9:43 and my spot is a waste if I don't have the girls and I was just getting steaming mad. the rope was dropping and I had no girls, who were in their beautiful dresses to see Tink. This was not my finest moment, and to be honest it is something I won't live down. It is referred to as the Tinkerbell Massacre!

:rotfl2:Tinkerbell Massacre :rotfl2:

I feel so bad that all your planning started unravel before your eyes. DH's just don't get it! :sad2: I'm sure your pictures are really lovely. I can not see them here at work! I'm glad you did get in to see the fairies, but sorry it was a less than magical experience.

The girls were sooo cute in their dresses!

I saw you this day!! My dd and I were at Dumbo, on the batch to ride behind you. I kept hoping that I would see you again and I would be brave enough to say something and not appear *weird* :laughing:

As for your *moment*, we all have them! I just posted about mine on my TR. If folks would just listen, then they wouldn't happen!

Yay! for seeing the fairies in the end though. I showed my dd the photos and she was so jealous. Fawn is her favorite but we didn't go this day and when we went we saw Iridessa, Tink, and Silvermist.

I'm looking forward to reading more. I hope the heat and the meltdowns don't ruin the rest of the day!

Laura, the girls look ADORABLE in their Tink dresses! Why do men have such SELECTIVE hearing! UGH, drives me nuts! I would have been ticked too, it is SO HARD watching all your planning fly right out the window! On a positive note, the pictures with Tink are so cute!!!! I am on the edge of my seat wondering what happens next though!:scared:

I love your TR! Your kids are adorable! I am in love with Hannah and Emily's outfits!! :thumbsup2
Did I miss something though? I thought you got upgraded to the Contemporary?

I can totally understand where you are coming from. We had to wake the kids one day for MK and Dh started to get grumpy. I was like "do you want to stand in line all day". When he saw the lines later he understood. Very cute Tink dresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter