9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Yay for Haunted Mansion. I just love that ride! :thumbsup2

And you will be on it so soon! HM is one of my favorites... cool, dark and ever so fun to watch. I think every time I ride it I notice something new.

Woo Hoo for the Haunted Mansion!! LOVE it!:goodvibes

I can't wait!

HOW exciting -- Not much longer!!!!!!!! Gee, it will be here before you know it! I DID start a new ticker, the monorail went 10 days in reverse :laughing: RE the It's a small world pictures, I saw your Dream Passes, we got those too!!! They ended up giving us two sets! That was a very special day in the MK. I also love Its a Small World. I tear up every time. It is the "school song" for my DS's montessori school. They sing it in English, French, Spanish and Italian at the end of the year celebration. It is very special.

AND we love Haunted Mansion too... I am sure you have quite a collection of fun stuff in your laundry basket!!! :goodvibes

School is almost out! :yay: And Disney almost here! :yay:

Dream passes were super fun. The ice cream truck in our neighborhood was actually playing IASW the other day... it was funny to me.

I cannot wait for Haunted Mansion this year!!! I loved it as a child, but last trip neither of my girls would go anywhere near it. This year I've made everyone solemnly promise to go on Haunted Mansion with me.:goodvibes

I think that we will have riders... Luke can probably sleep/ or have drink to get through it.

Hooray for the Mickey Mail!!
happymail.gif

Kathy

Mickey mail is great...

Another one of our favorites!!! :goodvibes In fact, we just watched the live-action version of Peter Pan today -- it really put me in the mood for our upcoming trip!

I think that will be broken out the next week or so. We have Tink currently playing in the van...

Peter Pan is the best, I just love riding over London Town :goodvibes

I love Peter Pan. I love to be whisked away!

Peter Pan is such a classic! We are looking forward to it too!

You will be there soo soon!

Yay for Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan! We loved both of these rides last year.

They are on my top five at MK for sure!

I love Peter Pan. When MeMom (before she was a MeMom) and I went with Trent and Drew we got in line for Peter Pan the wait said 45 minutes (This was a trip before the Dis and our now vast knowledge of the World and how it works)Well we ended up being in line for like 2 hours. The CM was letting every single fastpass person on without making them wait at all. Every time someone started walking down the ramp he would stop our line literally as soon as he saw someone coming, and then wait for them to come up and get their fastpasses and then he would start to put the chain up and half the time about the time he got the chain hooked here came another group down the ramp so he would open it back up and wait for them. Now we are older and wiser with many trips under our belts and we know better. Rope Drop, Dumbo, Peter Pan.

I always get sad when people complain about the lines for it and don't get to ride it.... but it would be a crazy wait!

I love Peter Pan, it's so much fun. I can always see something new everytime I ride too. :goodvibes

Normally I see something new on my clothes too (those blue lights show everything when you have sloppy hands all over you)

Me too Laura, me too! How I would love to be pushed around Disney in a stroller with a canopy shading me, eating a Dole Whip!
(Although it might look a little silly):rotfl2:

I want to have one to watch Spectro... but I am afraid of the lines. I grabbed that one early in the morning....

I am most trying to figure out how I can get out of sharing with Luke... he loves Ice cream and cold stuff... and gets so mad when it is gone (or taken away)

Ahhhh! Dole Whips!:cloud9: The one thing Bryan is really going to miss!:sad2:

Oh Diane, that stinks...

I have a little brown book that I used both trips (a small photosleeve album) that I carry in our bags with impt info (ADRs, TGM tips, our plans). Last year I was lazy... no updates for our three park days (it was MK and EPCOT, both parks I feel I can tour well)

So I have been studying and plugging away at AK this past week. I am proud to say my plans are done, or as done as they can be. I just need to get a new printer cartridge so I can do some fancy color printing. I plan to do a new plan for HS, and a bit of tweaking for MK/EPCOT.

Other than that I planned out the rest of the year for school today, so I have my plans pretty much done, but still have not found out for sure if we are moving rooms or gotten our end of the year checkout packet (probably because we still have forever!!!!)

A goal I have for this weekend is to look at my packing list and make some adjustments/ get a shopping list together. I also have to make some Luke packing list (he requires a lot of stuff- and is seeming to be changing his eating habits so to plan for three weeks out is hard).

I predict that you will be sharing with Luke, I'm sure he will want some, unless you can get it while he is napping! Will Hannah and Em have their own Dole Whips this year?

And you will be on it so soon! HM is one of my favorites... cool, dark and ever so fun to watch. I think every time I ride it I notice something new.

Normally I see something new on my clothes too (those blue lights show everything when you have sloppy hands all over you)

:lmao: That is so true!

Kathy

Ok... it's been a while since I posted (I think one of mine might have gotten eaten too?)

Anyhow...

The boys LOVED Muppet 3D. Make sure to show them the key under the mat. I think Hannah would find that pretty funny!

We skipped Haunted Mansion on our last trip. I thought it would be too scary for the boys. I can't wait to hear about the girls' reactions. It might motivate me for next time. We were getting ready to walk on Peter Pan last August and Doug decided it was too scary. I think that's one of the rides we'll need to watch on youtube before our next trip.

And Dole Whips... MMM!! I have a friend who searched all over the US when she was pregnant to find places other than Disney that sold Dole Whips - she missed it that much. Right about now, I can TOTALLY see doing that!

I hope you get the check-out packet soon! There's something about getting that that makes you feel so much more accomplished - a "I made it through the school year" feeling!

Did you end up deciding to do a new camera? What are you going to go with?

Have a great holiday weekend!

Today we are looking forward to Monsters Inc Comedy Floor... always fun in the summer heat since it provides a cool break!

Today was my school's field day. We had skydivers, five, fly in at our closing ceromonies (a parent is in the group!) So cool... but boy it was hot sitting there waiting! Kids had fun, probably all went to bed early... too bad we have three weeks of school left!

I also had a great teacher moment. Today I got an email from a parent of a child I had 7 years ago, who is graduating from HS. He was a Luke and well I just loved him to pieces. I went to see him swim, loved his mom and every year take out the snowman he got me for Christmas and smile! I am so touched she is inviting me to his graduation party... and surprising him. (She had heard I had moved and needed my address).

That is why I go to work everyday. I cannot wait to see him, I have seen his mom and him a few times out and about... but I can't wait to introduce my Luke to the first Luke... who I hope my Luke is like someday! (I will admit that my love of the name Luke relates to the love I had for that little boy, who was so fun, sweet and kind. He was bright, but worked hard to do well... and has a full scholarship to College!!!!!

Back to planning tonight... I hope to knock out HS soon!

Today we are looking forward to Monsters Inc Comedy Floor... always fun in the summer heat since it provides a cool break!

Today was my school's field day. We had skydivers, five, fly in at our closing ceromonies (a parent is in the group!) So cool... but boy it was hot sitting there waiting! Kids had fun, probably all went to bed early... too bad we have three weeks of school left!

I also had a great teacher moment. Today I got an email from a parent of a child I had 7 years ago, who is graduating from HS. He was a Luke and well I just loved him to pieces. I went to see him swim, loved his mom and every year take out the snowman he got me for Christmas and smile! I am so touched she is inviting me to his graduation party... and surprising him. (She had heard I had moved and needed my address).

That is why I go to work everyday. I cannot wait to see him, I have seen his mom and him a few times out and about... but I can't wait to introduce my Luke to the first Luke... who I hope my Luke is like someday! (I will admit that my love of the name Luke relates to the love I had for that little boy, who was so fun, sweet and kind. He was bright, but worked hard to do well... and has a full scholarship to College!!!!!

That is so awesome that Luke's mom looked you up. I know that Luke had really touched your heart. How awesome it will be to see him! :lovestruc

What a great compliment to this young man, that you want your son to be like him! Some of my proudest moments in life have been when other parents have told me that they hope their son or daughter grows up to be like one of my kids. It makes a mom feel good about how her child has represented him/herself and the family. I know Luke will be so happy to see you, and if he allows it, we would love to see a picture of you and the two Lukes at the party.

It's great that he has a full scholarship. It's so nice to see all that dedication and good character rewarded! :)

Isn't it sad that we can't focus more on the "Luke" moments in teaching and less on test scores?

Exactly what I am hoping to experience a little more of next year with my move down one level! I am looking so forward to putting some fun back into my teaching!

We had a lot of fun at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor as well!

What a great teacher moment yesterday -- I know you will enjoy seeing Luke again! It is definitely the Lukes that make being a teacher so worthwhile! :goodvibes

Today we are looking forward to

The Festival of the Lion King.

(maybe MeMom will picture for me... I have none)

I am worrying a bit about trying to see both this and Nemo on our AK day.... anyone had any success seeing both?

I am worrying a bit about trying to see both this and Nemo on our AK day.... anyone had any success seeing both?

It's possible.
These are from a couple of different shows.

The guys on stilts look like they have so much fun!

disneypics129.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

Awesome costumes and awesome music!

Better get the kids to start practicing their warthog sounds (or whatever section you might sit in) for the pre-show warm-up!

WOW Laura! This post brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you what an honor!!:goodvibes What an impression you must have made too! Wish my Matthew could have had you for 3rd grade this year!!:thumbsup2

What a great teacher moment yesterday -- I know you will enjoy seeing Luke again! It is definitely the Lukes that make being a teacher so worthwhile! :goodvibes

We agree about Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, it's always fun! Shocker was "that guy" last June!:rotfl2:

We have seen Nemo and loved it but have never seen FOTLK, it's on our must do list this year. I am hoping to do both this time too, plus the Jungle Trek, Rafiki's, and then there are the rides.......... We will need to spend a couple of days there to get it all done!

What a nice story about your student Luke. You must have really made a difference in his life.:goodvibes

I just love your "Big Luke" story. :goodvibes I hope to have one of those moments one of these days! It makes you want to get back up the next day and start again - and, at this time of the year, that feeling is hard to come by!

I predict that you will be sharing with Luke, I'm sure he will want some, unless you can get it while he is napping! Will Hannah and Em have their own Dole Whips this year?

I plan to use all my snack credits while he is napping... he sees food and just stares and makes a fuss!

:lmao: That is so true!

Kathy

I hate wearing dark colored shirts... but the kids destroy light color ones on
me of late...

Ok... it's been a while since I posted (I think one of mine might have gotten eaten too?)

Anyhow...

The boys LOVED Muppet 3D. Make sure to show them the key under the mat. I think Hannah would find that pretty funny!

We skipped Haunted Mansion on our last trip. I thought it would be too scary for the boys. I can't wait to hear about the girls' reactions. It might motivate me for next time. We were getting ready to walk on Peter Pan last August and Doug decided it was too scary. I think that's one of the rides we'll need to watch on youtube before our next trip.

And Dole Whips... MMM!! I have a friend who searched all over the US when she was pregnant to find places other than Disney that sold Dole Whips - she missed it that much. Right about now, I can TOTALLY see doing that!

I hope you get the check-out packet soon! There's something about getting that that makes you feel so much more accomplished - a "I made it through the school year" feeling!

Did you end up deciding to do a new camera? What are you going to go with?

Have a great holiday weekend!

I want to rent a Muppet movie, I bet we can find one at Blockbuster... that might make it more fun for them if they have some knowledge. Emily has warmed up to the Scooby Do ride at Kings Island which is in the dark. I hope that makes the dark rides at MK more interesting to her.

I am wondering if we can ever get our check out list. Now we have a hold up in regards to the money our grade level spends... yikes

I have my new cannon camera... but need to clear out memory cards so I can use it .... I have some time to explore, so we will see. I hope to clear out my cards tomorrow... and get some pics then!

That is so awesome that Luke's mom looked you up. I know that Luke had really touched your heart. How awesome it will be to see him! :lovestruc

I am so excited. It is a true treat to be asked and to go.

Isn't it sad that we can't focus more on the "Luke" moments in teaching and less on test scores?

I couldn't agree more!

What a great compliment to this young man, that you want your son to be like him! Some of my proudest moments in life have been when other parents have told me that they hope their son or daughter grows up to be like one of my kids. It makes a mom feel good about how her child has represented him/herself and the family. I know Luke will be so happy to see you, and if he allows it, we would love to see a picture of you and the two Lukes at the party.

It's great that he has a full scholarship. It's so nice to see all that dedication and good character rewarded! :)

Exactly what I am hoping to experience a little more of next year with my move down one level! I am looking so forward to putting some fun back into my teaching!

I knew my DIS :teacher: friends would appreciate my invite!

Being an elementary teacher you are often forgotten... it was nice to get to experience their success at the end of 12 years.

It's possible.
These are from a couple of different shows.

The guys on stilts look like they have so much fun!

disneypics129.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3803.jpg

Awesome costumes and awesome music!

Better get the kids to start practicing their warthog sounds (or whatever section you might sit in) for the pre-show warm-up!

Thanks MeMom! I knew you would share..

WOW Laura! This post brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you what an honor!!:goodvibes What an impression you must have made too! Wish my Matthew could have had you for 3rd grade this year!!:thumbsup2

It was funny both my brother and best friend remembered me talking about him... my brother actually went to his swim meet with me once...

We agree about Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, it's always fun! Shocker was "that guy" last June!:rotfl2:

Too fun... I would love to get someone in my group on screen...

We have seen Nemo and loved it but have never seen FOTLK, it's on our must do list this year. I am hoping to do both this time too, plus the Jungle Trek, Rafiki's, and then there are the rides.......... We will need to spend a couple of days there to get it all done!

I am seeing our free morning becoming AK ... so we can get things in.

What a nice story about your student Luke. You must have really made a difference in his life.:goodvibes

He was in a great class of mine too... super kids and parents.

I just love your "Big Luke" story. :goodvibes I hope to have one of those moments one of these days! It makes you want to get back up the next day and start again - and, at this time of the year, that feeling is hard to come by!

It really reminded me of what is important in what I do at school...

Awww, wonderful story about your former student! :goodvibes Will he be surprised to see you!!

The girls have to start thinking up some jokes to text to Mike W. for the show!! Little kids' jokes are the best!! :lmao:

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter