• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Looks like a fun day! I felt the same way about AK being hotter than the surface of the sun. Wonder if it's all of the foliage?:confused3 We missed a lot also.

Where did you get your darling Minnie tees? They look vintage, which I love.

My kids love the monsterous turkey legs, but I guess that's more like a meal than a snack.

Pangani Forest Exploration Trail *** new to us- it looks so cool!

this is my favorite!!!!! the gorillas are truly amazing - i hope you guys enjoy it!

you had asked about nemo show times. go here to see current show times at the all the parks. i think he updates this every week.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

i think 30 minutes to get seats for the parade would be fine. although i've never been in june so i could be very wrong!

The park does always seem so much hotter than the others.........we never make it there very long. What about dinosaur, have you guys tried it?
I love to get churros when we are there.
:goodvibes

and, Em really has changed so much, not a baby anymore!

The two exploration trails (PFT and MJT) are so much fun, and there's all kinds of "hands on" exhibits that the kids can touch and examine. :goodvibes

*Don't forget ponchos for Kali!! (Unless the kids just wear bathing suits and Crocs!!) :rotfl:

Kathy

We love AK. My DH thinks it is all the trees/shrubs/bushes/animals that make it hot there. It seems a lot more humid as well.

We have eaten at Flame Tree (it is a must, so good!) but watch out for the crazy birds there. There are a ton!

We have done both the Trek and Trail and love both. I still haven't seen Lion King, but we saw Nemo last trip. It is a really great show.

What is the height requirement for KRR? I bet if Em is tall enough A. is tall enough. So cool that they can ride more rides this time!!

Animal Kingdom always seems so hot to us, too!

We haven't done Pagani or Maharajah either and hope to do them both on this trip.

The two times we have been at the park in the evening, it has been relatively uncrowded -- at least compared to the morning and other parks.

Sounds like a fun day! You know how much I love Animal Kingdom!

Both trails are great. Just watching those huge creatures in action is incredible. If you get lucky, the tigers might be romping around, but most often they are just sprawled out sleeping with not a care in the world.

I definitely hope you get to see the parade!

Flame Tree and Pizzafari - yum and yum! I don't mind the birds at Flame Tree. They have never attacked us, even though they do love to hang out very closely. I have gotten some good pictures of birds by and in the water there. I think the girls will have fun looking at all the wall art, paintings on the chairs, etc. at Pizzafari.

Can you tell I'm having fun planning with you? :)

I'll be with you in spirit on the safari and everything else except for Everest. I'm going to let my spirit sit that one out!:laughing:

I've got it all planned out, see...

a new baby next week, a few Dis friends taking trips throughout April, May, and June (through which I will be able to escape from my school stresses at the end of the day), summer school (a necessary evil in order to pay Disney bills), church camp, and then it'll be time for our July trip.

It is amazing how much our little girls have changed in the past year. Every set of trip pictures I look at, Brooklynn looks more and more grown-up.

AK plans look great. I always think AK is the hottest park, too. We usually snack on the frozen strawberry bars to help cool us off. PFT and MJT will definitely be fun for the girls plus I think alot of the two trails are in the shade.

It's tough to be a bug is fun but you might want to be careful with Emily. I remember my youngest son when he was 3 1/2 it scared him and we had to leave the theater. I think because it is dark and all the sensory stuff.

The parade really is cute seeing all the characters is safari attire.

I like the split day idea. I am interested to see how that works out. We did the exploration trails on our first trip to AK and the boys really loved them. It really made the animals so much more accessible than they were in the safari. Remember, you really need to arrive 30 minutes early for the Nemo show. I forgot to account for that in August and got there 10 minutes before the show only to find them turning people away. I was so bummed. We had seen it in Jan and it was one of Doug's favorite parts of the trip.

Looks like a fun day! I felt the same way about AK being hotter than the surface of the sun. Wonder if it's all of the foliage?:confused3 We missed a lot also.

Where did you get your darling Minnie tees? They look vintage, which I love.

My kids love the monsterous turkey legs, but I guess that's more like a meal than a snack.

I love those shirts... but now Hannah's fits Emily and it has a sharpie stain... but it might reappear this trip. They were a Disney store purchase!

this is my favorite!!!!! the gorillas are truly amazing - i hope you guys enjoy it!

you had asked about nemo show times. go here to see current show times at the all the parks. i think he updates this every week.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

i think 30 minutes to get seats for the parade would be fine. although i've never been in june so i could be very wrong!

Thanks Dawn.... it seems that the Nemo show is more often now. I wonder if I can see the parade and catch the last show. I also need to find a parade spot that is recommended.

The park does always seem so much hotter than the others.........we never make it there very long. What about dinosaur, have you guys tried it?
I love to get churros when we are there.
:goodvibes

and, Em really has changed so much, not a baby anymore!

Churros... yummo! I personally am scared of Dinosaur... so I doubt that Hannah would like it.

I know she is a big girl now... and giving me fits --- the age three is harder than two IMO!

The two exploration trails (PFT and MJT) are so much fun, and there's all kinds of "hands on" exhibits that the kids can touch and examine. :goodvibes

*Don't forget ponchos for Kali!! (Unless the kids just wear bathing suits and Crocs!!) :rotfl:

Kathy

Thanks Kathy---- I am sure I will want a poncho. We carry them everyday!

We love AK. My DH thinks it is all the trees/shrubs/bushes/animals that make it hot there. It seems a lot more humid as well.

We have eaten at Flame Tree (it is a must, so good!) but watch out for the crazy birds there. There are a ton!

We have done both the Trek and Trail and love both. I still haven't seen Lion King, but we saw Nemo last trip. It is a really great show.

What is the height requirement for KRR? I bet if Em is tall enough A. is tall enough. So cool that they can ride more rides this time!!

38 inches. She is almost that without shoes, so I am sure with shoes she will be that tall.

Animal Kingdom always seems so hot to us, too!

We haven't done Pagani or Maharajah either and hope to do them both on this trip.

The two times we have been at the park in the evening, it has been relatively uncrowded -- at least compared to the morning and other parks.

That is what I am hoping. I think it is extra hours at MK that night so go there people!

Sounds like a fun day! You know how much I love Animal Kingdom!

Both trails are great. Just watching those huge creatures in action is incredible. If you get lucky, the tigers might be romping around, but most often they are just sprawled out sleeping with not a care in the world.

I definitely hope you get to see the parade!

Flame Tree and Pizzafari - yum and yum! I don't mind the birds at Flame Tree. They have never attacked us, even though they do love to hang out very closely. I have gotten some good pictures of birds by and in the water there. I think the girls will have fun looking at all the wall art, paintings on the chairs, etc. at Pizzafari.

Can you tell I'm having fun planning with you? :)

I'll be with you in spirit on the safari and everything else except for Everest. I'm going to let my spirit sit that one out!:laughing:

I've got it all planned out, see...

a new baby next week, a few Dis friends taking trips throughout April, May, and June (through which I will be able to escape from my school stresses at the end of the day), summer school (a necessary evil in order to pay Disney bills), church camp, and then it'll be time for our July trip.

It is amazing how much our little girls have changed in the past year. Every set of trip pictures I look at, Brooklynn looks more and more grown-up.

I know you love AK! I really like that park.... but I feel we get hot and done quick there. Maybe our second wind trip will help!

AK plans look great. I always think AK is the hottest park, too. We usually snack on the frozen strawberry bars to help cool us off. PFT and MJT will definitely be fun for the girls plus I think alot of the two trails are in the shade.

It's tough to be a bug is fun but you might want to be careful with Emily. I remember my youngest son when he was 3 1/2 it scared him and we had to leave the theater. I think because it is dark and all the sensory stuff.

The parade really is cute seeing all the characters is safari attire.

I wonder about It's Tough to be a Bug. I think Hannah would like it, but Em is interesting.

I like the split day idea. I am interested to see how that works out. We did the exploration trails on our first trip to AK and the boys really loved them. It really made the animals so much more accessible than they were in the safari. Remember, you really need to arrive 30 minutes early for the Nemo show. I forgot to account for that in August and got there 10 minutes before the show only to find them turning people away. I was so bummed. We had seen it in Jan and it was one of Doug's favorite parts of the trip.

I really want to see Nemo!

Your AK plans sound great! The girls have grown so much! They are adorable!

Thanks!

So today is the last day before spring break! While the weather here is not supposed to be great, we have lots of fun things planned. Two Easter Egg Hunts tomorrow, a trip to Indianapolis and of course Easter- we need to decorate some Eggs! Yesterday we went to the zoo- it was almost 80 degrees, but today is cold and rainy! I should have time to post more plans here too-- EPCOT coming up soon!

So today is the last day before spring break! While the weather here is not supposed to be great, we have lots of fun things planned. Two Easter Egg Hunts tomorrow, a trip to Indianapolis and of course Easter- we need to decorate some Eggs! Yesterday we went to the zoo- it was almost 80 degrees, but today is cold and rainy! I should have time to post more plans here too-- EPCOT coming up soon!

We are planning to do the zoo tomorrow, I think. As I woke up this morning to the rain, I realized yesterday would have been better. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20!

I hear you on the weather thing. Yesterday it was 70 and sunny. Today it's 48 and raining.
I can't wait to take my kids to the Nemo show at AK. Your girls will love it. The parade is on our list of things to see too. I've never seen that one.

Love your AK plans!!! Sounds great!!!

I promise---all of you Mason-Montgomery Roadies (including timandlesley) that next time I am up that way, we will all have to arrange a fun DISmeet!!! I had no idea I was so close!!!!

We are planning to do the zoo tomorrow, I think. As I woke up this morning to the rain, I realized yesterday would have been better. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20!

It was crazy crowded Thursday though.... I have never seen it like that on a spring weekday after 2!

I hear you on the weather thing. Yesterday it was 70 and sunny. Today it's 48 and raining.
I can't wait to take my kids to the Nemo show at AK. Your girls will love it. The parade is on our list of things to see too. I've never seen that one.

I want to see the parade... I fear that they will change it before we get back! Plus I figure parades won't always be a hit with my kids... they love them now.

Love your AK plans!!! Sounds great!!!

I promise---all of you Mason-Montgomery Roadies (including timandlesley) that next time I am up that way, we will all have to arrange a fun DISmeet!!! I had no idea I was so close!!!!

For sure! I would love to get together!

Today is the last day before spring break for us as well! I am so looking forward to having next week off! :goodvibes

Other than the laundry I have not touched I am ready for spring break!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter