9/12 great article ! Who am I to say no to going to WDW?

Another update due to not thinking.... I did not realize we would be at WDW for Father's Day! I might have to plan something for my dad and DH. We are going to MGM that day, which is fun since it is my dad's favorite park!

Ok, I feel a little better that I'm not the only one who just realized Father's Day will fall during our trip!:scared1: I told hubby I would have at least let him pick the resteraunt if I'd have realized. Hmmm....

I knew it was Father's day, but I was't sure what to do that was "special" since DH's B-day is already on the 18th... You are not the only one to think of it after the fact! :)

Another update due to not thinking.... I did not realize we would be at WDW for Father's Day! I might have to plan something for my dad and DH. We are going to MGM that day, which is fun since it is my dad's favorite park!

Laura, do you remember the T-shirt Leslsey had made for Tim last year with Darth Vader that said, "Luke I am Your Father" on it? I thought that was sooo clever! :goodvibes The only thing is I don't think it's a Star Wars Weekend when you guys are there....but still if you are going to be at Hollywood it would still be the park to wear it to, even without SWW!

and..... I passed by Basin both at the GF and DTD :confused3 I will absolutely go in on the next trip, the Mickey soap sounds so cute! I'm not sure we could stand to use it though, it could be something like my mother keeps in her soap dish that we are never allowed to touch!:rotfl2: Gosh, does that mean that I am becoming my mother...........:eek:

Ok, I feel a little better that I'm not the only one who just realized Father's Day will fall during our trip!:scared1: I told hubby I would have at least let him pick the resteraunt if I'd have realized. Hmmm....

We don't even have an ADR that day... yikes!

I knew it was Father's day, but I was't sure what to do that was "special" since DH's B-day is already on the 18th... You are not the only one to think of it after the fact! :)

I am going to keep thinking!

Laura, do you remember the T-shirt Leslsey had made for Tim last year with Darth Vader that said, "Luke I am Your Father" on it? I thought that was sooo clever! :goodvibes The only thing is I don't think it's a Star Wars Weekend when you guys are there....but still if you are going to be at Hollywood it would still be the park to wear it to, even without SWW!

DH has a shirt like that... he got one after Luke was born. It will have to be worn that day for sure!

and..... I passed by Basin both at the GF and DTD :confused3 I will absolutely go in on the next trip, the Mickey soap sounds so cute! I'm not sure we could stand to use it though, it could be something like my mother keeps in her soap dish that we are never allowed to touch!:rotfl2: Gosh, does that mean that I am becoming my mother...........:eek:

You sound like me... I am getting better about that though!

Maybe you could do a fireworks cruise that night?! If you were going to be at the MK, I would suggest the Family Magic Tour.

I've read good things about www.giftsofalifetime.com (407) 909-0593. Perhaps they could help you arrange something special for the Dads!

Kathy

Maybe you could do a fireworks cruise that night?! If you were going to be at the MK, I would suggest the Family Magic Tour.

I've read good things about www.giftsofalifetime.com (407) 909-0593. Perhaps they could help you arrange something special for the Dads!

Kathy

I got an email from Disney showing their "celebrate" goodies... they looked so cute. I will check this sight out too!

Annette---thanks for sharing your update!!! I have been thinking and praying for you often!!! Keep us posted!

Laura---You were down in my area---I hope you all had fun! Sorry to hear that you had no luck at the Disney store---it has been really hit or miss there lately. Let me know if there is something particular you are looking for, I could always pick it up for you if I find it!

Annette---thanks for sharing your update!!! I have been thinking and praying for you often!!! Keep us posted!

Laura---You were down in my area---I hope you all had fun! Sorry to hear that you had no luck at the Disney store---it has been really hit or miss there lately. Let me know if there is something particular you are looking for, I could always pick it up for you if I find it!

They had lots of cute things... but just not the right sizes! The girls did get new plates--- I love the sparkly Fairy plate Hannah picked out!

Basin looks like my type of store! I will check it out in February!

Does your DH have a favorite restaurant? Maybe you could make an ADR for that night and surprise him?

Hey---I think I may have been near your neck of the woods today actually---I met my sis for lunch near where she works off of the Mason-Montgomery Rd. exit---we had lunch at Mimi's Cafe (YUM!) I also shopped at the Target off of Fields Ertel since I was in the area---hope we were close!!! ;)

Hey---I think I may have been near your neck of the woods today actually---I met my sis for lunch near where she works off of the Mason-Montgomery Rd. exit---we had lunch at Mimi's Cafe (YUM!) I also shopped at the Target off of Fields Ertel since I was in the area---hope we were close!!! ;)

You were about a mile from my house at Mimi's! We went there for the frst time yesterday... YUMMO!

Find any good deals at Target?

I am struggling for Father's Day ideas for Bryan too and we will be at DHS as well:confused3 Let me know what you come up with!:thumbsup2

You were about a mile from my house at Mimi's! We went there for the frst time yesterday... YUMMO!

OMG!!!! NO WAY!!!! What time of the day were you there---we ate there for lunch, YUMMY!!!! Did you tell them it was your first time? Did they give you the 4 pack of delicious homemade muffins?!?!?! Yeah, guess what I'm having for breakfast right now!!! If you didn't, next time you are there, tell them it is your first time and they will send you home with a big container of muffins!!!!

I found some okay deals at Target---nothing stellar. I'm really struggling with clothes for Megs for summer. She has hit that awkward stage where she is too tall for 5t, but I feel like the clothes in 4-6x are too old looking for her---c'mon people, she is only 5 and a half, NOT 25!!! I did find some cute croc-like sandals with the princesses on them for only $7.99---they aren't made exactly like crocs---made out of that type of material but in the shape of a sandal with a strap across the heel. They also had some for boys---I think they were Spiderman. The most luck I have had with her clothes this year is Gymboree---she is probably going to look like a walking billboard for them by the time I am done shopping for her---I just really don't want her wearing that stuff that looks so grown up.

I'm not sure we could stand to use it though, it could be something like my mother keeps in her soap dish that we are never allowed to touch!:rotfl2: Gosh, does that mean that I am becoming my mother...........:eek:

Yeah, I do that too... and what about candles? I have candles I refuse to light b/c I dont want to "ruin" them... :lmao:

Basin looks like my type of store! I will check it out in February!

Does your DH have a favorite restaurant? Maybe you could make an ADR for that night and surprise him?

February- are you going then? I thought Sept?

Next time let me know...we should meet up! You were super close... we were over there today at Borders for storytime!

Aren't there always deals-- have you checked out the new one in S. Lebanon- they have some great deals! I got a 24 pack of water bottles for $1.

I am struggling for Father's Day ideas for Bryan too and we will be at DHS as well:confused3 Let me know what you come up with!:thumbsup2

I could always wait to see what my Mother's Day gift entails- ha!

OMG!!!! NO WAY!!!! What time of the day were you there---we ate there for lunch, YUMMY!!!! Did you tell them it was your first time? Did they give you the 4 pack of delicious homemade muffins?!?!?! Yeah, guess what I'm having for breakfast right now!!! If you didn't, next time you are there, tell them it is your first time and they will send you home with a big container of muffins!!!!

I found some okay deals at Target---nothing stellar. I'm really struggling with clothes for Megs for summer. She has hit that awkward stage where she is too tall for 5t, but I feel like the clothes in 4-6x are too old looking for her---c'mon people, she is only 5 and a half, NOT 25!!! I did find some cute croc-like sandals with the princesses on them for only $7.99---they aren't made exactly like crocs---made out of that type of material but in the shape of a sandal with a strap across the heel. They also had some for boys---I think they were Spiderman. The most luck I have had with her clothes this year is Gymboree---she is probably going to look like a walking billboard for them by the time I am done shopping for her---I just really don't want her wearing that stuff that looks so grown up.

I totally know what you mean about that age girl clothes. That is why I end up at Gymboree... plus then Emily's clothes looks brand new because it washes well!

Yeah, I do that too... and what about candles? I have candles I refuse to light b/c I dont want to "ruin" them... :lmao:

I wish I felt that way about Candy!

=Happydog;31112036]Yeah, I do that too... and what about candles? I hav[/SIZE][/I]e candles I refuse to light b/c I dont want to "ruin" them... :lmao:[/QUOTE]

I have some of those "no way, no burn" candles too:lmao::rotfl:

Animal Kingdom

100_1854.jpg

This part will be our first this trip, which is how our 2007 trip was too. To be honest I never care which park we visit first... I trust TGM and go with that!

We will of course hit rope drop, I am pretty sure that will be easy since it is day one. My parents will meet us at CSR that morning to get our tickets and new package Keys to the World activated. Then off we will go.

My problem with AK is it always seems hot.... and we last trip were out of there before 1:00 and did not see everything we wanted. So this year I hope to go early and then return that evening... since the park is not open late I want to give it a try!

With that in mind, here is what I would like to accomplish:

Festival of the Lion King- love it, a must do for us
Kilimanjaro Safari- again a must do!
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail *** new to us- it looks so cool!
Maharajah Jungle Trek *** new to us--again I want to just explore!
Kali River Rapids- Emily is tall enough... plus I think it would be a good last ride to cool off before heading back to the hotel.
Expedition Everest- Hannah is now tall enough. I hope she rides it with us. I think this will be a ride that my Dad will enjoy a lot too!
Finding Nemo the Musical- I am so sad we did not get back to AK to see this. Does anyone know the current show times. I hope we get there!
TriceraTop Spin- the other Dumbo... I know it is a hit!
It's Tough to Be a Bug- I hope some get to enjoy. Not so sure Luke will be able to stand it. Maybe he and I can go get some FPs or something.

I also want to see Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade.

So this probably leads me to think we will break and be back to see the Parade at 3:45. Do you have to arrive early to see it? After the parade we would have 3 or 4 hours to finish up the park and I will work to see what has to be done in the AM versus what we can do that evening. I have heard that AK clears out after the parade, so we will see!

The other big thing is... I have no AK pictures. I only snapped a few last trip, so I hope to get a lot more! Therefore I really have no pics to put in this update... bummer!

100_1868.jpg

look at how big Emily has gotten... she has really changed a ton!

Eating---- this of course is important... any fun snacks for AK day? I hope that we eat lunch or dinner at Flame Tree Barbecue if we have a second meal there, Pizza Safari- that is the only CS I have ever had there.

I am truly excited to try to have a split day at AK. Plus CSR is super close, so if we miss the parade I hope to skip over some afternoon. I think the girls would love it. Since HS has a different parade I am sure we will miss it this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter