7 months pregnant and husband having an affair...what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent a PM to the OP for an address so I could send a card. If she agrees to it, I would be willing to funnel gifts and cards to her to keep her whereabouts quiet.

Maybe a Dis post baby shower!!! We could all send to you what we wanted to give her and a couple of bucks towards postage and you could mail her one big box.

Lisa

So I wanted to come back and update a little more now I'm back home and Henry has decided he doesn't need to eat every ten minutes!

The birth ended up being relatively easy and drama-free. I was watching TV in the afternoon, got up to get a drink and found myself in a big puddle of water. My mom was home, so she drove me to the hospital and my dad met us there - my mom was in the delivery room with me but my dad waited in the hallway (he'd joked that he wanted to pass out cigars but didn't think that was done anymore - so I'd bought him a box of chocolate cigars and put them in my hospital bag - he handed them out to the nurses when Henry was born!) Everything went smoothly, and little Henry showed up at 1.11am! I may be slightly biased but I think he's the most beautiful little boy in the world! He's also been an angel so far - he eats (a lot!), he sleeps, he looks up at me, and he really hasn't cried too much! I have a million photos, but I'm not 100% sure about posting them - sounds silly but I might check with the attorney and see what he thinks, just in case.

For those who asked about sending cards, it's an incredibly sweet idea, but since it's my parents address and not mine, I'm just a little wary to give it out. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, I certainly trust everyone on this thread 100% but I feel a little funny about it.

Oh, so I called DH when I went into labor on the way to the hospital, and he said to keep him updated and call with any news. So literally ten minutes after Henry was born, he was the first phone call I made - I was so happy and so excited, I wanted to share it with Henry's other parent. DH didn't pick up his phone so I sent him a photo and a text, and he replied back "he's cute! Congratulations!" :confused3 OK then. Not an appropriate response for a father seeing his son for the first time, but it set the precedent for me, which sucks but is the reality. He's called every day since to see how we're doing, but he asks more about me than Henry. I hate to admit it, but I guess there was a part of me that thought he'd see the baby and realize he wanted to be in his life - not mine, obviously that ship has sailed - but in Henry's. It's not looking good though, and whilst I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I'll never, ever understand it. I've known this little person five days and I would never, EVER give him up.

My mom called DH's parents as soon as Henry was born, and they're very happy to have another grandson. MIL asked my mom about visiting, and my mom said she should give me some time to decide what I want to do there, and so far MIL has been respectful of that. We have been on Skype several times so they can see him though. MIL also told me she made a phone call to the girl's mother, who was still behaving like DH was some sort of victim, and told her to take her family and leave her son alone. After that, DH hasn't spoken to his parents and they haven't spoken to him. A crappy situation all around, especially near the holidays - but I'm glad to be physically away from it all so I can celebrate Henry's first Christmas with two people who have been the BEST parents a girl could ask for. My dad even gets up in the night when he cries - essentially useless since I'm breast feeding and I'm the only one that can feed him right now, but my dad stands on the other side of the nursery door and sings to us! My mom complains about this every morning!

So that's it for now. Thanks AGAIN for everyone's well wishes and congratulations - it made me smile, I even read the replies out to Henry so he could see how many supporters he had!

So I wanted to come back and update a little more now I'm back home and Henry has decided he doesn't need to eat every ten minutes!

The birth ended up being relatively easy and drama-free. I was watching TV in the afternoon, got up to get a drink and found myself in a big puddle of water. My mom was home, so she drove me to the hospital and my dad met us there - my mom was in the delivery room with me but my dad waited in the hallway (he'd joked that he wanted to pass out cigars but didn't think that was done anymore - so I'd bought him a box of chocolate cigars and put them in my hospital bag - he handed them out to the nurses when Henry was born!) Everything went smoothly, and little Henry showed up at 1.11am! I may be slightly biased but I think he's the most beautiful little boy in the world! He's also been an angel so far - he eats (a lot!), he sleeps, he looks up at me, and he really hasn't cried too much! I have a million photos, but I'm not 100% sure about posting them - sounds silly but I might check with the attorney and see what he thinks, just in case.

For those who asked about sending cards, it's an incredibly sweet idea, but since it's my parents address and not mine, I'm just a little wary to give it out. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, I certainly trust everyone on this thread 100% but I feel a little funny about it.

Oh, so I called DH when I went into labor on the way to the hospital, and he said to keep him updated and call with any news. So literally ten minutes after Henry was born, he was the first phone call I made - I was so happy and so excited, I wanted to share it with Henry's other parent. DH didn't pick up his phone so I sent him a photo and a text, and he replied back "he's cute! Congratulations!" :confused3 OK then. Not an appropriate response for a father seeing his son for the first time, but it set the precedent for me, which sucks but is the reality. He's called every day since to see how we're doing, but he asks more about me than Henry. I hate to admit it, but I guess there was a part of me that thought he'd see the baby and realize he wanted to be in his life - not mine, obviously that ship has sailed - but in Henry's. It's not looking good though, and whilst I guess I shouldn't be surprised, I'll never, ever understand it. I've known this little person five days and I would never, EVER give him up.

My mom called DH's parents as soon as Henry was born, and they're very happy to have another grandson. MIL asked my mom about visiting, and my mom said she should give me some time to decide what I want to do there, and so far MIL has been respectful of that. We have been on Skype several times so they can see him though. MIL also told me she made a phone call to the girl's mother, who was still behaving like DH was some sort of victim, and told her to take her family and leave her son alone. After that, DH hasn't spoken to his parents and they haven't spoken to him. A crappy situation all around, especially near the holidays - but I'm glad to be physically away from it all so I can celebrate Henry's first Christmas with two people who have been the BEST parents a girl could ask for. My dad even gets up in the night when he cries - essentially useless since I'm breast feeding and I'm the only one that can feed him right now, but my dad stands on the other side of the nursery door and sings to us! My mom complains about this every morning!

So that's it for now. Thanks AGAIN for everyone's well wishes and congratulations - it made me smile, I even read the replies out to Henry so he could see how many supporters he had!

I just want to chime in and agree with what others have said. Your dad sounds absolutely precious! And I'm so happy your little Henry is doing well. Being a mom is wonderful and there is nothing quite like having a little boy. I can almost feel the happiness in your post. :goodvibes

Your parents sound absolutely amazing!

Congratulations on your son, and I hope you enjoy the holidays.

OP, Congratulations! I have been following your story from the beginning and I am so glad that you had the strength to make the decision you did. Babies are such a blessing, enjoy every moment!

My dad even gets up in the night when he cries - essentially useless since I'm breast feeding and I'm the only one that can feed him right now, but my dad stands on the other side of the nursery door and sings to us!
This is just about the sweetest thing I have ever heard! You and Henry are so lucky to have such wonderful, supportive parents/grandparents.

All the best to your whole family!

SO happy for you, OP! while your husband's attitude STINKS (and i know how you feel, this is how my dad has been ever since he divorced my mom 33 years ago), it's HIS loss. congratulations on your precious little one! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

TRK0011 said:

Your ex is a loser. You knew this before but now its confirmed. Honestly. Wow. Seriously. Congratulations? Cant believe he said that. And the fact that he doesnt ask about him as much as he does ask about you speaks volumes. And the fact that your ex doesnt speak to his own parents is disgusting. It says a lot. Thank your lucky stars you got rid of him before Henry came along.

Now onto happier things. Im so glad you had an easy birth. Most women have a lengthy labour.

Your dad is super cute. It just melts my heart. what a loving excited sweet little grandpa he is. I cant believe he actually sings to you guys Lol. Super cute!!! You and Henry are so lucky!!! :)

Congratulations again!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

So very happy for you and Henry!!! I too, can 'hear' the happiness in your post. You are one lucky women to have such awesome parents. And Henry is so blessed to have the best grandparents and mother! You should be very proud of yourself.

OP, GREAT GREAT GREAT UPDATE ON HENRY!!!!

YOUR PARENTS TRULY ARE AMAZING PARENTS!!!! Your dad getting up with you and singing on the other side of the door … AMAZING!!! :goodvibes

Your EX … I don't really have much to say as far as he is concerned.

HENRY SOUNDS LIKE A LOVIE!!! SUCH A GOOD BABY!!!

OP, CAN YOU CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD TO SAY THAT

HENRY IS HERE!!!
:love:

OP: I am so happy for you and your precious baby! I read your updates to my husband and we both had tears in our eyes with the love of your parents. Always remember, little Henry is truly blessed with all of the love he has in his life!

My DH and I were just at swim team practice with my twins and I read your update to him while were were there. He just shook his head and could not believe that your ex could behave that coldly to your text. That's the final nail in his coffin. (not that he needed one....)

The rest of your update was so sweet - your parents are amazing! I just loved hearing about your dad and all of his cuteness! Enjoy every minute with your sweet baby - the time goes by so fast... :hug:

I'm so glad that things are going well. I am so impressed with how strong you are and that Henry is one lucky kid.

This latest from your husband is enough. I'm also glad that his parents are being so respectful. I hope they are always this way.
Lara

OP: so happy you are home and enjoying Henry!!
As for the EX's response.. that just definitely spoke VOLUMES to what a schmuck he is!! What a loser!!!

I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you during the delivery!! I bet your Dad was over the moon!! (Your mom too)..

Give little Henry and big hug from all his DIS Aunties!!! :hug:

So, glad things are going well....sorry your hubby is being an ***.

I think it's so cute that you Dad sings to you and Henry!!!

Have the happiest holiday ever!!!!

Thanks for checking in. You honestly have the best parents and obviously Henry has the best grandparents. It's great that all is well with Henry and yourself and your both healthy and happy.

As for your husband what an idiot some guys never learn. He seems so self centered and in his own world. I hope he grows up someday.

another Auntie here...

I'm so sorry that your DH has continued to act this way. He's getting what he deserves.

On the other hand, your dad....that is truly awesome. Your parents must be over the moon having you and baby Henry with him.

What a wonderful first Christmas for baby Henry :)

OP, at least you have a great male role model for Henry in your dad. Your h? Well, I'm just going to have to agree with whoever called him a schmuck & a loser. Un-believe-able! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you, Henry & your parents! Enjoy this special time of year with your new son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter