• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7 months pregnant and husband having an affair...what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im wondering if maybe she is trying to reconcile with her H and feels embarrased to say so after all the negative details she has posted about him :confused3
I dont know, just a thought.

Karen :)

I'm hoping the events are true and we will hear back shortly from the OP.

Yet, it does remind me of the post a while back of the wife that over heard her DH on the phone during extra curricular activities and when the events got good and dramatic never posted again..

Other than a bunch of us being duped, I hope it is a hoax. I would hate to think that this is really happening to somebody. The only thing that made me scratch my head was that very early in this thread someone posted how much this story reminded them of something they had seen on TV.

Im wondering if maybe she is trying to reconcile with her H and feels embarrased to say so after all the negative details she has posted about him :confused3
I dont know, just a thought.

Karen :)

Well this is the thread that started the entire downwad spiral of doubt on the OP and most of her other post imploding. She stopped posting on this particular thread once she was called on her details, and never posted again on DIS after that.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904450

You can also search her name on DIS and see ALL the other threads she started about her dying daughter. Once however she was callled out on the above thread--she NEVER posted again. It was sad for all the posters that followed her.She also must have posted on other 'parents of children with cancer and angel mommy threads' online on other forums.

I think it's real. Earlier in the thread she posted accidently under her other Dis name. That post was deleted/changed.

I suspect either her lawyer told her to get off the internet, or she has reconciled with her husband and is too embarrassed to tell us.

Wow -- very strange indeed. I hope somebody wouldnt make this up. If so, I have no words.

I think it's real. Earlier in the thread she posted accidently under her other Dis name. That post was deleted/changed.

I suspect either her lawyer told her to get off the internet, or she has reconciled with her husband and is too embarrassed to tell us.

That would be my guess. On the off chance her DH finds her account and DIS membership and were able to put 2 and 2 together, a thread like this, if continued, would be like telling the enemy her plans.

I don't find it surprising at all that some people post and then disappear.

I've found that there two different sorts of people who post very personal things on message boards or FB. Some people just really don't care who knows their personal business, and will tell it to anyone from friends to coworkers to the mailman to the person behind them in the checkout line. So posting on a message board comes easily, and they enjoy hearing and discussing everyone's takes on their situation.

Others are much more private, and would never consider discussing personal things with a bunch of strangers online. And then, one day, something horrible happens. Something so awful, so humiliating that they can hardly bear to talk to their own family about it, let alone coworkers or friends. But they *have* to talk to someone, have to let it out, have to have some reassurance that it's not their fault. So, they remember this message board where people talk about their problems, and people seem to be nice and supportive. And they come and pour out their hearts.

And then a couple of days later, they're mortified that they told a bunch of strangers such personal things. Or they finally talk to a friend, who says "omg, you posted this on the internet?" And they don't post anymore on that thread.

Really, it happens. People regret things that they've posted. Over on the Resorts board, i've gotten more than one pm asking me to remove an entire thread because they posted after a fight with a spouse or a family member, and said something they later wished they hadn't.

If I were you guys, I'd consider it a compliment that people feel comfortable posting highly personal things on this board. I'd also remember that a low post count doesn't always equal a fake thread. And that people who are going through major life crises sometimes just don't have the time - or the emotional energy - to update a thread they posted to vent. I'd imagine our OP is spending a lot of her time these days telling and retelling her story to lawyers, family members, friends, doctors.....she may just not feel like talking about it anymore.

Posters here don't owe any of us an update, or any information beyond what they're comfortable sharing. Be glad you gave her a friendly word, and a virtual hug, and let it be.

Lynne M said:

I've found that there two different sorts of people who post very personal things on message boards or FB. Some people just really don't care who knows their personal business, and will tell it to anyone from friends to coworkers to the mailman to the person behind them in the checkout line. So posting on a message board comes easily, and they enjoy hearing and discussing everyone's takes on their situation.

Others are much more private, and would never consider discussing personal things with a bunch of strangers online. And then, one day, something horrible happens. Something so awful, so humiliating that they can hardly bear to talk to their own family about it, let alone coworkers or friends. But they *have* to talk to someone, have to let it out, have to have some reassurance that it's not their fault. So, they remember this message board where people talk about their problems, and people seem to be nice and supportive. And they come and pour out their hearts.

And then a couple of days later, they're mortified that they told a bunch of strangers such personal things. Or they finally talk to a friend, who says "omg, you posted this on the internet?" And they don't post anymore on that thread.

Really, it happens. People regret things that they've posted. Over on the Resorts board, i've gotten more than one pm asking me to remove an entire thread because they posted after a fight with a spouse or a family member, and said something they later wished they hadn't.

If I were you guys, I'd consider it a compliment that people feel comfortable posting highly personal things on this board. I'd also remember that a low post count doesn't always equal a fake thread. And that people who are going through major life crises sometimes just don't have the time - or the emotional energy - to update a thread they posted to vent. I'd imagine our OP is spending a lot of her time these days telling and retelling her story to lawyers, family members, friends, doctors.....she may just not feel like talking about it anymore.

Posters here don't owe any of us an update, or any information beyond what they're comfortable sharing. Be glad you gave her a friendly word, and a virtual hug, and let it be.

:worship:

I think that the OP came off as completely sincere.
She probably is
1) mortified
2) busy because her life is completely changing - baby and cheating husband.

I would give her a break. This is not like some of the other abandoned threads. Honestly she came back and gave SEVERAL updates. Leave the poor girl alone.

Hugs OP. I just want to cry for this poor woman.

:worship: Very well said!

I am always amazed at the amount of distrusting people on here who assume that someone is a troll or has started a hoax, for various reasons.

It is never my first thought that someone is lying to me on a thread just because they haven't responded back as quickly as he/she previously did, especially when it's a major crisis.

Thanks Mod for reminding people of this, Tiger :thumbsup2

We have had a lot of people who are long time posters come back and ask for advice under a new hat if the situation is really scary or embarrassing for them.

That is totally nothing new, and this is a really rough situation. I think with the amount of detail this OP has given us it does not sound like a lie at all.

I'm one of the first ones who called out "Karen", BTW. I usually have a good internet sniffer... usually. My vote is for real.

Tiger926 said:
:worship: Very well said!

I am always amazed at the amount of distrusting people on here who assume that someone is a troll or has started a hoax, for various reasons.

It is never my first thought that someone is lying to me on a thread just because they haven't responded back as quickly as he/she previously did, especially when it's a major crisis.

Thanks Mod for reminding people of this, Tiger :thumbsup2

Never thought her lack of updating was due to the fact that the OP original post does not add up to when she started the account. I think it is a separate observation.

It just poses the question that it MAY be a hoax.

If it is real, she probably has her reasons for not updating. Personally, I hope it is a hoax. Because it would mean that some poor woman is not going through Hell.

I still wish only the best for the OP (if not a hoax).

Never thought her lack of updating was due to the fact that the OP original post does not add up to when she started the account. I think it is a separate observation.

It just poses the question that it MAY be a hoax.

If it is real, she probably has her reasons for not updating. Personally, I hope it is a hoax. Because it would mean that some poor woman is not going through Hell.

I still wish only the best for the OP (if not a hoax).

Well, we could pose the question that each and every personal thread on here could be a hoax.

I have said this many times before on this board - many people cry hoax because they just can't imagine that those particular circumstances could be happening to someone else because they are so removed from their own lives. I believe the OP's story based on what she has presented thus far.

And people here do seem to be implying that this thread could be a hoax based on OP's post date and the fact that she hasn't replied back in a few days.

I hope the OP has received good legal advice and is ok.

Tiger

I'm not sure what you really want to do. Search your heart very carefully, and don't rush into a hasty decision. Take a sheet of paper, and list your options. Sometimes things are clearer when we see them on paper. There are pros and cons on every choice, so analyze it carefully. Do you qualify for legal aid? Perhaps that would be a good place to start.

No Disrespect here, & coming from a man's point of view, but this one seems like a fairly easy decision...

The only way I would even think the husband would have an outside chance at getting back with her, is showing her how he f-d up.....According to her everything he says makes it seem like its her fault. He's not taking any responsibility nor does he even F-n care for the unborn child ***( Which is driving me crazy )How someone can be that selfish...

It's definitely a tough decision, but I would lean on your parents for some emotional support...The last thing at this point you want to do is hurt your baby...& being your hormones will be going up n down won't be healthy for him.

My heart goes out for you, :grouphug: Please make sure you don't shun everyone/friends n family out on this one, the more people you talk to the better you'll feel....Don't let him ever make you Feel like it's your Fault either... Good Luck...Hugs n Prayers!

I have said this many times before on this board - many people cry hoax because they just can't imagine that those particular circumstances could be happening to someone else because they are so removed from their own lives. I believe the OP's story based on what she has presented thus far.

Tiger

So true! I didn't post because I don't have any advice but definitely following hoping for the best for the OP. I pretty much take all threads at face value unless enough evidence is presented otherwise. I know in my own real life...if I posted some things that have happened, I can guarantee you someone would think it was a hoax (including myself sometimes if I didn't actually live through it). The saying of truth is stranger than fiction, fits quite often in real life.

I can think of lots of reasons for no updates as much as we all want to know if the OP is doing OK, etc... Real life does take precedent over a message board and especially in legal matters such as this, the less public record the better.

No Disrespect here, & coming from a man's point of view, but this one seems like a fairly easy decision...

The only way I would even think the husband would have an outside chance at getting back with her, is showing her how he f-d up.....According to her everything he says makes it seem like its her fault. He's not taking any responsibility nor does he even F-n care for the unborn child ***( Which is driving me crazy )How someone can be that selfish...

It's definitely a tough decision, but I would lean on your parents for some emotional support...The last thing at this point you want to do is hurt your baby...& being your hormones will be going up n down won't be healthy for him.

My heart goes out for you, :grouphug: Please make sure you don't shun everyone/friends n family out on this one, the more people you talk to the better you'll feel....Don't let him ever make you Feel like it's your Fault either... Good Luck...Hugs n Prayers!

What a great post. I totally agree about him being selfish. It's great that you posted this so the OP can see that it's not just a bunch of us females that believe he is wrong, but males do too.:thumbsup2

OP, hoping you are doing well. Hang in there. In a few short weeks, you will be getting some awesome baby love to mend your heart. Nothing else will matter then.

So the majority of the people on here are assuming this is no hoax I'm guessing right?

I have to be honest, the thought never crossed my mind but after reading it all i went back and re read again n now jt puts a lil doubt in my mind. But either way like a pp said, if it is a hoax at least there's one less person that has to go through this... .Ooops I mean 2 sry.

If it is real, I hope she is at least reading and knowing people care about her and her baby's well being. I hope she is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter