4 Parks in 3 Days!! EPCOT w/F&W & MK w/MNSSHP~1880 pics so far! DHS almost complete!

Exactly! Each park has their own little plants. I love Tomorrowland and the fact that a lot of their plants are edible. These are the little things I love!

Did you hear the rumor that Tomorrowland may take on a Star Wars theme?? I just read that somewhere in the last day or so. Tomorrowland is my least favorite land and I'm not sure changing it to Star Wars would make me change my mind....... :rolleyes1

Did you hear the rumor that Tomorrowland may take on a Star Wars theme?? I just read that somewhere in the last day or so. Tomorrowland is my least favorite land and I'm not sure changing it to Star Wars would make me change my mind....... :rolleyes1

There has been a great deal of conversation about this at our house. I am with you and so is Scotty. I am of the firm belief that Tomorrowland has to change but it need to go in the direction Walt would have gone. Walt wanted to have it actually a land of the future. If it goes Star Wars it goes science fiction and that is not the future. I now am prepared for the slings and arrows. On a last note I wouldn't mind a Star Wars Land but not a the expense of what could really be a cool land.

We got off the Monorail at the EPCOT station, went thru bag check (again) and then to the gates. We've arrived!!

Directly in front of us was the EPCOT landmark......the big golf ball......lol It actually houses Spaceship Earth. A ride that takes you on a journey thru all the technological changes over the centuries. These were on our way in. We walked onto this ride.

These were taken on the ride.

There has been a great deal of conversation about this at our house. I am with you and so is Scotty. I am of the firm belief that Tomorrowland has to change but it need to go in the direction Walt would have gone. Walt wanted to have it actually a land of the future. If it goes Star Wars it goes science fiction and that is not the future. I now am prepared for the slings and arrows. On a last note I wouldn't mind a Star Wars Land but not a the expense of what could really be a cool land.

Totally agree with you on this! Star Wars doesn't say "futuristic" to me.

Near the beginning of the ride, they have you smile for the camera and then towards the end of the ride, you create "Your Story" by answering some questions on screen in your ride vehicle. These are our goofy pics!!

When you exit the ride, there's a huge map on the wall and in this pic it was showing where we were from......Oregon!

And here's our pics.....lol

We headed to the info booth to find out where we could purchase the souvenir Food & Wine Festival gift card......wrist band!! While I was getting that, Derek & Mike went on a caffeine run.

I took pics of the fountain while I waited for the guys to return.

We headed towards the Seas next. Here's the sign to the Coral Reef Restaurant. I wish we could have had a meal there......it has a huge aquarium as one of it's walls!!

The Seas with Nemo & Friends is a clam shell ride the sea with animated scenes on the aquarium walls. (kinda like Nemo Subs at Disneyland....which I've never done because of it being inside the sub). We walked on to this ride. Derek opted to skip it and keep his & Mike's coffee's instead.

Mike was able to get a couple pics on ride.....but capturing the animated scenes don't really work.

When you exit the ride, they have this little Nemo & Friends display for pictures.

We waded away from the sea and on to dry land to The Land attraction building.

When you enter you see the balloons hanging from the ceiling, with the Garden Grill Restaurant in the background. (this is a character dinner where the produce is grown at this facility).

Living with the Land was our next ride. You take a boat ride thru a story and then onto the garden area.

Yay so glad you did SE and Living with the Land! Those are two of our faves. I never bother with Soarin since it is just like Disneyland and the only other things we usually do in Future World is Test Track and the girls do Mission Space. I don't know if it is still there but Ellen's Energy Adventure is actually pretty cool although a super LONG ride.

Continuing on our boat ride thru all the gardens. They even farm fish here!

Notice the shape........

Tomato trees!

If you noticed, they are learning to grow things off the ground and in trees.
They also are growing things in just water (the pvc pipes).

There is a walking tour where you can get more detailed info called: Behind the Seeds ($20/adult $16/child for a one hour tour).

Took one more pic on our way out of The Land's building.

Yay so glad you did SE and Living with the Land! Those are two of our faves. I never bother with Soarin since it is just like Disneyland and the only other things we usually do in Future World is Test Track and the girls do Mission Space. I don't know if it is still there but Ellen's Energy Adventure is actually pretty cool although a super LONG ride.

Derek loves Spaceship Earth.....he says it is definitely a "Disney" ride. I enjoyed it too. We didn't do Soarin' either......limited time, didn't really want to ride things we can do at Disneyland. Now.....if it Soared over Florida....we would have rode that! Derek said the Energy one is like 45-48 minutes long! :faint: That's toooooooooooo long in my opinion. The 20 minute movies/shows are pushing it.

Great idea riding the monorail to all the resorts and to TTC, so you could see everything

I am with you on Grand Floridian. I have eaten in there a few times and always feel so uncomfortable in there :guilty:

Love Space Ship Earth. We always do that a ton each trip, it never gets old :thumbsup2

Did you see the hidden Mickey in the scene with the lady with afro? IT was on the desk

Great idea riding the monorail to all the resorts and to TTC, so you could see everything

I am with you on Grand Floridian. I have eaten in there a few times and always feel so uncomfortable in there :guilty:

Love Space Ship Earth. We always do that a ton each trip, it never gets old :thumbsup2

Did you see the hidden Mickey in the scene with the lady with afro? IT was on the desk

We almost did 1900 Park Fare, but decided to switch to Kona after I got Cinderella's Royal Table. Didn't want to do a 3rd character meal. We also had Tusker House and options at Animal Kingdom for meals is limited.....especially breakfast, so I knew we'd be keeping that one.

Derek was pointing out all sorts of Hidden Mickeys in that ride.

I love the Living World (not sure on the name). That is such a cool looking exhibit.

I love the Living World (not sure on the name). That is such a cool looking exhibit.

If we had the time, we would have enjoyed doing the tour. I was hoping to see the Mickey shaped pumpkins and such that they shape......maybe that's something you see during the tour??

If we had the time, we would have enjoyed doing the tour. I was hoping to see the Mickey shaped pumpkins and such that they shape......maybe that's something you see during the tour??

Probably. Or least if it is the right time of year for it. We need an EPCOT at Disneyland.

I'd totally support that!!

The last time Scotty and I were at Disneyland one of the older CM's on the train was telling us the planning was happening for an addition. I was thrilled and stated that I hoped it would be an EPCOT. She told me that the thought among the CM's was that they were making a waterpark. Not a thrilling idea for me.

The last time Scotty and I were at Disneyland one of the older CM's on the train was telling us the planning was happening for an addition. I was thrilled and stated that I hoped it would be an EPCOT. She told me that the thought among the CM's was that they were making a waterpark. Not a thrilling idea for me.

I'm not sure where this "addition" could go. I do know that property in the vicinity of the park is going to add a ton more hotels. I'm not even sure where those would go. That is the one advantage WDW has over Disneyland. Space and lots of room to go.

I've been a bit of a lurker lately but just wanted to let you know I've been reading along with your TR and am really enjoying it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter