30 years? How is that possible? Recap last day at Disney (8/14)

I believe with the 16th being our arrival date and our early time getting up, we won't make it too late on the night of the 16th. But I hope some of our other days work out so we can have a couple of hellos and possibly a drink.

I agree that we can count out the 16th! It will be a long day for both of us! ;)

Yay for both of us eating at Tusker House on the same morning. :woohoo: :yay:

I'll PM you my number but I will be watching you post your daily plans to compare. ::yes::

Oh, and how awesome that you received your ME tags. We received ours and I had to ask for a couple more!

I love O'Hara...like Scott said get the lap-lap drink in the pineapple....yummy. We are doing chefs for the first time in Dec. Have you watched the electric water pageant from the Poly beach...that is fun and is right after wishes I think.

Woohoo for Epcot day!

I cringed a little at the Mission: Space pic lol. Can't even do the tame one.
We will probably be in Epcot that evening. Lets keep tabs on each other? France will be calling my name.

Just stopping by to say hi! Now, I am getting really excited to hear about your plans - since your Epcot day is our arrival day. Whoot!

D~

That's when the reality of it all sinks in that you are going to Disney World. :banana:

I've gotten my confirmation number, I've received the "Your Story" teaser pack from Disney Travel, and I have received my MVMCP tickets, but until I receive those luggage tags and ME package a few weeks from our travel date it just doesn't feel like it's happening. :goodvibes

:cool1: ON MICKEY MAIL!!!! The start of Magic BEGINS!!! Im so excited for your trip like it was my own! Mostly because i love your reports... :goodvibes
Not a MJ fan.. and i haven't done Figment... so that upsets me..

I wish I'd find something like that in my mailbox. I always just seem to have junk mail and bills. :rolleyes1

I've never done Ohana for dinner, and quite frankly have had some huge reservations about the place lately, but I guess one day I will have to get there and give it a try........... :rolleyes2 Still, a great way to end the day with a drink in hand and watching Wishes from Poly Beach, especially with a belly full of wings!!! :woohoo:

And it looks like a super start to an Epcot day! Another restaurant I haven't tried before in France, but definitely on my list for the future. Hope you enjoy it as much this time as you did the first. There are often other great sights to see in France, including Serveur Amusant, but sometimes you're lucky if you can catch them once much less multiple trips. :(

And congratulations on getting ME in the mail!!! :goodvibes

And just saw this and I am NOT a happy camper at all (and no comments from you Captain!):

"A post on The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia's Facebook page has been stirring up interest in the Disney community.

The site claims: "The Imagination Pavilion at Epcot will cease operations on January 2nd, 2014. The Captain EO show will not reopen, while the ride and retail location are rumored to remain closed for one year for renovations. There is no official statement from Disney on the scale of work at this time."

The Imagination Pavilion has long been the source of renovation rumors. Journey Into Imagination With Figment has been through a few versions, but its die-hard fans would like to see the attraction returned to its original state. Other rumors we've been hearing lately are that the pavilion will get a Phineas and Ferb makeover. No matter what ends up taking place, it's safe to say that someone won't be happy. The Imagination Pavilion is an Epcot icon and its fans are very vocal about their love for the attraction and its purple mascot. "
Well this stinks........... :rolleyes1 What's next? Changes in MK to the Stitch ride??? :confused3

Just kidding Ms. Kat! I know how much you love your little purple monster!!! :)

ahh man they better not take figment out...i still need to get a figment for the kids on our next trip...he was always my favorite growing up and i love that ride.

Well, make sure you get plenty of time in with the little purple guy... just in case... :worried:

I will be sure to ride it several times...even if I have to go by myself. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a nice Epcot day. I thought about doing dinner at Chefs of France on my Epcot day, but wound up picking Via Napoli.

Did you end up deciding to cancel Via Napoli as mentioned in your TR?

I agree with Andy, make sure to do Figment in case it doesn't come back. Though you will be back in December and it won't close until January so you will have the chance then too.

Trust me, I will NOT miss it; and I do have my December trip too.

Arrival day sounds like a good plan. I cannot wait to try Be Our Guest when we go.
I hope you enjoy it as we did

A donut for breakfast to handle Star Tours. ROTF
I think hubby will be doing Star Tours himself in any event...it does not agree with me lately

I agree about the new Test Track but I will ride it just wish I could skip the entire queue.
You can skip the queue if you have a FP

Rose & Crown. Yum! The Scotch Egg is so good.
Mark has been eyeing that Scotch Egg

I loved our lunch at LTT. Hope you all like it.
We did the first time and hoping to again

I am sure you can both make it to midnight.
Don't be so sure. :rotfl2:

‘Ohana um can’t wait to hear your review.
Get a Lapu Lapu and sit on the beach for the fireworks.
I can't wait to try it; and definitely getting something...either a Lapu Lapu or a Pina Colada for the fireworks.

Epcot plans look good.
Thanks

Yum Chef’s de France.
All the plans look great.
All caught up.

We really enjoyed Chefs and I can't wait to go back again.

We are eating at Chef's in December !!I haven't been there in awhile ,so am looking forward to it !!!

Glad you are going back, Rosie.

I didn't realize I was this far behind.

I get that way sometimes and it is so hard to catch up.

This does make me a little sad - the Figment part, not the Captain EO part. And I really hope it doesn't become something Phineas and Ferb.

I could care less about Captaion EO, but I love that purple dragon. I understand them having to do more for the "new generation", but Figment is a staple of Epcot.

I would like to see something creative in the EO theatre. A really up to date 3D or 4D attraction. Heck - just leave Figment alone. I hope they don't turn it into more convention space.

Totally agree.

So - now I forgot what your plans were.

Ah - yes - Epcot - Chefs is good. I am going to try Le Cellier in October (for lunch) because I haven't eaten there in forever.

I'll be curious to hear how your lunch is; we were very displeased with dinner in 2011.

Glad you have a couple DIS meets planned and your Epcot plans look great. I love all the movies.

I love my DIS meets...I meet the greatest people.

Plans sound great. Just one thing to note, if it's not an evening EMH day, most attractions in Future World (except the 4 main ones) will close at 7pm. When we went Nemo and Figment were both closed in the evening.

We are good Mel as it is an EMH evening at Epcot. :)

You have a great day at Epcot planned! I find Epcot to be so relaxing, just walking around the WS and seeing all of the hidden little gems that you can find. I hope that you do go and pick a pearl, it looks like so much fun!

I hope I get to do Pick-a-Pearl too; I've been saying the last five trips we are going to do it.

Woo Hoo!!!

So exciting to get that mail.

:woohoo::woohoo: I miss getting those ! You're getting close now Yeah !!

We've only recently started getting these the last two trips because we always rented a car; then that got so expensive, that we wait until the end of the trip to get the car. 16 days...but who is counting? :lmao::lmao:

I agree that we can count out the 16th! It will be a long day for both of us! ;)

Definitely!

Yay for both of us eating at Tusker House on the same morning. :woohoo: :yay:

That will be great. I should check and see if there is something closer to your time.

I'll PM you my number but I will be watching you post your daily plans to compare. ::yes::

I got the number and now you should have mine.

Oh, and how awesome that you received your ME tags. We received ours and I had to ask for a couple more!

Luckily, we only need one each. With staying at DVC, I can always do laundry if I have to; if not, I can do it when we get to Marco.

I love O'Hara...like Scott said get the lap-lap drink in the pineapple....yummy. We are doing chefs for the first time in Dec. Have you watched the electric water pageant from the Poly beach...that is fun and is right after wishes I think.

I'm glad we are finally trying Ohana; Exactly what is in the Lapu Lapu? Yes, we've watched the Electric Water Pageant from there in the past as well as from the Contemporary when we used to stay at those two resorts. Hopefully we'll see that too.

Woohoo for Epcot day!

I cringed a little at the Mission: Space pic lol. Can't even do the tame one.
We will probably be in Epcot that evening. Lets keep tabs on each other? France will be calling my name.

I did the "bad" side once and NEVER EVER again; I won't even try the tame side now.

Yes, we need to keep tabs so we can hook up for a Slush.

:cool1: for mickey mail!

Thanks, Ann. I love Mickey mail.

Just stopping by to say hi! Now, I am getting really excited to hear about your plans - since your Epcot day is our arrival day. Whoot!

D~

Hi, D; I thought you were there the day we go to the Poly for dinner and are meeting Suzi? I'm so confused.

That's when the reality of it all sinks in that you are going to Disney World. :banana:

It sure is...and it lets you know you are even clsoer to the actual date.

I've gotten my confirmation number, I've received the "Your Story" teaser pack from Disney Travel, and I have received my MVMCP tickets, but until I receive those luggage tags and ME package a few weeks from our travel date it just doesn't feel like it's happening. :goodvibes

See, with renting DVC, I don't get any of those other things anymore. So I get doubly excited when the ME pacakge arrives. :goodvibes

:cool1: ON MICKEY MAIL!!!! The start of Magic BEGINS!!! Im so excited for your trip like it was my own! Mostly because i love your reports... :goodvibes

You are very sweet, Mo. :hug:

Not a MJ fan.. and i haven't done Figment... so that upsets me..

I was a huge fan of Michael's in his early years; but then he just got too weird for me. Hopefully they bring Figment back in some fashion.

I wish I'd find something like that in my mailbox. I always just seem to have junk mail and bills. :rolleyes1

Luckily, I don't get bills in the mailbox anymore, only my computer mailbox. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I've never done Ohana for dinner, and quite frankly have had some huge reservations about the place lately, but I guess one day I will have to get there and give it a try........... :rolleyes2 Still, a great way to end the day with a drink in hand and watching Wishes from Poly Beach, especially with a belly full of wings!!! :woohoo:

I think we've held off so long on it because I've read mixed reviews. But I've learned everyone has different tastes and experiences (for example, people LOVE WCC and 50's Prime Time...and we have no intentions of ever going back), so I wnat to try it myself.

And it looks like a super start to an Epcot day! Another restaurant I haven't tried before in France, but definitely on my list for the future. Hope you enjoy it as much this time as you did the first. There are often other great sights to see in France, including Serveur Amusant, but sometimes you're lucky if you can catch them once much less multiple trips. :(

We happened to catch Serveur Amusant when we were there in December...had a great view from our window seat at lunch. :)

And congratulations on getting ME in the mail!!! :goodvibes

Love getting any Disney mail.

Well this stinks........... :rolleyes1 What's next? Changes in MK to the Stitch ride??? :confused3

HA HA HA, funny man. They can totally get rid of Stitch at the MK in my opinion (and 99% of the rest of the population probably feel the same way).

Just kidding Ms. Kat! I know how much you love your little purple monster!!! :)

He's cute...how can you not love him?

ahh man they better not take figment out...i still need to get a figment for the kids on our next trip...he was always my favorite growing up and i love that ride.

Has Parker never done Figment? I know you didn't do a lot of the "darker or louder" rides this year.

Hi Kathy just checking in afte a very long day that stared at 2:30 a with my monthly overnight check and I stayed til 7 a and then was back at 9:30 a to let another staff in !!!Had to do my annual med pour at 4p and soooo it was a very long day !!! I am having a early night !!!!!

Hi Kathy just checking in afte a very long day that stared at 2:30 a with my monthly overnight check and I stayed til 7 a and then was back at 9:30 a to let another staff in !!!Had to do my annual med pour at 4p and soooo it was a very long day !!! I am having a early night !!!!!

Rosie, I'm exhausted just reading about your day. Get some rest, friend.

BIG Figment fan too you won't have to ride it alone, say the word and I'm there !

( been quite but I'm all caught up again :thumbsup2 )

It is now Wednesday, August 21. We have today, tomorrow and Friday until 2:00 p.m. before we head to Marco.

Today we will sleep in. Although sleeping in for us at Disney does not usually work. We will probably be up and ready for breakfast by 8:30. We are having breakfast at the resort today at Olivia's. We find this one of the hidden gems at Disney.

When I went with the girls a year ago January, I had this:

I can't remember if Mark and I had breakfast there last year...I don't think so.

Then we plan on hanging around the resort and hanging at the pool:

Or we may go to the quiet pool:

Where I may or may not do some laundry:

After some pool time, we will either go to dinner here:

(Beaches and Cream)

and then go shopping.

Or we will take this transportation to DTD and eat at Earl of Sandwich:

Either way, this will be our night to do our shopping at DTD for anything we have to pick up for co-workers (Mark always gets something for his assistant, I get something for the girl who takes care of my main boss while I am gone, etc).

After we get back from DTD, I'm thinking we will definitely stop here:

Where I will have one or two of these wonderful drinks that MEK told me about:

It will be a relatively early night as we have a busy, early a.m. tomorrow.

mmmmm, Turtle Krawls. I could use a couple right now! One of the many reasons I love OKW.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter