30 years? How is that possible? Recap last day at Disney (8/14)

Sounds like you've planned a fun day at AK. It's one of the two parks where I don't find morning EMH necessary. I've actually never tried them because of that.

Love the MK plans! I think that pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace is my only remaining "must do" character meal! It really is the best! :goodvibes

Always enjoy the mid afternoon pool break, too!

Nice AK day, and this time I would get to ride EE with Mark............and then Dinosaur with you Ms. Kathy!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

It looks like your Animal Kingdom day will be lots of fun. I mean, seriously, how could it not be? It's got all the makings of fun....funny hats, thrill rides and breakfast with characters.

I don't think I've posted on here yet, so I'm going to join in! Congratulations on 30 years! You two are the cutest! Your plans so far sound wonderful, and I can't wait to read all about your trip :)

Okay, if you were all listening in the last update, use your imagination and we are now at Monday, August 19.

We will get up rather early to head here:

I do enjoy AK as well, better than DHS but not as much as Epcot or the MK. As hot as that place can get, I prefer to hit it early like you.

It is EMH's this morning at the AK.

We will probably head to Mark's favorite first:

Mark has great taste; Expedition Everest is my favorite ride in all of WDW. On a not so busy day I can hit that thing a half dozen times. :goodvibes

I will meet him in the gift shop after his ride where perhaps he'll find another one of these to try on:

Looks like his best retro look of the big hair era of the 80's. Can we say Nikki Sixx from Motley Crew. Can't believe I went from that look to mullet, to ummm now wishing I could grow hair. :lmao:

From there, we will head to Dinosaur so I can ride that. Mark will probably walk around in the gift shop with strict instructions of no hat trying on until I return. ;)

Another fun ride. I cannot get my DD to go on that thing again. She says it's just to freaky real (her words).

As usual, I love your pre trip reports and the many pictures you post with them. :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness! I must not have subscribed...or even posted to say I was gonna read along! :rolleyes:

So now rectifying that... I am so excited to read along and find out what you have planned for your very special anniversary trip. Congratulations, btw! 30 years!!!

Your plans look great and you are staying at OKW. :cool1: You can bet I will be anxious for a TR with LOTS of pics.

A Raspberry Pina Colada? Ok, I am putting that on my list for fall too. :thumbsup2

Your AK Day sounds great!! Mark has to wait for you to try on the Hats:rotfl2:I loved Donald's Breakfast last year with the Group!!!This year we opted for Akerhaus Princess breakfast!!Seeing Cinderella last year was a BIGhit with the Boys , so we are hoping this crew will like it too!!!!:)

Well, if he doesn't wait for me, who the heck is going to take the pictures. :rotfl: One of these days I want to try the Akerhaus breakast (did not care for lunch at all); and, of course, you want to keep the boys happy with seeing princesses.

What if he promises to take "selfies?" :lmao:

My husband has a hard enough time taking a picture of anything let alone trying to aim it at himself. :lmao::lmao:

Walking around Disney World always feels relaxing to me... I don't care how tired I get doing it. :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

You know, it's really true. I think it is because you just don't have a care in the world while you are there.

a first?!?!? For the two of you?!?!?
popcorn::
popcorn::

Yes, something new that the two of us have never done.

I think you could make a book of just pictures of Mark trying on hats! I will look for him by the hats in every store in Dec.

I think we could make a couple of books; especially if I kept the pictures from all of our visits to the zoos, the malls, Target, etc. :rotfl2:

AK!! :lovestruc:cloud9: Sounds like you will have a great day there for sure. I don't know if Mark will be able to resist trying on hats while you are on Dinosaur though! ;):rotfl:

I may have to tie his hands behind his back to be sure he behaves while I'm gone. ;)

that french toast looks SOOO good! What is next to it though?

I love that french toast. I believe what you are referring to is the potato casserole...very yummy.

Fun fun day!

Thanks.

Sounds like you've planned a fun day at AK. It's one of the two parks where I don't find morning EMH necessary. I've actually never tried them because of that.

Yes, I've found we really don't need the EMH in the a.m. either, but if we do them we do get out of there a little earlier and go back to swim at our resort and then go out again at night. And last time we did them, Mark got to go on EE three times in a row going through the regular line.

Love the MK plans! I think that pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace is my only remaining "must do" character meal! It really is the best! :goodvibes

It's been awhile since we've been able to get breakfast that early and I can't wait!

Always enjoy the mid afternoon pool break, too!

It's a must-do at our age, now. ;)

Nice AK day, and this time I would get to ride EE with Mark............and then Dinosaur with you Ms. Kathy!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

That would be nice; it's lonely sometimes riding alone with a car full of strangers. :lmao::lmao:

It looks like your Animal Kingdom day will be lots of fun. I mean, seriously, how could it not be? It's got all the makings of fun....funny hats, thrill rides and breakfast with characters.

Yses, having breakfast with my husband--the character--always makes for a fun day. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't think I've posted on here yet, so I'm going to join in! Congratulations on 30 years! You two are the cutest! Your plans so far sound wonderful, and I can't wait to read all about your trip :)

Glad to have you here as well as the TR now. :goodvibes

Awwww...thanks; I've been told when you reach our age it's okay to be cute again. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Thanks; I wouldn't change these 30 years for anything (well, except for winning the lottery maybe).

As usual, I love your pre trip reports and the many pictures you post with them. :thumbsup2

For some reason, it wouldn't let me quote your responses that were in red. :confused3 You and Mark can have EE; I'll just go sit at the Dawa Bar and drink my coladas thank you very much. I love your daughter's description of Dinosaur; I think it's a great ride and doesn't get enough love.

Thanks, Bob.

Oh my goodness! I must not have subscribed...or even posted to say I was gonna read along! :rolleyes:

No worries...Ann; glad you are here now.

So now rectifying that... I am so excited to read along and find out what you have planned for your very special anniversary trip. Congratulations, btw! 30 years!!!

Thanks for the congrats; we have a few things we've never done so it will be extra fun this trip.

Your plans look great and you are staying at OKW. :cool1: You can bet I will be anxious for a TR with LOTS of pics.

I promise lots of extra pictures for you from OKW since that is your "new" home.

A Raspberry Pina Colada? Ok, I am putting that on my list for fall too. :thumbsup2

Oh it is so, so yummy.

***I'm finishing up Day 4 now; I'll try to do Day 5 before the weekend as we have a busy weekend. We have a wedding Friday night (Mark's best friend) and a wedding Saturday night (the daughter of very good friends' of ours is getting married). Unfortunately, the kids have to go right back Saturday morning as they have two parties to go to in Dubuque. :(

So after our fun-filled day on August 19 at the Animal Kingdom and back to the resort for a swim, we will be doing something we have never done before.

We will be having dinner at the Polynesian. I think we may have eaten at Kona before it was Kona years and years ago when the boys were little.

But Kona is not our destination. Nor is it Captain Cook's. Nope, we will be dining here for the very first time:

(Borrowed from the internet)

And I'm sure we will be taking a lot of pleasure in some of this:

(Borrowed from internet)

After what we hope will be a yummy dinner and Mark saving room from dessert (I'm going to tell him to skip the salad as I know he will love that pudding), we are going to do a little shopping at the Polynesian (love their shops) and then we are going to watch

from the Poly beach. We have not done this since we took Andy and his then girlfriend back in 2004 for his high school graduation on 4th of July evening. I want to get a drink from the lounge and sit in a hammock with my hubby and watch our favorite nighttime show.

I think we will probably catch a cab back to our resort unless MK has late hours that night and we can catch a monorail back to the MK and then catch an OKW bus.

***We are also, with high hopes, having a DIS meet this day with Suzi (Solana131) and D (DMGeurts) while we are at the Poly.

Up next, Day 5 and dining at a new favorite

And just saw this and I am NOT a happy camper at all (and no comments from you Captain!):

"A post on The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia's Facebook page has been stirring up interest in the Disney community.

The site claims: "The Imagination Pavilion at Epcot will cease operations on January 2nd, 2014. The Captain EO show will not reopen, while the ride and retail location are rumored to remain closed for one year for renovations. There is no official statement from Disney on the scale of work at this time."

The Imagination Pavilion has long been the source of renovation rumors. Journey Into Imagination With Figment has been through a few versions, but its die-hard fans would like to see the attraction returned to its original state. Other rumors we've been hearing lately are that the pavilion will get a Phineas and Ferb makeover. No matter what ends up taking place, it's safe to say that someone won't be happy. The Imagination Pavilion is an Epcot icon and its fans are very vocal about their love for the attraction and its purple mascot. "

O'hana interests me for a future stay. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I know I will try it someday.

I definitely want to watch Wishes from the Poly Beach someday too!

And just saw this and I am NOT a happy camper at all (and no comments from you Captain!):

"A post on The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia's Facebook page has been stirring up interest in the Disney community.

The site claims: "The Imagination Pavilion at Epcot will cease operations on January 2nd, 2014. The Captain EO show will not reopen, while the ride and retail location are rumored to remain closed for one year for renovations. There is no official statement from Disney on the scale of work at this time."

The Imagination Pavilion has long been the source of renovation rumors. Journey Into Imagination With Figment has been through a few versions, but its die-hard fans would like to see the attraction returned to its original state. Other rumors we've been hearing lately are that the pavilion will get a Phineas and Ferb makeover. No matter what ends up taking place, it's safe to say that someone won't be happy. The Imagination Pavilion is an Epcot icon and its fans are very vocal about their love for the attraction and its purple mascot. "

Not a fan of Captain EO at all so not sad about that, but if they want to put new things in, why not use the empty Wonders of Life building?

gah! i knew you haven't done the POLY!!! why didn't i say that!!!
it's Tom's favorite restaurant..remember do not compare it to our Brazilian restaurants!!!
it's fun..

i have done either attraction but was hoping to do them next year!!!
fireworks at the beach is AWESOME and so romantic!!!

I hope that you and Mark enjoy Ohana as much as my family does. Well, as much as everybody but picky-eater Hunter does. He likes it mostly for the atmosphere and the meat. We've been lucky enough to watch the fireworks from the restaurant three times now.

Woohoo for 'Ohana dinner! Yes, I'm still seeing pot stickers in my sleep. I was tempted on more than one occasion this week to try and get an ADR. But, for the price, I can't make a habit of it. I'll give it a month or two. Then hit it up again.
The rest of the evening sounds lovely. Very relaxing.

Hmmm... I do love Journey. I miss the original and hope that's where they're going with it. They did bring back the original Tiki Room. I understand wanting to give things a fresh approach but, I'd hate to see Figment become part of Disney past. Not sure how to feel. I guess I'll wait for Disney to make it official before I start the protests.

Ok, I just have to say that for as often as you go to Disney World and as many different restaurants as I've seen featured in your TR's, I'm absolutely shocked that you haven't eaten at the Poly... except for maybe Kona once. I mean I really thought you'd been to just about all of them by now! :rotfl2:

I have to say that I'm not upset about this one at all. EO sucks. I mean there's nothing nice I can say about that one. As for the Figment part... well, I love Figment, but I have no problem with a refurb there. It lacks Imagination and there is so much more that can be done with the unutilized space. Now as for the addition of Phineas and Ferb... I'm kind of leery of that one. I actually like P&F, and based on their show, they would be the perfect characters to attach to an Imagination pavilion, but I don't want to see Figment evicted so that they can be added.

Now if they came up with some kind of a way to bring back Dreamfinder, Figment and merge them into a story line with Phineas and Ferb... well, with a little bit of imagination the possibilities are endless. :thumbsup2

I hope you like Ohana! I loved it my first time. Had to take dh the next time so he could try. I wasn't as impressed... but he LOVED it. Now we have to go every time. He is just so thrilled by "unlimited steak" :rotfl2: He even special requests and they fill it for him. He likes it very rare...so tells the server that and voila, that is what they bring him.... over and over and over. I am not sure where he puts it all... and I would be embarrassed to say just how many pieces of steak he had on our last trip. :rolleyes1

I would hate to see figment go!!! I am a fan...and it is probably one of my favorite rides in Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter