24-Hour Day 2015 Tips

This is my first 24hr event too and I read that buses start running at 5:15am so I am planning on being at the bus stop no later then 4:30am to make sure I am on one of the first buses there.

This will be our first 24 hour event as well as our first park opening (we are afternoon-park close people)....aprox what time should we plan on getting to our resort bus stop (CBR) in order to be there for the opening ceremony? Thanks!

Congrats, lol! P00H1010, that's us, too - first time for 24 hour event and first time at park opening! Closest we ever got was doing a tour and having to be there like at 9, 9:15 for the 9:30 KTTK tour, and we missed any opening ceremony if there was one. We are totally afternoon to park close people, as well! No problem staying up till 6 a.m., but getting up that early is gonna be roouugghhh! And, two days in a row, since we fly in on the 6 a.m. flight out of Chicago on Thu, yikes!

So, we, too, are wondering what time we need to be at the bus stop by to catch the bus from POP to MK? We definitely want to be there for the opening ceremony, I think it's gonna be awesome! From those with experience with the 24 hr event, will the buses be crowded at that hour? I sorta remember reading somewhere that the early buses were fairly empty, wondering if that is true?

Last edited:
430 to make sure you make it in time OR you can take a taxi to the contemporary at 430/445 and walk over to ensure that you get there in time; The early buses were crazy packed, at least the ones from SSR last year

What time do people plan to get to MK for RD? I'm walking from the CR and was thinking of leaving around 5:15-5:30am.

I'll be hopefully getting there at 530 by bus from ASMu; that was earliest I could get there last year.

Any recommendations for what time I should be at the bus stop at Coronado? 4:45am? Also, the bus will make its first stop at Bus Stop 1, right? Do you think it will be full by the time it gets to the stop 4 by the lobby?

What did they do at Epcot last year? I assume if they do it'll be announced last minute like they do with everything.

Hah, can you tell that I'm more than ready to hear about special characters and events.
they had a dance party and it was open extra late and stuff

This will be our first 24 hour event as well as our first park opening (we are afternoon-park close people)....aprox what time should we plan on getting to our resort bus stop (CBR) in order to be there for the opening ceremony? Thanks!

We are staying at CBR and plan to start heading towards the bus at 5. See you there!

Is 5am not early enough from CBR? We also have a car but don't really want to mess with it. If the buses are CRAZY packed, we could always change our minds and jump in the car, though.

It would be great to have an Olaf m&g! And maybe kristoff?! Did they do FP for M & G's last year or you just have to wait in line? And do they go on throughout the day or only certain hours?

Last edited:
I went last year! Last year we were staying at POP but we drove to the 24 hour party. We left POP at about 4:50 AM and took the ferry to MK. What tied us up was bag check, which took like 20 minutes. The area for the opening show was jammed. This year, we are staying at Contemporary so I am walking over at about 4:45 AM. My friend wants to sleep in and take the monorail at 5:30 AM. The monorail will prob be packed. Last year, buses started at 5:15 AM... the line for the POP buses looked insane from a distance. The monorail does not start until 5:15 either. We'll get more information about the 24 hour entertainment, merchandise and food about a week before the event from Disney Parks Blog.

I went last year! Last year we were staying at POP but we drove to the 24 hour party. We left POP at about 4:50 AM and took the ferry to MK. What tied us up was bag check, which took like 20 minutes. The area for the opening show was jammed. This year, we are staying at Contemporary so I am walking over at about 4:45 AM. My friend wants to sleep in and take the monorail at 5:30 AM. The monorail will prob be packed. Last year, buses started at 5:15 AM... the line for the POP buses looked insane from a distance. The monorail does not start until 5:15 either. We'll get more information about the 24 hour entertainment, merchandise and food about a week before the event from Disney Parks Blog.

Ooh, so the buses were really crazy at Pop at 4:50 a.m.? Yikes, I'll be in an ecv and that could make it rough getting on a bus early! I'm sorta surprised as I know I read someone was saying that the bus she was on was pretty empty at last year's party. I'm just dreading being up and trying to get there so early, but I don't wanna miss the opening! I'm just not good at all at getting going early, so that part worries me, lol! And, if buses don't start till 5:15, I don't see how they'll get all those who wanna get there quick for the opening to be there in time. Now it's starting to get me worried, lol!

Congrats, lol! P00H1010, that's us, too - first time for 24 hour event and first time at park opening!
Congrats too lol! Have a great time :)

We are staying at CBR and plan to start heading towards the bus at 5. See you there!
Awesome! We were thinking around that same time...hoping to get to MK around 5:30ish at the latest. Have a great time :)

I'm staying at POP this year...not sure if I will be on 1st bus to MK, but as long as I get to MK around 6am I will be fine...if I get to see the opening show, that's ok...if not, no big loss...I'm just excited to be on a WDW trip!!!

I have Fantasmic Friday night and then heading over to MK. With it being a holiday weekend, what are the chances the park closing due to full capacity? I don't know how often that has happened or if that's ever been the case during a 24hr event.

I just got an email from Disney saying they cancelled my fastpass+ for wishes for the 24 hour day due to an "unexpected change in the operating schedule". Did anyone else get an email like that?

I just got the same email. Really bummed about that. Wonder why it was cancelled?!?!

I just got an email from Disney saying they cancelled my fastpass+ for wishes for the 24 hour day due to an "unexpected change in the operating schedule". Did anyone else get an email like that?

Ditto!! My daughter and were literally just talking about how nice this was going to be. I'm so sad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter