2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

I think that my problem with this toe is I am developing a bunion and it rubs wrong. My friend told me to tape it and I am going to try that. I also need to go to my ortho doctor next week (knee issues) and his PA is great and is a runner (makes a difference I've found). This PA has been a great resource for many little things and I plan on asking him after I see my doc. After the Tink last year, I had issues with my feet (blisters), he suggested that I go a full size bigger in my shoe and not the customary 1/2 size. I do get my shoes from a running store and was fitted. I know I need a bigger toe box and the shoes I have now are so much better. I was shocked that I got this blister. Last year I had lost 3 toenails by week 10 in training.

Gotcha. When I switched to the Hokas over the winter, I found I had to go up a whole size too, b/c their toe box was smaller than my asics.

Hey Tinks,
More Dooney more $$$$. On the Disney Park Blog...they showed some D & B purses that will be released for the 60th celebration. I LOVE the dark solid blue one.
Luckily, I'm not a big fan of those; but I'm in love w/ the retro style one they came out w/ a couple years back. :lovestruc Hopefully I won't be in love w/ the DL one either and then I'll be in the clear. :rotfl2:

4 weeks to go and I came down with shingles! Went for 11km this morning my back was on fire. Saw the Dr. this morning she gave me pills and creams. Hope I can get my head around this. What a thing to pop up! I need to find the inner beast.

Hope you get better soon!

I have to go up a full size with some shoes, it depends on the model. The other thing I've discovered the hard way is that even if you're wearing the same model of shoe as last year, there might be some small differences that cause blisters from year to year. I have been running in Nike Frees since I started doing real distance running (as a step up in cushion from the Vibram 5 fingers I'd been wearing) and ran everything up to a full marathon with no issues. Late summer I ran out of the shoes I'd bought and bought several pairs of the same model...and started blistering on my instep. I was blistered by mile 8 of the marathon and had to stop at 15 for band aids so I could finish the race. Same brand, same model, same size, different manufacturing year. After changing socks and other things, I went and bought a different shoe and the blistering problem has disappeared. It showed back up on Monday when I ran 7 miles in the old shoes, though. The other thing, when it comes to toenails at least, is that I have to have trimmed nails.

Thanks for the help. I didn't know that about the shoes - good information. I might just go shopping again at the running store. I did get a pedicure and she didn't understand short toenails LOL! I clipped them shorter last night.

Well everyone 1 month today! So excited! Dreaming of those medals around my neck! Just tapering on training now hard work is done. Did not reach my 18 km goal but 17.5km will have to do. Just need to set sites on those medals! It will fun to meet everyone! Feeling pumped this helping getting past the itch and pain of shingles! I will prevail! They not stop me. Doing the snoopy dance!

Well everyone 1 month today! So excited! Dreaming of those medals around my neck! Just tapering on training now hard work is done. Did not reach my 18 km goal but 17.5km will have to do. Just need to set sites on those medals! It will fun to meet everyone! Feeling pumped this helping getting past the itch and pain of shingles! I will prevail! They not stop me. Doing the snoopy dance!

I am also counting the days !!!!!!!

it looks like for the 10K we don't run thru the castle.....do any of the runs go thru the castle?
the half map doesn't provide indepth park map route.....

I'm in the last (G) corral. Questions: Because there is NO time listed for that corral, are there pacers? Are the "balloon ladies" the last of that corral or are they behind corral F?

I don't want to be a downer on such an exciting day but I'm having a really hard time with the new calendar for that week. At first, DL was closing at 7:30 on just the 12th but now it's the 11th, too. We've been planning this trip for a year and it's so much money and now our favorite place to be in the evenings will be closed for 2 of our 3 days. :( It's just so, so disappointing.

Us too -- we are there may 3 to 10 and now instead of regular off season closing times, 3 of our nights have 7:30 closing!
DCA is going to be packed those nights
I am still hoping for an AP party to be annouced during our stay! :rolleyes1

I'm in the last (G) corral. Questions: Because there is NO time listed for that corral, are there pacers? Are the "balloon ladies" the last of that corral or are they behind corral F?
They start in the last corral and wait to be the last ones to cross the start line. Then they keep a 16 minute pace the whole race.

I don't want to be a downer on such an exciting day but I'm having a really hard time with the new calendar for that week. At first, DL was closing at 7:30 on just the 12th but now it's the 11th, too. We've been planning this trip for a year and it's so much money and now our favorite place to be in the evenings will be closed for 2 of our 3 days. :( It's just so, so disappointing.
It is disappointing. I'm also worried that so much will be down or being worked on to get ready for the anniversary. I hope not.

it looks like for the 10K we don't run thru the castle.....do any of the runs go thru the castle?
the half map doesn't provide indepth park map route.....
It doesn't look like it for the 10k, don't remember last year, we do for the 1/2 and for the 5k, no running through the castle, but we start at the walkway next to the castle leading towards the Matterhorn.

I noticed that for both courses, but looks like last year didn't either. Maybe it's too tight of a space??

The opening between the castles hasn't stopped them from running us through the castle before. It looks like we still run through it for the half. So I don't think they're planning anything for the castle that weekend.

Someone all ready mentioned this. But yeah the balloon people, well actually orange flags usually here at Disneyland when I've encountered them, start at the very back of the last corral. When we were starting Avengers I happened to glance to the side and saw them waiting for the corrals to come through. Before then I had never seen them pre-race so I'm guessing how it must work is that they wait off to the side before the start and then drop into the back as soon as the last regular runner crosses the start.

The hours for Tink weekend are odd. I'm an AP holder so I can live with it. It's just weird.

Oh and I guess we are back to wristbands for Coast to Coast. -cringe- I actually liked the photo method and not having to worry about the wristband.

I checked out the igift bag......I have to say I'm disappointed that there is NOTHING, I mean nothing, from Pandora. I'm more than a little surprised. I thought there would be a least a discount coupon for something since they are a race sponsor. :sad:

Last edited:
So excited to come home from work to official race stuff being out for Tink now that we are a month away. Looks like I'll be representing C again. One day I will break into B, one day!

I checked out the igift bag......I have to say I'm disappointed that there is NOTHING, I mean nothing, from Pandora. I'm more than a little surprised. I thought there would be a least a discount coupon for something since they are a race sponsor. :sad:

That's actually pretty odd considering the race is presented by Pandora.

I wonder if their going to update the iGift bag eventually? I'm asking that because you know what's missing that's really weird? The lack of a link to the New Balance Virtual Queue. The NB thing in the iGift bag is just a tips and tricks video. I don't think the virtual queue hasn't been in the Bags for a year or two now. I get the designs aren't going over that great with a lot of people (I still stand by they are really comfy shoes). But to leave it out completely is just weird!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter