2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

Good Morning and Happy Easter! Got my run in yesterday, 11 miles without stopping! I feel like I can actually do this Half now! the count down begins! 32 days! :yay:

if anyone finds out what is going on and/or why DL is closing at 7:30pm on Monday May 4 and Wed May 6 AND Thurs May 7 --- pls post!

Good Morning and Happy Easter! Got my run in yesterday, 11 miles without stopping! I feel like I can actually do this Half now! the count down begins! 32 days! :yay:

Happy Easter! Congrats on the run, that's awesome!

if anyone finds out what is going on and/or why DL is closing at 7:30pm on Monday May 4 and Wed May 6 AND Thurs May 7 --- pls post!

My guess is 1 of 3 things ~ private party, Grad Night or trying to get more stuff done for the 60th.

Oh! Just thought of why ~ they're planning on surprising everyone and having a private party for all the runners and it's free! Hey, if you out it out there, it could happen. Right? :rotfl2:

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter !!!!

I stayed away from the peeps this year but not the jelly beans.

I cannot believe how close we are!!!! At this point, I'm getting excited to be on VACATION!!! :)

Yes! PLEASE let us know if you hear anything! If it's an AP party, that may sway our decision to go ahead and purchase them. Oh...do you think we would be able to get in? Do you have to pre-register for that kind of thing?

I am so not ready for Tink!! I have nothing in me to get myself out there to train with what little time we have left. I work so late that I can't get myself to wake up early enough to go running before it's too warm for me and my allergies are at their worst.

I am so not ready for Tink!! I have nothing in me to get myself out there to train with what little time we have left. I work so late that I can't get myself to wake up early enough to go running before it's too warm for me and my allergies are at their worst.

It's ok - I'm with you girl!!! I don't think I've done longer than a 6 miler in months. It's disney. We got this!!!

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to get out the door or to step on the dreadmill. You're not the only one feeling like your not ready !!! I'm doing the training plan, my legs feel like cement and I'm not happy with my time. We've got 4 wks left......lets just try and get out there and do our best to get the miles in. This is the first time I'm doing a challenge so I'm getting nervous about that.

I did 10 miles on Saturday and felt pretty good about it. I just wish there was more time for training. I can't believe we are 30 days away!

TMI Alert: After Saturday's run, my big toe was hurting. It felt like an ingrown toenail, but, it wasn't. I did 3 miles last night and it wasn't bad, but, I was with my DD so I did a slower pace. I got into bed last night and the covers really hurt my toe. Bottom line: I have a blister under my toenail! I popped it and I will not have beautiful flip flop worthy toes this Summer. But man! I have my shoes on because of work and they don't feel too good on my toe. I just hope that it feels better soon. Okay, enough whining.

TMI Alert: After Saturday's run, my big toe was hurting. It felt like an ingrown toenail, but, it wasn't. I did 3 miles last night and it wasn't bad, but, I was with my DD so I did a slower pace. I got into bed last night and the covers really hurt my toe. Bottom line: I have a blister under my toenail! I popped it and I will not have beautiful flip flop worthy toes this Summer. But man! I have my shoes on because of work and they don't feel too good on my toe. I just hope that it feels better soon. Okay, enough whining.
Having done ballet for many years and encountered my fair share of blisters, all I can say is keep popping and draining on a regular basis (and really push down to push out all of the liquid so the skin lays completely flat against the underskin). Pretty soon, it will dry out, and you'll feel fine, but until then bandaids should provide the cushion you need (cheaper than those blister protection pads).

Just signed up for the Captain America 10k! I would have signed up for the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge, but I need to start saving for next year, when I'm hoping to do both the Princess Half and the Tink Half and finally get my Coast-To-Coast.

You'll be fine! :goodvibes You know you can do the distance so look at it more as a fun run vs a run run. Enjoy things you wouldn't if you were just running past everything. Sorry about the allergies rgough. Hopefully it dies down soon.

I did 10 miles on Saturday and felt pretty good about it. I just wish there was more time for training. I can't believe we are 30 days away!

Congrats on the 10! For your toe, are your shoes big enough? It sounds like there wasn't enough room in the toe box for you. Hope it doesn't hurt too bad running!

I think that my problem with this toe is I am developing a bunion and it rubs wrong. My friend told me to tape it and I am going to try that. I also need to go to my ortho doctor next week (knee issues) and his PA is great and is a runner (makes a difference I've found). This PA has been a great resource for many little things and I plan on asking him after I see my doc. After the Tink last year, I had issues with my feet (blisters), he suggested that I go a full size bigger in my shoe and not the customary 1/2 size. I do get my shoes from a running store and was fitted. I know I need a bigger toe box and the shoes I have now are so much better. I was shocked that I got this blister. Last year I had lost 3 toenails by week 10 in training.

Hey Tinks,
More Dooney more $$$$. On the Disney Park Blog...they showed some D & B purses that will be released for the 60th celebration. I LOVE the dark solid blue one.

4 weeks to go and I came down with shingles! Went for 11km this morning my back was on fire. Saw the Dr. this morning she gave me pills and creams. Hope I can get my head around this. What a thing to pop up! I need to find the inner beast.

4 weeks to go and I came down with shingles! Went for 11km this morning my back was on fire. Saw the Dr. this morning she gave me pills and creams. Hope I can get my head around this. What a thing to pop up! I need to find the inner beast.

I'm so sorry !!!! Sending you some pixie dust and get well wishes for a speedy recovery.

I'm so sorry !!!! Sending you some pixie dust and get well wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks so much. This is the time were I have to say "suck it up buttercup" worked to hard for this I not let this get in my way! Training plan may be altered a little bit.

After the Tink last year, I had issues with my feet (blisters), he suggested that I go a full size bigger in my shoe and not the customary 1/2 size. I do get my shoes from a running store and was fitted. I know I need a bigger toe box and the shoes I have now are so much better. I was shocked that I got this blister. Last year I had lost 3 toenails by week 10 in training.
I have to go up a full size with some shoes, it depends on the model. The other thing I've discovered the hard way is that even if you're wearing the same model of shoe as last year, there might be some small differences that cause blisters from year to year. I have been running in Nike Frees since I started doing real distance running (as a step up in cushion from the Vibram 5 fingers I'd been wearing) and ran everything up to a full marathon with no issues. Late summer I ran out of the shoes I'd bought and bought several pairs of the same model...and started blistering on my instep. I was blistered by mile 8 of the marathon and had to stop at 15 for band aids so I could finish the race. Same brand, same model, same size, different manufacturing year. After changing socks and other things, I went and bought a different shoe and the blistering problem has disappeared. It showed back up on Monday when I ran 7 miles in the old shoes, though. The other thing, when it comes to toenails at least, is that I have to have trimmed nails.

Yikes! Take care and get better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter