2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

Decided that I need to get out of the turtle tank for TinkerBell 1/2 Marathon 2016. I am registered with a local running group and will be training for the Big Cottonwood Canyon 1/2 Marathon in September. My timing come August 11th in the training sessions will determine if I register....okay, who am I kidding, I will register for next year. I just figured I need to get in D or even E so that I can reduce the time standing in the corral and start more at dawn instead of full sun.

I so want the Cinderella popcorn bucket but I am not an eBay buyer. Hopefully they will have them next year - but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks and you should have said hi! :goodvibes Were you in the regular line or the single rider?

Something to keep in mind when you're deciding which 5k next year. Tink is the 5th anniversary so there will be a little more to it next year. The courses are different as well if that plays into your decision. As long as the course is the same for Tink, it starts inside DL by Pixie Hollow right next to the castle and you are inside the park, onstage and backstage, for the entire race; the finish is right before Little Mermaid in DCA. For SW, you start on DL Drive at the underpass below DTD then go into DL, DCA, up DTD and along the service road b/w DLH and ESPN Zone, so there are some parts outside the park.

We were in the regular line, about 20 people over from you...we got stuck when they brought it down, they moved our bobsled to a holding area and we had to sit for awhile. Ha! The ears were awesome.

Oh, that is helpful information - thanks! My issue with the SW 5K race is the day, that's a deadline day for the department I work for at a local university. I've pretty much decided to go for it and then just head off to work that Friday. So starting and stopping DTD actually works out better for fleeing rapidly. Ha!

Thanks ...I'll let you know about the paint brush when you go down in Aug. Our next trip....we're are trying to go for July 17th. Hopefully, all will fall into place. If I can't get the paint brush then I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer.:goodvibes

Have you heard of any fun July 4th races in our area??

Ooohhh, the 17th!! :mickeyjum I hope everything falls into place for you! I would love to go that day to just to be there like last week, but couldn't pull it off. No more vacation days and that weekend I have my last long run before SF.

The only 4th race that I know of is in Santa Cruz. There's a 5k and 10k and I think it starts at 8 and it's called the Firecracker 5k/10?

Decided that I need to get out of the turtle tank for TinkerBell 1/2 Marathon 2016. I am registered with a local running group and will be training for the Big Cottonwood Canyon 1/2 Marathon in September. My timing come August 11th in the training sessions will determine if I register....okay, who am I kidding, I will register for next year. I just figured I need to get in D or even E so that I can reduce the time standing in the corral and start more at dawn instead of full sun.

You better register for next year !!!!!! Now it's become a tradition and our yearly visit to Tink on Monday. :)
Sounds like a great idea to participate in a local running group !!!

I hope we have a earlier start next year. Hey, we're up so early anyway why not just start at 5:00 am like we did in the early years of Tink.

Ooohhh, the 17th!! :mickeyjum I hope everything falls into place for you! I would love to go that day to just to be there like last week, but couldn't pull it off. No more vacation days and that weekend I have my last long run before SF.

The only 4th race that I know of is in Santa Cruz. There's a 5k and 10k and I think it starts at 8 and it's called the Firecracker 5k/10?

Me too !!!!! Hey.....there's always "sick" days.
Thanks for the race info. I REALLY need to get my training started again for Sept. I think this summer is going to fly by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter