Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sunshine11, there have been many threads on the merits of "asking" or "not asking" about room upgrades during check-in. If you are a reader of these boards, it seems EVERYONE gets an upgrade, so why shouldn't you ask? The attitude some guests of the World take is that if everyone else gets upgraded from a SV to the Presidential Suite, then by golly they are going to get that too or their trip will be ruined and it's all the mouse's fault! Sorry, doesn't work that way. Yes, pixie dust does happen, it is just that people are more apt to report it when it does then when it doesn't. I am a firm believer that you book what you want and if the Magic happens, then that is great (congratulations White Rose and hope SIL comes to appreciate it one of these years). When it doesn't happen (which is my usual personal experience when we stay), then you are still happy to be getting the room you expect and will live with it for the time you are there. That's not to say that if there are issues with the room you don't go back down and discuss it with the manager, but in my humble opinion, asking for a free up-grade is just bad form.
Katesdad.

I would never ever ask for an upgrade. We would have been happy with what we booked, which is why we booked it. We have been to WDW many times and have rarely been in a different class of room then what we booked, even when on the platinum plan, which supposedly gets upgraded "all the time". It does not happen.

Never go in expecting an upgrade. My hubby says don't even wish/hope for it, but I do that, quietly, to myself, and on here of course....hehe.

page 207-210

We are staying at the YC Sept 25-Oct 1...we will be arriving late (plane is supposed to land at 8:30pm at MCO) via the magical express. We usually have the magical express handle the luggage, but since it will be late...I was wondering if we should get our own luggage from baggage claim and bring to the ME? Any thoughts? Thanks! My first post...

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I believe others have responded that you probably should pick up your own luggage since it may not be delivered by Disney until midnight or so.

:sad2:

We had a great trip last week! The hotel was amazing and we got our request of a daybed. When checking in we asked for it and he was able to give it to us as long as we didn't mind the standing balcony. No problem for us! My DD (13) and DS(5) did end up sitting out there together and watching lightening a few nights. They just sat on the floor and put their backs to the door.

Room was nice and clean. Housekeeping was awesome! We tend to keep our room tidy but appreciated the fresh towels and beds being made up.

The location to Epcot is just as great as described. We walked there in no time at all and the bag check/turnstiles were so nice and uncrowded. We ended up leaving epcot one day much sooner than we had planned so we could sneak back to the pool and swim. No complaints from the kids there!

Pool was great! Never an issue finding a chair or two. My son loved the lifejackets provided and honestly I felt more comfortable with him in one since the pool is so large. We are always with him in the water, but it made me feel better knowing he had one on just in case. He must have gone down the slide about 20 times!

I think we have found our new home base for Disney world. We are already hoping to go back next year!

I enjoyed your review! May I add a link to the Trip Report section of this thread?

:goodvibes:

At the airport delayed. The plane took off then landed within 20 minutes. They said something is wrong with the door. Apparently they are fixing it and we are due to leave at 1250. We initially took off at 810 am.

I was so sorry to learn about the difficulties you had getting to the World :(

Also bummed out that we didn't have a chance to meet, but totally understandable as I'm sure you had some catch-up to do

:hug:

I will be back at the Beach Club staying Club Level from Sept 17-24. So excited!!!!

My sister's family and I will also be doing a Poly/Beach Club split stay next spring (over Spring Break) from March 19th through March 26th. We are pretty sad as my niece is now in high school and very active in sports so this may be the last family Disney trip for a while. :sad2:

:welcome: back. And back!

I'll add your trips to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

I have a couple of questions for our trip in March. My mom will be turning 60 in March (not during our trip but we will still be celebrating it :bday:). Do they offer anything that I can order to be delivered to her room....champagne, wine, strawberries type stuff (we are staying at BC)? We are also planning on doing an illumination cruise one night. Can we bring our own bottle of wine or champagne or do we need to order through the hotel? Can we order a cake or cupcakes for the cruise? Since it is a big birthday and we won't get to spend her actual birthday with her, I want to do a few special things for her during our trip :love:

I haven't done an Illuminations Cruise, but I have a couple of reviews of them on Page 1 (Post 5, amenities, I think). They may describe what you can do for food and drink. Pretty sure snacks, like chips and probably soft drinks are provided and if I am remembering correctly, you can BYO food on board. Can't remember about adult beverages. Check the reviews.

:thumbsup2

Just back from Greece and you would not believe who I met!!!!!

I missed this when you originally posted because it was my travel day. Love it! One of my favorite photos on this thread remains the picture of you on your wedding day.

:goodvibes

image.jpg

The day is finally here, we are driving to Disney as we speak :yay: We live in Boca Raton so we have a few hours to go. I have been checking MDE after seeing everyone's room upgrades and just noticed a change. Mine is confusing though, not very clear! Any ideas? Up until early this morning it said "Standard View"

Either way, I will just be happy to be back HOME!! :love:

View attachment 121540

The day is finally here, we are driving to Disney as we speak :yay: We live in Boca Raton so we have a few hours to go. I have been checking MDE after seeing everyone's room upgrades and just noticed a change. Mine is confusing though, not very clear! Any ideas? Up until early this morning it said "Standard View"

Either way, I will just be happy to be back HOME!! :love:

Looks like a Special Accessibility room?

page 211-215

Just 20 more pages to go.

Not sure if it was reported already, but BC refurbed rooms on the first floor by the Epcot walkway are open to guests now! We're on second floor, and finally see some guests in those rooms:)

Thanks for that report!

Hope you had a fantastic stay!

:woohoo:

Just remember to use up all of that extra energy walking everywhere! Don't get into a sugar coma: use the energy to bounce off of the walls! Think Tigger rather than Eeyore. ;)

Love this!

:rotfl:
@hamilkm :welcome: Not sure about distilled water at BC marketplace. I'll check on Sunday. I have heard you can order from turner drug for $7.50 fee. Check info in post 1 and call them if this is a good option

So I kind of failed on my missions...

Although I did ask at Fittings & Fairing if they carried cases of water and what the price was, the answer I received "Yes, small bottles. $7 I think" was not definitive enough for my liking and I never had the chance to ask at the Marketplace.

They do not have price tags on a lot of their items, which is pretty annoying, especially if you are on a fact-finding expedition.

I saw gallons of Zephyrhills Water, which I think is spring water/not distilled, but no price.

DSCF9358.JPG

Instead of a midnight fire drill it will probably turn into a hurricane party. ;)

No midnight fire drills this year, but there were some late night antics. I slept through them, though...

Hi Everyone,
We are just back from the Beach Club, so I wanted to give you a mini-report about our stay

Great review! Sounds like a wicked awesome room! Once again, I would like permission to post a link to the Trip Report section of this thread.

Last edited:
No upgrade here, no full balcony, which was requested. Booked Std. View, got Std. View overlooking front entrance; extremely noisy. I hope that I won't be hearing the ME all night long. I can hear every word said out front, as well as noisy vehicles. I think I need to forget Std. View next time. Only other option given was a room very far from elevator.

I was told that room requests given to TA not showing in system. Told to contact the resort directly next time for room requests.

Ahhh... another friend just decided to join us, and we go 3 weeks from today! We are doing some shuffling between our 3 rooms, but we will make it work! Now up to 14 people!!! Can't wait.

No upgrade here, no full balcony, which was requested. Booked Std. View, got Std. View overlooking front entrance; extremely noisy. I hope that I won't be hearing the ME all night long. I can hear every word said out front, as well as noisy vehicles. I think I need to forget Std. View next time. Only other option given was a room very far from elevator.

I was told that room requests given to TA not showing in system. Told to contact the resort directly next time for room requests.

I was told to call BC a few days before check-in for our room request, and when I did, the CM was very nice and actually said she blocked off a room that met our request (didn't give us the specific room #.) I also do in-person check-in each time so the room can be discussed before we are actually checked in. Hope you have better luck next time!

We did, thank you! Battling the post-Disney blues right now, lol. We booked bounce-back for next August so that helps! When will the August 2016 thread begin??

This is the thread that you want and where you should hang out to get excited about your trip!

The dates I have listed in the title are just to help me keep track of the activity and when the thread started and closed. Under the prior DIS server, threads were closed when they reached jumbo status- 250 pages, so I had to restart this active forum frequently, every 4-5 months. I have just been informed by a moderator that there is no longer a limit on the number of pages a thread can have. But just in case, I will probably restart a new thread somewhere down the line. You'll know.

On Page 1, Post 15, the Be Our Guest list, we have guests listed with vacations as far out as 2017.

I'll add you to the August 2016 list.

Dee

I was told to call BC a few days before check-in for our room request, and when I did, the CM was very nice and actually said she blocked off a room that met our request (didn't give us the specific room #.) I also do in-person check-in each time so the room can be discussed before we are actually checked in. Hope you have better luck next time!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I was told that since rez was thru TA, only she could make requests. I did online check-in, but the outdoor CM walked me to front desk.
To top things off, I just turned on the ceiling fan, and it sounds like a percussion concert. Maybe this trip was not meant to be.

Sorry to hear that some of the features of your room are not ideal. Especially the balcony. I really wish the designers of the resort had thought the layout better.

CAN you contact the resort directly about room requests if you book through a TA? I know the folks at the Central Reservations Office won't talk to you or take your requests if you book through a third party.

Hope you have a decent stay. I'll be interested in hearing about crowd levels at the resorts and parks. They were very low this past week, I wonder if the Labor Day weekend will have an impact. My kids schools started before Labor Day for the first time in many years.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was told that since rez was thru TA, only she could make requests. I did online check-in, but the outdoor CM walked me to front desk.
To top things off, I just turned on the ceiling fan, and it sounds like a percussion concert. Maybe this trip was not meant to be.
Go down to the front desk and see if they can move you. It would be so sad to start your vacation on an unhappy note!

Go down to the front desk and see if they can move you. It would be so sad to start your vacation on an unhappy note!
When I checked in, this was the better of two rooms available.
Now, there is a torrential downpour, and I have Rez for dinner at Epcot. I was told that if I don't. Show, there is a cancellation fee. I will not walk in a thunderstorm to Epcot.
Dee, the crowds do seem lighter than usual. Some attractions at DHS had 30 minute standby wait this afternoon.
I will give better report tomorrow.

Oooh...there are big thunder claps...glad I am in the room.

Last edited:
When I checked in, this was the better of two rooms available.
Now, there is a torrential downpour, and I have Rez for dinner at Epcot. I was told that if I don't. Show, there is a cancellation fee. I will not walk in a thunderstorm to Epcot.

Dee, the crowds do seem lighter than usual. Some attractions at DHS had 30 minute standby wait this afternoon.
I will give better report tomorrow.

Oooh...there are big thunder claps...glad I am in the room,

If you can't make it, call the restaurant directly.

If it is not safe or comfortable, don't go.

This is the thread that you want and where you should hang out to get excited about your trip!

The dates I have listed in the title are just to help me keep track of the activity and when the thread started and closed. Under the prior DIS server, threads were closed when they reached jumbo status- 250 pages, so I had to restart this active forum frequently, every 4-5 months. I have just been informed by a moderator that there is no longer a limit on the number of pages a thread can have. But just in case, I will probably restart a new thread somewhere down the line. You'll know.

On Page 1, Post 15, the Be Our Guest list, we have guests listed with vacations as far out as 2017.

I'll add you to the August 2016 list.

Dee

Oh, I see! Thank you for adding us:) It seems so far away right now, and it's not even the dead of winter yet! Then it will seem like a dream, lol. Thank you so much for the great thread, I've never seen so much useful info in one place, it's wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter