• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the views you can get with YC GV are the wedding gazebo view and the courtyard view of the back entrance (lakeside) of the YC. I'm not sure if there are any other YC GV rooms elsewhere in the resort.

The back entrance courtyard GV rooms may have some peek-a-boo glimpses of the lake or BW, but I'm not positive. I'm not sure that there are any YC GV rooms that have a view of EP.

Thanks! I'll send in a fax request for the back entrance once we get closer to our date!

I'm not positive, but I thought there was a Hot Chocolate machine where the coffee / fountain drink machines are??

We didn't drink any, so I may be totally crazy................(don't answer that!)

Yes, definitely a hot chocolate machine at the Marketplace.

I'm not positive, but I thought there was a Hot Chocolate machine where the coffee / fountain drink machines are??

We didn't drink any, so I may be totally crazy................(don't answer that!)

That was my assumption. I'll probably just go ahead and pack some just in case. I would rather have it and not need it and need it and not have it. Luckily, we're driving so it's no biggie just to go ahead and bring it. He is so obsessed about making sure he can get hot chocolate, that if he can't get it at the Beach Club, he would rather move to the Pop Century.:scared1: Ummm, no, mommy can just pack some and we'll make it in the room.

As our Beach Club trip is coming closer (19 days, yeah!), our son has now declared he only wants to be a lifeguard, not a pirate, so the "Letters of Marque" and "build your own costume" projects are likely on hold. Oh well, I guess it was probably more for me anyway. But he is definitely looking forward to that zero entry sand-bottom pool - do toddlers need "swim shoes" for that (to avoid scraped soles)? Also, our guy prefers the "floating barbells" rather than noodles - do they sell those at Stormalong Bay, or just the noodles? (and I have heard recent rumors about demise of noodle sales, but that may have been incorrect info).

Thanks! I'll send in a fax request for the back entrance once we get closer to our date!

The most effective way to make a room request is to have it listed in your reservation notes- we have been told that the room assigners pay attention to that and may not receive the faxes sent in.

If you made the reservation yourself, call the Disney Central Reservation Number and make sure your request is listed. If you have used a travel agency, let them know what your request is and have that added to your reservation.

You can do this anytime. I usually make my room request ("Full balcony, please") when I make my reservation, and then follow-up about 10 days to 1 week before the trip to make sure it is still listed.

Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!! :goodvibes

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

Oh! And we were Family of the Day! :banana:

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!

Thank you so much for the pictures of the shower!!!! Have a great trip!

I joined this thread to learn about the BC and I was super impressed with how friendly everyone was and what a positive experience everyone was having. Lately it has become very negative about school districts. Not all of us educators are out to get people. Most of us are there because we love kids.

Now, can we resume BC/YC info and stories? Thank you.

Sorry if you're offended by our experiences. The decision on whether or not a child will miss some school days is part of vacation planning, and quite a few of us have had negative responses from school districts or have reason to expect a negative response. It's helpful to be able to share these experiences. Nobody said any teacher was out to "get" anyone.

Thanks for the information. This is always a "must have" for my DH so I guess that will be our daily quest. Is a frappacino something that they serve on site (BC) anywhere??? I think I read that the MK Starbucks won't open until after our trip. They opened at full Starbucks at California Adventure last June. It is has the regular Starbucks menu and is very popular with the guests. They are in the process of converting a shop on Main Street in Disneyland to a Starbucks, too.

Jan

I am not sure if these would meet your Frappacino needs (not a coffee drinker) but I was thinking about your question and thought of these locations ...

MK --
Iced Coffee Float - French Vanilla, Mocha or Latte $4.49
@ Auntie Gravity's, Cheshire Cafe (was Enchanted Grove), Friar's Nook

Epcot --
Cappucino Glace - iced cappuccino $4.25
@ Boulangerie Patisserie France

Flavored Latte (hot or iced vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, or Irish Cream) $5.39
@ Espresso Coffee & Pastries between UK & Canada (not too far from BC), between USA & Italy, between Mexico & World Showcase entrance

Cafe Latte - iced or hot & Cappuccino - iced or hot $3.99
@ Morocco Coffee & Pastries

Iced Latte & Iced Cappuccino (french vanilla) & Iced Mocha $3.99
@ Refreshment Port

DHS --
Smoothies (made with non-fat yogurt) - Cappuccino $4.19
@ KRNR by Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Coffee or Iced Coffee (Regular or Decaf) $2.19
@ Min & Bill's Dockside Diner & Starring Rolls

Iced Cappuccino / Iced Latte $3.39 or Iced Mochaccino / Iced Mocha Latte $3.99
@ Writer's Stop

AK --
Frozen Cappuccino $5.39
@ Espresso, Coffee & Pasty at AK entrance, Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Island Cappuccino with white chocolate & Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum $6.75
@ Isle of Java

Iced Coffee French Vanilla or Mocha $3.99
@ Isle of Java, Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery

Flavored Latte (Hot or Iced) $5.39
@ Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Hot or Iced Coffee $3.39

Iced Beverages Espresso, French Vanilla or Mocha $4.75
@ Yak & Yeti Quality Beverages

As our Beach Club trip is coming closer (19 days, yeah!), our son has now declared he only wants to be a lifeguard, not a pirate, so the "Letters of Marque" and "build your own costume" projects are likely on hold. Oh well, I guess it was probably more for me anyway. But he is definitely looking forward to that zero entry sand-bottom pool - do toddlers need "swim shoes" for that (to avoid scraped soles)? Also, our guy prefers the "floating barbells" rather than noodles - do they sell those at Stormalong Bay, or just the noodles? (and I have heard recent rumors about demise of noodle sales, but that may have been incorrect info).

No swim shoes required. It is actually a soft, silica-like sand which is great because it doesn't stick to their bodies the way regular sand does nor does it get hot to walk on -- the concrete walkways do however!

It is still possible to get scrapes in the pool, but that would be more from scraping the side or bottom of the pool itself the same as any pool.

No swim shoes required. It is actually a soft, silica-like sand which is great because it doesn't stick to their bodies the way regular sand does nor does it get hot to walk on -- the concrete walkways do however!

It is still possible to get scrapes in the pool, but that would be more from scraping the side or bottom of the pool itself the same as any pool.

Do you think it would be worth it to wear swim shoes to keep your feet from burning as you walk around the SAB area? We are going in September and I was originally think of us just talking to SAB from our room in flip flops and stick them in a locker, with our towels. If we were going to be in a pool, like at the Pop Century, where we wouldn't be getting out of the pool once we got in, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm just worried about the walkways around SAB being really hot that time of year.

so... 90 days to go to our first visit to Beach Club. I've only gone for a standard rooms - there are 8 of us in 2 rooms - are there any particular rooms you can request? i.e. room numbers - I'm hoping for a full balcony, but not sure if you can ask for particular rooms in the resort when checking in?

Two of the views you can get with YC GV are the wedding gazebo view and the courtyard view of the back entrance (lakeside) of the YC. I'm not sure if there are any other YC GV rooms elsewhere in the resort.

The back entrance courtyard GV rooms may have some peek-a-boo glimpses of the lake or BW, but I'm not positive. I'm not sure that there are any YC GV rooms that have a view of EP.

There are some GV rooms on the quiet pool side near the tennis courts too.

Yes, this is sooo true!!! Make sure that your little ones have some type of shoe when walking on the concrete!! I couldn't believe how hot it was.

Love the sand there :thumbsup2

Do you think it would be worth it to wear swim shoes to keep your feet from burning as you walk around the SAB area? We are going in September and I was originally think of us just talking to SAB from our room in flip flops and stick them in a locker, with our towels. If we were going to be in a pool, like at the Pop Century, where we wouldn't be getting out of the pool once we got in, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm just worried about the walkways around SAB being really hot that time of year.

SAB is such a Large area, walking from your chair, to different areas of the pool, to getting a sunken treasure at HH's.............it gets very hot!!

I'm from Louisiana, where our concrete is always hot ;), but this seemed worse. I had to have a couple of drinks Just to cool me off :rotfl2:

I would keep the flip flops on and just leave them on a chair with towels.

SAB is such a Large area, walking from your chair, to different areas of the pool, to getting a sunken treasure at HH's.............it gets very hot!!

I'm from Louisiana, where our concrete is always hot ;), but this seemed worse. I had to have a couple of drinks Just to cool me off :rotfl2:

I would keep the flip flops on and just leave them on a chair with towels.

oh, I've already the DH that I will require at least one Pina CoLAVA on of pool to help with the FL September heat. :lmao:

My main concern is our youngest DS. He has mild Autism Spectrum Disorder and I'm trying to solve anything that I can foresee him having a meltdown over before we go. I'll just need to buy better swim shoes than we did last time. For our June trip this last year, I just bought whatever the cheapest swim shoes I found at Wal Mart. The soles came out, and then wouldn't go back in properly. As you were walking, the soles would bunch up and the shoes were very uncomfortable to wear without the soles. This caused a couple of meltdowns on that trip. I'll just have to do some research and find some better ones.

Good morning everyone, 17 days until we enjoy BC for the first time. I have a question for anyone who has requested a pack n play. Is it really a pack n play or a crib? I noticed in a picture the crib and wondered if that is what we would get.

We have always received an actual pack n play when we have requested one.

When you have a moment, please check the Be Our Guest list to make sure I have your information listed correctly.

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Thanks for doing all of this and all of the info you and the others provide.

Are you doing the NE Dis-meet for GKTW at the end of June?

I am not sure if these would meet your Frappacino needs (not a coffee drinker) but I was thinking about your question and thought of these locations ...

MK --
Iced Coffee Float - French Vanilla, Mocha or Latte $4.49
@ Auntie Gravity's, Cheshire Cafe (was Enchanted Grove), Friar's Nook

Epcot --
Cappucino Glace - iced cappuccino $4.25
@ Boulangerie Patisserie France

Flavored Latte (hot or iced vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, or Irish Cream) $5.39
@ Espresso Coffee & Pastries between UK & Canada (not too far from BC), between USA & Italy, between Mexico & World Showcase entrance

Cafe Latte - iced or hot & Cappuccino - iced or hot $3.99
@ Morocco Coffee & Pastries

Iced Latte & Iced Cappuccino (french vanilla) & Iced Mocha $3.99
@ Refreshment Port

DHS --
Smoothies (made with non-fat yogurt) - Cappuccino $4.19
@ KRNR by Rock'n'Roller Coaster

Coffee or Iced Coffee (Regular or Decaf) $2.19
@ Min & Bill's Dockside Diner & Starring Rolls

Iced Cappuccino / Iced Latte $3.39 or Iced Mochaccino / Iced Mocha Latte $3.99
@ Writer's Stop

AK --
Frozen Cappuccino $5.39
@ Espresso, Coffee & Pasty at AK entrance, Royal Anandapur Tea Co.

Island Cappuccino with white chocolate & Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum $6.75
@ Isle of Java

Iced Coffee French Vanilla or Mocha $3.99
@ Isle of Java, Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery

Flavored Latte (Hot or Iced) $5.39

Hot or Iced Coffee $3.39

Iced Beverages Espresso, French Vanilla or Mocha $4.75
@ Yak & Yeti Quality Beverages

Thank you for that list...awesome. Not sure if these locations will have what he is looking for. Our best bet looks like AK at the Royal Anandapur tea company (frozen cappuccino).A Frappe (Frappacino) is more like coffee / mocha slush. It is not the same as an Iced Coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker either, but I have to say I love those mocha frappacinos. Hopefully we will be able to find one. I will report back.

Jan

Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!! :goodvibes

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

8c06ee0a7f740a3e8f89da2d04922cac_zpsa620a36b.jpg
f92c3050ad77a96316d2e1959fc0adbd_zps5f7b9600.jpg

Oh! And we were Family of the Day! :banana:

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

afeb85008d70e2db40c6569ec96d245e_zps666ea100.jpg

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!

Oh Mousemommy1...what an awesome view! I think you were definitely given a water view. From what I know of the CL GV rooms at YC there are 4 that face the wedding gazebo, and 1 that has a king bed facing the lake-side entrance. And, it doesn't look you have any of those 5, so ...Yay for you!!

And, BTW, I think I saw you in the club lounge on Friday! I recognized you from your pictures. I was sitting in the lounge with my husband, and I saw you and your husband getting your food. I said, "There's Mousemommy1, there's Mousemommy1!", at which point my husband thought I had turned into some kind of loon. But, then I told him that I recognized you from this thread and that when you sat down I was going to say hi. But, then, I looked up and you were gone! I snuck out into the hallway to see where you had gone...and I saw that you were taking your food back to your room. I just missed you before you closed your door :confused3 And, I didn't want to knock on your door in case it wasn't you after all...boy that would have been awkward!

So, anyway, I think it was you...and based on the room view pics you posted I think it was, because that's about where I thought your room was!

So, hello from afar! :wave2:Hope you are having a great time and enjoy that view!!!

And, you beat me in posting those shower head pics. Now, what am I going to do with 5 close-up pics of a shower head?? :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter