2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello BC/YC Lovers!!!!!

Just popping in from our wonderful room at YC!!! :goodvibes

I plan on doing a trip report when I'm back, but since we still have 7 days left I wanted to do a quickie update.

Our room is very nice! We booked SV CL and I'm not sure if what we ended up with is just a really good GV or in fact a water view but it's beautiful!!!

Here's our view:

8c06ee0a7f740a3e8f89da2d04922cac_zpsa620a36b.jpg
f92c3050ad77a96316d2e1959fc0adbd_zps5f7b9600.jpg

Oh! And we were Family of the Day! :banana:

And....the shower heads look like this...(for the PP who asked)

afeb85008d70e2db40c6569ec96d245e_zps666ea100.jpg

And the beers in the CL lounge are Heineken, Bud Light, Sam Summer, and Yeungling.

We do think the YC is a beautiful resort!!

More to come later!
:cool1: sounds like a great trip so far! Love that view.

Just back from a week at YC, and it was wonderful! We booked garden view, and our room overlooked the walkway from the back of the lobby. So, we ended up having a lovely view of SAB in front and the boat launch down to the right. The balcony was a great place to watch the fireworks portion of Illuminations. We ate at B&C (the No Way Jose was well worth the calories!), Hurricane Hanna's, and Cape May for breakfast- the characters were great, and the food was very good. We only made it to SAB one afternoon, but the kids loved it. We also stumbled upon the campfire and roasted marshmallows one night (someone asked about the time, I think it was about 6:30). Hopefully I can find time to post a trip report, but it may be awhile- reality is setting in hard now that we're back. Oh well, guess that means I need to plan the next trip!
Sounds great! Can't wait for our Aug Trip to YC. Hope I get a room upgrade :rotfl:

I had a dream the other night that we were upgraded in a big way...
When we did WL 2 years ago we were upgraded from a standard view room to a courtyard view overlooking the pool.

In my dream we were upgraded to CL....very weird
:rotfl: I have those dreams too ::yes:: you just never know if or when that pixiedust: may happen!

On our last morning in September 2012 they asked us if we wanted to be family of the day. It was in the morning and they said they would drive us where we wanted to go! It was pretty cool.

Hi all you YC/BC fans! Ok heres the question...

I currently have a DVC ressie for Sept 2013.. I am bringing DH for the first time to Disney and staying at BC! I have been thinking lately to possibly change to YC or BC CL (not DVC) as I want to WOW him with Disney!! I figured I would check out what the bounce back is when I am staying at BLT this week... if the deal is good and available I would book room only... PROBLEM is IF I do this the points that I used for the Sept ressie would need to be used by 9/30/13... I can't fit another trip in before then.. so I would have to rent the reservation that I have on points, I've never done that before... anyone here DVC that has rented a reservation before?? I checked out the rent dvc points thread and it looks easy enough, but thought I'd ask fellow BC/YC DVC owners on here if they have experience.

So what would you do if you had this decision to make?!?!

Thanks for your advice!!
~Nannette

Sounds like you've made up your mind about CL :rolleyes1 but be careful with renting or selling your points. It's too bad you can't go thru David's. as mentioned, there is a bit of trust both ways in these transactions. Best of luck that you can get it done easily. And safely. CL certainly will wow him :upsidedow

Mousemommy- we were staying very near where you are! We were on the 3rd floor, just a little further down. Beautiful, isn't it?!

Soooo pretty!!! :goodvibes

Oh Mousemommy1...what an awesome view! I think you were definitely given a water view. From what I know of the CL GV rooms at YC there are 4 that face the wedding gazebo, and 1 that has a king bed facing the lake-side entrance. And, it doesn't look you have any of those 5, so ...Yay for you!!

And, BTW, I think I saw you in the club lounge on Friday! I recognized you from your pictures. I was sitting in the lounge with my husband, and I saw you and your husband getting your food. I said, "There's Mousemommy1, there's Mousemommy1!", at which point my husband thought I had turned into some kind of loon. But, then I told him that I recognized you from this thread and that when you sat down I was going to say hi. But, then, I looked up and you were gone! I snuck out into the hallway to see where you had gone...and I saw that you were taking your food back to your room. I just missed you before you closed your door :confused3 And, I didn't want to knock on your door in case it wasn't you after all...boy that would have been awkward!

So, anyway, I think it was you...and based on the room view pics you posted I think it was, because that's about where I thought your room was!

So, hello from afar! :wave2:Hope you are having a great time and enjoy that view!!!

And, you beat me in posting those shower head pics. Now, what am I going to do with 5 close-up pics of a shower head?? :rotfl2:

Awwwww!!! Yeah, I was probably making a quick escape before my kids could knock a plate out of someone's hands!! :rotfl2:

Oh, and I happened to log onto MDE today and it confirmed that we are in a lagoon View room!! Hooray for pixie dust!!! :hyper:

Are you home now?? If so, hope you had a fantastic trip!!!

Hi Jonathan-

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August.

:cool1:

The answers to your questions depend a lot on what is important for your family.

As far as a room request- one thing that is important to know is that not all rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies. About 50% of the rooms have standing only balconies- so if this is important to you, make sure you add this request to your reservation.

As far as a room location- do you want to be close to the lobby/transportation/pool? Would you prefer to be closer to EPCOT? First floor or something higher? These are all personal preferences that can differ for each person.

Same on the upgrade to waterview. Do you spend a lot of time in your room or are you mostly at the parks? For me, the view from the room is not all that important, so I wouldn't do the upgrade. There are others here who have different opinions.

I am providing the links to a couple of posts on Page 1. This may be helpful as you are making decisions. There are further links that give some examples of the views from the different room categories.

Hope this helps!

Dee

I have a 14 year old daughter and a 12 year old son, we go to the parks early, and are usually back at the hotel mid afternoon for a swim, before heading into the parks again in the evening for dinner.

As such we don't spend a lot of time in the room.

I booked BC for its access to Epcot; how far a walk is SAB / Lobby / Transportation from a room at the Epcot end?

And yes i will be requesting a full balcony, as am used to one having had one before at the WL.

Any further tips / advice greatfully received.

Jonathan.

1coolnini said:
Not really a "resort" question, but since you guys know everything......Where in the World can you get frappacino's? My husband likes to get them everyday we are on vacation. I know where you can get them at Disneyland and California Adventure but where can we get them at WDW?

Jan

Regarding frappuccinos, I may have missed these suggestions, but here are some-

1) the "Java Bar" at the Swan - this is just the "lower" or "back" entrance/lobby near the epcot boat dock. I have seen frappuccinos on menu periodically - usually at breakfast time (loosely defined), but sometimes other times. It might be worth a call if important to you.

2). Kiosks/stands in epcot - I have sometimes (but not always) seen them (or heard from others) about them being available at stands near universe of energy (sometimes closer to mexico) as well as outside gates toward monorail (never actually see that one b/c we are usually rushing to/from monorail).

3) new starbucks - as Dee suggested, both mk (main st bakery) and epcot (FOUNTAIN VIEW CAFE) are having starbucks drinks available as of "mid summer", so you may be in luck, depending on your travel times and disney/starbucks construction delays.

4) if all else fails, beaches and cream - their mocha milkshake is actually a somewhat similar taste (actually a bit smoother due to ice cream) - and the nutritional content is actually probably similar. If you really wanted, you could also stir in some extra coffee.

I have a 14 year old daughter and a 12 year old son, we go to the parks early, and are usually back at the hotel mid afternoon for a swim, before heading into the parks again in the evening for dinner.

As such we don't spend a lot of time in the room.

I booked BC for its access to Epcot; how far a walk is SAB / Lobby / Transportation from a room at the Epcot end?

And yes i will be requesting a full balcony, as am used to one having had one before at the WL.

Any further tips / advice greatfully received.

Jonathan.

It is less than a 5 minute walk from the EPCOT end of the resort. Beach Club resort has some long hallways, but not terribly long compared to some other Disney Resorts. You will be amazed at how quickly you can get from one are of the resort to another. And walk to Epcot is wonderfu!

Also, your kids are old enough that you may want to walk to DHS as well.

Soooo pretty!!! :goodvibes

Awwwww!!! Yeah, I was probably making a quick escape before my kids could knock a plate out of someone's hands!! :rotfl2:

Oh, and I happened to log onto MDE today and it confirmed that we are in a lagoon View room!! Hooray for pixie dust!!! :hyper:

Are you home now?? If so, hope you had a fantastic trip!!!

Yup, home now. We got home Saturday. In fact, in about 1 hour I will be heading back to work for the first time since vacation.

Haven't even had time to download my pics yet, but as soon as I do I will post some here~

Enjoy your vacation...we will be living vicariously through you!

Does BC have lots of exit doors to use or do you have to walk to the main lobby area to get out? For example, if we had a room by the volleyball court, are there exits in that area or do you have to walk inside to the main entrances? I know it sounds like a silly question, but we've always stayed at the mods, so not sure what the set up is like here

Thanks!!!!!!

Morning everyone!!! Sure has been quiet here lately??

Dee: have you gotten any updates from Teena??? I am sure her and Bob are having a fabulous time :cool1:

Just in case anyone is interested-------see below------ My Ticker doesn't say 3 months anymore :cheer2::cheer2:

Regarding frappuccinos, I may have missed these suggestions, but here are some-

1) the "Java Bar" at the Swan - this is just the "lower" or "back" entrance/lobby near the epcot boat dock. I have seen frappuccinos on menu periodically - usually at breakfast time (loosely defined), but sometimes other times. It might be worth a call if important to you.

2). Kiosks/stands in epcot - I have sometimes (but not always) seen them (or heard from others) about them being available at stands near universe of energy (sometimes closer to mexico) as well as outside gates toward monorail (never actually see that one b/c we are usually rushing to/from monorail).

3) new starbucks - as Dee suggested, both mk (main st bakery) and epcot (FOUNTAIN VIEW CAFE) are having starbucks drinks available as of "mid summer", so you may be in luck, depending on your travel times and disney/starbucks construction delays.

4) if all else fails, beaches and cream - their mocha milkshake is actually a somewhat similar taste (actually a bit smoother due to ice cream) - and the nutritional content is actually probably similar. If you really wanted, you could also stir in some extra coffee.

Thank you.

We travel mid May, so Starbucks will probably be out for us. Thanks for mentioning the Java Bar at Swan. Sounds like that may be our daily stop since it is "next door".

I so appreciate everyone's input. See....I knew that y'all knew everything!

Jan

Does BC have lots of exit doors to use or do you have to walk to the main lobby area to get out? For example, if we had a room by the volleyball court, are there exits in that area or do you have to walk inside to the main entrances? I know it sounds like a silly question, but we've always stayed at the mods, so not sure what the set up is like here

Thanks!!!!!!

BC has lots of exit doors including the door by room 1501 which is about as close to Epcot as you can get. :)

Leave tomorrow to visit my daughter and her family in California. We come home on May 1st and leave for the Yacht Club on May 14th!!!!! Cannot wait to see my boys, but I am soooo looking forward to our trip to the YC. We are home for just 3 weeks after our trip when we go back to California for my first trip to Disneyland! Got to love when your grandchildren pick a Disney trip for their birthday present. All 5 of my grandchildren take after their grandmother and LOVE anything Disney.

just got back. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole trip was amazing. Beach Club is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and relaxing. The people there are all so nice. The pool was soooooooooo beautiful and relaxing. OMG- just one of the most relaxing and beautiful places I have ever been too. I am from New England and we love Cape Cod - so combining Disney and a New England seaside resort was just the perfect match for us.

Now how will we stay anywhere else?

just got back. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole trip was amazing. Beach Club is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful and relaxing. The people there are all so nice. The pool was soooooooooo beautiful and relaxing. OMG- just one of the most relaxing and beautiful places I have ever been too. I am from New England and we love Cape Cod - so combining Disney and a New England seaside resort was just the perfect match for us.

Now how will we stay anywhere else?

I see you caught the BC bug?? There are no cures, the only remedy is to start planning your next trip :rotfl2:

Glad the trip was a success!!

Morning everyone!!! Sure has been quiet here lately??

Dee: have you gotten any updates from Teena??? I am sure her and Bob are having a fabulous time :cool1:

Just in case anyone is interested-------see below------ My Ticker doesn't say 3 months anymore :cheer2::cheer2:

Yes, I have. They are in St. Thomas today. They went out this morning to replenish Bob's supply of vodka. Mission accomplished, they headed back to a quiet boat and uncrowded pool and are now at lunch. So happy for them!

Thanks!!!!!!

BC has lots of exit doors including the door by room 1501 which is about as close to Epcot as you can get. :)

Here is the post from Page 1, describing the exit near Room 1501:

Step-Saving Super Secret Entrance to the Beach Club

There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501.

This was really handy for us a couple of times this summer when it was wicked hot and when it had just started pouring.

You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.

Here are photos of the exit door near room 1501, the pathway and the gate to the "secret entrance"

insidedoor1501exit-1-1.jpg
externaldoorto1501entrance-1-1.jpg
PathwayfromEpcotendto1501entrance-1-1.jpg

Epcotendentranceto1501door-1-2.jpg

Yes, I have. They are in St. Thomas today. They went out this morning to replenish Bob's supply of vodka. Mission accomplished, they headed back to a quiet boat and uncrowded pool and are now at lunch. So happy for them!

I was hoping he would forget to purchase the Vodka.......and they would have to book another trip ASAP ;)

I bet St. Thomas must be a beautiful sight!!!

Will a YC room card get you through the BC secret entrance?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter