• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the offer. These are the things on my "wish list". Others may be getting pictures or answers for these, so only check on these if it is convenient for you.

Marketplace- can the flatbreads be prepared without sauce?

Marketplace- price check on Oreo Bon-Bons- are they a snack credit?

I think someone asked if the bakery items at the Marketplace can be used for a dessert with a CS meal credit.

Pictures-

Ice Tea Dispenser for refill mugs- are these available at all refill locations (Marketplace, Beaches & Cream, Hurricane Hanna's and Ale & Compass)

Pictures (including prices) of Pick a Pearl and Hair Wrapping booths around the Yacht & Beach Club

Picture of Martha's Vineyard food menu.

Thanks!

Dee

OK... here is what I remember. I am not a "prepared" iced tea drinker - I am pretty picky - but I do remember the dispensers at the Marketplace. Can't recall if they are at HH.

We weren't on the dining plan, so I don't know about the bakery items. Though, I do recall one family using their snack credits for them.

The hair wrap was $2 per inch - But someone may want to fact check me on that one.

Hope that helps a little.
:lovestruc

Ok, it's official - we're booked for YC, Nov 10-16!!

We're doing a lagoon view/pool view room. It will be me, DH, and DD (26 months at the time) -- I'd love a king bed with daybed combo ideally (and do bed rails on the daybed) - are there king rooms like this? I've seen a few pics, but haven't been able to find more details.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions - esp about room requests as we get closer.

We land Sunday morning at 10am at MCO - but won't do a park until Monday....we're really excited to have an almost full day to enjoy the resort and maybe visit DTD (if it isn't too much of pain to get there).

Now, I just need to start thinking about ressies!! (And try to keep my mind off being at YC with a drink by the pool!).

Pictures (including prices) of Pick a Pearl and Hair Wrapping booths around the Yacht & Beach Club

The hair wrap was $2 per inch - But someone may want to fact check me on that one.

I think I have photos. Will try to check and upload later. My daughter did the hair wrap, and yes, it was $2 per inch. But I guess she also added some beads, so it was more. I might have the details in the photos.

elmpark said:
Thanks very much for your help - much appreciated - will either go for fish and chips (we have length of stay passes) or travel to dtd - I heard wolfgang puck counter service is good? and the raglan road takeaway too perhaps?

Dolphin hotel also has 24 hour counter service at Picabu - obviously not on Disney dining plan, but if paying out-of-pocket, clearly closer than downtown Disney (pmaybe even closer than Epcot, although obviously Epcot has more character and we love Morocco food - I love the fish and chips also at England but wife not a fan of fried food)

Seriously? Do they at least perform in class? Or, what exactly do they do?

they put on a few skits for class grades, last year they made puppets (clothes and all) for a "puppet show". Needless to say DD's were all Disney princesses.

She keeps taking the class hoping that one year a new teacher will come in and let them actually Perform :) After all her dream is to be the next Belle at WDW

24 hours from now we will be on our way to 9 nights at the BC.:goodvibes It seems like it has taken years to get to this point and now it seems like things are happening too fast. I'm trying to make sure I don't forget anything and before we leave for what I am sure will be a wonderful trip I wanted to make sure to thank the people who helped make our vacation great.

Thank you everyone who took the time to answer all of the questions I have had. I feel like I have learned so much in the last year it amazes me. This thread has been one of the most educational and fun threads I have found on the Disboards. I want to say a special thanks to Natebenma, your work on this thread has helped me to make this vacation the best I can for my family.:thumbsup2

Have a Wonderful Vacation!!!!pixiedust:

Bus service at BCR had it's ups and downs, but I will say that our trip to & from Downtown Disney was one of the better commutes. The key factor was that the water parks were already closed for the day, so that was one big stop taken off the route.

The trip took exactly 20 minutes each way. On the way to DTD we only stopped at the BWI. On the way home, it stopped at the Dolphin, Swan & YCR before the BCR stop. I was dreading that bus trip, but it was quite smooth.

Now... don't even get me started on the AK bus route, but that story is for another day. lol

Morning friends! Still waiting to book our room until the 2014 prices come out in a couple months but my sister finally agreed to stay at Beach or Yacht Club! Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed for availability on our dates.

Even though I am at work, when I stepped out of my house this morning it felt like one of those Disney mornings. You know the kind- clear blue sky, sun shining, cool and breezy but not cold and fresh air. If I closed my eyes it was almost like I had stepped out of my resort room and was on my way out to the park. Now if only my bus today had taken me to EPCOT instead of school.

Have a great day everybody!

Happy Easter Everyone!

We are getting very excited about our upcoming trip...just 1 week and 6 days until we are in Disney! :cool1:

We are currently booked YC CL GV. This is a reservation we've had since August, and we are super excited!! But, since this morning, I've also been a little confused...and here's why...

My husband mentioned that there is a pretty good CM discount being offered for the week we are there, on a select few resorts. He found out that for a few hundred dollars more for the week we can get a Garden Suite at the BWI, which also has CL access.

So, I'm just not sure what to do. I know nothing about the BWI. We've never stayed there and I don't know much about the Garden Suites. However, it sounds like they would give us a little more room, which would be nice with a 10 year old and a 13 year old.

I would be sad to say goodbye to SAB though...

You may wonder why I'm asking a group of BC / YC fans if I should switch to a different resort. But, over the last few months, I've come to learn that you are such a friendly and honest group. And, simply put, I trust your opinion.

So what would you do? Have any of you stayed in the Garden Suites at BWI before? I'm really puzzled. I know I'll be happy no matter what, but I need some good opinions! Thanks!!

I love the boardwalk area! On our first trip to disney my husband and I went out one night and hung out on the boardwalk. I fell in love with the area.

My only issue was the pool. I just can't get past the clown. But I looked into the resort.... Love the colors and interior but one long hallway, uh ah! I like the lay out of BC/YC better. One of the complaints about BWI is the long hallway.

I think I would try and see if I can find out where the suites are located in BWI if it was doable and the discount was good I would go for it. If I was paying the same amount as my room in BC/YC I would stick with the original plan. That's just me. But I've been dreaming of staying at YC since we started looking into our 1st family disney vac in 2008

A good problem to have! I have never stayed at BWI, so I don't have any advice for you. Pixarmom has stayed at both (YC and BWI), but she may still be away on vacation. She has posted comparisons to the two resorts in a prior thread, but I can't remember which one.

Sounds a great rate for the Garden Suites. DD is going to be a CM on the ICP I hope she gets some good rates but at the moment I just need to book somewhere, I can't leave booking a room until a few weeks before we arrive so I'm going book something on Tuesday and then cancel if she gets us a better deal, I'm climbing the walls as it is now and we don't go until the end of July, I have to know where I'm sleeping...guess I'm a control freak :eek:.

Getting back to the BWI, I stayed there with DD last August in a standard room CL. We were directly above the garden suites and they looked beautiful, the CL is great too and CM members there are so friendly. The only slight pain I would see is that to use the CL you have a short walk through the garden, its very pretty, you will then have to take the elevator to the 4th floor and there a short walk to the lounge, we were next door to the lounge so were popping in and out all the time for drinks but this wouldn't be so easy in the garden suites, however given a very good rate I'd jump at it.

My biggest issue with the Garden Suites at BWI is it is somewhat inconvenient to access the CL lounge since the suites are down below and the lounge is up on 4 (or 5? I don't recall anymore). I like easy access to the lounge, especially at breakfast time, where I can run down quickly, grab something and bring it back to my room without navigating elevators etc.

Also, the Luna Pool is actually pretty small considering the size of the resort. We don't have clown issues ;) so we don't stay away based on the slide, but rather the size. We stayed at BWI in November during a cold streak so crowding wasn't an issue, but I imagine it could be in the summer months.

Despite the extra bathroom and cost savings, I am not sure I would give up YC & SAB for BWI, but I am heavily biased towards YC CL, as it is my favorite resort anywhere on property :)

I just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful replies and to tell you that we decided to keep our reservation at the YC. The extra space and the extra bathroom at the BWI were VERY tempting, but SAB and the close proximity of the CL lounge at YC were just too much to give up!

So...only 5 more days until we arrive at the YC!! :goodvibes

I have been looking forward to this day in particular for a while. We have been so busy this last month. My DS competed in the state gymnastics meet in March. And, my DD was in the middle school production of The Wizard of Oz this past weekend. But, now that those two big events are behind us and I can finally think about packing for our trip!

On a side note....I posted the same question about the BWI cottages over on the BWI thread and got a few nice responses. However, since I posted my question over there, that thread has progressed a total of 2 pages while this thread has moved 31 pages! Holy cow...I knew this was a fast moving thread but didn't see how fast until I paid attention to another resort thread! You guys rock!!

And, my DH does have one question for you all. For anyone who is there now...is there Sam Adams beer in the CL? And, if so, what kind? He's guessing it might be the spring season one.

OK now, off to pack...finally!! :cool1:

they put on a few skits for class grades, last year they made puppets (clothes and all) for a "puppet show". Needless to say DD's were all Disney princesses.

She keeps taking the class hoping that one year a new teacher will come in and let them actually Perform :) After all her dream is to be the next Belle at WDW

Good luck to her! One of the local women who did makeup for DD's last show worked at Disney, and really hoped to be chosen to be Snow White- never made it though :( Playing Belle in Beauty and the Beast (the stage musical) is one of my DD's dream roles :)

Need some help deciding between YC and BC. We have never stayed at either resort. We own DVC and our home is BWV so we are familiar with and love the area. We are traveling Aug. 14-22 and booked at BC right now for Aug. 14 with an AP rate. Hoping to book 4 more nights with an AP rate as well, then we move to VWL for the last 3 nights. Anyway.....

We picked BC because I thought it would be more relaxed theme for us since we have young kids, 5 and 2. However, a balcony is very important to me and I know that we will only have a 50% chance of getting a full balcony at the BC. Another reason for choosing BC was it's closer to the Marketplace and we like to refill mugs and get a quick meal.

Thoughts??

Hi! We just booked our first stay at the Beach Club. Saved a lot with the Disney Visa discount! We get to stay at the club level! :yay:
Please add us to the BOG list! I am so excited to start researching!

August 3-8, 2013
Beach Club (club level)
Celebrating DD's birthday as well as mine!

Morning friends! Still waiting to book our room until the 2014 prices come out in a couple months but my sister finally agreed to stay at Beach or Yacht Club! Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed for availability on our dates.

Even though I am at work, when I stepped out of my house this morning it felt like one of those Disney mornings. You know the kind- clear blue sky, sun shining, cool and breezy but not cold and fresh air. If I closed my eyes it was almost like I had stepped out of my resort room and was on my way out to the park. Now if only my bus today had taken me to EPCOT instead of school.

Have a great day everybody!

This was simply wonderful to read! Thanks for sharing your "Magical Moment"!! :cool1:

I thought I would post to give everybody a heads up on airfares. Southwest Airlines merged with Air Tran awhile back and lately I've noticed that, in my region, Southwest has added even more flights to Orlando. What this is translating into is too many flights with really low prices in an attempt to fill the seats. I'm sure they are doing this in an attempt to "thin the herd" and see how the extra flights sell.

The point of all this is to remind you to check prices on your flights even if you have already booked them. The way I figure flight pricing works is this:
Flights are first released to the schedule with a low price. As the flights sell the price rises. Then at the last minute before travel, if there are empty seats the price drops in an attempt to fill those seats.

What I think I'm seeing now is that after the initial release of flights, Southwest added the Air Tran flights to the inventory and created the high inventory at the low demand time. I believe this is the mid point for summer travel flight booking where the early adopters have already booked and all that remains to fill the seats are the people who haven't made travel plans yet. With the addition of the Air Tran Inventory you have a unusual bubble where the prices are low due to the added inventory. I'm not sure if this is being seen in other Southwest/Air Tran markets as I don't follow them so I wouldn't know if this applies in YOUR area...

So.... the upshot of this post is to remind you to check your flight prices and see if the prices have dropped and it would pay to rebook on a cheaper flight, ESPECIALLY if you are in an Southwest/Air Tran market.

I follow the Southwest market and I snagged $115 flights each way for our June trip. :cool1: We are even leaving earlier so we will get to see Yee Ha Bob at long last! :mic: :wave2:

Here is another thing I've been thinking about based on posts that I've seen appear here on our list. As for counter service meals a lot of people overlook the bakeries at WDW. Since the Boardwalk bakery is undergoing refurbishment, we don't have an idea of the new menu but I'd bet that it might have some sandwiches on it. I had the chance to try out the new bakery in France for a counter service lunch and I have to say the sandwiches there were really good!!

Another quick walk from the resort is the Fish and Chips take out window located at England in the world Showcase. Both England and France are a quick 10 minute walk from the Hotel and since you are going to have to walk someplace for lunch what's another 5 minutes or so to get something quick and yummy.

I think people tend to nail the Beach Club/Yacht Club as a resort that doesn't have counter service options like other resorts with "Food Courts" do. The guests staying at the "food court resorts" are limited to what is available at the food court where as the guests staying at the BC/YC have a great selection of counter service options that are only a short walk away. Let's face it... you have to walk to the food court, so is it that much of a stretch to think that, when staying at the Yacht and Beach Clubs, walking just 5 minutes more will open up a 'World' of counter service dining options for you when you stay there?

So in the end I believe it's all in how you think about it. If you can break out of the food court mentality and think about all the dining options that really are right there in the BC/YC resort area you will see that you really have much better (IMHO) dining options than the typical food court line up, all for just a short and enjoyable stroll away!

Nom, nom, nom!
~NM

Thanks for the offer. These are the things on my "wish list". Others may be getting pictures or answers for these, so only check on these if it is convenient for you.

Marketplace- can the flatbreads be prepared without sauce?

Marketplace- price check on Oreo Bon-Bons- are they a snack credit?

I think someone asked if the bakery items at the Marketplace can be used for a dessert with a CS meal credit.

Pictures-

Ice Tea Dispenser for refill mugs- are these available at all refill locations (Marketplace, Beaches & Cream, Hurricane Hanna's and Ale & Compass)

Picture of Martha's Vineyard food menu.

Thanks!

Dee

I'll see what I can get! I got a brand new camera for this trip, I'll be taking lots of pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Where are the best views located? There will be 5 of us so we will need a daybed. I would also like a full balcony. I am considering saving for water view but would want lagoon and not pool if I did this. Is this possible or wishful thinking? Would I be better off booking garden? If I pay for a water view, I would want lagoon. Are these rooms scarce?

Thanks for any advice:)

This was simply wonderful to read! Thanks for sharing your "Magical Moment"!! :cool1:

I thought I would post to give everybody a heads up on airfares. Southwest Airlines merged with Air Tran awhile back and lately I've noticed that, in my region, Southwest has added even more flights to Orlando. What this is translating into is too many flights with really low prices in an attempt to fill the seats. I'm sure they are doing this in an attempt to "thin the herd" and see how the extra flights sell.

The point of all this is to remind you to check prices on your flights even if you have already booked them. The way I figure flight pricing works is this:
Flights are first released to the schedule with a low price. As the flights sell the price rises. Then at the last minute before travel, if there are empty seats the price drops in an attempt to fill those seats.

What I think I'm seeing now is that after the initial release of flights, Southwest added the Air Tran flights to the inventory and created the high inventory at the low demand time. I believe this is the mid point for summer travel flight booking where the early adopters have already booked and all that remains to fill the seats are the people who haven't made travel plans yet. With the addition of the Air Tran Inventory you have a unusual bubble where the prices are low due to the added inventory. I'm not sure if this is being seen in other Southwest/Air Tran markets as I don't follow them so I wouldn't know if this applies in YOUR area...

So.... the upshot of this post is to remind you to check your flight prices and see if the prices have dropped and it would pay to rebook on a cheaper flight, ESPECIALLY if you are in an Southwest/Air Tran market.

I follow the Southwest market and I snagged $115 flights each way for our June trip. :cool1: We are even leaving earlier so we will get to see Yee Ha Bob at long last! :mic: :wave2:

Here is another thing I've been thinking about based on posts that I've seen appear here on our list. As for counter service meals a lot of people overlook the bakeries at WDW. Since the Boardwalk bakery is undergoing refurbishment, we don't have an idea of the new menu but I'd bet that it might have some sandwiches on it. I had the chance to try out the new bakery in France for a counter service lunch and I have to say the sandwiches there were really good!!

Another quick walk from the resort is the Fish and Chips take out window located at England in the world Showcase. Both England and France are a quick 10 minute walk from the Hotel and since you are going to have to walk someplace for lunch what's another 5 minutes or so to get something quick and yummy.

I think people tend to nail the Beach Club/Yacht Club as a resort that doesn't have counter service options like other resorts with "Food Courts" do. The guests staying at the "food court resorts" are limited to what is available at the food court where as the guests staying at the BC/YC have a great selection of counter service options that are only a short walk away. Let's face it... you have to walk to the food court, so is it that much of a stretch to think that, when staying at the Yacht and Beach Clubs, walking just 5 minutes more will open up a 'World' of counter service dining options for you when you stay there?

So in the end I believe it's all in how you think about it. If you can break out of the food court mentality and think about all the dining options that really are right there in the BC/YC resort area you will see that you really have much better (IMHO) dining options than the typical food court line up, all for just a short and enjoyable stroll away!

Nom, nom, nom!
~NM

This was the main reason I was on the fence for BC. We tried it out 2 years ago in August and I was all excited to try out all the different options a short walk away. The only problem..it rained from ~1pm-9pm almost every day. So, we were stranded!!

But, I'm giving it another go! We'll be there next week and are so excited to spend more time at Epcot and try new foods around the world!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just received an e-mail yesterday that our wait list for BCV came through, so we will be visiting 8/24-8/27! My boys (6&9) are so excited for SAB :) I was soo sure that this wait list wouldn't come through.

I think I have photos. Will try to check and upload later. My daughter did the hair wrap, and yes, it was $2 per inch. But I guess she also added some beads, so it was more. I might have the details in the photos.

Hair wraps: $2 per inch plus price of beads.
Hours: 10am-5pm (I think that's what it says - it's hard to see in the upload, but my original is a little more clear.)

2013WDW-Mar21MagicKingdom190_zpsb32ac8f5.jpg

Pearl Factory: $15.99 (that's the posted price, but I can't make out any of the details)

2013WDW-Mar20BCV017_zpse1ab3fb3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter