2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woolf5150

woolf5150 Earning My Ears

Booked and ready to go week of July 6th! I am ready for heat and new experiences! BCR here we come

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ella6599

ella6599 Mouseketeer

This sounds like a really fun show... you probably said but I don't remember, school play? My girls have their school play this Thursday (with auditions for the next community theater youth show for my oldest Monday and Tuesday!)

4. medicgirl177

medicgirl177 Mouseketeer

Mickey Mail has arrived! Luggage tags filled out! Airline tickets purchased (scored nonstop by chance!)! Early extra night booked (at AoA due to our late night arrival, we'll see how it goes!)!

Thirty-three bottles of Sunken Treasure on the wall,...33 bottles of Sunken Treasure....!!!!! (T-33days)

5. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much!!! I'm planning on sending them on the second day we are there for same reason you were thinking. Rain! Or should I say flash flood! I can't wait to surprise them!

Thanks for your input!

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

What is your girls' school play and what are they auditioning for?

Yes, Pom Pom Zombies was the middle school show. It was perfect for this age group. It is a spoof of 1960's beach movies. The head cheerleader eats a hotdog with contaminated relish (actually, nuclear waste) and turns into a zombie. She bites the other cheerleaders and they become zombies, too. It is up to the nerds, beatniks and a tough girl gang to save the day. In the end, true love conquers all! :love:

The songs are incredible and hilarious!

Our community theatre group is doing The Aristocats. Ben is Napoleon the Dog. Picture day was yesterday.

[​IMG]

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next week!

:cool1:

How did you book your stay? Did you book it yourself through Disney? Or a travel agency? Or a travel supplier like Travelocity or Orbitz?

Have you tried calling the Disney reservation line to see if they can quote you the price for an upgrade? I'm not sure how that works if you have booked through a third party- if they "own" the reservation, they may have to get the quote for you, and I'm not sure how to do that through an online service.

You should at least be able to check online (through the Disney site) to see whether there is a one bedroom suite available for your dates and I would guess get a quote for the total cost of the room, without regard to doing an upgrade. At least that would give you a ballpark figure.

8. ella6599

ella6599 Mouseketeer

Great picture! The school play is Pirates! The Musical- haven't seen the whole thing yet, but the parts I've seen are pretty fun. DD11 is playing Queen of the High C's, and DD9 is playing Bucky the deckhand. DD11 is auditioning for Ghost of Canterville Hall (can't convince her younger sister to audition)- she's hoping to play Virginia, or Mrs. Umney :) She wants to make a career out of acting (specifically Broadway)...so we'll see. Her younger sister...not so thrilled with the stage, but giving it a shot :)

9. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Love the costume! Looks like he had a blast.

10. elmpark

elmpark Earning My Ears

hi all - ill be arriving at MCO from london gatwick due in or virgin flight at 5:05pm ET on sunday evening 21st july

I realise the horror stories of long waits at the international customs so am ready for a possible 2 hour wait.

picking up hire car (8 of us in 2 cars) from hertz and then straight to beach club. I'm not contemplating going into the parks 'to play' - BUT.....

we may need to eat - we have 'free' disney dining and are contemplating using one of the counter service credits each to find somewhere to eat a quick meal.

to be honest, landing at 5pm I reckon no earlier than 8pm - maybe 9pm :(

struggling to find anything hotel wise (other than market place?) for a quick sit down and eat of a counter service meal. not much at boardwalk either - perhaps thinking of going into epcot and fish and chips at yorkshire chip shop?

or perhaps jump back in cars and head to downtown? anyone got any ideas?

11. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

I think someone mentioned a cafeteria type eatery at the Dolphin next door???

Maybe the ESPN at Boardwalk might stay open late?

12. elmpark

elmpark Earning My Ears

Cheers! - I have heard of the one in the Dolphin - but looking to use my counter dining credits though! And I think ESPN is table service though? (Ive already planned all my 14 table credits!)

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July.

:cool1:

Just looked at the park hours for your arrival night:

If there is nothing at the Marketplace that tempts you (flatbread, sandwich, chowder, grab and go sushi or salad), and if you will have sufficient theme park admissions to enter a park (and usually adding on a day is just a few dollars), you could go into EPCOT very easily until 9- Fish and Chips is one option, the bakery in France has excellent sandwiches and I personally love the meals at the Tangierine cafe in Morocco.

HS is open until 10- you have a little more time to do that, although I don't know where I would send you to for CS.

Further away is MK, which I believe is open until 11, but has two extra magic hours, so you would have until 1 am, if you have the energy and want to get the party started right away!

DTD is an option, too, as you suggest and there are lots of great options over there.

Good luck and bon appetit!

14. AliceIn

AliceIn DIS Veteran

Where are most of the standard rooms on the CL? We're a family of 5, so SV was our only choice. I'm assuming they look out on the driveway or out on a roof? I know there's a map on the first page, are the SV listed there close?

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I just looked at the map on Page 1, and yes, most of the rooms on the 5th floor that are marked as standard view face toward the parking lot/front entrance. There are a few that are marked as SV on the other (back/lake) side of the resort, but I am guessing that a lot, if not all, of these have been reclassified as garden view as they look out onto courtyards.

16. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Just ask. Keep in mind a one bedroom suite has a king bed in the bedroom and a daybed in the room off the bedroom (I call it a study). Bathroom is off the study.

17. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Most of them run along the front of the resort ... looking directly onto the roof.

18. kristen2276

kristen2276 Mouseketeer

when we went last June 16-21st- We stayed at the BWI and we shared every bus with Swan/Dolphin, and YC/BC- no matter the time of day. BC was always last- and this is the only thing we are really concerned about this time- because a lot of times the bus was full by the time it got to BC. I really feel like Deluxe resorts should not be sharing with that many hotels unless it is really low crowds. It was crazy and very annoying-

19. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Strange. Jeanne and I got on the MK bus at the BC around 2:30 last week. It went directly to MK. Coming home around 7 PM, we were on a dedicated bus that went from MK directly to YC and then BC.

20. mousekatool

mousekatool Mouseketeer

DH and I did the ride along in Charlotte, and it was so much fun! I got a Groupon for his birthday, and bought one for myself, too! We went at least 150, which I can't see me doing on my own. Also, the people who did the driving experience said that much of the 'experience' is classroom and safety training. So the actual driving part is short. I would definitely recommend the ride along.

21. mousekatool

mousekatool Mouseketeer

One week from today!! I am so excited!! We are driving down, so I didn't plan any ADRs that night. I hope we can hit Beaches and Cream for dinner - I am dying to try the No Way Jose. Then, maybe we'll hit the Boardwalk before tucking in at the YC....gotta get to some sleep so we can make our breakfast at Cape May! I can't wait. And the best part? We still haven't told DD7 and DS4 that we're going! I can't wait to see their responses! Hopefully this week will fly by.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.