1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Hi there!! I know what you mean... feels like a vacation sort of morning huh! :)

I was getting caught up over here and noticed you posted and coincidently I just updated my TR for the big reveal for the YC Admiral Suite. I know Dee is going to post some photos for the Special Suites thread but if anyone wants a sneak peek, just come on over to my TR. :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 8lovesmickey

8lovesmickey I'm movin' on, say goodbye to me...down at the Lau

I leave Sunday and am having the same problem!! Bring me the weekend!

4. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

I just read about fifty pages of this thread to catch up!!! LOL :) I love reading about everyone's upcoming trips and reports back. Makes the time go faster for me. :)

Dee if you still need any of those other photos when I go back next month I will be sure to get them for you. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

:banana::banana::banana: have a great time!!

6. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:woohoo:

Glad you enjoyed the Beach Club. Looking forward to hearing about your trip!

:goodvibes

Glad to hear that! Have a fantastic trip!

:yay:

Does anyone know the types of beer currently offered in the CL?

Are all of the members of your traveling party over the age of 3? In that case, you would have priority for a daybed or you would get a room with a rollaway if a daybed is not available.

If any of your party is under the age of 3, I think the request for a daybed should be one of your requests.

I don't know the number/percentage of rooms in the LV category, overlooking the lagoon, with a daybed and full balcony.

If you would not be happy with a pool view, then I don't know if it is worth it to pay the extra money for the WV category. With requests for a daybed (if needed), full balcony and lagoon view, there is a possibility you may not get all 3.

Would you want a lagoon view if the room only had a standing balcony?

pixiedust:

Thanks for the pictures and info! They are perfect! When I get a chance, I will add them to the Ameneties section on Page 1.

Thanks! I'll let you know if there are pictures I am looking for. I'm constantly coming up with new missions!

7. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

:welcome:

I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list. Would you like to be added? Early July? BC or YC?

:cool1:

I'm not sure about Bingo. I went back a few months, too. They did have Bingo at SAB last March and April. The last month it was listed was September 2012.

I hope it will be back for the summer.

Official :welcome:

Questions for Teena

Do you know if all king bed rooms have a daybed?

Would a family of 3 (with everyone over the age of 3) be assigned to king bed room if they requested it? (or stated differently, what is the occupancy of a king bed room with daybed)

In this case, the daughter is under age 3, they would be a party of 2, right?

Has anyone stayed in a king bed room that does NOT have a daybed?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list, at the BC, for now.

Have you been following the BC vs. YC thread from yesterday?

The two resorts are very similar and I would be perfectly happy staying at either. I have a slight preference to the Beach Club because I like the decor better, but if a balcony is important, I would probably steer you to the YC. The distance to the Marketplace is not a factor for my family because my boys are older, but with younger kids, that may be an important consideration.

So, it looks like I have just rephrased your observations which probably serves as no help at all to you!

Will do! Please let us know if you have any questions.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I know you have posted before, but here's an official :welcome:

Thanks for sharing your Disney moment!

I see I have you on the BOG for January.

:welcome: and congratulations!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

8. kenly777

kenly777 Mouseketeer

I'm new to this and was wondering if the Be Our Guest list is for BCI and BCV or just BCI? I will be at the BCV 8/24-8/27. So excited!

Edit: Thanks for adding us!!!! Counting the days!

9. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I'll do the dirty work and find out all of the beer types in the YC CL! (Should be the same in BC I would imagine) :goodvibes

Anything else you need information on Dee???

9 more days!!! :banana::woohoo::dance3:

10. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

I would imagine that's gonna be a tough job :rotfl: Hmmmmm, bet you might Sample all of them too??!!!??

11. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

In the name of research and in the interest of the common good, I will shoulder that burden. ;) :lmao:

12. nabby

nabby Earning My Ears

Hi! It's great to be able to read through a thread like this ahead of our stay at YC CL this coming September. You guys have put together such a great resource of knowledge and guidance. I just wanted to say Thanks! :worship:

Could we be added to the BOG list please? Our dates are 09/14/13 to 09/28/13 at YC CL and we're a party of 3 (2 adults and 1 child). We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, my 40th birthday and our daughter's 3rd birthday (plus her first ever visit to Disney World!).

[​IMG]

We're already getting Kirsty (our daughter) to watch our ever-growing collection of Disney films. So far her favourites are Monsters Inc, Lilo & Stich, The Princess & The Frog, A Bug's Life, Toy Story and Brave. Her mum (my wife) is Scottish so the liking of Brave is genetic I think! :rotfl2:

I made the (small) mistake recently of showing Kirsty the video of the Magic Kingdom on the Disney World website when she was having her bedtime milk one evening. She was so excited she didn't sleep for over an hour (she usually settles herself after 10 minutes in bed) . My wife has not yet let me forget that little incident so no more getting Kirsty excited until much nearer the time :confused3:lmao:

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I have been revising and double checking my last two posts, and I realize I left you off my original welcome post. Sorry about that!!! I have gone back and added you to the post.

I will absolutely be adding you to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana::banana::banana:

14. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

People are also curious about how the house-made potato chips and dip taste, so if you could try those, it would be extemely helpful.

Thanks, and have a wonderful trip!!!

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

Thanks for sharing your background and the picture with us. I have one question, though. How are you possibly going to wear a Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday and First Visit buttons all at once???

16. nabby

nabby Earning My Ears

Thanks!

As for buttons, I'll wear the 40th birthday one, my wife can have the anniversary one and my daughter can have the 3rd birthday one.

I could ask my wife to wear my 40th birthday button but she'd disown me.

But in reality, my daughter will want all three :rotfl:

17. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

OK, I have made lots of additions and changes to the Be Our Guest list over the past week!

Please take a moment to look it over to make sure I have your information listed correctly!

Thanks!

Dee

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

18. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Nabby: Your little princess is beautiful!!!!

her favorite films are also MY DD's favorites right after Beauty and the Beast!!!

You have picked a GREAT resort for her first stay.

have a wonderful time planning pixiedust:

19. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Yes, please taste the chips and dip.............we would ALL love to know if they are any good!!!!

Thanks Dee for putting that back in my mind while I'm trying to swallow Eggs

20. justustoo

justustoo Mouseketeer

I don't see us on BOG, but may have overlooked it-( our plans changed several times that even I couldn't keep it straight)! Our final dates are May 26-31 YC GV . Thank you for maintaining this thread- it is so fun!

21. justustoo

justustoo Mouseketeer

Oops - my mistake just found our name on May 29. Here is our final schedule: 5/21-26 BG/SW/DC, 5/26-31 WDW, and 5/31-6/4 UOR. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.