2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked and ready to go week of July 6th! I am ready for heat and new experiences! BCR here we come

Think I am all caught up!

Thanks for all the good wishes for Ben's show. It was AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of him as Skipper. He did a great job and we are VERY proud of him. I know a few of you have kids involved in theatre. Pom Pom Zombies is one of the favorite shows we have been involved with. Outrageously fun!!!

This sounds like a really fun show... you probably said but I don't remember, school play? My girls have their school play this Thursday (with auditions for the next community theater youth show for my oldest Monday and Tuesday!)

Mickey Mail has arrived! Luggage tags filled out! Airline tickets purchased (scored nonstop by chance!)! Early extra night booked (at AoA due to our late night arrival, we'll see how it goes!)!

Thirty-three bottles of Sunken Treasure on the wall,...33 bottles of Sunken Treasure....!!!!! (T-33days)

Mickey & Minnie Mom said:
It has been several years but I did the ride-a-long the same day my DH did the actual driving experience at WDW.

The ride-a-long is a quick 3 lap ride around the track with an experienced stock car driver. I don't recall which organization my driver was with. You need to get all suited up even with the ride-a-long and you get to slide in through the window ... just on the passenger side. ;) We got up to about 145 MPH so like I said, it goes quick!

Now the driving experience is a whole other things with some training before the actual driving. He did the 8 lap experience and had a great time. He got up to 126 MPH which was the fastest of his group. They made it a lot of fun for the spectators as well, playing it all up for the drivers. They also take the "fans" around the track in a van while the drivers are preparing so you can see what they'll be driving around and the banking, etc.

Word of caution though for anyone doing the driving experience. If it rains, they will cancel so I suggest scheduling early in the trip just in case. If you wait until the last day and it rains, you will only get a credit that has to be used within a certain amount of time. Which can be at another track, but still has the time limit. They don't do a refund.

There are definitely discounts out there. And they will also email discounts if you are signed up through their website.

Thanks so much!!! I'm planning on sending them on the second day we are there for same reason you were thinking. Rain! Or should I say flash flood! I can't wait to surprise them!

Thanks for your input!

This sounds like a really fun show... you probably said but I don't remember, school play? My girls have their school play this Thursday (with auditions for the next community theater youth show for my oldest Monday and Tuesday!)

What is your girls' school play and what are they auditioning for?

Yes, Pom Pom Zombies was the middle school show. It was perfect for this age group. It is a spoof of 1960's beach movies. The head cheerleader eats a hotdog with contaminated relish (actually, nuclear waste) and turns into a zombie. She bites the other cheerleaders and they become zombies, too. It is up to the nerds, beatniks and a tough girl gang to save the day. In the end, true love conquers all! :love:

The songs are incredible and hilarious!

Our community theatre group is doing The Aristocats. Ben is Napoleon the Dog. Picture day was yesterday.

P1140661.jpg

We have a non-club garden view for next week (13-17). Paid in full as a package. Is there any way now or at check in to find out the cost to upgrade to a one bedroom suite? There are 3 of us.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next week!

:cool1:

How did you book your stay? Did you book it yourself through Disney? Or a travel agency? Or a travel supplier like Travelocity or Orbitz?

Have you tried calling the Disney reservation line to see if they can quote you the price for an upgrade? I'm not sure how that works if you have booked through a third party- if they "own" the reservation, they may have to get the quote for you, and I'm not sure how to do that through an online service.

You should at least be able to check online (through the Disney site) to see whether there is a one bedroom suite available for your dates and I would guess get a quote for the total cost of the room, without regard to doing an upgrade. At least that would give you a ballpark figure.

What is your girls' school play and what are they auditioning for?

Yes, Pom Pom Zombies was the middle school show. It was perfect for this age group. It is a spoof of 1960's beach movies. The head cheerleader eats a hotdog with contaminated relish (actually, nuclear waste) and turns into a zombie. She bites the other cheerleaders and they become zombies, too. It is up to the nerds, beatniks and a tough girl gang to save the day. In the end, true love conquers all! :love:

The songs are incredible and hilarious!

Our community theatre group is doing The Aristocats. Ben is Napoleon the Dog. Picture day was yesterday.

P1140661.jpg

Great picture! The school play is Pirates! The Musical- haven't seen the whole thing yet, but the parts I've seen are pretty fun. DD11 is playing Queen of the High C's, and DD9 is playing Bucky the deckhand. DD11 is auditioning for Ghost of Canterville Hall (can't convince her younger sister to audition)- she's hoping to play Virginia, or Mrs. Umney :) She wants to make a career out of acting (specifically Broadway)...so we'll see. Her younger sister...not so thrilled with the stage, but giving it a shot :)

hi all - ill be arriving at MCO from london gatwick due in or virgin flight at 5:05pm ET on sunday evening 21st july

I realise the horror stories of long waits at the international customs so am ready for a possible 2 hour wait.

picking up hire car (8 of us in 2 cars) from hertz and then straight to beach club. I'm not contemplating going into the parks 'to play' - BUT.....

we may need to eat - we have 'free' disney dining and are contemplating using one of the counter service credits each to find somewhere to eat a quick meal.

to be honest, landing at 5pm I reckon no earlier than 8pm - maybe 9pm :(

struggling to find anything hotel wise (other than market place?) for a quick sit down and eat of a counter service meal. not much at boardwalk either - perhaps thinking of going into epcot and fish and chips at yorkshire chip shop?

or perhaps jump back in cars and head to downtown? anyone got any ideas?

hi all - ill be arriving at MCO from london gatwick due in or virgin flight at 5:05pm ET on sunday evening 21st july

I realise the horror stories of long waits at the international customs so am ready for a possible 2 hour wait.

picking up hire car (8 of us in 2 cars) from hertz and then straight to beach club. I'm not contemplating going into the parks 'to play' - BUT.....

we may need to eat - we have 'free' disney dining and are contemplating using one of the counter service credits each to find somewhere to eat a quick meal.

struggling to find anything hotel wise (other than market place?) for a quick sit down and eat of a counter service meal. not much at boardwalk either - perhaps thinking of going into epcot and fish and chips at yorkshire chip shop?

I think someone mentioned a cafeteria type eatery at the Dolphin next door???

Maybe the ESPN at Boardwalk might stay open late?

I think someone mentioned a cafeteria type eatery at the Dolphin next door???

Maybe the ESPN at Boardwalk might stay open late?
Cheers! - I have heard of the one in the Dolphin - but looking to use my counter dining credits though! And I think ESPN is table service though? (Ive already planned all my 14 table credits!)

:welcome: to this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for July.

:cool1:

Just looked at the park hours for your arrival night:

If there is nothing at the Marketplace that tempts you (flatbread, sandwich, chowder, grab and go sushi or salad), and if you will have sufficient theme park admissions to enter a park (and usually adding on a day is just a few dollars), you could go into EPCOT very easily until 9- Fish and Chips is one option, the bakery in France has excellent sandwiches and I personally love the meals at the Tangierine cafe in Morocco.

HS is open until 10- you have a little more time to do that, although I don't know where I would send you to for CS.

Further away is MK, which I believe is open until 11, but has two extra magic hours, so you would have until 1 am, if you have the energy and want to get the party started right away!

DTD is an option, too, as you suggest and there are lots of great options over there.

Good luck and bon appetit!

Where are most of the standard rooms on the CL? We're a family of 5, so SV was our only choice. I'm assuming they look out on the driveway or out on a roof? I know there's a map on the first page, are the SV listed there close?

Where are most of the standard rooms on the CL? We're a family of 5, so SV was our only choice. I'm assuming they look out on the driveway or out on a roof? I know there's a map on the first page, are the SV listed there close?

I just looked at the map on Page 1, and yes, most of the rooms on the 5th floor that are marked as standard view face toward the parking lot/front entrance. There are a few that are marked as SV on the other (back/lake) side of the resort, but I am guessing that a lot, if not all, of these have been reclassified as garden view as they look out onto courtyards.

We have a non-club garden view for next week (13-17). Paid in full as a package. Is there any way now or at check in to find out the cost to upgrade to a one bedroom suite? There are 3 of us.

Just ask. Keep in mind a one bedroom suite has a king bed in the bedroom and a daybed in the room off the bedroom (I call it a study). Bathroom is off the study.

Most of them run along the front of the resort ... looking directly onto the roof.

We do early June all the time. YC & BC share buses to MK, with BC last. They share with all 5 to DTD. In non peak time all 5 share to AK, but not at park opening or closing, IIRC. I believe it's just YC & BC then.

when we went last June 16-21st- We stayed at the BWI and we shared every bus with Swan/Dolphin, and YC/BC- no matter the time of day. BC was always last- and this is the only thing we are really concerned about this time- because a lot of times the bus was full by the time it got to BC. I really feel like Deluxe resorts should not be sharing with that many hotels unless it is really low crowds. It was crazy and very annoying-

when we went last June 16-21st- We stayed at the BWI and we shared every bus with Swan/Dolphin, and YC/BC- no matter the time of day. BC was always last- and this is the only thing we are really concerned about this time- because a lot of times the bus was full by the time it got to BC. I really feel like Deluxe resorts should not be sharing with that many hotels unless it is really low crowds. It was crazy and very annoying-

Strange. Jeanne and I got on the MK bus at the BC around 2:30 last week. It went directly to MK. Coming home around 7 PM, we were on a dedicated bus that went from MK directly to YC and then BC.

It has been several years but I did the ride-a-long the same day my DH did the actual driving experience at WDW.

The ride-a-long is a quick 3 lap ride around the track with an experienced stock car driver. I don't recall which organization my driver was with. You need to get all suited up even with the ride-a-long and you get to slide in through the window ... just on the passenger side. ;) We got up to about 145 MPH so like I said, it goes quick!

Now the driving experience is a whole other things with some training before the actual driving. He did the 8 lap experience and had a great time. He got up to 126 MPH which was the fastest of his group. They made it a lot of fun for the spectators as well, playing it all up for the drivers. They also take the "fans" around the track in a van while the drivers are preparing so you can see what they'll be driving around and the banking, etc.

Word of caution though for anyone doing the driving experience. If it rains, they will cancel so I suggest scheduling early in the trip just in case. If you wait until the last day and it rains, you will only get a credit that has to be used within a certain amount of time. Which can be at another track, but still has the time limit. They don't do a refund.

There are definitely discounts out there. And they will also email discounts if you are signed up through their website.

DH and I did the ride along in Charlotte, and it was so much fun! I got a Groupon for his birthday, and bought one for myself, too! We went at least 150, which I can't see me doing on my own. Also, the people who did the driving experience said that much of the 'experience' is classroom and safety training. So the actual driving part is short. I would definitely recommend the ride along.

One week from today!! I am so excited!! We are driving down, so I didn't plan any ADRs that night. I hope we can hit Beaches and Cream for dinner - I am dying to try the No Way Jose. Then, maybe we'll hit the Boardwalk before tucking in at the YC....gotta get to some sleep so we can make our breakfast at Cape May! I can't wait. And the best part? We still haven't told DD7 and DS4 that we're going! I can't wait to see their responses! Hopefully this week will fly by.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter