2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ: Don't Post Here! New Thread Now Open

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pixarmom

pixarmom DIS Veteran

Seattle was very easy! But Vancouver is wonderful, so I hope you have a little time to enjoy it before you sail! We were on Deck 8, midship - I think it was 8536. We loved the midship location and would absolutely choose that room again. Just a quick walk up the stairs to the Cove Cafe and the goofy pool! If midship was not available, I might go aft a bit because it's close to the drink stations and the Mickey pool.

According to the BWI and Epcot CMs, the vinylmation trading changes went into effect on February 1 (during our BWI stay.) And then we saw this on the trading box at Mouse Gear:

[​IMG]

I like the idea of consolidating trading at the parks, but was really disappointed to hear about the end of trading at the resorts. Our boys used to go from Screen Door to Fittings and Fairings to the shop at SAB for trading (the Marketplace had the clear box, but only brought out the blind box at certain times.)

4. EagleScout

EagleScout Mouseketeer

Mickey mail just came today! It included both Disney American Tourister luggage tags and yellow stickers (that I think are the Magical Express stickers). The past 3 years we have stayed at Dolphin so a bit out of practice. There are probably instructions in there, but not yet had a chance to read.

5. RWathen

RWathen MomandDDluvMickey

Dreaming of Disney as our spring break comes to an end. I know summer will be here soon enough, but I cannot wait to be swimming in SAB! Looking forward to hearing about the trips from those of you who are there now or going soon.'

Ryan

6. 1971DBday

1971DBday Keep moving forward!

Southwest. I was shocked because usually they are up there because the luggage is included, but not this year. This just happened to be luck - I have been checking frequently on a daily basis. I am sooooo glad to be done with this so I can obsess about the right things - WDW!!!! :cheer2:

Also - Just got ONLINE CHECK-IN DONE!!!!!!!!!

7. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

I can't wait until we are at that point! Ugh our count down is taking FOREVER! Have a great trip!

8. ella6599

ella6599 Mouseketeer

Our current countdown is 19 days until we bring out the 99 day countdown calendar ;)

9. MickeyT

MickeyT DIS Veteran

Our first day tradition....
    Beaches and Cream. We usually stay offsite the first night so we check in around 10am. Being that early we plan on our room not being ready. So we soak up the lobby and/or the pool and are first in line for B&C opening. Then off to park of our choice!

[​IMG]

And the DIS boards also. Thank you Teena for all you do!

10. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Think I am all caught up!

Thanks for all the good wishes for Ben's show. It was AWESOME!!! Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of him as Skipper. He did a great job and we are VERY proud of him. I know a few of you have kids involved in theatre. Pom Pom Zombies is one of the favorite shows we have been involved with. Outrageously fun!!!

Next up: Disney's Aristocats at the end of April.

bigAWL- thank you so much for sharing your awesome photos!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next June. As your plans firm up you can confirm the dates.

:cool1:

There is a very old map of room numbers on the first page of this thread (it is on the Beach Club room post), but the room view categories are not acccurate- the map was created before rooms were reclassified with SV, GV and LV. It was also before the construction of the BC CL lounge on the 5th floor.

I would recommend following Teena's advice for your room request.

:grouphug: Jay to you and your family. I am sorry to hear about your daughter's struggle with diabetes. I can only imagine how difficult this has been for your family.

The beer selection may change seasonally- not sure which ones may be constant. If someone is there now, or staying CL soon, could you check on the beers that are currently being offered.

I have a list of the wines offered (as of December 2012)- not sure how often they change- in the CL post on Page 1.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list! Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

Sounds like an awesome project to work in as you wait for your trip.

LOVING your live reports!!! Keep 'em coming when you can!

:welcome: back!!!

So excited to add you onto the list!

:banana::banana::banana:

All 3 of you or just you and Emmy?

11. roydavid7771

roydavid7771 DIS Veteran

Morning everyone!

At the risk of revealing that I cannot go through all of our wonderful posts, does anyone know if they moved the gym equipment out of the solarium yet? Just curious....thanks, July can't get here soon enough!

12. nannette

nannette Dislikes Trolls! :)

Very true!!

~Nannette

13. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis. Hope that your trip to Disney is extra magical this year.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

It is all back to normal again. :goodvibes

Someone posted a recent picture of it a few pages back. :)

15. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I think bigAWL's pictures start on page 125 or thereabouts.

There are pictures of the refurbed health club on Page 1.

16. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

MickeyT - We have the same first day tradition - lunch at Beaches and Cream.

When we drive we also stay offsite the first night and then get an early start the next morning. Even when we fly we take the earliest flight available, and after checking in we are usually the first people at Beaches and Cream opening! No better way than to start a BC vacation than B&C!!!!

17. pamkat1820

pamkat1820 Mouseketeer

I just found out my mom can get discounted tickets to the driving experience. I'm thinking of getting my husband and my nephew tickets as a surprise anyone ever do the ride along?

Sorry I know it's :offtopic: but everyone here is soooo knowledgable :worship:

18. commdoc

commdoc Mouseketeer

We have a non-club garden view for next week (13-17). Paid in full as a package. Is there any way now or at check in to find out the cost to upgrade to a one bedroom suite? There are 3 of us.

19. DT83097

DT83097 DIS Veteran

We are staying at BC in September and we have 5 people (3A / 2C) so I know we will be given daybed priority. We also booked water view. I assume water view could include a quiet pool right? I really want to be on the 'back side' of the resort overlooking either SAB or ideally the lagoon but also prefer a full balcony (as it is my little place to escape when we are all in the room). So I'm wondering, given the limited # of full balconies, how likely we would be to get both requests (lagoon and full balcony)? I plan to add both to our room request but just want to be realistic about the chances.
    Thanks everyone - this is one of the best informational threads on the boards, and always very fast moving!!:goodvibes Can't wait for September

20. daneenm

daneenm Just call me Pollyanna ...

Jay, as a fellow parent of a child with T1D (DS12 was dx at 20 months), I am so sorry to hear that you have joined our ranks. This disease is overwhelming, all encompassing and in no time at all you will feel like you should be offered a medical degree for all that you have needed to learn. Having said that, you and your DD will find a time in the not too distant future where you don't spend every minute consumed by her Current BG, did her carbs get counted right, should she eat, was her dose right, is she exercising too much for the insulin she had, etc. While I would never call it easy, I would say it becomes a new version of normal that just becomes a natural part of daily life.

We were so worried about our first trip to WDW with DS...we had done DL quite well but the factors of heat, more walking and being across the country from home had us on edge. I will tell you how pleasantly surprised I was at how well it went for us. For us the things that worked were...carry 2x the amount of supplies you think you will need, always have portable snacks and glucose sources with you (especially in line), test,test,test. We had a wonderful trip, with no serious T1D based issues. The best news of all is that a Mickey Bar is just the thing to keep the BG up while walking in the heat :)

We have been at this now for more than 10 years. T1D does not rule our lives. DS is your typical 12 year old boy who swims year round, plays basketball, does well in school and wrestles with the boys on the front lawn. As a point of info he was on MDI (multiple daily injections) for 5 years before moving to an OmniPod insulin pump, which we love! I wish you the best as you and your family are adjusting to this, and just wanted you to know that there are many folks out here on the DIS that would be happy to offer support. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

21. Mickey & Minnie Mom

Mickey & Minnie Mom DIS Veteran

It has been several years but I did the ride-a-long the same day my DH did the actual driving experience at WDW.

The ride-a-long is a quick 3 lap ride around the track with an experienced stock car driver. I don't recall which organization my driver was with. You need to get all suited up even with the ride-a-long and you get to slide in through the window ... just on the passenger side. ;) We got up to about 145 MPH so like I said, it goes quick!

Now the driving experience is a whole other things with some training before the actual driving. He did the 8 lap experience and had a great time. He got up to 126 MPH which was the fastest of his group. They made it a lot of fun for the spectators as well, playing it all up for the drivers. They also take the "fans" around the track in a van while the drivers are preparing so you can see what they'll be driving around and the banking, etc.

Word of caution though for anyone doing the driving experience. If it rains, they will cancel so I suggest scheduling early in the trip just in case. If you wait until the last day and it rains, you will only get a credit that has to be used within a certain amount of time. Which can be at another track, but still has the time limit. They don't do a refund.

There are definitely discounts out there. And they will also email discounts if you are signed up through their website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.